Start by marking “Beneath the Burn” as Want to Read:
Beneath the Burn

Beneath the Burn

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  5,764 Ratings  ·  730 Reviews
They meet by chance. The timing is wrong.

Three years later, she finds him again, but their separation was poisoned with narcotics and bloodied by enslavement.

Her freedom gambled away, Charlee Grosky escapes the international businessman who held her captive. But his power reaches beyond her protective barriers and threatens everyone she has come to love.

Jay Mayard wears hi
Published July 31st 2013 by Pam Godwin

Lisa

description

Going into Beneath the Burn by Pam Godwin, I knew that I would love the story and that I would get wrapped up in the writing. With this being said, after finishing the book, my mind is still trying to wrap itself around the utter awesomeness of this literary piece of work. I absolutely loved this book. You could feel the raw, gritty and edgy writing throughout every page. Damn! This was good shit!

CHARLEE:

“You’re resilient, you know that?”

“I’m a survivor.”

She knew, in that moment, the absence o
Christy
5 Burning stars!!!

photo 8139c1e6-d48b-469b-b02a-4ae8f254be5e_zpsa811db03.jpg

There is nothing better for me than a dark read with a damaged hero. This book was a PERFECT Christy read! I finished this book late last night and started a new book right after... now I have a problem. I still have Jay and Charlee on the mind! This story was raw, intense and amazing! The writing was fabulous. I loved this one!
“Love is like a series of improbable, lonely notes landing together in meaningful chaos. Where every channel carries a rhythm that conveys an express
Bibi
May 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
description

I've entered that diminishing enjoyment zone of SADBSC. What's that you ask? Same Author, Different Book, Same Characters.

Beneath the Burn is my fifth foray into the worlds as created by the very talented Pam Godwin, but sadly, I can't bear to read about another grown ass female who chooses to remain a victim while waiting for her white knight in tarnished armour to save her. It's depressing and unimaginative. And that stuff gets old rather quickly.

Don't believe me?

1. Laynee from Incentive, a
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 DARK HOT STARS

This is an emotional roller coaster...Words cannot describe how I feel about this book...
I really do not know where to start with this review because the book absolutely blew me away...

Beneath the Burn is Jay and Charlee's story....

description

Charlee and Jay meet when they least expect it..Jay is the lead singer for The Burn. He's lived a horrible childhood causing him to don't want people to lays a finger on his skin.. He tries to escape the pain with drugs and sex but one night he was
Kristen
Although I already posted a quick review for this book, Steffi and I just completed a joint review for the blog Swept Away By Romance. I feel this gives a more well-rounded review than my original.

Kristen: 4 1/2–GRIPPING–Stars! Holy Cow! I LOVED THIS RAW, GRITTY, TWISTED, DISTURBING, AND EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE STORY! This author writes my kind of dark romance.

Steffi: 4 Stars

What worked

Kristen: Pretty much everything about this book worked for me, from the intense and dark plot to the cast of pe
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

photo tumblr_miod26C4Kb1rep7iwo1_400.gif

Where do I begin? I am having way too much of emotions right now!

photo oh-my-god-gif-gif.gif

The story was certainly wowzer! Completely blow me away. Feels like a whole new world out there to explore.

Let's begin with our heroine, blue-eyed Charlee
" A girl on the run needs plain looks to go unnoticed. No identifiable marks"

photo Kaya-Scodelario-Luce-fallen-by-lauren-kate-34890183-1280-712.jpg

Hero, hottie gorgeous rock star, Jay
He wasn't an addict. He was a self-medicating nut job

photo tumblr_mohg49txro1suj9keo1_500.jpg

And finally villain, Roy
Delusional psychobabble.

Beneath the Burn is gritty, intense, passionate. I exp
Amber Rose
I have had the privilege to be a beta reader from the very beginning. Pam giving me only a couple of chapters at a time and every single one ended with a cliff hanger. Who does that? Pam Godwin does. Or at least to me she does.

This book does not leave off a cliffhanger by the way since it's a stand alone. Just wanted to make that clear.

Finally being able to read this book through left me with a heart fuzzy feeling. I read this book when there was only 1 chapter and now it's finally finished,
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
Two broken souls, brought together and irrevocably bound, stronger and forged... in fire.

Jay Maynard
Flames engulf you... Your skin on fire. The memories will haunt you and the scars, the burn marks won't let you forget. Make the scars steel and build the armor to conquer the world. Follow your heart and claim the happiness you deserve. It's liberating.

Charlee Grosky
Fire will purify the most damned soul of all. Only in her burning embrace, sanctuary and heaven lies. You are not afraid to die, so
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 Burning Stars

"You showed me beauty in survival. I’ll show you strength in healing."

How do I even go about reviewing a book that I'm pretty sure had me highlighting every other page. I'm not even slightly exaggerating. I highlighted the hell out of this book. This is the first testament of how much I enjoy a book. If I can't stop highlighting, I know that I'm hanging on to every single word.
.Lili.
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Beneath the Burn is the story of two tormented souls.

Jay, an up and coming, who suffers from mental anxiety caused by childhood memories.
 photo 6028f240-6ec1-46c0-a08d-6170d9879a57_zps1e16de38.jpg
He abuses drugs to drown out those memories from his past.
 photo drugs_zps8432c0a1.gif

One night after a show he decides to get a tattoo and meets Charlee, the tattoo artist.
 photo image_zps7b59fdf3.jpg
She's on the run from Roy, a sadistic man who sexually assualted her and kept her prisoner for years.

During this chance meeting that Charlee frees something in him and inspires him to be a better man worthy of her. H
Aestas Book Blog
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it

Dark, gritty and intense!!

I repeat: DARK. GRITTY. INTENSE. (oh, and kinky!)

All I knew going into this book was that there was a tortured hero slash rock star and some kind of captivity theme mixed in with a second-chance romance... and while it's rare for me to go into a book blind, I have to admit that that was enough to sell me on it.

The story centers on Charlee and Jay. Charlee has spent years held captive by a brutal, powerful and sadistic billionaire who uses and abuses her in every way pos
Debra

"You showed me beauty in survival. I'll show you strength in healing."

What.A.Book.

Beneath the Burn was a dark, gritty, emotional, and at times heartbreaking story that will stay with me for a very long time. It was unlike any other book I've ever read and certainly not your typical rock star story. It had it's rock star romance moments but more than that, it was also filled with angst, action and lots of twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat the entire time you are re
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~

Is this the best book I've ever read? No, but does that matter?
Was this book long? Yes but its way better than splitting it into two books.
Was this book realistic? Not really but how many books realistic these days?
Did it keep my attention? Yes!
Is this a standalone? YES!
Should you read it?
YES photo tumblr_m37l2kbHzI1qihztbo1_400_zps6f1c5d00.gif

Nice new vocabulary words I learned
Cockblockaplypse- the huge act of a cockblock
Rockognition- recognition of a rock star
Rockatize- the act of rocking out
Rockstrap- rock star's thong

feelings photo tumblr_mdpezpnOsc1rkfiqpo1_400_zps9ca9cd54.gif

Since I cannot eve
Amy (Foxy)
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Amy (Foxy) by: Kara
Jay is a rock star whose childhood still haunts him. Drugs and sex are his coping mechanism. Charlee is a woman who is running from an evil man. Trapped like an animal and held captive during her teen years she is always looking over her shoulder as she hides in public.

Jay's pain brought them together when he walked into her tattoo shop looking to cover his scars.
"Your pain brought us together."

An unfortunate event tore them apart for three years. Even though they are reunited there is sti
Lucia
Mar 18, 2013 rated it liked it

DELICIOUSLY DARK, TWISTED AND SEXY! This is story about broken rockstar and deeply damaged woman. Just do not expect anything lovey-dovey and read disclaimer first.

My Charlee and Jay:

Jay is scarred (emotionally and physically) and he tries to hide his dark memories in drugs and mindless f*cks but nothing helps him to forget permanently.

After two years of terrible enslavement, Charlee is on escape, hiding her true identity from her current boyfriend, unwilling to bring him into darkness and const
Dee Montoya
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
** TWO STARS **

(BR with the lovely L.C Moon)

photo fa50df3e-1b2b-46fa-968d-43395d56d79b_zpsngmjz2ez.jpg

I know I'm in the minority here since everyone loves this book and even though I'm a big fan of Pam Godwin's gorgeous writing style, unfortunately the plot was not for me. I struggled with the storyline and the characters the entire time; they both had an incredible amount of emotional baggage and the insta-love also didn't work for me. This is a case of, Is not you, it's me and I'm sure there's many people out there who would adore this book.

Not l
Brenna
2 1/2 stars. I have yet to wrap my head around this one. There was A LOT going on here!

I was really excited to start this one because I was in the mood for something darker. This is definitely an intense read, especially in the beginning because you are thrust into the heroine’s awful situation dealing with rape, physical/sexual/emotional abuse, captivity, and more. I was really into this story for a while, but then my interest just gradually tapered off and eventually I was just ready to be don
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Burning Stars

A brutal business man, a rock star and a girl called Charlee.

One of them is evil personified, "He's like the most powerful man in the world. How is that even possible?"

One of them has intimacy issues, "...he was way too beautiful not to be touched."

One of them had their freedom gambled away. Unbelievably true!!!

"She wanted to destroy him."

This book starts with a bang...... a big one!!! Good grief, I was seriously not expecting what happened in the first 10% of this bo
 ♥  Barb ♥
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5... HEALING stars

photo beneaththeburn4_zps98627c4e.jpg

This is the story about Jay and Charlee. Jay is the lead singer of the group, The Burn and meets Charlee one night, when he strolls into her tattoo shop. Both are broken and have pasts....
Charlee is 22 and has been running....Jay in his own way is running too....Can two broken, damaged people find love? You will just have to read this to find out!!!
This book had me on the edge of my seat the whole entire time...it was dark, intense, nail biting, exciting, and a bit of roma
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
4.5 Stars - Jointly reviewed for Totallybookedblog.com

Gitte:

Jenny: You’re so right G. The story that developed was unlike anything I expected. This book literally drew me in from the first sentence! Talk about gritty! I wa
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Five +++++ Stars!!!

♥♥ ♥Jay & Charlee ♥♥♥

photo JayampCharleeBeneaththeBurn_zps2578c4ac.jpg

**Possible spoilers below**

Dare to be vulnerable with me.

Holy. Shit. This story is so fucking good.

Two hours of sleep. That’s all I had. I could not put this down. It’s one of those stories that will stay with me for a long, long time. As soon as I finished, I cried with exhaustion, but yet I wanted to turn back to the beginning and start this rough and heartbreaking journey all over again.

It is not for everyone. The first 20% or so was hard to st
Pam
5+++ stars

It’s been nine years of living in hell, different kinds of hell, but hell none-the-less, the only thing that made it worth living was three years ago Charlee met a guy, a guy who survived his own hell and had the scars to prove it. In him she found strength, hope and peace, something she never really let herself feel until him. How is it that an hour in a stranger’s presence do you build your hopes and dreams around, how could the words that were never said but the strength behind thei
Rosanna
Shelves: rock-n-roll
5 Fucktillian, Cockblockalypse stars!

I'm not going to give a rundown of the book. It's in the blurb and honestly, I think everyone should go in mostly blind to get the best effect.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The story of Jay and Charlee is not one that I will forget anytime soon. In true, Pam Godwin fashion, she.....
1. Starts us off with a bang.
2. Keeps us turning pages with suspense.
3. Gives us a few minutes to breath.
4. Then out of nowhere, hits us up-side the fucking head over and over again!

Repeat steps 1-4

Then, wh
Aimie
Recommended to Aimie by: Amber Rose
Shelves: favorites
Heart stopping brilliance. Loved it!
"You gave me something I never want to forget."

[image error] photo 2986511-8371088375-Human_zps0269262f.gif

OK, Let me try and write a review to do this amazing story justice.
*Spoiler Free. Some direct quotes.*

This was most certainly not your average rock star romance novel. Oh no Sirree. This packed a serious punch to the gut. One of which I can still feel the effects from 24 hours later.

Expect to be disturbed, shocked, thrilled and at times completely appalled.
[image error] photo tumblr_mdhur8ywGU1rkmcsko1_500_zpsb15e6f70.gif

A pretty lengthily book of 484
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
5 STARS!!! Oh you are on my pedestal Pam Godwin!

So I had this book for the longest time and just let it sit there on my shelf. The blurb really caught my attention, but for some reason, I always put it off. Looking back, I think it's because of the "rockstar" part. 95% of the time, I have no patience reading about rockstars and Hollywood drama, but damn, Pam Godwin NAILED it here! I'm not flowery with words so Imma just say this. If you love dark romance, broken-but-not-really characters, an eff
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars - Jointly reviewed for Totallybookedblog.com

Gitte: So wow Jenny, I did not expect anything remotely close to what this story turned out to be did you? I mean it was downright horrific, gritty and raw, emotional and gut wrenching whilst full of hope, human perseverance, strength and above all the love of the soul mate variety!

Jen
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Every so often I read a book that reaches in and touches my soul. This was one of those books! It touched me in so many ways, and the characters were written with such realism that I almost felt like I was sharing their pain right alongside of them. Pam Godwin has such a poetic way with her writing, and so many of the words she wrote were ones that I won't ever forget. I loved the way she describes love:

"Love is like a series of improbable, lonely notes landing together in a meaningful chaos. Wh
~*~Brooke's Stripped Down Reviews~*~
Shelves: rape, beta
**Quick Note: I had the honor and privilege of being asked to beta read, which is a first for me. So when Pam, a woman I deeply admire, asked if I would be interested in being a beta for this book, my shortened response was "FUCK YEAH" (with a big grin) and then patiently waited for MONTHS (because she's a Sadist)!**

Warning: To those who are easily offended, stop right now! This book is raw, hardcore, and does not shy away from society placed taboos. There is graphic sex, kidnap, rape, bdsm, a
Mercedes
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
This book spans a few years of Jay and Charlee’s life, with a look at both their time spent together and time spent apart. Both Jay and Charlee have severely traumatic pasts that continue to bleed into their present. If there’s ever been a story with insta-love, this is one. If I’m being totally honest though I fell in love with Jay and Charlee just as quickly as they fell in love with each other.

Charlee’s trauma was front and center for the duration of the book. She experienced ongoing sufferi

Fathima
5 I-need-a-Jay-Mayard-right-now stars !!!

“You showed me beauty in survival. I’ll show you strength in healing”

This book ...

photo Beautiful_zps8086e875.gif

I got no words .. I dont even where to begin reviewing it ! So not your average rock star story ..

photo loveee_zpsabf6d840.gif

Just the other day I was like , ' Gods , every rockstar story blurb that've been reading these days has the same elements .. They all have a rockstar who is sex on a guitar prick ! They all have issues with too many groupies and drugs .. They all end up meeting someone wh
Looking for more books like Beneath the Burn, Consequences or The Dark Duet.. 15 95 Feb 12, 2014 02:28AM
NEED BLOGGERS FOR BLOG TOUR 1 39 May 31, 2013 12:41PM
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 2 "Discovered" (My Masters' Nightmare, #2)
  • Edge of Obsession (SKALS, #3)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • Chosen
  • Madeleine Abducted (The Estate, #1)
  • The Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day, #1)
  • Tolerance (Heart of Stone, #2; NSC Industries, #3)
  • Tracks (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • Underestimated (Underestimated, #1)
  • The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1)
  • Wanderlust
  • Cold-Blooded Beautiful (Beautiful, #2)
  • Torn from You (Tear Asunder, #1)
  • Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2)
  • Waking Kiss (BDSM Ballet, #1)
  • Take Me, Break Me (Pierced Hearts, #1)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, Pam Godwin, lives in the Midwest with her husband, their two children, and a foulmouthed parrot. When she ran away, she traveled fourteen countries across five continents, attended three universities, and married the vocalist of her favorite rock band.

Java, tobacco, and dark romance novels are her favorite indulgences, and might be considered more u
More about Pam Godwin...
“You showed me beauty in survival. I’ll show you strength in healing” 49 likes
“You have the heart one expects to see at the centre of a fire, bending and twisting like steel, but never breaking. If something happens to mine, yours would be stubborn enough to beat for both of us.” 49 likes