Start by marking “Lee” as Want to Read:
Lee

Lee

Lee Marvin: one of the most coolly charismatic and extraordinary screen tough guys ever. Armed with a magnetic personality, a wild temper and major acting talent, he went from playing but parts to starring in classics such as Cat Ballou, The Dirty Dozen and Point Blank, and winning an Academy Award.

Crime Factory celebrates Marvin's life by making him the star of his own fi
Published March 3rd 2013 by Crime Factory

To ask other readers questions about Lee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lee

Start your review of Lee
Toby
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lee by Crime Factory Publishing
(featuring stories by Scott Phillips, Heath Lowrance, Johnny Shaw, Jenna Bass, Adrian McKinty, Jake Hinkson, Ray Banks, James Hopwood, Erik Lundy, Eric Beetner, Luke Preston, Nigel Bird, Ryan K. Lindsay, Andrew Nette, Cameron Ashley and Jimmy Callaway)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"I bet you're a big Lee Marvin fan aren't you? Yeah, me too; I love that guy." - Mr Blonde to Mr White in Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs.

I was watching Reservoir Dogs the other night and the
Krycek
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Krycek by: Toby
Shelves: tough-guys
I miss the Tough Guys. Cinema Tough Guys, I'm talking about. Guys like Robert Mitchum, Charles Bronson, Jack Palance, those kind of guys. Big, ugly guys with gnarly hands and slightly constipated expressions. I don't think we have those guys anymore. We have the Action Stars like Stallone and Schwarzenegger, and they are fine for what they do, but big muscles don't necessarily make a guy tough. Chuck Norris? You'd think, but let's face it. No real Tough Guy is going to be caught dead doing infom ...more
Randy
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I first became aware of Lee Marvin when my family got their first TV set during the run of his series M SQUAD. I was eight or nine and didn't know from movies. I likely saw him in a movie or two during that period, but they didn't stick. It was after those years when I began to be aware of the movie star Lee Marvin.

He stood out in anything he did in those years whether he was the big star of the picture or third or fourth lead.

LEE is a collection of short stories celebrating the actor all throug
Still
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: followers of the authors appearing in this anthology
Recommended to Still by: I'm a Lee Marvin fan
Son of a Bitch!

I had a hell of a good time reading this.
So many great writers - so many terrific stories set at various points in the legendary actor Lee Marvin's career.
Some are better than others.
Others are some of the best written stories any genre has to offer.

I enjoyed Andrew Nette's "1968: Gone Fishing" - brilliant stuff.
Earlier I read a terrific Eric Beetner story, "1967: The Gun Hunter" - a fable that takes place during the filming of POINT BLANK.

Typically brilliant Scott Phillips stuff
Tim Hennessy
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Thematic short story anthologies rarely have a premise as enticing as Crime Factory’s Lee. Each selection is comprised of loosely biographical fiction or out right mythmaking inspired by the life of iconic tough guy Lee Marvin. Each story takes place during a different year, and while Marvin led a colorful life, his legend greatly out weighed the biographical information available to draw from.

Some of the stand out stories include: Jake Hinkson’s “Out on the 101” where a war weary Marvin is pre
Karen
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, short-stories, usa
Loved this idea when I first heard about it - a set of fictional adventures for a real-life movie star. And one that even I've heard of!

Making a man like Lee Marvin star in these adventures obviously means that these are going to be noir stories, hard-boiled as a rock, with a dark sense of humour in some cases. Based, it seems, on events from his real life, the stories range through a varied set of scenarios, timeframes and locations, although there is a propensity for hard-drinking and dedicat
Rory Costello
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had a lot of good laughs reading this collection of Bunyanesque tall tales (some taller than others) that re-imagine the life of gravelly hard man Lee Marvin. I consider myself a film buff too, but I didn't know about a lot of the things he did in his career -- and some of the reminders were flicks I hadn't thought about forever. So that made it a fun trip too.

Another special aspect was the way authors from all around the world -- Australia, the U.S., South Africa, etc. -- were able to utilize
James Lindsay
Sep 03, 2015
James
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kent Gowran
Dec 23, 2013
Luke
Feb 19, 2015
James Lindsay
Sep 03, 2015
Ryan Lindsay
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
jennet wheatstonelllsl Proc
Jun 22, 2020
Paul
Apr 30, 2014
Ryan Lindsay
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Apr 14, 2013
Andrew Nette
Mar 09, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: crime