Start by marking “The Wedding Date (Save the Date, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Wedding Date (Save the Date, #0.5)

The Wedding Date

(Save the Date 0.5)

In The Wedding Date, Cara Connelly launches her new Save the Date series, about the magic—and mayhem—of weddings!

Julie Marone isn't your ordinary matchmaker. Instead of setting up singles, she matches already-happy couples with their dream homes. And since she lost the other half of her own happy couple, it's her passion.

Cody Brown isn't your ordinary cowboy. Instead of ro
Published November 19th 2013 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about The Wedding Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wedding Date

Crazy for Books (Stephanie)

ARC provided by publisher through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Cody Brown needs a new place to live since he's just moved to Boston from Texas and Julie Marone is a realtor. The problem is, Julie only finds homes for couples and she doesn't like doctors. Cody isn't in a relationship and he's a doctor. This starts of a series of events that bring the two of them together over the next several days before Christmas and Julie's sister, Amelia's wedding.

Cody Brown is a Texas boy thr
Mandy
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cara-connelly
LOVED IT! *does the happy dance* I found a new author I love yaa! 11/12/13
12/4/13
I love, love, love this novella. I’m also super excited to find a new author that that has more to read coming out very soon. This book was sexy as hell and sad and heartbreaking, too. Although, shorter in length, this novella packs quite an emotional punch!

Cody. The Texas cowboy transplanted to Boston. Whoa mama! I think I may be adding him to my book boyfriend list. Jeans, boots and a beaten up leather jacket…now
Julie
The Wedding date: A Christmas Novella by Cora Connelly is an Avon publication and was released in November 2013. I received a copy of this book from the publisher and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Julie lost her fiancé, David to brain cancer. Since then she has harbored resentments toward the doctors that treated him, believing they didn't really care about him and didn't do enough to save him.
Now Julie's sister is getting married and wants Julie to have a date for the wedding. Whil
sparklyunikorn
Enda besh. Nadai chemistry H/h hmmm
Veronica Nagorny
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I liked this book!

Cody can be gross at times, saying things like, “...no matter how nice her rack," but he makes up for it.

This book is very hot, not at all for kids.Her writing is sensuous and erotic without being perverted or forced. It flows like a healthy relationship; a very sexy one. There's no force or abuse or manipulation, and there's lots of steaminess.

A little bit rushed. Sometimes things happened too quickly and I didn’t realize they were happening or what was happening for a while
Chu
Dec 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: second-chances
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Julie Marone had made her income matching couples with their dream houses. It was her gift, and there is nothing more fulfilling for her than seeing the happy faces that couples has once they have found the home for them. But matchmaking couples with their dream houses is not just her gift, she’s doing it for another reason. Once she fell so hard, and before both of them could tie the knot and settle into their home – cancer got a hold of him. It had broke
Pam
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is an enjoyable novella about finding your forever match. A Christmas short that gets you in the holiday spirit.

Julie Marone, finds perfect homes for couples with her real estate company and although she looks for the happily ever after for others, she is not looking for that in her own life, her fiancé died three years ago from cancer and she has not dated since. Her family has decided it is time to move on and they think she needs a date for her sister's upcoming wedding, so they have set
Pam
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Julie helps couples find their happily ever after place to live. She can find the perfect house or place for any couple. She is great and her job and doesn't work with single people. However she finds Cody Brown irresistible when he ask for her help finding a place. He has one major thing against him and that is he is a doctor. Where a lot of woman want a doctor, Julie wants nothing to do with them. She lost her fiance years ago and blames the doctors. Julie's sister keeps setting her up on date ...more
Daniela
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
A sexy, heartbreaking, romantic, funny, roller coaster story. Mixed with a SEXY ass cowboy whose also a doctor, sweet as sugar and even sexier than you can imagine....What's there NOT to like?? Oh wait, I know what...The fact that it was way TOO short!!! But, I still liked it all the same!!

Cody, a cowboy, from Texas, moves to Boston to work in the ER to get away from his lifestyle at home. He left behind his ranch and brother to take care of it all. He never wanted to settle down, have a family
Gaele
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss, avon
Cody has relocated from Texas to Boston; this doctor is used to having it all: from women fawning over him, to really fawning when they learn he is a doctor, his confusion when he arrives in a real estate office to engage their services for a new home.

Julie is a real estate agent with two rules: she only finds homes for couples, and she doesn’t like doctors. Not one bit. So this man, in his cowboy gear better suited to warmer weather and not appropriate doctor-wear shouldn’t ring her bells. But
Renee Entress
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
4.5 Star Review - The Wedding Date

I recommend this book.

This book contains heartache, passion, and laughs.

Julie has a gift for matching couples to there perfect homes. When Cody stops in her office he needs a condo. She turns him down as she only works with couples.

When he talks her into helping him out she does but she's not happy about it. He is not part of a couple and even worst he is a doctor.

Something in her past has made her hate all doctors. How will Cody breakdown her walls if he is
Cara
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A quick read being a novella. Just enough time to get to know the characters - a family that we can all relate to. Sets a romantic mood with the perfect snowy backdrop in the beautiful city of Boston.

You will fall in love fast, and find yourself wishing for wintry nights snuggled up with a sexy cowboy in front of the fire in Beacon Hill!

While not a part of continuous series, characters can be found in each of Connelly's "Wedding" books, enabling us to fully immerse in this world that Connelly ha
Ruth
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bn-ebooks, won
This book was on my TBR list. I was lucky enough to win it and it did not disappoint. I had a ever hard time putting this book down. When reading the Julie needs to over come a past that she does not want to give up. Cody came looking for a place to live in Boston. He has just moved to Boston from Texas to Run an ER. When Cody first sees Julie he knows he wants her and is will to get past her walls if he can. When Julie learns he's a Doctor she just wants to find him a home and move on. So who i ...more
Tamra Baumann
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Warm,Spicy Christmas Read.

Cara Connelly’s THE WEDDING DATE is a fun, fast-paced, sexy read. The hero, a hunky cowboy ER Doc, has met his match in a heroine who covers up her grief with kick-ass sass. This short novella is the perfect curl-up by the fire story and will leave you wanting more. I’ve pre-ordered Connelly’s debut novel, THE WEDDING FAVOR due out in January, and am looking forward to many more great novels from this author.
Josephine
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First read - 4 to 5 December, 2013
5 stars
This is one of the best novellas I've read. Loved Julie and Cody, especially Cody *drool*. I'm eager now to read more books in this series.

Second read - 20 to 23 January, 2016
5 stars
Usually I am not a fan of insta-love but this quick connection/romance between Cody and Julie worked for me. It was sexy, funny, had the right amount of angst, and had a sweet HEA.
Ann
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
A Christmas story with a family wedding mixed in. When Dr. Cody brown arrives in boston to take over emergency services at the hospital, he needs realtor Julie Marone to find him a place to live. He decides her place will do just fine but she has a phobia about doctors. Will he win this battle of wills? Of course, it's Christmas.
Rise
Won this book in giveaway and I have to say that this was a first time with this author and I loved that the author kept me laughing through the entire book. As I was reading I was really wishing I could actually hear a Texan male talk with a sexy drawl. I guess I just might melt. If you are one was a good laugh reading a story then this book is it.
Linda
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cara Connelly's book, The Wedding Date, is a Christmas Novella. This was a fun book to read because of the interactions between the main characters: Julie and Cody. I usually don't like to read novellas because I prefer longer books. This book (118 pages) worked for me because it is the beginning of Connelly's Save the Date series which promises to be really entertaining!
Cyndi Delia
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This novella has it all. It made me laugh, cry and sigh! I'm so excited for this author. She has an engaging and compelling style. Everything is well written from the characters, dialogue to the sex scenes. Don't miss out!
JoMarie DeGioia
Nov 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book and would read others in the series. Sometimes the vulgar language was a little off-putting, as it seemed out of place even within scenes. The hero dropped the F bomb in church. Twice. But I cared about the heroine and really liked the hero!
Joy (Cheery♡Reads)
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
Been searching high and low for another contemporary romance read after Jill Shalvis's Lucky Harbor series when I stumbled upon this new one by Cara Connelly which ticked all the right boxes.

Elba
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
good read with humour! lol
Karla Doyle
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent debut from Ms. Connelly! Loved the yummy hero. Lots of great banter and chemistry in this fun, steamy novella. :)
Ann Lorz
I really enjoyed this story. My heart broke for Julie and all she went through, and understood why she felt the way she did. I also think Cody was the perfect person to help her move past her pain.
Candis Terry
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a really fun book that definitely left me wanting to read more of Cara Connelly's work.
Michele
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Lui reggeva il suo sguardo, trascinandola irresistibilmente verso un mondo dove il cielo era blu e splendeva la luce del sole.Il suo respiro si interruppe per un attimo, lei sentì un tuffo allo stomaco. E il cuore, il suo cuore di ghiaccio, riprese a battere forte, finalmente."

Coinvolgente e romantico, come gli altri libri di quest'autrice! Sono contenta che stiano arrivando anche queste novelle connesse alla serie anche se purtroppo la brevità le penalizza molto... seppur infatti il modo in cu
Wendy Keel
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cara-connelly
THE WEDDING DATE by Cara Connelly is a quick easy read. There are moments that will make you tear up a bit as Julie deals with her past. My only complaint was I felt Julie's turn around was a bit too quick. It felt rushed and unrealistic. Otherwise the story is well written and enjoyable. The characters are engaging and keep you invested in the story. This is the "beginning" of the Save the Date series and now I want to read the rest of the series. A wonderfully written short story that will mak ...more
Saly
Not too bad but not a fan of the over-sexed hero who are apparently so irresistible that all women want to throw their panties at them. h is still grieving her fiancee who died and blames all doctors, which the hero happens to be. I liked the potential in the writing.
Reni
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked it. Enough to start reading the series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Christmas Cookie Collection (Twilight, Texas, #4.1)
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas (Coming Home, #0.5)
  • The Governess Club: Bonnie (The Governess Club, #2)
  • Kisses, She Wrote (The Prince Catchers, #1.5)
  • All I Want for Christmas is a Cowboy (Hunted, #0.5; Montana Men, #0.5; Valentine Valley, #0.5)
  • The Tribute (Malloy Family, #6)
  • Silence (Faces of Evil, #0.5)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Baby (Cowboys & Brides, #2)
  • Spoonful of Christmas (The Cupcake Diaries #4)
  • Summer Is for Lovers (Second Sons, #2)
  • Kiss Me
  • Shadow Rising (The Shadow Slayers, #2)
  • To All the Rakes I've Loved Before (Honeycote, #1.5)
  • All She Wants for Christmas
  • The Marshal Takes A Wife  (The Burnett Brides, #3)
  • Three Nights before Christmas (Wild Montana Nights, #3)
  • A Cowboy Firefighter for Christmas (Smokin’ Hot Cowboys, #1)
  • Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy?

Cara Connelly writes love stories with sizzle and sass. Her books have won several awards, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious Golden Heart, Valley Forge Romance Writers’ Sheila, and Music City Romance Writers’ Melody of Love. Her bestselling, award-winning Save the Date series features sexy heroes, smart-mouthed heroines, funny situations, exotic locations, and steamy romance, not

Save the Date (6 books)
  • Ready To Rock (Save the Date, #0)
  • The Wedding Favor (Save the Date #1)
  • The Wedding Vow (Save the Date, #2)
  • The Wedding Band (Save the Date, #3)
  • The Wedding Dance: A Save the Date Novel