Start by marking “Blood Brothers” as Want to Read:
Blood Brothers

Blood Brothers

Thirty-three year old Philip Hampton is an award winning freelance writer and investigative journalist. His younger brother, Billy, an A-list New Yorker, is on the brink of stardom in the international art market.

Orphaned as children, the two brothers are the only family either has until Billy is murdered. Shattered by his brother’s death, Philip vows revenge.

During a visi
Published February 28th 2013 by JEZ LLC (first published November 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Brothers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Brothers

Start your review of Blood Brothers
Sheila
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I admire this book for its originality. It's a murder mystery, but it also is very thoughtful and detailed. There is much in-depth characterization, and a lot of description, more than you would usually find in a mystery. I didn't mind at all that the pace was not bam-bam-bam; the emotional hits were quite strong enough without requiring constant action to move the book forward.
The book is explicit about child sexual abuse, but I found this fitting. The author does not shy away from anything, an
Dianne
Well, I never thought I could Love-Hate-Love a book, until Jody Zimmerman’s Blood Brothers came along. Blood Brothers is a story of pain, loss, abuse, discovery, retribution and finally redemption and freedom. Toss in some intrigue, very heavy emotional baggage and there was no way to do this story justice without Mr. Zimmerman’s willingness to keep creating until the characters and events finally stopped talking to him, well beyond the length of many novels today.

Phillip and Billy were all the
Kelley
Novel received courtesy of Jody Zimmerman, author

When I was contacted by Jody Zimmerman about reading his book and reviewing it, I was all too happy to do so. My first impression of the book was, "Yikes, it's huge!" The book is the size and shape of a paperback textbook which made it awkward to hold while reading it. At 476 pages, I can't imagine how long it would've been in a traditional paperback or hardback format.

I will start out by saying that I loved the main story of brotherly love, rekin
Jerreb
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, kindle
overall I really enjoyed the story. in fact I ended up dreaming about the book several nights (I was trying to piece all the clues together). my only complaint is that the author needs a good editor working with him. there were a number of spelling issues as well as some places where the story didn't flow very well. also while I loved the incredibly detailed descriptions of architecture, design and fashions, I felt that it often got in the way of the overall story. this sounds like I didn't real ...more
Teresa Lavender
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the most part I would say Blood Brothers was very intense. This explores some areas that would probably make a lot of people uncomfortable - pedophiles, sexual deviance, murder - and it goes into detail. It has a great story line and really does give you a clear picture of the experience of being sexually abused. The characters are well developed and the writing is excellent. I do feel that it is a bit long and there are some areas that could be edited. You will most certainly feel some disc ...more
Katlynn Parsons
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This book is not for everyone. In order to solve the mystery of his brother Billy's death, Philip has to dig deep in to his very troubled and depressing past. He and his brother were molested by their mothers art mentor, whom they called Uncle Adrian. Uncle Adrian also molested other boys whose mothers he mentored. The book is very descriptive and in some parts too much so. The sex/molestation scenes did help with the understanding of Philip's past, but I felt that there was a little too much de ...more
Chella
Ok... this book is definately not for everyone. And if I'm being honest, most would find it repulsive. For me, it was VERY hard to get through it. "Philly" is constantly conjouring up his childhood memories (I mean, why wouldn't he...his brother is dead so he is reminded of his childhood with Billy). However, their lives growing up, and the memories that were made were not the kind a child should remember or a life they should EVER live. For Phillip and Billy, at a very young age their trust is ...more
Lauren
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is heart wrenching. This is for mature readers that are okay with stepping out of your comfort zone and falling into a story. Brothers, Billy and Philly were molested by Uncle Adrian at a very young age, and continued sleeping with one another off and on into their adulthood. After Billy is murdered, Phillip starts to unravel horrible secrets and murders. Phillip decides to solve this on his own for Billy's sake. This book is extremely well written and you become part of the story. Am ...more
Cyndi
Aug 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Devastating, this book is simply devastating. The completely depraved and vile evilness is difficult to believe, even though I know it does exist. The story is long and could do with some very heavy handed editing. I found myself skipping long pages upon pages of descriptions of rooms, furnishings, artwork, architecture and clothing. Overall an entertaining thriller, once you figure out it is okay to skim...
Sebastian
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book three times and have both a kindle and book version of this book. I like all the main characters especially Philip and lush. The story as many twists and turns and is a page turner. There are still a few unanswered questions at the end of the book and would like a sequel.
Jo-Ann Murphy
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book through the Goodreads giveaways. It is the size of a textbook, which made it physically difficult for me to read and made me wonder what I could be getting into.

This book deals with some very difficult and sexually explicit subjects. That almost turned me off but the writing was really very good so I could not stop reading. Thankfully, the explicit sexual situations calmed down after the first few chapters because they were so detailed it was getting to be a bit much.

Many times I
Michael
In this lengthy first mystery, an investigative journalist learns that his gay brother Billy has been murdered. Billy is a successful artist who paints men in sexually provocative positions.

Philip, the protagonist, decides to look into the murder and while he does, we learn about their mother who was a famous artist herself. Her agent, Uncle Adrian, was unscrupulous and was a child predator. He initiated both Billy and Philip into abnormal sexual behavior.

Philip is sent a photo of one of Billy's
Titan
DNF/No star rating. Because this isn't a bad book. If it were, I wouldn't have spent 3-4 months trying to get through it. I just don't have the patience to finish it is all. The wiring is good, the characters are good, the plot line is good; it's the incredible longwindedness of it all that I can't do anymore.

My full review of Blood Brothers can be found at Caps Lock Thinks along with many others.
Susan Lulgjuraj
Oct 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
Awful.

Unbelievable characters.

Writing was far too long (I really don't care that the main character had to take a dump in the morning after he woke up).

This book could have been about 1/2 of the size and maybe it would have been worth reading. In its current state, I cannot recommend this book to anyone.
Monique
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant read. Full review to come
Natalie
May 12, 2013 marked it as to-read
Review and rating to come!!
Jonathan Oag
Nov 17, 2016
Mar 17, 2013
Alexei
Feb 13, 2014
Making Connections: 1282. - BLOOD BROTHERS by Jody Zimmerman 1 18 Jun 07, 2013 06:02AM
Jody Zimmerman is the author of Blood Brother’s, a psychological thriller within the framework of a literary novel. His belief that a good story awakens emotions, excites the senses, and encourages self-exploration has inspired his work as an author.

In addition to his writing, Zimmerman has worked as a process design engineer, a nuclear engineer, an instructor of economics at a junior college, an

News & Interviews