Start by marking “The Professional (The Game Maker, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Professional (The Game Maker, #1)

The Professional

(The Game Maker #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  16,870 ratings  ·  1,494 reviews
He makes the rules...

Mafiya enforcer Aleksei “The Siberian” Sevastyan’s loyalty to his boss knows no bounds, until he meets the boss’s long-lost daughter, a curvy, feisty redhead who haunts his mind and heats his blood like no other. Ordered to protect her, Aleksei will do anything to possess her as well—on his own wicked terms.

Rules are made to be broken…

Grad student Nata
Published May 6th 2014 by Simon & Schuster UK

To ask other readers questions about The Professional, please sign up.
Angie If you get the audible version (at least as of today), it is broken up into 3 parts.

·  16,870 ratings  ·  1,494 reviews

Start your review of The Professional (The Game Maker, #1)
Sammy Loves Books
Holy Fucking Hell. This Russian Enforcer is a
Panty Soaking Machine!!!

guns

Alexandr Sevastyan (pronounced Sebastian with a v) is a Russian Mafia Enforcer.
He's also a dirty talking Alpha. Sex on a stick!!

alexandr

Alexander lives a life of extremes. Extreme violence, loyalty, and vigilance. Sevastyan is sent to Nebraska to locate and protect his boss' daughter but he is not prepared for what he feels upon seeing her. He becomes obsessed with possessing her and making her his. But he knows such a move would be
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁
DNF at 60%.

I've gone back to this book half a dozen times at least in the last week (or two?), and I just can't make it any farther.

THE PROFESSIONAL by Kresley Cole is utterly ridiculous.

The characters are unbelievable . . . and that's about it for me, completely unbelievable characters:

Natalie/Natalya: A graduate student, VIRGIN *rolls eyes* who comes equipped with a "manalyzer"--her powers of observation and psychoanalysis are such that a mere glance at a man can tell her everything she need
Pam
5+++ dangerously erotic stars
“Ty sozdana dlya menya .” You were made for me.”

I read this book when it was initially offered in three parts, and as much as I was jonesing for the next part I didn't have to wait long as there was only a months' lag between the books. I listed the links to my three separate reviews below along with a favorite quote and pic :))

The Professional: Part 1 review:
“Understand me, girl, I will eliminate any thre
P
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
“I’ll consider myself lucky, my elusive girl, once you consider yourself taken. Every man has a weakness; you are mine. I’ve accepted that. Now you must accept me.”

I expected nothing from this book, so I ended up liking it so much. Sevastyan has been stalking Natalie for days or so, he wants to find something about her that I didn't know then. The tension was abundant there I wanted to swoon over. Sevastyan brings Natalie to his world of blood, guns and ummm pleasures. I loved the chemistry
Beverly
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was looking for something hot and steamy, but with an engaging plot, I definitely found it in The Professional. This is my first Kresley Cole book, but I have been wanting to read them for months. If you are like me take my advise and jump in, you won’t regret it.

Natalie Porter is graduate student and lives her simple, safe life. She is an observer, she makes her observations but rarely takes a chance. Her life completely changes when her biological father finds her after years of her searchi
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
May 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Fifty Shades Of Gray fans
I was ambivalent about reading this but since I got my ARC from NetGalley I'll be trying it this week!

****************25/04/2014 UPDATE****************

I'm a huge fan of the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole so when I saw this book in NetGalley I decided to give it a shot. That was a mistake.

Plotwise the book is very similar to many of her IAD books. Sadly I can't forgive as many things in Contemporary Romance as I do in Paranormal.

The heroine has displayed zero sense so far in the boo
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this one better the second time around. I read more depth into it than I assessed the first time.

Not my favorite of the bunch but definitely still a compliment to the series.
Shurrn
Meh...
Maybe it was just me?
Were my expectations too high?
I'd never been in a situation like this.
A sexual situation I didn't control. I was embroiled in dangerous circumstances with a mysterious stranger, but I felt no fear. I felt... anticipation. And I suspected the lack of control was fueling it. Was danger turning me on?
This is a 3.5 Star read for me... But I'm hoping that Kresley Cole will continue the series. I think that if I could have a second book (with a bit more charact
Sophia Triad

I believe that every romance writer should take a few useful pointers on how to write Alpha males romance novels by reading Kresley Cole’ s books. Especially in her Game Maker series, she describes three top notch Alpha males who
1. They do everything for their female
2. They know their female the second they lay eyes on her
3. They never let her go
4. They make her feel absolutely unique and special
5. They provi
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont Romance
Series : - Book 1 in the series.
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 4 stars.

★Review★

I actually read this in the 3 separate parts, but one after the other, as on Amazon at the time, it was cheaper to buy it in 3 separate bits as opposed to 1 entire book. But since I cbb
Melanie
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Melanie by: Paloma *The Romance Queen*
“A trusted right-hand man and a treasured daughter?”

I'm not going write up a big, long review for this, but I still want to put some of my thoughts down for you all. But mostly I just want to say: this book was exactly what I needed! It was so hot, so steamy, so sexy, and it was 100% what I was in the mood for.

“Hanging out in a sensual sauna, naked, with an off-limits enforcer who happened to make my mouth water: what could possibly go wrong?”

Like, exactly what I needed.
Kirsten
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars!

photo image.jpg1_zpsarkxrozg.jpg

The Professional was quite unexpected. I think because of the mafia influence, I was thinking it would be a thrilling ride with violent implements. I was surprised that that this took a back seat, and was a more about the realistic growth of two individuals, their relationship, and sexual proclivities.

Twenty-four year old, Natalie Porter has spent the last six years in search of her biological parents. When she can't come in contact with the investigator that was helping her, s
Violina The Romance Lover
4 "The Siberian" stars

“A body like that was good for two things that started with F. And fighting was the other one.”

This book was quite the ride! I have it on my Kindle for ever and it took me to see one awesome review to make me read it - and I do not regret a thing!

Mafia, guns, romance, lust, sex, family, action - all was packed in this book! I was hooked from the first page to the last!

Each chapter makes you want to continue reading and not to stop till you are finish wit
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
* PART 1 - 5 stars

“Heading off to a Russian gangsterland.
With a twisted enforcer who’s hotter than the sun.
What could possibly go wrong?”
- Natalie Marie Porter

* * *
“Shame is more painful than blows.”
- Aleksandr Sevastyan "The Siberian"

* PART 2 - 4.5 stars

“In a dim part of my brain, I recognized that he’d set me up to be punished, that it was always going to fall to this—because he played games.
Was he playing for higher stakes than I could afford to lose?”
(Natalie Marie Porter)

* * *
“You and I
Janie
I can't believe how late I am to this party!! I'm not going to rehash what the book is about as the blurb and many other reviews do a great job of that.

As I was reading i was thinking that Aleksandr was just cold and closed off and I didn't see any major changes. Then about halfway through I realized that wasn't really the case. Those were the things he portrayed on the outside but even without his pov I realized he was showing his feelings for Natalie through actions that she was having a hard
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Review posted: 15.04.2016 (edited 10.05.2016)

“How could I close you out when I never let you in?”

I'm a bit undecided on the rating...simply because I actually liked the book in the beginning. I mean, it started out really good, with Aleksei Sevastyan being awesome. In fact, he was hot, but as the story went on...well, he turned out, in my head, weak? He was insecure and so...unsure of himself. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against those who are that, I am that myself, but when
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Kresley Cole Fans, Romance
3.5 There Has To Be A Beginning Of A Series Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
I have this habit of seeing my friends' reviews float by and cause all sorts of curiosity about the books they just reviewed.

A. That means I have really talented friends who know how to write fantastic, teasing reviews.
B. These reviews make me want to read the books whether I have read the first one in a series...or not.
C. Sometimes, the reviews say the first installments are not needed in order to enjoy the book I am lea
Snow
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 "It-was-pre-destined-for-us-to-meet" stars

This was so good, I had to unexpectedly drop my other BR for which I apologise and promise to make up for...I'm a weak lusty woman compelled to indulge into her own carnal desires by re-living vicariously through MCs in scorching hot, sexy stories and then (view spoiler) yes, that's how much those stories affect me...

and so did this one...following the storyline of a yo
Jacqueline
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rare-2016
Oh I do enjoy a good alpha possessive billionaire tale. This billionaire ran the Russian mafia and was a true badass so it was Bob-on for my tastes.

She's an all-American farm girl who stumbles into a world of incredible wealth and violence when she goes searching for her roots. He takes one look at her and he's growling at her in Russian and glowering at anyone else with his steely gaze.

Naturally enough he's into bdsm and she's a virgin so while that made for some delicious tension and scorchin
Amanda
Woah! The foreplay and the sex in this one is freaking off the chart HOT! I love the BDSM element that was added in here and the approach they have on this topic itself. We have a heroine who is fascinated with the first taste she got in this lifestyle, and a hero who was in dilemma whether he should indulge in it or not. Although we have the Russian mob as the background story, this is very much a character driven romance, so there isn't much suspense or detail into the mobster work.

Natalie Po
Kitten Mercer
Three words: Hot. As. Fuck.

Can I just say that I freaking love Kresley Cole? Author, you rock. I loved you in your MacCarrick Brothers series and you writing a contemporary book just proved how much of a great erotic writer you are. *bows down*

As for this book, I admit I'm a bit at loss for words. When I started reading this I had a brief feeling of certainty that it wouldn't hold my interest. But you know those books that started boring as hell but eventually kept getting better and better? Wel
Geri Reads
May 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 okay stars!

I had high hopes for this book and I was very excited that I finally got to read it.

Natalie was fun and her "manlyzer" was awesome. Plus, she had Jess, her BFF who knows her ABC (Always be Crazier) down to a tee.

Then there's Sevastyan.

The brooding, mysterious Russian who is sent by Natalie's biological father to protect her. He was an intriguing character plus the chemistry between Natalie and Sevastyan was smoking hot. I was ready for hot. Not to mention the fact that
Mandy
4.75

Really enjoyed this one! Great story that was laugh-out-loud hilarious at times, a little bit sad other times and a whole LOT of hot and sexy! I'm not normally a fan of BDSM books but this one worked for me and I really loved it!
Mizuki
I could have enjoyed this book in a guilt pleasure kind of way, but the douchebag male lead really destroyed things for me.

I mean, I'm alright with books which are aimed to help their readers to jerk off and fantasize about hitting it off with hot guys...there's no shame in it, and as usual Kresley Cole delivered one smoking hot sex scene/BDSM scene after another, however, the relationship between the male and female leads just has to suck major ass so whatever fantasy I could have enjoyed now l
Melanie A.
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Melanie by: Anne Boleyn's Ghost
Shelves: smutastic, scribd
4.5 STARS!
"For a submissive, you can be extremely aggressive."
Lots of well-written, TRASHY fun! :D

There are about a million reviews for this one, so I'll spare you the plot recap and just head into why The Professional was such a winner for me:

✔ kick- ass, hilariously pragmatic heroine who was a total riot
I, Natalie Porter, had gotten my rocks off while being spanked. And I was going to roll with it.
✔dark, broody, manipulative hero who was a serious badass
His
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
***Arc provided via Netgalley in exchange for honest review***

This review is posted on Way Too Hot Books.

Kresley Cole is one of my favorite authors when it comes to the paranormal genre with her Immortals After Dark series and that's why I was super excited to read this book. It started out promising, I liked the idea, it had potential, but unfortunately soon enough I could see that this won't be one of my favorite reads by her and here's why:

The things I actually liked about thi
CC
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Re-read via audible

Such a great book. I love the characters, the emotion, the development of the relationship, everything about it! There is really hot, steamy, smutty sex, there is also some angst, some drama, suspense, and romance. My only wish would be a tiny bit from the Hero's perspective. And maybe a little more epilogue.

The narrator did a very good job! I already loved this book and that has not changed. For audible listeners, it unfortunately comes in 3 parts.

Just to reaffirm - this book
Cami
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 "Milaya" Stars!!!

Aleksandr "The Siberian" Sevastyan is sexy AF!!!!! This book is HOT…HOT….HOT!!!!

I don’t know what I was expecting from this book but it wasn’t what I got. I didn’t even read the synopsis ahead of time and just wanted to read a Kresley Cole book.

This has action and suspense and about half way through the book my heart was crushed by something that happened but I still enjoyed the book.

Sevastyan is seriously damaged by things that happened to him when he was young but it se

• The Bloody Bride (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #1)
  • Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes, #1)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Principessa of Chicago (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #2)
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Bound by Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #2)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #3)
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes, #2)
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles, #3)
  • The Rocchetti Queen (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #3)
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles, #2)
  • Ruthless People (Ruthless People, #1)
  • The Mafia And His Angel: Part 1 (Tainted Hearts, #1)
  • Bound by Temptation (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #4)
  • The Maddest Obsession (Made #2)
  • Your Dad Will Do (A Touch of Taboo #1)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo

The Game Maker (3 books)
  • The Master (The Game Maker, #2)
  • The Player (The Game Maker, #3)