Start by marking “Dirty Laundry (Cole McGinnis, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dirty Laundry (Cole McGinnis, #3)

Dirty Laundry

(Cole McGinnis #3)

For ex-cop turned private investigator Cole McGinnis, each day brings a new challenge. Too bad most of them involve pain and death. Claudia, his office manager and surrogate mother, is still recovering from a gunshot, and Cole’s closeted boyfriend, Kim Jae-Min, suddenly finds his teenaged sister dumped in his lap. Meanwhile, Cole has his own sibling problems—most notably, ...more
Published April 19th 2013 by Dreamspinner Press (first published April 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Laundry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Laundry

Start your review of Dirty Laundry (Cole McGinnis, #3)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

I dare you, I double dog dare you, I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU to find someone who is not obsessed with this audiobook. This audiobook makes all other audiobooks want to crawl into a hole and cower. All hail Greg Tremblay, master of the Cole McGinnis narration, and Rhys Ford for giving him such a fabulously written, nuanced script.

I'm suuuuuper choosy about my audiobooks. I listen to a ton of them and I have very particular tastes.

I need my audiobooks to feel natural and I NEED a wide range of
Shile
Another win.

Loved it! The audio-book is the best.

-The writing amazing

-The conversations and banter engaging as usual

-The Sex hot

-The Mystery never boring.

My cast

Cole

Jae

The Cat

description

-Jae's mother should just be shot in the head so we can all forget about her.

-I loved Ichiro, Bobby and Claudia.
Susan
Mar 21, 2013 rated it liked it

The 3rd book in the Cole McGinnis series and, thankfully, the least confusing! Don't get me wrong, there are still the myriad of Korean characters with their very similar names. But, either I'm getting used to the way the author peppers these characters around in her book OR I'm better at ignoring those times I can't remember who is who.

In any case, the series continues with, again, a solid (if a little over-the-top) mystery plot about 2 Korean fortune tellers and a string of murders.
Rhys Ford
Apr 02, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: author
First off, thanks to everyone who has been with me so far on this ride. Thank you for being here and flinging coffee beans at me when I start to twitch. 'Cause man these two make me twitch.

Some thoughts on this book.

Several things happen in this novel. Cole and Jae are tested in a lot of ways. The mystery deals less with murder...although people do die... and more with lies. Lies told to other people as well as those delusional white lies we tell ourselves. It was a fun one to write in that
Wendy
4.5-stars-only.jpg (1083×363):

Well this was another awesome read ! This series just keeps getting better and better.

19012901.gif (500×240)

This is also the first book, were I could actually follow the mystery plot..I even knew who the killer was !! Yay me !!

tumblr_mowxe989yb1s4yfn5o1_500.gif (418×360)

It could have been, because of the chart that was in the book, but I'm just going with the fact that I'm really smart :P

This was also the first book in the series that made me cry... Damn these guys don't have it easy. There was this one point, were I wanted to throttle Jae !! A few pages later
Ingie
Written August 23, 2014

4.2 Stars - Fully convinced; this is fun and heartwarming romantic crime reading

Book #3

Rhys Ford's Cole McGinnis series have been in my ears a couple of days now.

I'm so to speak -highly enchanted- and I try to listening to theses audiobooks every spare moment. The first two where lovely romantic, had good suspense and where filled with well written bantering, great characters and other fun stuff. They where also narrated in a praiseworthy way by Greg Tremblay

...It was
Jenni Lea
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Oh wow.

Rhys Ford has delivered yet another astounding story in the Cole McGinnis series. I'm blown away. This one was so much more than just a mystery. This one was about family. About relationships. About love.

Cole loves with a fierceness you just don't get from most books. He loves with his whole being. With his soul.

Yes, I was stumped by the whodunit once again but this time I really didn't care because I was too busy feeling.

I have no more words. They are all stuck in my throat right now.

Heather C
This book kills me. Totally. Fucking. Kills. Me!!

First, I was dying with laughter! As with the previous two Cole McGinnis books, it starts off with another crazy opening scene. Cole may or may not have received a "bit" of an ass chewing. So fucking hilarious!

Then, there was the ripping out of my heart! Not going to reveal what happens but I still may be having some agonizing pains in my chest.

Next, there was some dirty, rough sex that possibly went down in a very inappropriate place. Cole and
Barbara➰
**3.5 stars**

Well, I didn't enjoy this one as much as the others. Cole and Jae spend very little time together in this book. I needed them to make some headway on their relationship. They did but it wasn't until the end. This was definitely a time where the romance took a back burner and the mystery/suspense was up front. I still enjoyed it because I absolutely LOVE Cole. He's so funny at times especially with the cat.

The ending about gutted me but luckily it's all good. Moving on to the next...
Annika
Dirty Laundry (Cole McGinnis, #3) by Rhys Ford

Audiobook Review

I want to start with the beginning. As all of these books do, this one opens up with Cole in trouble of the unpredictable sort. This time he’s been tasked with getting a little girl’s dog back, for the meagre payment of a chocolate bar. Little did he know that he’d end up being chased by huge, angry dogs and ultimately being arrested and having to be bailed out by a furious Jae. These have nothing really to do with the rest of the book, but they just get me in a good mood, and
Chelsea
This installment hurt. In good and bad ways. Cole's longing for Jae is at the forefront of this novel and... it was beautiful and painful to hear about.

The mystery completely lost me in places, but it had a high body count so I was happy. Also I read this for Cole and Jae, so seeing them together makes me a happy woman!!

AliciaJ
*****11/18/15: Ok, I had to up my rating to 5 stars this time around. I don't know what I was smoking last time, but this book was AWESOME!! I love it when I re-read a series and find myself loving it even more than before.*****

I loved getting another installment in this series. I want to see this series go on for many many more books. BUT...

there were just a couple things in this one that didn't do it for me. One was that Jae-Min wasn't as big of a presence in this book as he was in the
Erika
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm finally done reading this, Yayyyy!

Ok so I'm giving this one 3.5 stars, mostly because I could not follow along with all the names being bandied about, and same for the mystery. I got the gist of it though, so that's all that matters. I liked everything else, including the fun mentions of Kpop music that I like (G-Dragon!) and k-dramas that I've heard of ( Sungkyunkwan Scandal! And yes, K-dramas are that addictive).

I'll admit that I normally really dislike when authors use euphemisms during
Ann
I think this is my favorite of the series so far. As always, great mystery, complex characters and most importantly, Cole and Jae.

This was a serious roller coaster of action and emotion, one does not relax while reading/listening to a Cole McGinnis mystery, that is for damn sure.

Greg Tremblay, the AMAZING narrator for this series brings Cole to life, I can't imagine anyone else could be Cole the way he can. When he reads parts where Cole is feeling extreme emotion, which he does because he is SO
Marte - Thunderella

***** 5 Dirty series stars *****

Audio edition, narrator Greg Tremblay
8 hours 56 minutes

Overall: 5
Performance: 5
Story: 5

Love this book! There is so much going on at all fronts. We finally get to meet (view spoiler). Lots of emotional stuff going on between Cole and Jae. Jae is struggling between his responsibility as Korean man towards his family and doing what he actually wants.

The criminal case is easier to follow this time around, and I
Karen
Well here we are at book #3...

Ok, so once again it's Cole McGinnis by Rhys Ford and narrated by Greg Tremblay. So the e-book was a exuberant 4 star read and the audio has just bumped it up to 5 stars. I loved it do much that I of course just dove into book #4...well, actually I did dive into book #4 and I'm currently listening to book #5 because I admit it this lady has decided the best thing to do for the holidays is be sick so I don't really have the where-with-all to do much more than
Dianne
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Originally reviewed for: http://liveyourlifebuythebook.wordpre...

This is book 3 in a series about PI Cole McGinnis and his Korean lover, photographer Kim Jae-Min. I absolutely recommend reading them all, and in order, to best understand the full history of Cole, Jae and their complexities.

Michele Fogal
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-romance
WARNING: I had to swear, because this series just GETS me!

I'm always struck by how fucking MALE the character Cole is. I LOVE him. He swears a lot, he threatens bizarre hilarious violence on people that piss him off, he loves it when he catches another guy checking out his hottie, he avoids emotionally challenging situations... It's awesome! It's real and that just makes the love affair between him and Jae so much hotter for me. More visceral. I can taste it. How they love each other, how they
* A Reader Obsessed *
This was a brutal, emotional entry on the personal front for Cole and Jae. Unfortunately Jae is outed and there are consequences. In and among the central mystery Cole's trying to solve, the theme of family runs rampant in this book. The ties that bind - are they strong enough to withstand new and shocking revelations? Do they automatically entail acceptance and unconditional love? When and where does obligation begin and end?

Cole remains a great character with a sarcastic wit that often gets
Elsbeth

description - Narrator - Grey Tremblay

Another great story of Cole McGinnis... Review maybe later.

NEXT...
ttg
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews, m-m
3.5 stars – A good continuation of the Cole McGinnis mysteries (following Dirty Kiss and Dirty Secret.) In this one, Cole is asked to check who might be offing the clients of a local Korean fortune-teller. Meanwhile, his happy time with his closeted boyfriend Jae is interrupted by the sudden appearance of Jae’s runaway (and homophobic) younger sister. Toss in his (surprise) younger brother visiting from Japan, and things are pretty busy (and murderous) in the life of Detective Cole McGinnis.

For
KatieMc
Jul 06, 2014 rated it liked it
I like Cole and Jae, but the story lines are getting to be a bit samey. Yes, they are comfortable and enjoyable and I am fond of the LA setting. At this point, it’s Bobby that keeps me coming back. However, I am really glad that I read Dirty Laundry because 1)I got some great Korean BBQ recs from Susan and 2) I found out that Vivian and I like the same westside strip mall Korean BBQ joint.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)

This review is going to be disjointed because my notes are long and all over the place and I’m too lazy to make everything all orderly.

The story is excellent, the mystery quite good and would almost stand alone, the pacing and the rest of the plot also very good, and there’s a lot of mortal danger, mayhem, action, drama, and intense declarations of love. Yummy.

The best part is the characters. There are many different characters and each one is a clear individual that I can picture. There are
~Volha~
OMG, so many feels! I loved this so much! Cole McGinnis is such a character - snarky, irreverent and full of love for Jae! And Jae, sweetheart, it's Sophie's choice for you, baby! I am so sad for him that he had to make it, but also happy that he was starting to accept himself and letting himself love Cole freely. Just about broke my heart at times to read their struggles individually and as a couple. But my boys are tough AF, so they made it to the other side slightly dented though but together ...more
❀~Amy~❀
I really had no intention of ever reading this book (or the rest of the series). I struggled hard with Book 1 and only read 2 because it fit a challenge I needed. To many Korean names and words and a mystery I didn't care about made them hard books to get through. I ended up deciding on this book the same way I did #2, for a team challenge. Of course scrolling through the reviews for it I noticed Heather K (dentist in my spare time)'s review about how wonderful the audiobook is (seriously check ...more
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
5 Stars - KAPOW!!

Wow, where to start!! This is such an absolutely fantastic addition to a wonderful series in which Rhys Ford has taken each book up a notch and increased my emotional investment in Cole and Jae. Dirty Laundry had me alternatingly laughing, crying and peeking
BWT (Belen)
Belens Audio Book Review

Dear Greg Tremblay,

I love your voice. Your narration is like a gift from the angels. You make me so happy.

Yours truly,
Belen

P.S.: Rhys Ford, I hope you have thanked whatever deity or essence you believe in for them pairing the awesomeness of Greg Tremblay with your wonderful storytelling.

Now that's out of the way...let's get to the review. I can't say much because it would spoil a lot, and I don't want to do that. There's a whole lot of drama in this installment of the series, with a pretty
Susan
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Susan by: Elsbeth
Shelves: mm, audio
Audio. Narrator: Greg Tremblay

When I started listening to this series, I wasn’t sure what to think. The first half of book 1 didn’t really suck me in. But I got more and more invested when I listened on. I can honestly say that I’m totally hooked now. I don’t ever want this series to end.

I have the best time driving to and from work! Traffic jams have never been this much fun. When everyone else is doing this

I’m all

I am very much in love with Cole, Jae-Min, Claudia, Bobby, Ichiro. I
Christy
Hands down Dirty Laundry is the best book in the series so far. Since I loved the other two its not insane to realize how over the top I am about this book. The writing is still some of the best I've ever read. That, and the creative ways of maiming people.

Cole and Jae. Wow. Two of my all time favorite main characters in a series. Cole is such a GUY! He and Jae bring this incredible romance to life while still pissing each other off, cursing a lot and trying their damnedest to not be vulnerable.
Charlinda Jenkins
Poor Cole he went through so much in this book. I'm glad he and Jae Min are working everything out. They are becoming a more solid couple. And Cole has a new brother. I could understand why Cole was angry and reluctant to meet Ichi. I would have been too. I didn't want to like Ichi either, but damn he was cool! And I looove Bobby! I can't wait for Bobby's book now, because I think I know who his love interest will be :). One of the things I love about this series is how Ford incorporates Korean ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Dirty Laundry by Rhys Ford 1 18 Apr 19, 2013 11:23AM

• A Few Good Fish (Fish Out of Water, #3)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)
  • Secrets (PsyCop, #4)
  • Body and Soul (PsyCop, #3)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • Murder House (PsyCop, #10)
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop, #7)
  • Criss Cross (PsyCop, #2)
  • Smoke & Mirrors (THIRDS, #7)
  • Something Stinks at the Spa (The ABCs of Spellcraft, #3)
  • Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5)
  • Thick & Thin (THIRDS, #8)
  • Single (Single Dads #1)
  • Give Up the Ghost (Not Dead Yet #2)
  • Dead Man's Quill (The ABCs of Spellcraft #4)
Rhys Ford is an award-winning author with several long-running LGBT+ mystery, thriller, paranormal, and urban fantasy series and was a 2016 LAMBDA finalist with her novel, Murder and Mayhem. She is published by Dreamspinner Press and DSP Publications.

She’s also quite skeptical about bios without a dash of something personal and really, who doesn’t mention their cats, dog and cars in a bio? She

Cole McGinnis (6 books)
  • Dirty Kiss (Cole McGinnis, #1)
  • Dirty Secret (Cole McGinnis, #2)
  • Dirty Deeds (Cole McGinnis, #4)
  • Down and Dirty (Cole McGinnis, #5)
  • Dirty Heart (Cole McGinnis, #6)
“People who raise dogs to fight should be shot. Men who steal a little girl’s dog to bait a fighting dog should die the slowest, most torturous death possible. Their skin should be separated from their flesh with an air hose through minute slits and then have water from the Salton Sea injected slowly into the cavities while someone rips off strips of duct tape from their balls. But that’s just off the top of my head.” 1 likes
“THE City of Angels operated mostly on a grid pattern, with a few winding streets tossed in to fuck up a tourist trying to get from Hollywood to downtown. Adding to the confusion are three of the worst intersected freeways known to mankind. An innocent stranger to the molasses gridlock around the downtown exits could unsuspectingly take the wrong course among the five hundred options available amid the endless construction and find himself circling the area, hopelessly lost until he either ran out of gas or went mad from the hell he couldn’t escape.

Bobby was dead certain many of the street people trudging through downtown muttering to themselves were actually motorists who finally abandoned their cars and set to walking the cement and steel desert until the end of their days. I wasn’t all together certain he was wrong.”
1 likes