Start by marking “Limerence” as Want to Read:
Limerence

Limerence

(Limerence #1)

One man's obsession could destroy them all.

Despite her love for her fiancé, Mia Lawrence finds herself inexplicably drawn to Mr Breckt- the mysterious new owner of the Island. Her thoughts are constantly consumed with the handsome and powerful stranger. However, there is much more to him than she realises, something dangerous and supernatural.

Mr Breckt is used to getting w
Kindle Edition, 1st, 288 pages
Published March 18th 2013 by Breakwater Harbor Books

To ask other readers questions about Limerence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Limerence

Start your review of Limerence
Brittany

4 Stars!!

All righty then.... well this was not what I was expecting when I downloaded this lil gem to my kindle. This book was a legit WTF- book.

Despite being desperately in love and engaged to Oliver-

Mia, finds herself attracted to Mr. Breckt.

She cant explain why just being in the presence of her fiancés boss, makes her feel things she knows she shouldn't be feeling. Her thoughts her feelings- even when she is away, Mr. Breckt consumes her mind.

Mr Breckt is used to getting what he wants,
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
Look, I tend to shy away from paranormal tales because The Fever Series nearly sent me to the loony bin. ... Seriously, that series should earn readers college credits... just sayin!

** Rearing my thoughts back in **

I borrowed this book from kindle unlimited because the cover caught my eye ( finally, being a cover whore paid off). . . . and I'm borrowing book 2 because the author is that good.

. . . Peace OUT!

** Better review to come ................................ maybe! **
Carla ☺Did I Say That☺
***Review to Come***
Lo Bookfrantic
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-review-ng
Okay, so I don't know how I feel yet. Perhaps I feel nothing right now Or too much?!.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This was a complete mind fuck, a rollercoaster ride. Felt so much and yet It left me so sad and empty but wanting more if that's even possible.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The author makes you fall in love with Mia and Ollie, oh they are just absolutely perfect together. I LOVED them so much!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

But then Robert a vampire gets obsessed with Mia and fucking ruins everything, I hate him . Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I was a mess by 52% so much happened but k
San
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's not the kind of book that I would usually read. But I read it on good authority and wasn't disappointed. The story is dark, grim, romantic and beautiful all at the same time. The characters are bold, strong and memorable. I'd highly recommend you read this book, as it's one of the best books I've read in a while and believe you won't be disappointed. So what are you waiting for. Go have a read!!! ...more
Claire Riley
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Limerence is the first in a series of books. It is based around Mia Lawrence the lead female character. It is a dark paranormal romance with a twist. It fringes on psychological horror and is also 17+ due to how hot it can get!
'Q' aka CoCo
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh Ollie...

I refuse to ruin this with spoilers so I will just say that I loved Ollie in this book. He was everything a hero should be and the sex scenes between him and Mia were so hot, they literally scorched their clothes. Mr. B... what can I say? For such a badass, he whines an awful lot but did make a great, although sometimes annoying, villain. The ending made me both happy and sad... and desperate for book 2.
Ken Mooney
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's sort of difficult to talk about vampires these days without mentioning Twilight...so let's just get that out of the way straight away.

This. Isn't. Twilight. And that's a really, really good thing.

At first glance, Riley's novel is an "erotically charged" novel that just happens to have vampires; but even saying "erotically charged" feels wrong (and sort of dirty...but in the good way.) That changes once the first dead body appears on the page (and don't worry; you don't have to wait too lon
Sandy S
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW: LIMERENCE is the first storyline in Claire C Riley’s new Limerence series written in a combination of genres-paranormal, urban fantasy, thriller and suspense. The storyline follows the obsession of a powerful vampire and his need to make the beautiful human female his own. But what ensues is a twisted tale of wants versus needs; love versus hate; obsession versus death. The storyline is dark, dangerous and a little disturbing as Robert Breckt stalks, compels, mystifies and eventually des ...more
ACG
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
1.5 stars.

Spoiler alert!

......................

I don't really know where to begin with this book; I'm at a loss for words in the worst possible way. Seriously, what did I just read? I bought this book because of all of the rave reviews; it seemed legit... Finally! Another vampire novel to "sink my teeth into." NO. No no no no no. I had to force myself to finish this book... It's plagued with pages upon pages of internal and external dialogue between characters that lacked any true depth... I had
Serena Louise
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book written by a brilliant author. The story is captivating and exciting, you'll be laughing and you'll be crying. Full stars and a high recommendation. Can't say any more, a must read! x ...more
Adrienne
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
You know what? This was a really good book! Am I surprised? Yea, I kinda am. I'll be honest here cause well that's what I'm supposed to do right? I 'usually' don't read vampire books. I'm not a Twilight fan. I don't get excited by fangs, blood, and sexy sparkly vampires. But if I'm being honest, I've read all the BDB books. So now when I do read a vampire book, I can't help but measure them up to that series. Not fair right? Well life's not fair.....just sayin.....

EDIT - So did it live up? Heck
DanniElla
Ugh. I started skimming at 42%.
I don't even know what to say about this book.

It starts sort of okay even though it reads a lot like fun fiction; kind of FSoG, Twilight, Dracula (and I don't know... maybe Jupiter Ascending, lol) crossover. I loved the mystery at the beginning, but that went down the drain very early in the story.

As for the rest... well it sucked.

Weak heroine whom constantly calls herself an idiot, her puppy-eyes boyfriend, wannabe bad vampire that's actually a cry-baby, annoying
Maribel Zamora
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've just finished and maybe I should wait and write a review since my emotions are all over the place but I can't, I need to get it all out of me now!
Right off, I loved Ollie-who wouldn't? "I love you so much, Mia.I just wanted to protect you, that's all I ever wanted.All I ever tried to do." Oliver meant well, thought he was doing the right thing, but his first mistake was to think you could trust a vampire.
Mia, I thought she was okay at first, nothing special maybe even a little weak but th
Emma
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book had me wanting more all the way through, the characters in the book are amazing and also make you feel like you have a connection to them in some way, great read and can't wait for a sequel! ...more
Shauna Brookman
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book - it didn't follow what I thought was the normal vampire type story. The writing was very evocative and I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next!!! :) ...more
Ivan Amberlake
LIMERENCE by Claire C. Riley is an extremely enjoyable and well-written paranormal romance. It was a very quick read for me, because the book flowed smoothly and the plot line kept me engrossed throughout.

The arrival of a mysterious Mr Breckt to the Island ruins Mia and Oliver’s chances for a happy future. Even though Mia knows she loves Oliver, she can’t help falling for the charming and irresistible Mr Breckt. But the appearance of this stranger is followed by a few people disappearing, and M
Alexis
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Limerence by- Claire C. Riley

Review written by- Alexis O’shell

5 out of 5 stars

I loved this book, it was so very good. Perfect Vampire book, lots of suspense, happiness, sadness and strength! The beginning was a tiny bit repetitive but that did not at all make or break this book. I saw beyond that right away.

The love between Oliver and Mia was amazing, sweet, special and well unbreakable. Mia was a strong female lead and didn’t have any little quirks I disliked! Oliver was just… Swoon worthy.
Toni FGMAMTC
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story, although contemporary, has an old feel to it. The vampires aren't as romanticized. There is an undeniable attraction between the female lead and the main vampire antagonist, but they do not have the same goal in mind. Really neither are in their right minds, hence the title. Everything that happens cannot be glossed over. He doesn't have pure intentions, and when his façade slips, she can see the monster underneath.

At times I found myself wanting to be on Mr. Breckt's side, much like
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
FREE
FREE: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

Interesting vampire story of love and blood.
Melanie's
May 28, 2013 rated it liked it
*This Book Was Given To Me For An Honest Review*

Let me start off by saying that the title is perfect for this book. Limerence (the involuntary state of mind which results from a romantic / sexual attraction to another person combined with an overwhelming, obsessive need to have one's feelings reciprocated) totally describes Mr Breckt's feelings for Mia far better than any other word I can think of.

Sadly for me that was where the perfection ended. The story tracks Mia's crazy journey with the "my
Crystal
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book had me feeling so many emotions at one time. I got to read a book that was full of romance, paranormal, suspense, thriller, and it was just jammed packed full of action.

Mia and Oliver have a love that everyone wants. Everything seems to be going good for them until Robert comes in the picture. Robert is obsessed and wants Mia for himself. She makes him feel things that he never felt before.

The story starts out one way and turns so suddenly. You just never know who to trust and what wi
Dawn Liddle
Jun 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
First off i would like to say i love all things vampires so to say i actually hated the vampire is this story is saying something :O ... This however shows how great the authors style of writing is to create characters that bring out theses emotions is great. I was routing for the good guy all the way through :)

The story is about Mia and Oliver they are a normal couple in love until Ollie starts working for the new guy ( cue evil vampire)Mr Breckt... He comes into their lives turning them upside
Eli Constant
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm still finishing Limerence, but I've unfortunately read a few other reviews that contained spoilers so I know what I'm in for as I continue reading through the final chapters. Below, I have tried to craft a review that is both vague and informative (as oxymoronic as that seems). These are my impressions of Limerence by Claire Riley.

Limerence is not without flaws, but those flaws have contributed rather than detracted from the emotional investment this reader feels. I'm not focusing on gramma
Karen Perkins
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Mia's fiancé, Oliver, is a landscape gardener who has been hired by the absent new owner to redesign the gardens of the Mansion – the only residence on the Island. Robert Breckt proves to be handsome and charismatic, able to charm strangers into getting into his car – and straight into danger. It is clear that there is much more to Robert Breckt than meets the eye, and he has Mia in his sights.

The three protagonists meet as Oliver describes his new plans for the new garden to Mia. Neither of the
Lynn Reynolds
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating 4 1/2 stars

This book starts off with a great dedication. Make sure that you don't miss it - you may even see your name. It's also written in the first person. Each chapter is named for the character that speaks to us.

Mia Lawrence and Oliver need to get to work but that doesn't that stop them from loving each other. What a great way to start off a book. Rachel is Mia's flat mate. There's a new man in town and his name is Robert Breckt. He's a man that knows how to use his "assets". I'm loo
Lauren
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First, this book is seriously one of the best horror/suspense novels I have read. Second, I loved that there was still splashes of romance, but it wasn't overbearing and irritating, taking away from the actual plot. Bravo! I absolutely loved it!

Limerence, full of twists and turns, kept me guessing. I couldn't figure out what was going on until it was revealed in the story, which is quite a feat. I have a knack for guessing what the big plot twist will be, whether it is a book or a movie. And wh
Tanya Santiago
Apr 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a very interesting story line and I felt that overall, this book was really good. I am not used to reading dark thrillers but this one did not disappoint. Mia and Oliver are very much in love which is very sweet. Oliver is a landscaper and is working on the “island” for the new owner who just purchased the property. The book takes a turn when Mr. Breckt, the owner sees Mia and decides that he wants her. VERY MUCH. Although Mia is drawn to Mr. Breckt but it is not of her own will. He is ...more
Paranormal Books R Us
Mia had it all a wonderful family, great best friend, and the love of Oliver the most amazing finance a girl could ask for. So when the mysterious Mr. Brecket moves to town she can't understand the strange feelings that overcome her when he's near. She knows she loves Oliver with all her heart but can't keep from thinking about Mr. Brecket constantly. Little does Mia know Robert Brecket is more than he appears and will do whatever it takes to make her his no matter what the cost.
The first half
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Paranormal and Ho...: ** Dark paranormal romance 18+ ** 5 21 May 03, 2014 03:35AM
Free Romance Book...: FREE dark paranormal romance 1 36 Jun 08, 2013 06:04AM
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R {151} Limerence COMPLETED 32 233 May 17, 2013 12:41PM
Modern Good Reads: Dark paranormal 18 69 May 16, 2013 01:33PM

• Prince of Midnight (Dracula’s Bloodline #1)
  • Alien Captain's Prisoner (Captive Mates, #2)
  • Lukas: A Triple Threat Novel
  • Good As Dead (Dying To Meet You #1)
  • Escaping Wonderland
  • Trial for the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #2)
  • Promised to the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows, #1)
  • Her Vampire Master (Midnight Doms #2)
  • As Twilight Falls (Morgan Creek, #1)
  • In the Darkness (Zoe Bentley Mystery, #2)
  • The Trade (Vampire Kingdom #1)
  • Guardian (Galactic Gladiators, #9)
  • Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)
  • The Peer and the Puppet (When Rivals Play, #1)
  • Moxie (Rock-Hard Beautiful, #3)
  • On a Witch and a Spell (Blackwood Bay Witches, #0.5)
  • Haunted And Hexed (Blackwood Bay Witches #1)
  • Taken Captive (Owned and Shared #4)
Claire C. Riley is a USA Today and International bestselling author with over twenty novels of various genres to her credit, available in kindle unlimited and audiobook.

She’s a genre-jumping book nerd who likes to write about psycho stalkers, alpha males, anti-heroes, and the end of the bloody world! She lives in the United Kingdom with her husband, three daughters, and ridiculously naughty rescue

Limerence (2 books)
  • Limerence II (Limerence #2)

News & Interviews