Start by marking “One Simple Change: Surprisingly Easy Ways to Transform Your Life” as Want to Read:
One Simple Change: Surprisingly Easy Ways to Transform Your Life

One Simple Change: Surprisingly Easy Ways to Transform Your Life

Small changes add up!

We all want to look and feel better, and One Simple Change shows us how. In this wellness guide, Healthy Green Kitchen blogger Winnie Abramson compiles 50 small changes that readers can easily make to improve their everyday well-being. Abramson—who has a doctorate in naturopathic medicine—throws fad diets out the door in favor of age-old culinary
Published December 3rd 2013 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about One Simple Change, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Simple Change

Start your review of One Simple Change: Surprisingly Easy Ways to Transform Your Life
Robert Beveridge
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: The very gullible.
Shelves: finished, cle-pub-lib
Winnie Abramson, One Simple Change: Surprisingly Easy Ways to Transform Your Life (Chronicle, 2013)

I keep picking up books along these lines and being disappointed by them. You'd think by now I would know better, but I still suffer from what seems to be a fundamental illness—believing that it is possible to write a self-help book that doesn't come from the same sources. A sane one, in other words. There's also the problem that I keep listening to the media and the public when it comes to
Kazen
Feb 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
"One Simple Change" a week, Abramson says, and you'll be on your way to healthy living. While some of the early tips could be implemented in a week and make complete sense ("Stop Dieting", "Get a Good Night's Sleep", "Move Your Body") they get much harder (go gluten free) as the book goes on. "Cook More", she says, but doesn't give many tips other than to... cook more. Oh, and a recipe for stock. Um, thanks.

It's clear that if you are eating anything other than organic, grass-fed, pastured,
Diah R
May 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
3 stars

This book could be summed up as a condensed, but complete, guides for a healthier lifestyle from all the 'gurus' that you've seen/read. Also an easy read for someone who doesn't want to complicate their life, but wanting to be healthier (read: me). I believe not all advices will resonate with all readers at first, and few things are harder to do. Things such as eating locals and making your home eco-friendly will work if you already halfway to a cleaner environment. Nonetheless, still a
Micah
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
I believe the intentions here were good, but overall this book fell short. I could have gotten the same information from just about any lifestyle or fitness blog out there. It was also rather unrealistic/overly optimistic for anyone who has a job or family or basically any responsibilities outside of cooking organic food and meditating all day.
Christi Teal
Quick Read

Easy to read. Some of the ideas are simple and some are easier said than done. Good read for the beginning of the new year.
Annette Rowena
Aug 16, 2019 rated it liked it
An alright book with ultra short chapters and bite-sized info, some of which you might already know. I wanted a super light read and I got it.
Allison
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in making a change in their life
Recommended to Allison by: Spotted on "New Books" shelf at Cumberland Public Library
I really enjoyed this book a lot. I spotted it on a display shelf of "New Books" at my favorite library. I've read quite a few books and articles along this line before and as a result I was skeptical that the contents would be "simple" or "easy" or even "transformative".

Well, after reading Winnie Abramson's book, I can say with utmost confidence that the changes recommended in One Simple Change: Surprisingly Easy Ways to Transform Your Life are actually simple, easy and would be transformative
Online Eccentric Librarian
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
One Simple Change is a very friendly and easy to digest set of suggestions on how to make your life healthier. As with many heath and fitness books, their strength for me really lies on whether the author is making suggestions based on a small experience set or if they have done their homework on the latest research and findings. I was very gratified when reading this to find that there are pages and pages of references from which she draws her conclusions and recommendations. It made me ...more
Barbara M
It's a nice review of simple changes a person can make to improve their overall health. It's a quick easy read. A nice book to read a little bit at a time - a chapter or two a day - for some tips! Each chapter contains tips on a different subject and healthy changes you can make: nutrition, healthy products to use to cleaning your house and clothes, healthy makeup/cosmetics, drinking water, exercising, mindfulness, etc.

The author has a doctorate in naturopathic medicine and is especially
Vicki
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really simple an straightforward book to get you closer to a healthier lifestyle. She provides suggestions for other books and helpful websites to consult for skincare and cleaning products. She doesn't go into major detail about each topic, which I think is great because it introduces a topic you can look into more yourself. It's a quick read that gives some common sense advice that most people don't follow. Two suggestions I found valuable are live in the moment and the importance of sleeping ...more
Michele Knierim
Dec 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
Maybe I should've looked at this more closely before reading, but it was not at all what I expected. First of all, it was not One Simple Change, it was like 30-some different changes, some of them not so simple. It was mostly about eating healthy, organic, raw foods. Got it after the first 3 times, and didn't need it 17 more. Advice from someone who has her own chickens and bees and works from home - not very easy to extrapolate to this dual working family in a city. I believe the Subtitle ...more
Jenny
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is overwhelming to me the way "Simple" magazine is not really simple. I mean, if I even tried to put into action every small change that is enumerated here, my life would be a mess of trying to do them all every day. I would not have time to work, I would not know what to eat, and I would not have enough time with my family, which is the MOST important thing I need to do each day. There's just no way. It's fun to read, but I'd like to hear from someone who actually did all of these and ...more
Tori Miller
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
At first, I felt like I was already doing a lot of the suggestions, and I didn't know if I would keep reading this. I am glad I did. I got many great tips out of it. I also loved the format of the book. I liked how it was presented as one idea at a time. The chapters didn't feel too long or too short, but instead seemed to cover the right amount of info on each topic.
Jessica
May 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, this book is filled with 40-something tidbits that I already know. If you haven't spent the last 2-3 years reading EVERYTHING you can find about healthy living techniques, then this book could be quite helpful for you.
Sue
Aug 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Most of the ideas weren't new, but I liked her recipes and personal views. Like try things and see how your body responds. No everyone needs a gluten free diet or to be vegan. Some people operate better with meat in their diets, like me.
Beth
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
This would rate much higher if she didn't reference Mercola. Otherwise very good.
Vex
Feb 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
50 things you should be doing (or not doing), like eating less grains, composting, etc etc, each with a short explanation why. Ok, but nothing new or ground-breaking.
Rachael K
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written

I enjoyed reading this slice of life health book. I like the little bit of everything approach but it was written on a cohesive manner so one topic flowed to the next.
Nadine
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved this quick little book full of nuggets of wisdom. and supported by data. You don't have to incorporate if all to feel like you've made some positive healthy changes.
Bibiana Rolston
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One Simple Change is an easy read that provides you with advice on how to improve your health and enhance your well-being. Each chapter is short, but packed with good advice.
Debby Rogers
Jan 05, 2014 rated it liked it
A bit simplistic, but good reminders and a few new tips, like dry brushing, who knew?
Gin Tadvick
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Liked the book in general. Took issue with some of her comments about cleaning products. But over gained some new insights and inspiration so worthwhile reading.
Stephanie Sutherlin
May 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
I thought this book was going to have some new information. This is merely a collection of all the popular advice going around the internet at the moment. Severe disappointment.
Dana
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ideas

I really liked this book and all the great ideas it offered to make easy changes for a healthier life

Tina

• I'm Fine and Neither Are You
  • Black Swan Green
  • Sons and Daughters of Ease and Plenty
  • What Daddy Did
  • What Your Clutter Is Trying to Tell You: Uncover the Message in the Mess and Reclaim Your Life
  • The Book of Three (The Chronicles of Prydain, #1)
  • The Power of Nunchi: The Korean Secret to Happiness and Success
  • S.E.C.R.E.T. (Secret, #1)
  • Study Is Hard Work
  • The End of Illness
  • How Dante Can Save Your Life: The Life-Changing Wisdom of History's Greatest Poem
  • Desert Solitaire
  • Shanghai Girls (Shanghai Girls #1)
  • Lost and Wanted