Start by marking “Dark Desire (Touched By You, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Desire (Touched By You, #1)

Dark Desire

(Touched By You #1)

Natalie Baker, a girl from rural America, has an unforgettable sexual encounter with billionaire, Tanner Clarke. The passion between them ignites a flame that can’t be put out. She discovers her dark desire – her life will never be the same.

“There was something in his face. She couldn't think the thought she grasped for. His skin was pale, and she got the impression he wa
Kindle Edition, 1 edition , 108 pages
Published February 6th 2013 by Emily Jane Trent

To ask other readers questions about Dark Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Desire

Start your review of Dark Desire (Touched By You, #1)
destini
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

I rarely read novellas, liking a book to have time to develop without being rushed, but I was surprised with how much I enjoyed this one. I definitely see potential for this series.

Tanner is at concert, the only place that he can let go and find escape. That's where he sees Natalie.
He's had many women, more than he can count, but nothing has made him want to lose control like Natalie has. And he wants her. Whether she's ready for him or not.

There was good character development for Natalie. I r
Anastasia シ
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
**A copy was provided by the author**

4.5 Stars
Natalie skips her prom and goes to a concert with her friends instead
where she meets Tanner. After a sensual exchange, Tanner disappears. This left her heartbroken, and she cannot move past what they shared, she continues to relive their brief encounter.

Years later Natalie when she begins to live her dream of attending the New York Fashion Institute, she and Tanner cross paths once more and not by accident.

Dark Desire is the 1st novella in the Touc
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

Dark Desire (about 125 pgs.) is book one of eight in the serial short, Touched By You series, an Erotic Romance written by Emily Jane Trent. I read this as a R2R with Fifty Shades Support Group. As always, a special thank you to the mods and author for allowing me to participate.

2 Disheartening Stars!
Fantastic Beginning But Left Me Bewildered!

The Review:
I was a bit disappointed with this read. The writing was well done and flowed beautifull
Louise
Jul 06, 2013 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review, so I am going to be brutally honest. There were parts of this book that I had issues with, such as the ever changing person to person perspective. One minute we are reading it from Natalie's POV, then Tanners and then on occasion Cheryl's, its just confusing, especially when these changes occur randomly throughout the chapter. I also couldn't relate to Natalie's character for about 75% of this book. I found her to b ...more
Jacqueline
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: author-arcs
I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest opinion.
I enjoyed reading this short story, I liked the writing style, the pace was good and it was very erotic. The problem for me was the lack of originality in the plot. I was very uncomfortable with the similarities with Fifty Shades -
Billionaire control freak, obsessed with her safety, 22 yr old virgin, (plus he's angry when he discovers she's a virgin), she's clumsy but only around him, he's into bdsm, he likes t
Vee girl
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
**i received this ARC book in exchange for my honest review**

I normally do not like Novellas , but this was an exception to my rule. I enjoyed it, Natalie was sweet, endearing yet feisty and I am a sucker for a small town girl trying to dream/ be BIG! The first chapter grabbed me and kept me wanting to read! Great start and introduction to where this story is headed!
Tanner is the typical Alpha Male with a hidden heart but as " we" girls all love , a damaged one as well. What's not to love and de
Nicole
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Natalie has a night she'll never forget when she skips her prom and goes to a concert instead. But instead of it ending good, it ended with her in tears.

Years later Natalie finds herself in New York going to the school of her dreams and suddenly faced with the man who gave her the time of her life but also betrayed her. Not only that but she finds out that he can potentially end her not even begun career.

This is a good story with great character development. The story is easy to follow and entic
Cecily Kyle
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: towers
I have had this on my E-reader FOREVER!! I am glad I finally started the series but it wasn't anything truly unique that I haven't read before. I will continue the series but I hope that it gets better after this start!
Decent read!
Sugar and Spice Book Reviews
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it

A steamy, sexy short novella. While it had some similarities to FSOG & the Crossfire series, I really did enjoy reading it.....4 Steamy Stars!

Natalie Baker decides to attend a music concert with her girlfriend instead of attending her prom. Never expecting to meet someone that makes her feel things she’s never experienced before. Tanner Clarke spots Natalie in the crowd & is drawn to her. Even though they don’t know each other, there’s undeniable attraction that pulls at them. They do have an en
Barbara Zeh
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic-romance
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I wasn’t sure what to expect, as this is the first for me. I was pleasantly surprised though, and give it 4 starts.

There is a hint of Fifty Shades, mixed with the Twilight romance of two people who shouldn’t be together, but cannot seem to stay away from each other.

Natalie Baker could easily be the “girl next door”. She decides prom night isn’t for her. Instead, she heads off to a concert with a friend where she meets Tanner. The
Paris        (kerbytejas)
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
I traditionally give 3 stars for short novellas , due to the lack of character development, and quick wrap ups of story lines, but knowing this is a serial and info will be provided as needed, I’m happy with 4 stars. This was a very enjoyable story, sweet, touching, loving, obsessive, controlling and kind.

Dark Desire introduces us to Tanner and Natalie. We glean more info about Natalie (she's young, sheltered by choice, takes care of her ailing Mother, enjoys designing clothing, and spending tim
Aika Victoria
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Dark Desires is the first installment to Emily Jane Trent's Touched By You Series. I haven't read the second book yet but I can say that I really like this book.

Emily Jane Trent captured my imagination as a reader with her talent to describe the character's mind bit by bit. With Natalie's first impression of the sexy Tanner Clarke and how their love evolves over time.

Dark, mysterious and romantic, this is what this book is all about. IF you like the 50 Shades of Grey installment then this book
Skye Burling-Briggs
Jul 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-beta-arc-rrc
***RRC provide by author in exchange for an honest review***

Tanner and Natalie have an unusual story.
A random Meeting at a concert, the night she graduated from high school, leaves the two with strong feelings for each other, even if he did break her heart, leaving her to wonder what happened, and where this man went for 4 years.

"I left before you returned, before we went any further. I'm bad for you Natalie, I was then, and I am now."

I LOVED the duel POVs, even if Tanners were only small snipp
Jennifer Seay
Jul 09, 2013 rated it liked it
*** I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review***

Overall I really enjoyed this book. I was quick and easy to read. For a novella I felt it did a good job providing some background and details which many novellas lack. I feel that with some more time and experience the author will be able to develop a more fluid writing style. At times it could be very terse and short. I could definitely see how the author used FSOG and twilight influences. There are a lot of parallels that
Che-che
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
ARR- I received this book in exchange for a review

Ok so this story starts off very HOT, a little creepy but still HOT. Older man checking out fairly younger girl and then have a brief moment in a closet then he disappears. I was hooked from page 1 and half way thru decided that I must have all the installments NOW LOL. This story does have a bit of Twilight and a bit of Fifty Shades but it has something else and I am not sure what but it has started off very very good and I can not wait for the
Tammy
Jul 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Received free for honest review---

I was able to attach to the characters quickly which is always a plus. The story unfolded well; however, i missed some of the get to know you parts that you get with a full novel. I wished there had been more from his pov than a quick paragraph switch here and there. It left me hanging and wanting to delve into their lives more so I will be reading the next book.
PJ
I made my way through this "book" which is actually Pt. 1 of an endless series and doubt I'll continue. Such mimicry of FSOG with all the sappy bits of Twilight tossed in made it painful to read.. Somehow the author has made both characters unlikeable: one a ridiculously naive and childlike maiden and the other a pensive, lust-ridden, Davey-downer. Top that off with the eye-rolling, skip-hopping POV and I'm just fork-in-it DONE. ...more
Susan
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome story! I love the way Natalie does not let Tanner's aloof manner bother her! She is delightful! Emily Jane Trent is an awesome writer and I love the beginning of this story!!! I am looking forward to the next segment!! ...more
Veronica LaRoche
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I got this book from the author in exchange for an honest reviews

OMG I could not put this book down, I loved the characters and I loved loved Tanner. I felt their connection with each other, can't wait to read the series
Wendy
Feb 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Well I only made it to the 7% mark. The writing was juvenile and amateur. The POV changed continuously, even within the same paragraph and sentence to sentence. This is nothing but really bad fan fic.
Debbie
Jul 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Dark Desire

This story, the characters, and most of the events remind me of a mixed mashed story from pretty woman and Fifty Shades of Grey. I know their story goes on And it’ll be interesting to find out if anything new happens
Stina Alvgren
I didn't like that the speeker voice changed from 1 person the girl, to the man and then to the author, sometimes after one phrase. The girl was silly. And the author retold the story several times. ...more
JOCA
Sep 03, 2019 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I wasn't engaged by the writing style. This was a DNF for me. ...more
Carmen
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great

Loved short but Goths point it has a bit of everything

Can't wait to read more loved

The strong woman
Laura Hoffman
Mar 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Nice

It was a good story line and left you wanting more. I enjoyed the thoughts of what could happen next
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
djdavis~*Sivad*Sex Pocket
This book was provided as an ARC in exchange for an honest review 3 stars

So this book was supposed to touch on domination/submission but it definitely missed the bar on it.
 photo ugh_zps7ac0916f.gif

This is the first book that I've read by this author, and while I was getting used to the writing style (which wasn't bad), I did have problems with the believably, character development, and just the overall interest.

Natalie Baker is this young girl from rural America who happens upon this major heartthrob while she’s at
Anita Powers
There are 8 books in this series. I liked all of the books in this series but there was always something in each book that was far fetched, overdone, or frustrating to the point that I felt like I wanted to yell at Natalie that is why I gave it 4 stars. This review is for all 8 books. At first I liked the premise of how Tanner was going to meet Natalie, at a concert, seeing each other across the room, immediate chemistry. At first I thought "Is this book about a vampire?" because when Tanner was ...more
Karina
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arr-funsies
*I received a copy of this novella from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Let me start out by stating that I was very much looking forward to this read. It sounded vaguely reminiscent of Fifty Shades of Grey, so I was game. Unfortunately it turned out too similar and in some parts nearly identical. While I love all things Fifty and greatly enjoy the slew of gazillionaire alpha males that have followed in Mr. Grey's footsteps, I draw the line at a certain point.

Natalie Barker is a naiv
Kobby Gyampoh
Jul 10, 2013 rated it liked it
This review is by Chicklit Pad blog.

For starters the book has a great blurb. I
got reeled in right when I saw one-night
stand, billionaire, Fashion, New York.
...But that's as far as my enthralment
went.
This book is erotic romance. One of my
first few experiences with the genre. I
read my first at fourteen with one
Bonjour Amour. I totally adored the main
character Odette, I think. But I couldn't
pass on the feelings to Natalie. I felt
she's the same ol' same ol' character you
pick from a Harlequin title
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Shadows (Lux, #0.5)
  • Afterlife (Fall of Angels, #4)
  • Micaela's Big Bad
  • Fallen University: Year One (Fallen University, #1)
  • Fallen University: Year Two (Fallen University #2)
  • Love Hard (Black Rose Kisses #4)
  • Who Breaks First (Clearwater University, #1)
  • Fallen University: Year Three (Fallen University #3)
  • Sweet Obsession (Ruthless Games, #1)
  • Sweet Retribution (Ruthless Games #2)
  • Sweet Salvation (Ruthless Games, #3)
  • Rotten Apples: a forbidden romance (Forbidden Fruit)
  • End Game (Bellevue Bullies, #4)
  • Badly Behaved
  • Clipped by Love (Bellevue Bullies, #2)
  • Changing Lines (Bellevue Bullies, #5)
  • The Lost Savior (Alinthia #1)
  • The Secret Heir (Alinthia #2)
See top shelves…
Emily Jane Trent is a true romantic at heart. She writes steamy romantic stories about characters you'll get to know and love. If you like a love story with sex scenes that sizzle and a story that involves you both intellectually and emotionally, you'll find her books are for you.

Touched By You (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Naked Submission (Touched By You, #2)
  • The Heart's Domination (Touched By You, #3)
  • Bound By Love (Touched By You, #4)
  • Deep Obsession (Touched By You, #5)
  • Forbidden Pleasures (Touched By You, #6)
  • Raw Burn (Touched By You, #7)
  • Desperately Entwined (Touched By You, #8)
  • Fierce Possession (Touched By You #9)
  • Intimate Secrets (Touched By You #10)
  • Whispered Confessions (Touched By You #11)