Start by marking “Be with Me (Wait for You, #2)” as Want to Read:
Be with Me (Wait for You, #2)

Be with Me

(Wait for You #2)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  39,082 ratings  ·  2,830 reviews
Published February 4th 2014 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Be with Me, please sign up.
Nicool they have a role and we see a bit of their story, but they are not main characters and we see them only through the perspective of this book's main…morethey have a role and we see a bit of their story, but they are not main characters and we see them only through the perspective of this book's main characters
(less)

·  39,082 ratings  ·  2,830 reviews

Lucia
Mar 07, 2013 marked it as dnf
DNF at 62%

This is how I felt when I found out about this book

And this is my disappointment while reading it

I absolutely love JLA and her YA paranormal series and I adored book #1 in this series - Wait for You - but I have to admit that she lost her touch in this book. Story was not captivating enough and characters were driving me crazy (not in a
Varsha
After reading: Actual rating:4.5 stars
This book was really good! Read it in one sitting and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Jase annoyed me with his hot and cold attitude initially but he grew on me. I adored Theresa and the character growth she undergoes. Loved that we got to see glimpses of Cam and Avery too :D

Update: 29th September 2013

Would you look at that cover?!

Gorgeous!
Wish it was February already.

---------
More teasers:
He shot me a look that scorched. “I wanted to make this perfect. I wanted to wait, but I can’t now.”
---
He closed his eyes a2013
Christy
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

description

Be with Me is the story of Teresa (Tess) and Jase. Jase is Cam’s best friend and Tess is Cam’s little sister. You can see where this is going, right? Although Jase and Tess have had feelings for one another since that shared kiss over a year ago, Jase has stayed away. Now that Tess is on the same college campus as Jase,
Pearl Angeli
It's always a pleasure to read Jennifer Armentrout's books. Her works are simply amazing and are filled with lots of interesting and swoony characters boys. She simply has that writing style that makes everything in the book delightful. I wasn't able to read more books written by her during the past few months after reading White Hot Kiss and now that I've read this novel, I felt refreshed in a way.

Be with Me is quite an enjoyable, guilty-pleasure, New Adult book. It's the second book in the Wait for You series. This time around, we get to discover Jase and Tess's story. Jase is Cam's (from Wait for You) best friend while Teresa is Cam's sister. Their story started off when Tess was sixteen and they kissed accidentally which made the tension between them become more intense as the years went by. Now Teresa is an 18 year old college girl and is trying to move on from her experience with her abusive ex-boyfriend. And Jase, is Jase. A seriously intense, hottie-mc-hotters frat guy who, unfortunately carries some heavy, emotional baggage with him. They meet again because they're now attending the same college and also shares the same class in a particular subject.

I find their love story sweet and emotionally driven. At times, I even find myself pausing for a while because I just have to feel all the feels. There's certainly chemistry between Jase and Tess and I also find their push and pull relationship so cute.

However, I still feel like I love the first book even better than this. Be with Me is quite different compared to Wait for You because Be With Me seems a bit heavier and it's overloaded with too many conflicts and dramas-- which I think, is a major drawback. I love dramas and angst because those are the qualities that made me feel drawn to New Adult books but this book-- there was just too much of it! Both the main characters carry heavy issues that I guess, will never be resolved in just one book. Aside from that, there were also serious issues carried by the secondary characters (Debbie and Erik) which is NOT at all necessary. C'mon, why don't we just focus on Jase and Tess alone? They're already having so many problems and yet, there are nuisances around them which make the overall story even more difficult to take. My emotions are all over the place! It could have been better if the story just focused on the main characters alone. Also, I think the story will be much more beautiful if all the dramas and the conflicts were less overwhelming, because too much of everything isn't good.

In spite of my issues with this book, however, I can say that I still enjoyed it. The romantic scenes between Jase and Tess are sweet and hot. They're definitely one those book couples that make me smile and feel awed just because. :)

Rating:

Pearl's Book Journey (1)

KAS
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'll Take "Drama" for $200, Alex!

Ever since reading Cam and Avery's story in book one of this series, "Wait For You," I was anxious to read about Jace and Teresa. Jace is Cam's best friend, and Teresa is his younger sister. This is a stand alone, but I encourage you to read book one, as I sure wouldn't want you to miss out on Cam and Avery's HEA.

I must admit though, I wish this was written in dual POV's to really delve deeper into Jace's thought process. I would much rather hear the H's
Elena
Dec 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
“Thank you.” His spine lost some of its stiffness as he draped his arm over my shoulders. Tugging me against the shelter of his body, he rested his cheek against the top of my head and sighed.
“Thank you for being here with me.”

Well that was difficult to read.

This was very different than Wait for You. While Wait for You was a passionate and a well-driven novel, Be with Me was so much more different. It shared less passionate romance, it shared way too much drama, and it didn't have any of the expectations I had aft
Patrycja

Release Date: February 4th, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

I love J Lynn’s books, and it’s not a secret. I think I’d read a tour guide if she wrote it. Her novels are just so damn fantastic, it’s very hard not to fall in love with them. Not only Jennifer L Armentrout can write a good damn romNo
stars
2014
Lynn
Release#2
Me
Catarina
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Beautiful Stars.

This books tells us the story of Teresa (Tess) and Jase. As you must remember Tess is Cam’s younger sister and Jase’s his best-friend.
Tess has an abusive ex-boyfriend and since that she was never able to trust a boy again… until Jase. They both has feelings for each other but neither of them acts on them for a long time.
First Tess thinks Jase has afraid of Cam’s reaction since he tends to be a little overprotective. Little being an understatement.
But now they’re at the sam
********SPOILER ALERT******

Man, I'm such a sucker for a good romance.
J. Lynn, I love you girl. Men should read your books and take notes on how to treat a girl.
That being said, I didn't like this book for several reasons. I didn't like the end. So, she can no longer dance and now she's stuck with teaching (which she hates) and that's it? Jase was annoying most of the time and so was she. I just didn't see how they can't be together at all.
I did like how the violence topic wa
Ramona
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I consider "Be with me" the best of the series, although I love the first one, I connected more with this and maybe because of the characters.
Avery was very fragile and vulnerable, but I was in the mood of reading something about a determined and stubborn heroine. Teresa was it:)

The book follows Teresa and Jase, Cam's little sister and best friend.
They have a history together, sharing a kiss some time ago but keeping it friendly after that. Jase was drunk and confused, but Teresa knew what she was doing. She was secr
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 I've Always Wanted You Stars!

photo b0c25714-a3ab-4723-9464-98729f9ee243_zpsff6d2f84.jpg

photo 106fa69f-ca7c-45fd-981c-ae481f1d3d42_zps1a3a2c03.jpg

Teresa Hamilton aka Tess always dreamed of being a dancer until an injury has left her future uncertain. She is now going to have to go with her back up plan, and attend college. She heads to Shepherd where her big brother Cam is going to school. Also attending Shepherd is her brother's best friend Jase Winstead who s
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••

Well.... this is another one for my "I liked it but didn't love it" shelf. Honestly it wasn't a bad read at all, it just pissed me off more than making me smile. Let me rephrase that, Jase pissed me off.

[image error]

It probably is a case of it is just me, my mood..... but dang it, I loved Jace. I really liked Teresa. I wanted to love this story. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel different. But for now, I have to move on and get more to this growing group!!!!! Still loving the series though!!!!

Jodie
Mar 07, 2013 rated it liked it
27/04/2014

Hm, it was OK.

Are my prayers being answered?

Ollie..Jase..Teresa..or Britt?
Anything related to Wait For You?
Sequel?

These are just my speculations

OMG I AM RIGHT *I THINK* IT IS ABOUT....... Teresa Hamilton!
See character description....
Then it will probably be Jase! Woo
Cristina
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second book in the series and I fell in love again. ❤
This book had some black parts and Erik was so cruel, but I’m so happy the ending was happy. And that trio... so cute! Happy family and all that. Perfect!
P. S. I missed Cam and it was so good to read about him again. 😏
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
If we can't get more Cam, then we get the next best thing...Cam's best friend, Jase, and Cam's little sister, Tess.

Likes:

• Tess! I really enjoyed her much more than I thought I would even if she had sex on the brain when Jase was around.

• Jase - I loved getting to see his vulnerable side and I sure didn't see the twist coming.

• Calla - I thought she was great! And I'm really curious about the scar although I think we got a good idea of how she got it. I would love a story about her.

• LOVED getting all the Cam and
Vibha
Mar 19, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: next-up
Update June 18th-What?!!2014?!That's tooo long :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Love can heal. Love can also kill."
.............................................
OMFG.

Teresa's story?With whom?Jase?!!

I want,need,desire,require whatever this NOW!!

Just give us a release date and put me out of my misery already!

P.S-If its Teresa's story,please give us some tidbits on Cam and Avery's life even.
Michelle
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 01-signed
4 Cupcake Stars

Teresa has always had one dream, simply to dance. But when she injures her knee she's on to plan B, attending college, the same college that Cam, Avery and Jase attend. She's been harboring feelings for her brother's best friend ever since that night that he kissed her a year ago, the night that he took her mind off of the abusive relationship she escaped and the events that would change her brother's life.

4 Cupcake Stars

Jase can't seem to stop his attraction to Tess, his life is far too complicated though for him to allow himself to fall for this girl. Saddled with his own secrets and fears of what loving someone can do; he pushes Tess away. But he can only push so much until he is dragging her back.

Both Jase and Tess have their own struggles they'll have to deal with. Her injury has taken away so much already and things just seem to get worse. As for Jase, his secret is not just a painful memory, but a daily reminder. When they're pushed to their limits they finally are forced to face their feelings. Letting go isn't as simple as he thought it would be when his heart wants her to stay.

Jennifer set the bar pretty high with Cam and those damn cookies, so Jase had a lot to live up to. He fell a little bit short for me, but I still enjoyed this story. I love the little sister/best friend romances and loved that we finally got to know Jase. His big reveal was a tad bit predictable, for those that have read each of the books in this series - I guess that most were already sorting this out pretty early on. But that did not diminish the story for me one bit.

Tess was a likable all the way around - she wasn't overly insecure and she knew what she wanted from the start. I love when the heroine is more on the stable side of things even when things in her life seem to be heading south. As for Jase, he was broken... but not enough for my taste. I wanted either the angst that comes with the man-whore or the damage that comes from past trauma... he was just a little banged up - I like them shattered.

I adore Jennifer's writing style and how she develops the story. As a reader, you just can't go wrong when it comes to selecting something from this author. Did I want a bit more to this story? Yes. I wanted Jase to blow Cam out of the water... but that was not the case this time around. And although this can be read as a stand alone, you'll get more of a complete picture if you read the prior books in the series.

We are also introduced to Calla, who is an intriguing character. I am hoping that she'll end up with Brandon who seems to be just a tad bit damaged.
Geri Reads
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Cupcake stars!

I devoured this book in one sitting.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Be With Me is Teresa and Jase's story. Jase is Cam's bestfriend and Teresa is Cam's sister. Sounds really simple and predictable, right? But it's really not. Sometimes, it's simple stories like these that can trip an author up. But not Jennifer Armentrout. In fact, some of her most unforgettable stories, at least for me, follows pretty much a simple patter of boy meets girl and they fal
nicklein
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: companion-books
Squeezing in as many books as I can before going back to uni.

This was an awesome, quick and heart-pounding read. The story was unpredictable. The writing was witty and fun. The romance made my eyes rolled out of its sockets a couple of times but it turned out great and made me turn green with jealousy. Oh, and it had a bit of suspense too.

I had a love and hate relationship with Jase though. But he's redeemed.

What more can I say about a Jennifer Armentrout book that h
Aestas Book Blog
Mar 10, 2013 marked it as to-read
OMIGOSH!! I WANT THIS BOOK!!! This is the second book in the Wait For You series!

Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn’t spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.

Jase Winstead has a hu
Jacqueline's Reads
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
4 Super Cute Stars

I really like this series and although Be With Me didn’t leave me shocked and awed like Wait for You, I still enjoyed Be with Me a lot.

Teresa is your typical college gal. She’s in love with her brother’s best friend and knows Jase will never be with her. Jase has past issues and because of that he doesn’t let anyone get close to him. Now, that Teresa is in college and they go to school together, it’s harder for Jase to keep Teresa at arm’s length.

This book is super cute, it’s a no fuss, no
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-the-kindle
I think because Cameron Hamilton and his damn cookies were met first...there was pretty high bar set, so although I love Jase and Tess...it wasnt as fabulous as book 1!

This however does not take away how much I truly liked this. Jase and Tess's tale has a much harsher feel to it, a more emotional tone, and definitely more intense themes. There was still a bit of humor and good banter, but again...more complex/intense characers!

I really like Jase...

I really like Jase...

How truly heartbreaking his past is. He is a big bad teddy bear, he struggles so hard to do the right thing at all times, but his heart is so big and he really, really wants his best friend's little sister! His passion and his needs/wants for Tess were super, hot and sensual...this man has to have the worst case of blue balls ever experienced! That or he has the patience of an absolute saint!

As for Tess...this beautiful little broken dancer....

I was kind of in the middle with her...I will acknowledge the fact that she was young, and that she has had a forever crush on Jase, but she was bit drama for me with about everything. I felt bad for all the shit she had dumped on her from her injury, past abusive relationship, and traumatic roomie experiences. I did appreciated her all out attitude towards Jase, but I just felt she was too young to really "know" what her future would be, esp after losing her dreams!

But both were inherently good...both were a balm to each other's souls. One young and naïve...one older and experienced, but both on a level playing field.

That being said, i am still a fan of this series! I love Jase and his pink cupcake boxes, and I hope he and Tess make it...i guess time will tell! I am really hoping Ollie gets some love...and Calla is an amazing character i think should def be explored!

Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
I remember loving more Teresa and Jase's story, let's see if it is still true.
♥Sharon♥
Sep 26, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Well this is another one for my "I liked it but didn't love it" shelf. It wasn't a bad read really, I just never really fell in love with both Jase and Tess and all that was going on with them.

It probably is a case of it is just me, my mood etc....
Caitlin
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read, 2-stars
Update: dropping this one back from a 3 to a 2 because a 3 was too generous.

Be with Me was a book I went in with low expectations because it seemed to be a book a lot of my friends didn't like. Those expectations were basically fulfilled because this book was quick, easy and nice but it definitely wasn't anything amazing.

Be with Me follows the love story of Jase and Teresa who have basically just been obsessed with each other since they first kissed a year ago. However, Jase is best friends/>Be
Didi
~~~ 4 STARS OR 7/10 ~~~

I really liked this. I liked it more than Wait For You, but again, with only 5 potential stars to give, a 4 star rating is never the same. So a higher 4 stars than the previous book in the series. The worst part is I couldn't remember Jase. I scanned Wait For You and still couldn't remember.
But after I finished I couldn't BELIEVE I didn't remember this man! He was intense and hot and funny and sweet...I could go on and on.

Jase as I shamefully remem
Jen
This is book #2 in the "Wait for you" series, and it is about the sister from the hero in the last book. Teresa has a major crush on Jase, who is her brother's best friend. They are both attracted to each other, but they try to hide it from Cam for a long time.. This story though, is about way more than just that. It has some very heavy and emotional topics that come up. In fact, I have to say that considering Teresa is 18, and Jase is 22...they are dealt with major blows in their life. I was ve ...more
Jana (My Messy Chapters)
Loved it way more than WAIT FOR YOU. Love Jase and Tess <3

Full review to come soon.
Rose
Initial reaction: Dude, I have some complaints about this. The audio reading is fine, but there are moments of cheese and underdevelopment. Review to come.

Full review:

Have you ever picked up a book where you appreciate the story being told for what it offers, but find you hate the way it's told? That pretty much sums up my reaction to J. Lynn's second book in the "Wait for You" series - "Be With Me." I knew the story being told in this route, knew exactly where it would go. I even thought it had/>Full
ambsreads
Be With Me is the second book in the Wait For Me series but is able to be read as a stand alone novel. Again, this is another re-read for me so I knew the twists (which are damn obvious) and I knew how absolutely annoying the characters were.

This book took me a while to finish the first time I read it because I never felt a connection between the character, despite the fact I read this particular book at a faster pace this time it didn't make the connection magically appear between the characters.
Do you think Teresa is weak because she didnt tell anyone anything when Jermey abused her? 1 4 Apr 14, 2019 03:46PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Be With Me by J. Lynn-Starting Nov 14th 2017 10 11 Nov 29, 2017 02:45PM
Books like this 3 116 Feb 10, 2015 01:58PM
Cam or Jase ??? 19 235 Jan 07, 2015 01:58PM
The Challenge Fac...: Vicci & Sadie - Be with Me 39 27 Sep 16, 2014 01:44PM
Goodreads Reviewe...: This topic has been closed to new comments. 5 chapters of Be with Me 1 12 Jan 23, 2014 02:29PM

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #3)
  • My Sweetest Escape (My Favorite Mistake, #2)
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • White Trash Love Song (White Trash Trilogy, #3)
  • Façade (Games, #2)
  • Perfect Regret (Bad Rep, #2)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • Accept Me (Wrecked, #3)
  • Mended (Connections, #3)
  • Rival (Fall Away, #2)
  • The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2)
  • Untitled (The Dark Duet Spinoff)
  • Wild Child (The Wild Ones, #1.5)
  • Near and Far (Lost & Found, #2)
  • Finding It (Losing It, #3)
  • A Little Too Hot (A Little Too Far, #3)
  • Tease (The Ivy Chronicles, #2)
A pseudonym for Jennifer L. Armentrout.

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard about her state aren’t true.

Well, mostly. When she's not hard at work writing, she spends her time, reading, working out, watchin

Wait for You (6 books)
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • Forever with You (Wait for You, #5)
  • Fire in You (Wait for You, #6)
“I love you like I love cupcakes.” 63 likes
“My spine straightened as I gaped at him. “Are you fucking serious?”
He blinked once and then narrowed his eyes. “You don’t need to cuss.”
“I’ll fucking cuss if I want to fucking cuss,” I snapped. “Fucker.”
55 likes