Start by marking “The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Redemption of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #2)

The Redemption of Callie & Kayden

(The Coincidence #2)

4.10  ·  Rating details ·  46,636 ratings  ·  3,039 reviews
From the New York Times bestselling author of The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden comes an emotional new story about two troubled souls sharing one all-encompassing love . . .

The dark secret Kayden has kept hidden for years is finally out. Worse, he's facing charges for battery. The only way to clear his name is for Callie to speak up-something he'll never ask her to
Published July 30th 2013 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Redemption of Callie & Kayden, please sign up.
Kristen Rein Yes and no. It wouldn't be a huge deal if you did skip it but at the same time there may be parts of others that don't fit 100%.
If you like this…more
If you like this Author I would recommend the Nova and Quinton books to start. (less)

·  46,636 ratings  ·  3,039 reviews

Jessica Sorensen
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Ebook will be released tomorrow, July 30th :)
Aestas Book Blog
NEW COVER REVEAL!!!

GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE RELEASE DATE!! The one you see there for Feb 11, 2014 is for the PAPERBACK!! The eBook will be released much earlier and we'll have a fixed date very soon :) YAYYY!!!

EDIT (just after finishing book #1) -->
Holy brutal fucking cliffhanger!!
Please please pleeeease let this book have an early release.
Tomorrow would be good.
Or today.
I'll take either one.
I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS DAMMIT!!!

If you have already read book #1 and want a leeeetle relief, check out this TYAYYY!!!
Annie Brewer
So, I'm not gonna do a big review yet, but I will say it's worth the wait. I loved this book! I loved Kayden Owens and his amazing heart! I loved Callie and her will not to give up where Kayden's concerned. They're truly a beautiful couple together. They're strong and flawed but their imperfections make them real and I loved it. I lalalalala-LOVE Luke. He's such a badass and just awesome! Seth is also an incredible character and friend. I really loved this continuation of Callie and Kayden.

But.
Christy
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Beautiful and Healing Stars!!!
 photo 059283b5-7d9d-4720-bb76-b0402e935102_zpsb3e0c350.jpg

In ‘The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden’, Callie Lawrence was saved by Kayden Owens. Now Kayden may be the one who needs saving...

It’s been 7 months and 14 days since I’ve read ‘The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden’. It was easily one of my favorite books of 2012. And we all know it had one helluva cliffhanger! Well,
Jodie
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review

‘I’m looking into his eyes and he’s looking into mine and I wonder if maybe it wasn’t coincidence that brought me to him that night in front of the pool house. Maybe it was fate that guided me there so I could save him and he could save me and then it could lead us here to this moment where we are both completely content and free and glad we’re alive.’
- Callie, THE REDEMPTION OF CALLIE AND KAYDEN

If I were good in finding romantic images that resembled Callie and Kayden, I would have pasted my review full with it. B
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just loved it...Love that Kayden!! Full review to come

Brandie
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received an ARC from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

I can't even begin to describe all of the emotions this book made me feel while I read it. Not to mention I couldn't put it down. This was the PERFECT sequel.

If you haven't read The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden - then please read no further.

We begin book two with Kayden in the hospital and Callie is not allowed to visit him. Unable to tell the truth about what really happened,
Jenny Levine
02.28.13

I NEED THIS BOOK ASAP!!!
HURRY UP!!!
Anna

5 stars !!! I loved this book HARD !!!

Kayden

"I can't really do anything with you right now." ~ its the stupidest thing that's ever left my lips, but it needs to be said. She deserves better than the broken piece of shit that I am.

You need to walk away from me. PLEASE, walk away.

Kayden ! What a beautiful soul ! There was something about Kayden's story that took hold of my heart from page one of The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) by Jessica Sorensen aclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
"I
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Cut one star for the stupid, rushed and abrupt ending.. I mean seriously author, we read for the endingings!!
Hope their 3rd book comes out ASAP!!
Beverly
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Redemption picks up with Kayden in a mental health facility, and Callie lost and confused about how to help him. Kayden cares about Callie and wants to protect her at all costs. He knows he is damaged and the last thing he wants for her to bring her down with him, but Callie doesn’t want Kayden to withdraw and protect her. Callie cares about Kayden wants to be there for him to help him.

Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

5 soul touching stars!

"You don’t forget. You just move past it. Let go. Be who you were supposed to be instead of who they make you feel like you should be.”

You know when you are following a series and you left with a horrible cliffy from book 1? Sometimes you cannot wait for book 2, sometimes you don't care and forget about it...?

Well let me tell you that this book is one that definitely cannot be forgottenstars!
Debbie
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
07.03.13

4.5 Stars

I feel like I say this about every Jessica Sorensen book I read but I swear this woman puts me through a gamut of emotions. Redemption of Callie & Kayden was one of my most anticipated sequels of 2013 and I don't even know if I can grasp everything that happened or begin to explain to you how I felt. My thoughts and feelings are in a complete cluster f*ck right now. I cant even.

*Full Review to Come
** ARC provided by Publishe07.03.13
4.5
Nitzan Schwarz
Dec 19, 2012 marked it as lost-interest  ·  review of another edition
OH MY FUCKING GOD.
Thank goodness there is a sequel. I all but died inside when I real the ending of The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden.
I literally didn't know what I'll do with myself if there isn't a second book.
Catarina
5 Amazing redeeming starts!!

I’ve waited months for this book and in the end of reading it the only thing I have to say is: Totally worth the wait!!

description

“I wish for happiness in a world full of sorrow. “

After that horrible and crazy cliffhanger in the end of the first book, things aren’t looking pretty for Callie and Kayden.
She doesn’t know how to help him and can’t even see him which doesn’t help with her own problems that seem to aggravate during the time Kayden’s closed in a mental facility.
But although Kayden
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
I NEED THIS FREAKING BOOK, LIKE I NEED MY NEXT FREAKING BREATH!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
♥Rachel♥
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Redemption of Callie and Kayden was a brilliant sequel to their story!

The story picks up right at the horrible ending of The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden and took me on a journey of healing and love. Kayden is so broken when we first see him again and Callie is in a turmoil over what happened. These two are the perfect combination and when one is lacking strength and conviction the other steps in to bolster their resolve, confidence and courage. This romance was one of my favorites to d
Pearl Angeli
"You saved me from a lifetime of self-loathing and torture. You saved me from myself, from my pain, from the painful, lonely future I'd set up for myself."

(Finally made a review. :D)

I finished this book weeks ago and I rated it 5 stars. Why? because it's simply beautiful!

The Redemption of Callie and Kayden is way too intense, touching, and emotional compared to the first book The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden. There is so much to love in this sequel. I really feel the emoti
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
Before diving into this, I tried to push away that gnawing voice and it's plaguing whispers of it's just another cliche, IT'S JUST ANOTHER CLICHE to the back of my head and carry on- and I believe it worked. Although the main issues this novel deals with have no direct relation to me, I still found myself forming a weird connection to it; my guess is it's because of how shitty parents can really be sometimes. It also kind of made me realize that I haven't got it too bad.

Another reason why
*.Amaia.* BlackMagicRose
5 Let-Go-Of-The-Past beautiful STARS!!

Smiley face

There is something about this story that makes it perfect for me, one of my favourites. I don't really know how to express it, it's simply that all this suffering and injustice clashes with an incredible beauty and creates a perfect mix that I don't wanna stop reading.
Witnessing how these characters, especially Kayden and Callie, survive, learn and love is amazing.

5 Let-Go-Of-The-Past beautiful STARS!!

****This review contains spoilers from book 1****

Smiley face

Book two starts right after Kayden was stabbed by his father and he tried to cut his wrists to make it all go away. Fortunately, Callie got there in time and Kayden was lucky to be taken to the hospital.

But terrible desperate acts have consequences... and sometimes the tough part comes when you have to survive, and face your feelings, your thoughts, your fears and your future.

"I don't believe in luck though, and I'm not even sure I believe that surviving means I'm lucky."

This book goes deeper into both Kayden and Callie's feelings. What started in book one is taken to a higher level here. We meet a completely devastated Kayden, full of self-loathing, but we also meet a stronger Callie in this book.

Smiley face

They are the only ones who can save each other from their past...

Smiley face

But fear from telling the truth, from making it finally real is stopping them...

Smiley face

This is a story about two people who have been hurt so bad that they are afraid to feel anything or face their feelings. Surviving a traumatic experience doesn't mean you are safe, doesn't mean you are alive. It's all about learning to love yourself, to feel worthy, to have hope and find your reason to live. It's all about redemption.

Smiley face

Can't forget to mention both Seth and Luke, awesome secondary characters I love almost as much as the heroes *.*

*************************************
About the ending:
(view spoiler)

☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
I was going back and forth trying to decide whether to give this book a 4 or 5. I've decided on 5 but really thinking it as:

4.75/5

The second installment of the The Coincidence series started after the major cliffhanger at the end of The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden where Kayden was so broken and Callie devastated from seeing him like that. Kayden is charged for battery and realizes that the only way to get out of it is for Callie to tell what had happened. Instead of making h/>
Paula

After reading the first book in the series, The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this installment. The cliffhanger left me stunned. I was reeling from shock. And I was literally choked up. Jessica Sorenson delivers another emotional story that left me satisfied… but with mixed feelings.

The Redemption of Callie and Kayden picks up where book one left off. Kayden is in the hospital after his abusive father stabbed him. Kayden is trying to recover from the trauma but f/>The
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
"I can't do this without you." ~ Callie

"….fear owned me." ~ Callie

After reading the Coincidence of Callie and Kayden for the first time in February, I was left reeling from the cliff hanger...aghhh!!! How could the author be so crawl and finish the book at, what felt like, the middle of a chapter? I was even a little angry, not like me at all!!!

Then along comes the sequel, The Redemption of Callie & Kayden and all is right in my book world again. It was so worth the wait, the anticipation;
Anna Banana
3.5 stars!

I don't know...I feel kind of let down. After waiting almost two years to finally pick up this book up, I was expecting...more.

I don't know what it is with this author and always trying to milk a damn story. It can never be just two books. Everything ended but it ended in a weird place. Things are still up in the air, which she obviously did on purpose so now she can write another two books about them. I don't feel like there needs to be another book on them, this book should have been enoug
Zizz
Dec 14, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3-3.5stars

Jessica Sorensen has a way with words and creates amazing characters. She seems to have trouble following up amazing books though.

The Redemption of Callie and Kayden was not as terrible as The Forever of Ella and MIcah. But it wasn't all that either. Considering where we left off from the first book (which was incredible btw), this sequel seemed so anti-climactic. It felt like it just sputtered and never really had a life of its own.

The first 60% dragged with the two brok
Jennifer Trent
Come on, out with it! I will seriously lose interest in about a week and forget all about the Coincidence, which was on par with Twilight (my fave ever), and then i wont remember for five years and that would suck. So either put it out or give us a real date or just put out another teaser that says he died so I can move on with my life already, thank you.
Mary Mckeever
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Please hurry. I am not good in dealing with angst. I need to know what is happening! Please also write a story about Luke and Seth? They each deserve to have their own stories. They are both such powerful characters!

Update: A-frickin-mazing! So good, but holy hell can we say cliff hanger! I hope Caleb's butt roasts and Kaydens dad gets what's coming to him! Being on book 3!
Cindy Ann
Jan 01, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't a bad book but not a great one either. As with the last Jessica Sorensen book the secret of Ella and Micha there wasn't an ending but just a "see how this finishes in 2013" and leaves with a major cliffhanger. It comes down to booksellers being more specific in the description about what is a series versus a book. I just think people will get frustrated reading through an entire book to want to know the ending to get to it to find that yup, you will have to wait half a year to figure ...more
Macha
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-the-ebook
4.5 '’ Where the leaves go ’’ stars!

This is the book I was waiting for. After that major cliffhanger in The coincidence of Callie and Kayden… I couldn’t wait to start this one!

I wouldn’t say I was disappointed… It was an excellent book, but I guess I had huge expectations. I still consider the first one: My Favorite book ever in the whole wide world… This was just an ‘’ excellent ‘’ book for me… not a ‘’ OMG I want to rip my heart open ‘’ book.

Callie and Kayden had their share of bad experiences…

This book i

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Façade (Games, #2)
  • Near and Far (Lost & Found, #2)
  • Consumed (Devoured, #2)
  • One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2)
  • Cloud Walking (Find You in the Dark, #1.5)
  • Finding Chase (Chasing Nikki, #2)
  • Simple Perfection (Rosemary Beach, #6; Perfection, #2)
  • The Game Changer (The Perfect Game, #2)
  • Breaking the Wrong (Sloan Brothers, #2)
  • Falling into Us (Falling, #2)
  • Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)
  • Jet (Marked Men, #2)
  • The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Bring Me Home (Shattered Hearts, #4)
  • Glass Hearts (Hearts, #2)
  • Finding Never (Tasting Never, #2)
Jessica Sorensen is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author from the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.

The Coincidence (7 books)
  • The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #1)
  • The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #3)
  • The Probability of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #4)
  • The Certainty of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #5)
  • The Resolution of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #6)
  • Seth & Greyson (The Coincidence, #7)
“There is something about someone trusting you enough with their secrets that it makes it easier to trust them. It’s like they’re opening their heart and in return yours should open up to them, too.” 156 likes
“But I trusted him once and I decide to do it again. I just pray to God he doesn’t shove me down and break me, because I’m already in too many pieces and I just don’t know how much more breaking I can take.” 88 likes