Start by marking “Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)” as Want to Read:
Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)

Murder of Crows

(The Others #2)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  37,190 ratings  ·  2,909 reviews
Return to New York Times best-selling author Anne Bishop’s world of the Others - where supernatural entities and humans struggle to co-exist, and one woman has begun to change all the rules.…

After winning the trust of the terra indigene residing in the Lakeside Courtyard, Meg Corbyn has had trouble figuring out what it means to live among them. As a human, Meg should be ba
Published March 4th 2014 by Roc

·  37,190 ratings  ·  2,909 reviews

Start your review of Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Murder of Crows picks up right after Written in Red ends.
The drugs "Go Over Wolf" and "feel good" are being distributed again. This time the targets are the Crowgard.

Don't mess with my Crows! They can't help if they can't resist the shiny!
Once things start taking a bad turn between the humans and "the Others" Simon and his crew finally figure out what the drugs are being manufactured from.
These books do move slowly..there is a whole lot of buildup to the action sequences, but there is so
Anne
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
For those of you who didn't like the slow pace of the first book?
Welp, you're gonna want to give this series a pass, because this one is more of the same.
Me? For some reason, I really loved it...

description

And all the complaints about how the last book had too many details of Meg & Co. just sort of doing silly nothingness, like brushing their teeth? Yep. Same sort of day to day minutiae included in this one.
So.
Either you're interested in the characters and world, or you're not.
I don't blame anyone who isn'
Wendy Darling
4.5 stars The best sequels expand the world you know and make you fall even deeper in love with the characters. Murder of Crows does all that and more in a story that's just as interesting as its predecessor.

Review posted on the blog: http://www.themidnightgarden.net/2014...

If you enjoy urban fantasies, whether YA or adult, you should be reading this outstanding series!
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
This is just a mini review =)

I didn't love this one as much as the first one but I still loved it.

The world that Anne Bishop created is awesome! I love all of the creatures that live together and rule so many things in the world.

Meg is back to seeing prophecies, uh, through the way she does. There is someone poisoning the crows and of course this doesn't sit well with the Others so they are going to start taking things away from the humans.

We get to find out more from one of the other cassan
Faye, la Patata

First of all, before I begin my review, let me just thank all the gods and higher deities out there for the fact that I am still alive to see this day. I've waited all year for this book to come out, and while it was a long one that pushed my endurance to the limits, I waited with much eagerness and patience, and I was rewarded accordingly with one hell of a sequel.

M-may I get some tissues, please?

Now that that's over with...
OH HELL TO THE YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!

It's no secret t
★ʜɑʋɘɳ★
2.5 Stars

I absolutely loved, loved, loved the first book. Which is why Murder of Crows disappointed me so much more than it should have.

There are two main aspects that in my opinion 'ruined' the story: Meg's character and the plot. If you will, let me tell you what I thought. If you loved this book, like all my friends did, then just ignore what I have to say. (:

I actually don't have a lot of expectations about a sequel. The only thing I really ask for is good character development; this, howev
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Actual rating: 3.545897468 stars.

This one should have been thrice as deadly as the first instalment in the series was. Or wasn’t. Or should have been but shockingly proved to be not. Or vice versa. Perhaps. Then again maybe not. (In case you were wondering, YES, I am feeling slightly a little bit confused as fish right now. I think.) (view spoiler)

Anyhooooo and stuff. As I was so brilliantly trying to explain, I should have DNFed this book twice as fast as I didn’t DNF
Maria V. Snyder
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book number 2 in a series. I really enjoyed the first one and I liked this one as well. I really don't know what it is about these books that appeals to me. There are lots of POV characters and I would have liked to see more of the Human's First and Last movement - more from their POV to get a better sense of the danger. Plus it's odd to be rooting against humans - except for the human pack :) I don't mind the bad ones getting their comeuppance, but there are a number of innocents that are hurt ...more
Simona B
Quickest buddy read in the world with my adventure buddy Nina (seriously, people, less than a day. That's how fabulous we are). Now be good and go read her review, go.

"Do any of them realize that Simon Wolfgard is falling in love with Meg Corbyn?"

Who the heck cares about any of them? The only ones who must realize that soon are Meg and Simon. And if they don't realize it, don't come blame it on me if Simon is kidnapped by a mysterious criminal who's his -almost- namesake and who may or may not h
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
Dec 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnfed
DNF at 65%. With all the same issues I had with the first book returning with force. I wanted to like it soooo much, and even picked up this second book (despite my better judgement) because I love the concept behind the series. Most of my problems were with execution, although this second book brought forth a whole host of new problems with inconsistent character construction. I just don't have the patience to force myself through it at this point.
Jilly
Let me start by mentioning that if you're a brony, this book is totally for you. There are colorful ponies in this book that can affect the weather and kill everyone. Think "My Little Pony" on steroids.

Okay, so I loved this book as much as the first one. Meg is settling in to life with the Others. She has been accepted by all of the different creatures in the Courtyard, and they love and protect her. They also still find her very amusing because she is "human-ing" around them and they really don
Sanaa
[5 Stars] This was even better than the first one! I didn't even think that was possible, but it's definitely the case here! I honestly just think that this series has one of the most fascinating worlds. It is so uniquely woven, and I love how genuine the character are. When I say genuine I mean that the characters are not ashamed to be who they are whether that is something a bit on the darker side or something more innocent. Everyone's character makes such perfect sense, and I love how the dif ...more
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
“He just hoped Meg leading the way didn’t mean all the blood prophets would do strange things to their hair.”

While I didn't like this one quite as much as the first, it was an excellent follow-up that kept me glued.

The world-building is fascinating and complex - I love Meg and the different creatures in Lakeside and how they interact with each other. It's dark and violent and gritty, but even the humorous parts (and there are several!) work well. The crows especially get a bigger part in the
ȷαεlα
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing

The Sanguinati referred to females like Meg as sweet blood because, even when they were adults, these women retained the sweetness of a child’s heart.

Another 5 star rating. I can't put these books down for any reason. Eating and sleeping has become secondary.

But who cares? Less sleep----> more reading!

These books are so goood, exactly what I expected for a dark UF to be, it has all the elements to rock this genre.

A lot happens. There are new characters introduced, old characters development,
Ian
The Review

Just a few short months after arriving at the courtyard, Meg has settled into life living with the Terra Indigine. Her blood prophesies have already saved the courtyard once and now she has seen a plot to attack the Crowgard with poisoned meat.

But a group of terrorists aren't their only problem. The Controller who Meg escaped from has set into motion plans to recapture or kill her and he doesn't care who he kills along the way. And further muddying the waters is the interference o
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

Review to follow though I'm jumping into the next book so ...

Bradley
Oct 10, 2015 rated it liked it
So. Tainted Meat. Got it. It's a novel about making hamburger, right?

Okay, so I liked this novel a lot more than the first because it actually felt like an editor got a chance to flip some red at it. There was more mainline story and less of the mild and rather boring "getting to know you in such a mundane way" build. Of course, there was plenty of sitting around and watching movies and hoping that the doggie would get to lick her fingers, and while that has a fairly charming place to sit in a s
Courtney
I wish I wouldn't have read the first book, Written in Red, the day after it came out because now I have to wait a year for Murder of Crows :(
Robin (Bridge Four)
What a great second book in the series. I did like the first book just a smidge more but it was only by a little.

description

A few things that I continue to like about the series are that the Humans are not the big cheese Alpha dogs of the story. There might be some that forget that, forget that the creatures known as the Others really control it all but they get some pretty big reminders of that in this book. The other thing I like is the Others aren’t shifters. They don’t think like humans and they do not
samantha  (books-are-my-life20)
I loved loved loved this book even more than the first.

The world has been established and built, i have gotten to meet most of the key players, now it's really starting to dig into their pasts and motivations. there are some new characters, ones that I hope make a reappearance in the next book, Vision in Silver witch I'm starting next. This was a 5 star read!!!!! and I can't wait to see what's next for Meg, Simon and the rest of the Lakeside Courtyard.
Julie
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

OMGTHISBOOKWASSOGOOD!!!!!

Before I even tell you why, go to the store (or a bookstore website) and pre-order this book. Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop. NOW. I’ll be here when you get back. If you have not read the first book, Written in Red, buy that one NOW then pre-order this second one. I will wait while you do that. Go. *hums Jeopardy anthem*

Okay. Let’s get to it then.

Anne Bishop is primarily known for her straight up fantasy. Fantasy writers, in order
carol.
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, shifter, vampires
Three and a half stars.

Don’t judge me. I just read book one in this series (Written in Red)–twice–and so what else was I to do but full speed to the second? Besides, there’s nothing like an addictive book to keep one wide awake through night shift, and the second installment in Bishop’s Others series continues to fit the bill. Yet while I enjoyed the second excursion to Bishop’s innovative urban fantasy world, I found it somewhat less engaging than the first.

This series grabs on three accounts:
Kelly
I liked the first one way more than this one, which was low on action, repetitive on character development and repetitive on writing (seriously there were a lot of lines that were copied and pasted throughout, essentially). There's still a pretty interesting overall world concept and sometimes she does say things that intrigue me, but they tend to not get explored. I also think that her treatment of sex and romance is infantile in a way that only sort of makes sense sometimes- this is not the tw ...more
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I liked this book just as much, if not more, than the first book in the series. I love all of the wonderful characters in this book but I also was really drawn to the story. Meg has really sparked a lot of change in Simon and her world. I now completely understand why so many people love this series.

Meg speaks prophecies but she doesn't just come out and say what is going to happen. It takes some work to put everything together. The
Maya
description

I loved the first book in this series and I thought that I would like this one as much as I did the previous one but sadly that's not how I feel. Don't get me wrong, the story is still really great but I felt like there was too little Meg and Simon scenes, too little interaction between those two and the unnecesarry drama at the beginning of the story was not to my liking. The scenes that we did get with them were great and reminded me of why I like this series so much. Their relationship is slo
Lauren
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and these characters so much. They feel like friends now. Such incredibly complex world building on a large and small scale lives in these pages. Favorites are back with a few new faces. Of course there's also the evil humans (as the Others say). The danger for both humans and Others is escalating and there is lots of unrest on both sides. Within the turmoil, I really liked watching these two groups interact and learn from the other.

Some movement on a romance, but thankfully
Shannon
Almost as good as the first book. Almost. I wanted more of the Elementals and Sam and more Simon and Meg moments. I don't mind a slow-burning romance and tension, but this is just a little too slow. I really wanted more. And the end was rushed. I really love this series and wish she'd write faster. Only having two books is killing me! This series has so much potential and I love her creativity in imagining an entirely new modern world. It's quite amazing and utterly fascinating.
Deborah Obida
I love this as much as I did the first one. The world building is perfect, everything is well depicted. The character development is amazing both the new and old characters fit perfectly into their roles and plot. I love the character development in Meg the most she is really adapting well and helping the Others know more about humans. I'm so shipping Meg and Simon.

Vlad pointed to the back of Howling Good Reads. “Her name is Heather. She’s more of a bunny, but she has the potential to explode

• Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1)
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
  • White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2)
  • Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
  • On the Edge (The Edge, #1)
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3)
  • Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2)
  • Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
Anne Bishop lives in upstate New York where she enjoys gardening, music, and writing dark, romantic stories. She is the author of over twenty novels, including the award-winning Black Jewels Trilogy. She has written a new series, the Others, which is an urban dark fantasy with a bit of a twist.

Crawford Award (2000)

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this na

The Others (8 books)
  • Written in Red (The Others, #1)
  • Vision in Silver (The Others, #3)
  • Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4)
  • Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
  • Lake Silence (The World of the Others, #1; The Others, #6)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • Untitled (The Others, #8)