Start by marking “Blottet for dig (Crossfire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blottet for dig (Crossfire, #1)

Blottet for dig

(Crossfire #1)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  428,576 ratings  ·  17,623 reviews
Gideon Cross kom ind i mit liv lige så pludseligt og uventet som et lyn i mørket.

Han var uimodståelig - smuk og intelligent. Jeg var tiltrukket af ham, som jeg aldrig før har været tiltrukket af noget eller nogen i hele mit liv. Jeg længtes efter hans nærvær og berøring, selvom jeg var klar over, at det ikke ville føre til noget godt. Jeg var ufuldkommen og øde
Published October 19th 2012 by Politiken (first published April 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Blottet for dig, please sign up.
Cassandra This book is sooooo much better than fifty shades of grey in so many ways i was not a fan of the other and loved this i was hesitant to like it and it…moreThis book is sooooo much better than fifty shades of grey in so many ways i was not a fan of the other and loved this i was hesitant to like it and it really captured me. I honestly can't see how it didn't get the same fame(less)

·  428,576 ratings  ·  17,623 reviews

Katrina Passick Lumsden
Possible spoilers and definitely NSFW (unless your workplace is made of awesome).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Oh, my god, you guys, this book! Oh, my god...

I went into this thinking it was going to be completely and totally lame. Another Fifty Shades of Moronic Writing. Another horrifying testament to the standards which modern writers are apparently held. And do you know what? It WAS. Buuuut....for the most part, I had a good time. How? By laughing uncontrollably at nearly every sex scene (and believe me, there are many).

There isn't much of a plot, b
♡Karlyn P♡

4.5!! WAAAAY better than that Fifty Shades of Grey. I do get the comparison, but truly this is a MUCH better read. Simply put, this book had the polish that FSoG grossly lacked. (I read FSoG just before I read this one. Sadly, I found it disturbing and only gave it a 1-star review.)

The major similarities:
--hero is a young (late 20's), gorgeous, brilliant zillionaire business mogul who sports non-stop erections and has sex on the brain 24/7
--hero has a controlling and obsessive desire for the heroine, includin/>The
Aestas Book Blog
Apr 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes HOTT love stories about FUNCTIONAL couples :)

6 +++ stars!!!!

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! HOLY. FREAKING. GOD. THIS. BOOK. IS. BEYOND. AMAZING.

This book was absolute perfection for me!! It had me swooning, drooling and panting over Gideon Cross and had me reading for the better part of it with the world's biggest grin on my face. It was the perfect blend of heart warming, HOTNESS , and seriously tortured Alpha hero (and heroine).

The story is told from the perspective of Eva Hammel, a 24 year old girl who comes from money but wants to make it on her own in
Jill

Having read and enjoyed a number of Sylvia Day’s historicals I decided to try this contemporary by her. I picked this book up at NetGalley based on the blurb. The book sounded interesting (despite the blurb's faint purple prose), it was categorised as romance and I’ve been on the lookout for more contemporary romances.

For my enjoyment of contemporary romantic fiction, there has to be at least some believability to the plot, some credibility to the characterisations. The more so for
Dd
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Warning-Contains minor spoilers!!May hinder your reading experience!!

My very Honest review--
(fans of this book please bear with me.)

The story is written from the perspective of Eva Tramell.Because of her new job she has just moved to Manhattan from San Diego.The first time she meets with Gideon Cross,sparks fly.The tension between them is palpable and their chemistry is nearly explosive.

I really liked the first few chapters,which shows them skirting around each other.It was quite good.
(So,why the 2 stars?)

Gideon says that he wants to fuck/>(So,whyCross,sparks/>(fans/>My
Remittance Girl
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers who don't require much realism in their erotic fiction.
I decided to read Bared To You because it was sold as a well-written version of Fifty Shades of Grey. To give credit where credit is due, Sylvia Day is not E.L. James. Her grammar is good, she varies her sentence structures and, although her propensity for purple prose is at times off-putting, she's a competent wordsmith. That being said, I would not want to imply there was anything remotely literary about this book. There isn't. Which is a shame, because someone should start writing literary erotica aga ...more
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister

Fell short of my expectations.

I really wanted to like this book. The first few chapters held promise for me. I felt as though it was well written and had good dialogue. There are terrific reviews, and I picked it up after just having finished FSOG. I assumed it would be everything I was searching for in my next read but, for me, it fell short. My biggest issues were being unable to connect with Gideon at all, and I didn't find that the characters ever came alive. I never felt that the book explained what made
Karla
5 Big Stars!
This is a sophisticated, provocative, titillating, highly erotic, sexually driven read and is extremely well done. The title fits the book in more ways than one. It not only applies to the sexual nature of the book, but how Eva and Gideon give of themselves to one each other in body, mind, heart and soul. Eva is a smart, self-assured woman who finds herself drawn to the charismatic, enigmatic Gideon. Their relationship is initially based solely on sex, but their connection is so po
Wendy
Mar 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Wendy by: Umar
Shelves: erotica, kindle
Hot, passionate and totally addictive read.

The chemistry between Eva and Gideon, explodes on the page. They are made for each other. They're not perfect, as they have their own issues to deal with. But as they work themselves through it, you'll be taken on an emotional ride like no other. Wow, what a ride!

Gideon
gorgeous-3

If you want a great story with a lot of heat, you can't go wrong w
Jessica Edwards
What to say? Hm....

Bared to you centers around Eva Tramell, a twenty four year old woman who is a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. Eva finds it extremely hard at times to overcome this past, but she is drawn to young, billionaire Gideon Cross as soon as she meets him. It is later revealed in the book that Gideon is also a childhood sexual abuse survivor. The two must find a way to heal each other in order to move on from their pasts and establish a healthy romantic relationship. ...more
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

I’m just going to start by saying that this was a tough book to get through, and a couple of times it almost landed on my DNF shelf. Had I not read it right on the heels of the Fifty Shades trilogy, I might have enjoyed it more, and one look at the ratings and you’ll know that I’m in the minority when it comes to how I feel about this story. Oh well, it is what it is, right? Here are my thoughts about Bared to You.

Oh, before I begin, it’s important to note that I am not comparing this book to the F
Baba
In order not to step on anyone's toes or hurt anyone's feelings I won't rate Bared to You. DNF when I hit the 50 % mark. As far as I can judge, Bared to You is a sensitive topic because it's already related to Fifty. Frankly, it's not my intention to start a turmoil by writing a negative review. When I'm reviewing a book I want to be able to write about my feelings. I want to be honest, and a review should always reflect my emotions why I didn't like a book. Naturally it's the same the other way round. With t ...more
Vallsykes
Warning: slightly spoiler-ish

Okay, so I don't know how someone who was raped repeatedly (view spoiler) should act. I can't empathize the anal rape of a boy and its effect on the man. I am not an expert, but I have personal experience with abuse. The abused all come out different, r
Clumsy Storyteller
Re-read it recently and couldn't believe that this was one of my favorites 2 years ago.
KatLynne
I loved the way he kissed me, as if he had to, as if he’d go crazy if he didn’t and had nearly waited too long.

An incredibly INTENSE, Emotional, Palpable, Riviting, Erotic read that I devoured.

"I want there to be happily-ever-afters for the f*cked-up crowd. Show me the way, Eva honey. Make me believe."

Yes, please Ms. Day! I need that for this couple!

Coming October 2012 is the second installment and I can hardly wait.

Deeper in You
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo DayBaredtoyou1TitlebySueBee_zps84a38f27.jpg
 photo MogulBLGbysb_zps1a85cdaf.gif
★★★★★! Bared to you (book 1). The beginning of Gideon’s and Eva’s epic, spellbinding & addictive story with suspense, challenges, self-discovery and their intense dysfunctional love!

“There were thousands of women in New York alone who could replace me in his life, but there was only one Gideon Cross.”

Best experienced, The Crossfire series is Gideon’s and Eva’s epic love story, both broken, flawed and co-dependent and yet so determined and relentless for their elusive happily-ever after. Follow themlove!
Searock
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Review is a Warning Label and a Rave!

I was going to edit this to tone down the snark factor, but it still felt right the next day, so I am keeping it.
Otherwise edited for additional info/warnings about the storyline.

5 stars. This book was amazing~

Highly recommended for fans of Fifty as it reads like an homage to the best of that series except it is very well written.

Note to those who hate erotica, are disgusted by the Fifty series, think Fifty was a psychopath because
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
Update: As reviewed for: Read Our Lips Book Blog

Gideon and Eva
description

Bared to You was getting tons of fanfare on Goodreads. People were going crazy over it! It didn’t take long for me to understand why. I was hooked in the first chapter. Eva Tramell, a 24 year old new graduate has moved to New York City with her best friend, Cary (a bisexual man) to be closer to her mom and stepfather. She has a new job in the Crossfire Building at an advertising agency. The day before she starts her new job, she stops by the offi
Tammy Walton Grant
As anyone who has seen my updates on this will know, I've been having a REALLY BIG PROBLEM with this book. I should have known better; I tried to read this months ago and almost threw my kindle across the room (where, oh where is my "wallbanger by proxy" paperback when I need it?!). To be kind, let me just say the "similarities" to FSOG were just too much for me.

Well, since then, even more FSOG rip-offs sorry, homages have been released, and I've made the mistake of reading those too. I've got so m
Katie(babs)
Mar 18, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf-award
DNFed half way through. When the hero takes the heroine to his love shack hotel room filled with love toys where he's had many women in the past, I decided this book wasn't for me. There's no emotional connection between the hero and heroine, just sex and more sex.

Also the writing seems disjointed and stilted at times. Had a hard time following.

Seems way too much like Fifty Shades and makes me think the author jumped on the Fifty Shades bandwagon.
Bibi
Jul 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one.
Shelves: dnf
There are a handful of authors that can get a 5 part series commitment from me (here's looking at you Leigh Bardugo;Brandon Sanderson; S. T. Abby), sadly, Sylvia Day is not one of them. Ergo, I'm DNFing this baby.

Gideon and Eva are the epitome of everything I dislike about rich angsty book characters. Shallow and immature with no redeeming factors.

Aaaannd, I'm out
Diana
UPDATE II. I'm deducting the star I added for the erotic encounter that I mistakenly thought was original because I've just read the scene in Fifty Shades Darker that, um, "inspired" Ms Day the copycat. Shame.

UPDATE. Now that I have read Fifty Shades of Grey I'm even more unimpressed with Sylvia Day's book. Can you say "BIG ASS COPYCAT?" Sheesh.

Touted as the 50SOG for the more discriminating romance reader, I say...Ms Day probably shouldn't believe her own PR. Eva and Gid
Prince Charming Doesn't Exist
He bored me,
And she bored me ever more :P

description
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
❝I've always seen you, angel. From the moment you found me, I’ve seen nothing but you.❞

Rating: ★ ★ ★

Bared to You was a little beyond the comfort zone of what I usually read but surprisingly I found myself actually enjoying this. I know Bared to You is closely compared to Fifty Shades of Grey, and even I was having some sort of deja vu at first because of how similar these two book were to each other. But I found that Bared to You was a whole different level better than Fifty Shades.

F
Wendy Darling
Sep 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, read-2012
This is approximately 1000 times better than That Other Book! Similar themes, but with better characters, better writing, better plotting, better sex, and minus the degradation.
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
DO NOT read this book if you...

...ARE a huge fangirl of 50 Shades and thought that book was the best thing ever. The only thing you will do is compare the two books the entire time and convince yourself (and try to convince everyone else) why 50 shades is better.

DO NOT read this book if you...

...thought 50 Shades was just NOT your type of erotica/story. This book is very similar to 50 Shades in respects to the erotica/story.

READ this book if you...
Anne OK
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
(Gideon to Eva in "Bared to You")

I liked it! I really, really liked it!!! Well done! The writing resembles a seasoned author’s work. And hurrah - hurrah, there were none of those repetitive and gagging “inner goddess” phrases appearing on every other page! And the lead characters presented a mature and knowledgeable persona. Between “Fifty Shades” and this one, I would choose this one without a
Alex is The Romance Fox
3,5 stars

Bared to You is the first book in the Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day.
 photo 03a8722fc762d7c18b48304c2a67ea44_zpszxpfz09g.jpg

Inky black hair framed a breathtaking face His bone structure would make a sculptor weep with joy, while a finely etched mouth, a blade of a nose and intensely blue eyes made him savagely gorgeous.
"Are you alright?"
His voice was cultured and smooth, with a rasp that made my stomach flutter. It brought sex to mind. Extraordinary sex. I thought for a moment he might make me orgasm just by talking long enough.

photo Eva_zpscit8cyvh.jpg

"Are you sleeping with anyone?"
The question was asked so casua
Day.
The BookChick
I loved this story. For the Fifty and Beautiful Disaster lovers out there, you will love this book because it has a very similar feel and flow to it. A hopelessly flawed hero, Gideon, and heroine, Eva, enter into a relationship eclipsed by false starts, petty jealousies, misunderstandings, and bruised trust. The story was beautifully written from Eva's POV but the angst of both characters and their associates was palpable throughout the entire book.

In Bared to You, Eva's (view spoiler) ...more
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Another series that has been sitting lost on my kindle.**insert the face palm here**
I'm very late to the Gideon Cross party and I'm pissed someone didn't invite me sooner. I'm literally probably the last one that hasn't read this series so I'm keeping this short.

If you haven't been invited to read this, here is your invite.
 photo B64F8B92-C20C-485B-84F3-628578FCFAF1_zpsjijmtjvk.gif

I fell in love again today, with a goddamn man that drives me crazy, makes me shake my kindle, makes me squirm in my chair, and has me talking to myself while sitting in a corner r
Help! What’s the title of this book 2 14 Feb 20, 2019 03:31PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Bared to You (Crossfire #1) By Sylvia Day - Restarting January 10th 2019 23 127 Jan 25, 2019 06:34AM
Heroes who are alpha but weak with their women 43 987 Aug 06, 2018 07:42PM
can anyone help me find this book? im dESPERATE 4 87 Apr 24, 2018 06:37AM
What to read next? 14 402 Apr 02, 2018 09:09PM
Around the Year i...: Bared to You, by Sylvia Day 3 64 Oct 22, 2017 10:00PM

• Mile High (Up in the Air, #2)
  • Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno, #2)
  • Rock Hard (Sinners on Tour, #2)
  • Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)
  • Heavy Issues (Bowen Boys, #2)
  • The Reluctant Dom (Suncoast Society, #4)
  • Because I Need To (Because You Are Mine, #1.7)
  • The Berkeley Method (Spotlight, #2)
  • Naked (The Blackstone Affair, #1)
  • My Liege of Dark Haven (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #5)
  • Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2)
  • Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1)
  • Belong to Me (Wicked Lovers #5)
  • Anything He Wants 1: The Meeting (Dominated by the Billionaire, #1)
  • Reckless (Thoughtless, #3)
  • The Prince (The Original Sinners, #3)
Sylvia Day is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, #1 Sunday Times, #1 Globe and Mail, #1 Der Spiegel, and #1 international bestselling author of over twenty award-winning novels sold in more than forty countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in twenty-eight countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Visit the author at www.sylviaday.com

Crossfire (5 books)
  • Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)
  • Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)
  • Captivated by You (Crossfire, #4)
  • One with You (Crossfire, #5)
“I’ve always seen you, angel. From the moment you found me, I’ve seen nothing but you.” 1115 likes
“Are you sleeping with anyone?”

The question was asked so casually it took a second to process what he’d said.

I inhaled sharply. “Why is that any business of yours?”

He looked at me and I saw what I’d seen the first time we’d met—tremendous power and steely control. Both of which had me taking an involuntary step back. Again. At least I didn’t fall this time; I was making progress.

“Because I want to fuck you, Eva. I need to know what’s standing in my way, if anything.”
446 likes