Start by marking “The Cyanide & Happiness Depressing Comic Book” as Want to Read:
The Cyanide & Happiness Depressing Comic Book

The Cyanide & Happiness Depressing Comic Book

(Cyanide and Happiness)

Some of the online comics of Cyanide & Happiness have been collected into this truly depressing collection.
89 pages
Published 2005 by Cyanide & Happiness

To ask other readers questions about The Cyanide & Happiness Depressing Comic Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cyanide & Happiness Depressing Comic Book

Shaun
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a sad midnight toilet read for me. I liked feeling sad because, honestly, I don't often. Stressed, angry, overwhelmed? Sure. But not sad. These are genuinely sad, unfunny comics. It delivers what the title promises. I want more.
Benjamin Uke
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: webcomic
Best Birthday present ever.
Tazio Bettin
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
DEPRESSING!!!
AJ Torres
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
The introduction to this collection of comics say it best. "For me, depressing comics are just the opposite. Sure, sad moments can hurt, but any time we can glimpse what hurts, we can heal it too. After all, the human experience is about learning, and learning is another path to loving. So, don't think of these comics as a gateway to depression. Think of them as a backdoor to happiness."

In a way, especially with the ps note that is attached to this intro, it's easy to realize that it's laced wi
Devin
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love things that make you laugh at things you don't want to laugh at, and Cyanide and Happiness's comics basically are created to do just that. Then they made the Depressing Comic Book. I had to get it, that is just my humor. I was not disappointed. Definitely some strips aren't as good as the others, and some strips are a little more serious than the others (after all it isn't called "Funny Depressing Comic Book"). Some people might say I'm a horrible person for laughing at these comic strips ...more
Kyle O'Shields
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan of Cyanide & Happiness and I can truthfully say that the Depressing Comic Weeks contain my favorite strips.

When I first opened the book and saw that it was divided into sections from least depressing to most depressing, I thought "Yeah, right. Whatever." Flash forward to when I finished the book. I thought "They really weren't kidding around."
Jessica
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, macabre
The creators of this Internet comic warn you that these comics are depressing......and they didn't lie. About a quarter of them were good macabre humor, but the rest ranged from o.k to not funny to wrong on so many levels. I recommend that all depressed and suicidal persons AVOID this book like the plague.
Joanna Finfer
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
There were some pretty depressing comics in there, but overall, I wasn't bummed out to the point where I felt like crying and couldn't take it anymore. Disappointed in that respect...but you can only do so much with that kind of subject matter, right? Or I'm just seriously disturbed. *Shrugs*
Steve
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Terrible taste as usual, but when some of these jokes land they're downright hilarious. Unfortunately the effort involved in grouping these 'depressing' comics leaves a lot of them landing flat. Don't stop here if this is your first exposure - these strips are usually more well rounded!
Pedro Plassen
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, humour
excellent Christmas gift
Christopher Munroe
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
...I look forward to Cyanide and Happiness' depressing comic week every year. I'm thrilled to have a compilation of them, they are just, just horrible. I love them.
Deb
Feb 20, 2018
Nick
Nov 15, 2015
Ed
rated it did not like it
Jan 14, 2015
Jul 28, 2017
Anshuman
Mar 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Phoebe and Her Unicorn in Unicorn Theater (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #8)
  • Review of My Cat
  • The Halloween Kid
  • Black Panther #7
  • The Wicked + The Divine: Christmas Annual #1
  • The Complete Peanuts, Vol. 4: 1957-1958

Cyanide and Happiness (6 books)
  • Cyanide and Happiness