Start by marking “Kiss Kill Vanish” as Want to Read:
Kiss Kill Vanish

Kiss Kill Vanish

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  1,201 Ratings  ·  228 Reviews
Valentina Cruz no longer exists.

One moment, she was wrapped in Emilio’s arms, melting into his kiss. The next, she was witnessing the unthinkable: a murder in cold blood, ordered by her father and carried out by her boyfriend. When Emilio pulled the trigger, Valentina disappeared. She made a split-second decision to shed her identity and flee her life of privilege, leaving
Published October 7th 2014 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Kill Vanish, please sign up.
Terra I'm bowled over by all the exclamation points here! Hooray! I'm so glad you got it and I hope you LOVE it! What's your mailing address? I'd love to…moreI'm bowled over by all the exclamation points here! Hooray! I'm so glad you got it and I hope you LOVE it! What's your mailing address? I'd love to send you a Sad Jackal sticker! (less)

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
I realize that it’s my stupid rich-girl upbringing screwing me over, but I’d still rather buy one tray of high-grade sushi and starve for the rest of the week than eat fourteen 7-Eleven cheese dogs
Overall: not the worst book I've ever read, but it was overwhelmingly boring, with a character whose whininess and self-pity can rival the best (or worst) of Bella Swan, and a love interest that makes me want to run flying into the arms of darling Edward.

It may be surprising, but my main problems wit
Glass
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
You've all seen this pretty cover around. You have, haven't you? Well, we did and it was hard not to press that request button at Edelweiss. It might have been better if we did not. But not everything is that bad, at least we were part of an amazing read-a-long, with even more amazing Emma and Rashika. The have already posted their reviews and you can find them here:
Rashika's review at The Social Potato and
Emma's review at Never Judge a Book by Its Cover.
And now, it's time for us to answer those
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Kiss Kill Vanish was a total bust right from the beginning. Honestly, I don’t know how I even made it to the end, but I did and I have a lot of criticisms.

1. The beginning is boring as hell. The stuff they write on cereal boxes are more interesting than what this book had to offer me. I’m told in the synopsis that Valentina Cruz no longer exists and that she just witnessed her father and boyfriend commit a murder. THAT SOUNDED EXCITING. And I was expecting so
Rashika (is tired)
***This review has also been posted on The Social Potato

Kiss Kill Vanish while fun, is actually a pretty weak novel overall. It’s entertaining and in spite of its length, a pretty quick read, yet it lacks a lot of things to make it more. More than just a fun quick read. It lacks good characterization and a strong believable plot.

The sad thing is that all of us who had buddy read this (Glass, Tanja and Emma) were majorly disappointed. We all had high expectations and while all of us gave it 3 sta
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Review also posted at Young Adult Hollywood.

After seeing all of the subpar ratings on goodreads, I thought this book wasn’t for me but it landed on my doorstep a couple of weeks ago and I decided I should give it a try. On a normal day, I do appreciate a good mystery novel. It turns out, Kiss Kill Vanish is right up my alley.

The plot is well crafted and intelligent. I was caught off guard by how emotionally invested I was with this story. I was hooked from the very start and like I always say if
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Tanja (Tanychy) by: Buddy-reading with Glass, Rashika and Emma :)
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Rashika's review at The Social Potato and
Emma's review at Never Judge a Book by Its Cover.
And
Juhina
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think this is more a 4.5/5 stars. Closer to a 4 than a 5, hence the 4 star rating

STILL! This book was SO GOOD! I couldn't peel myself away from it once I reached the halfway mark. I love love loved the romance. Jessica Martinez finally chose the guy I would usually root for but never got the girl. Such a good book. Review to come!

_____________
Full review:

I must admit. I have had friends who read Kiss Kill Vanish and weren't impressed. I try not to let other people's opinions affect me in rega
Jo
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great read! This book had everything it needed to make it a compelling and intriguing read. The characters were multi-layered and just when you thought they would act one way, they would throw you a curve ball. I was not a big fan of the romance between a 24 year old and a 17 year old especially when certain information was revealed at the end. Emilio should know better. At first I hated Marcel. Martinez did a great job of slowly revealing his inner layers and making you love his character in th ...more
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
It’s no secret that Jessica Martinez’s debut novel, Virtuosity is one of my all-time favorite books. Carmen and Jeremy King had an amazing chemistry and they worked together so well. It’s been years, but I still remember their love so vividly. Then came Jessica’s sophomore novel, The Space Between Us. It too was memorable, but for entirely different reasons. I can still taste the disappointment, the feeling of being let down by an author I trusted. I didn’t even bother with The Vow, choosing to ...more
Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)
An Electronic Advanced Reader Copy was provided by the publisher via Edelweiss for review. Quotes have been pulled from an ARC and may be subject to change.

In an almost thriller-like fashion, Kiss, Kill, Vanish should be about a girl on the run, hiding her identity and hopping from city to city. But it’s not. There is no action, pacing is achingly slow and you only have a glimpse of a developed character.

Valentina doesn’t grow up at all and doesn’t even change her ways. She is purely tending to
AH
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kiss Kill Vanish was one of those books that was virtually impossible to put down. I was fascinated by Jane's story, how she ran away from a life of luxury in Miami to live in almost abject poverty in Montreal. In fact, Montreal makes a fantastic backdrop to the story - it's close enough to the US, but has that nice touch of a place where they speak a foreign language.

Jane is a muse to Lucien, a rich boy who dabbles in art. He pays Jane very well to model for him. The modeling is mostly boring
Lilysbookblog

*sigh* I really wanted to love this one but it just wasn't meant for me.
Kaitlin
May 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Kiss Kill Vanish was a surprise. When I first discovered it, it looked so good! However, after reviews started coming in and the book had been on my Kindle for awhile, I kinda lost interest. I'm glad to say that when I finally got to reading it, I got REALLY into the story. I really liked reading the book! Intrigue and the mystery and the drama and scandal--it was all so great!

The romance was the thing that kept me reading. I was a
Denise Jaden
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough good things about this book. It is one of my favorite books I've read this year. It's a thriller that sneaks up on you in such a wonderfully unique setting. Some great books you want to race through to find out what happens. With others, you want to savor each page. This was a combination of both. Highly recommended.
Abbie
I genuinely felt excitement when I started this book but as the story progressed I quickly lost interest. It was boring, there's no other way to say it. So many unnecessary events ughhh... And V had a flat personality. She made me want to pull my hair out.

The romance? Predictable. I'm sorry but this book disappointed me.
Dayla
Review first appeared on my blog: Book Addict 24-7

I received a copy via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review

Kiss Kill Vanish is the first novel I've read by Jessica Martinez and while I was excited to finally read something by this author (and come on, that cover incites excitement, right?), I was left a bit...wanting. Though the genre description (mainly on Goodreads) suggests that this is a thriller, there's not that much thrilling about it. There were some things that redeemed this nove
Jen Ryland
I'm a big fan of Jessica Martinez. I loved her first book, Virtuosity. I thought the Vow (about a girl wants to marry her best friend so he doesn't get deported) was a book that seemed at war with itself -- a book that couldn't decide if it was a serious issue book or a romantic comedy.

I felt a bit the same way about Kiss Kill Vanish, which at times seemed to want to be a dark thriller, but was really more of a leisurely noir-ish story of girl who learns some pretty tough truths about just abou
Kara
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Honestly, this is super disappointing. This book is actually written wonderfully. The atmosphere is excellent and the author really knows how to write imagery into her scenes. But...it's boring. There's no plot, that I can tell, and you can't write an entire story with the action only happening in flashbacks and expect readers to stay interested.

So I didn't finish this one. But I would definitely read this author again, there just needs to be a lot of tweaking on the pacing. This was too slow, e
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is an great story! From the very first chapter I was intrigued by what surrounded Valentina yet she didn’t know.

Plot: This is about a girl who finds out her father is not who he says he is. She runs away only to discover more secrets. One thing that really pulled me into this plot was Valentina herself. She was blissfully unaware of her fathers actions and left so thinking she was done for. The plot carries this deep power struggle of facing her past as well as what she can do for her futur
Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)
Kiss Kill Vanish was one of my most anticipated books of the year, a standalone contemporary about a seventeen year old girl Valentina who witnesses her boyfriend Emilio murdering a man on the orders of her Father.

Running away and changing her name, she escapes to Montreal where she makes the acquaintance of Lucien and his brother Marcel, I really enjoyed the banter between Valentina and Marcel, I found myself laughing out loud quite a lot.

I can't write too much about the plot, you need to exper
Gisbelle
description
My thanks to Katherine Tegen Books & Edelweiss

Point of View: Single (Valentina Cruz, aka Jane)
Writing: First Person | Present Tense
Setting: Montreal, Canada/Miami, Florida
Genre: Young Adult | Contemporary/Mystery

This is probably one of the most boring books I have read recently. I didn't have much problem with the storyline, which by the way wasn't as good as I expected, but the pace and the wording were mind-numbing.

I completely didn't feel anything connection with the main character. Wh
Stacee
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
I struggled with this a bit. The premise was interesting, but I couldn't get interested in the characters.

Valentina wasn't the best MC. I understand she's got a lot of shit going on, but her inner monologue was a bit too whiny and waaaaay to hung up on Emilio. Marcel was the best character and really my reason for continuing to read.

There were some great twists and a really satisfying ending. I can see how this book will be popular, I just had a hard time with the very teenage voice of the MC
Mauoijenn ~ *Mouthy Jenn* ~
I was so disappointed.
Look at the lovely cover.
How could a cover let me down like this?
Not good.
Kathy
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Liked it way more than I thought I would...

Review to come.

Content: not really anything - there is a lot implied but nothing actually on the pages
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
First of all, OMG this cover is gorgeous! I'm so in love with the pretty and vibrant splash of colors set against the black. The cover and summary of this book, made this one of my most anticipated reads of 2014. I love books about killers and being 'on-the run' and danger and romance and all that good (fictional) stuff. The weird thing about this book, is that all that awesome stuff that it talks about in the summary, doesn't actually happen in the book. I assumed that we would get to see Valen ...more
Molly
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Huge thank you to the publisher for letting me read an advanced copy of this. I'm writing this honest review to say thank you!

Wow wow WOW! This was good. One of my top books for the YEAR! And as with all books that I LOVE I cannot even put into words why I loved it. The writing was so good, so sexy. I loved the tone and the setting and just everything. The characters were all passionate and flawed, emotional. Valentina was amazing. I loved her strength, her weaknesses. I loved how deeply she lov
Dahlia
An honest-to-goodness YA Suspense novel the likes of which I really can't recall having read before. I loved the writing here, and all the ways it twisted and turned until I stopped even bothering to guess what was happening; it was way more fun to let Martinez take me along for the ride. It's not as fast-paced a read as you might expect, given the subject matter, but it's an enjoyable and well-crafted one and I highly recommend it.
Keanna (KeyReadThat)
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
Rating: 3.8

The Why: The secrets that bind families together and the things we wish we never knew.

The was this was written it lft you always asking what am I missing? But as the story progressed you soon saw the pieces drop into place.
Trisha
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
"Pick your king, Valentina."

This was an interesting premise and, at first, I was rolling along with the story. Valentina ran from her father and boyfriend, leaving money and status behind. She's living in squalor in a foreign country as she tries to wrap her mind around what she's learned.

She was saved from actual hunger and homelessness by a strange boy named Lucien - who says she is his muse and he must paint her. He spends day after day paying her extraordinary amounts of money for her to jus
Jamie
Nov 03, 2017 added it
First of all, I love how the cover of the book "Kiss Kill Vanish" is designed. Kiss Kill Vanish by Jessica Martinez was one of the most amusing and instense book I have ever read. I love how this book was a romance/murder type which brought more interest as I got more deeper to the book. This book was one of the most anticipated book I have ever read. The author shows how love could be hard to trust.
Crazy for Young A...: Kiss Kill Vanish by Jessica Martinez → Start Date: October 19th, 2017 14 13 Nov 05, 2017 07:15PM
Kiss,Kill,Vanish 1 1 Feb 24, 2017 08:30PM
  • Remember Me (Find Me, #2)
  • Blackbird (Blackbird, #1)
  • Vivian Divine Is Dead
  • Wicked Games (Wicked Games, #1)
  • Feral
  • The Dolls (The Dolls, #1)
  • Don't Touch
  • Wild
  • Even in Paradise
  • Kiss of Broken Glass
  • Get Even (Don't Get Mad, #1)
  • Beware the Wild (Beware the Wild, #1)
  • Oblivion
  • Damaged
  • Of Scars and Stardust
  • On the Edge
  • The Invisible (Brokenhearted, #2)
  • Forbidden (Forbidden, #1)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I wait. I don't know how long it will take his reproductive organs to decide life is worth living again, but I'm stuck here until they do.” 2 likes
“We watch the chef slice eel and octopus, delicate operations of dismemberment and amputation. For some reason it makes me think of poetry.” 0 likes