Start by marking “Distorted” as Want to Read:
Distorted

Distorted

Aly Chase has worked for Paul Pierce for years, loving him from afar. He is handsome, rich, and the powerful CEO of Pierce Homes. Just when Aly has decided her love for him is futile and vows to move on, Paul begins to give Aly the attention she had always desired, forcing her to feel confused by his actions.

Then there's Aly’s best friend, Ethan Baker. He's sweet, handsom
Paperback
Published May 21st 2013 by self (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Distorted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Distorted

Jennifer Kyle
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
*I had the opportunity to beta read for Laura Dunaway*

description

Aly Chase has been crushing hard on her sexy boss since well… forever. She finds Paul Pierce inspiring and hot as hell. Thing is, Allie is a good girl who would never break up a relationship, ruin the job she loves or go for what she wants.

But what if Paul starts to fall for her too….

Aly is completely passionate about her job and her boss. Paul Pierce pretty much walks on water in Allie’s eyes. Allie has the world’s greatest, hottest best f
Fred
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've had the very good fortune to read an advance copy of Distorted, and y'all are gonna love it! Not one, but two, swoony book boy friends, a sweet and smexy MC, and more twists than a box of rotini!
Jennifer Diaz
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta
I so loved this book! What’s not to love about a love triangle! It’s one of my favorite things to read about! So we start out with Aly swooning hard over her boss, the handsome and rich CEO Paul Pierce. She has been his assistant for 3 years and has loved him from a far the entire time. He has a girlfriend so Aly has accepted things will never be and she just works for him. They start working on a community outreach project and things feelings and emotions start to change for Paul.

So I’m at thi
Anne OK
Aug 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
This is one of those books that could have been an exceptional read. However, overall the prose is very formal and stilted. The basic storyline stands strong even though it begins slowly and with a little bit of a rocky start for me. Throughout the book there were typos, hit-and-miss grammar problems, some overly wordy sentence structuring, and also some wrong word choices, i.e. affect and effect. The dialogue could definitely benefit from the use of contractions to lighten up and project a more ...more
Jamie  Zishka
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just wanna say first of all this book was AMAZING! 2 amazingly hot men fighting for a girl! who wouldn't want that for themselves?!?! The hot boss the best friend yummy. But not only that the story line was very good, I had multiple emotions while reading this book rage, hate, love, lust, sadness-- i actually teared up at parts of this book which isn't something typical of me.
If you like to ride the roller coaster of emotions like I do when you read a romance book this it totally for you! It w
Nina
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading an arc version of Distorted, and all I can say is wow. This is a beautiful book from a debut author. You don't get one hot guy, you get two.

I was hooked in by the book from the beginning and stayed hooked to the end. Aly is in love with her boss Paul, yet he's never really noticed her. At least, not until now.

The problem is, her best friend Ethan has also noticed her.

Aly has to make the decision as to which man she needs to choose. Will it be the guy she's be in
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
2.5

The writing was good, but for me, none of the main characters held any appeal. I disliked Ally and her indecisiveness. I disliked Paul and his douche cheating ways. I found Ethan and his doormat philosophy unattractive. I was happy with her choice (view spoiler) b
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
Thank you Laura Dunaway for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Definition of Distorted:
To not truly or completely representing the facts or reality; To twist awry or out of shape; make crooked or deformed;
To give a false, perverted, or disproportionate meaning;
To not truly or completely representing the facts or reality;

Aly Chase has secretly been in love with Paul Pierce her hot boss for three years. After being depressed that he has a girlfriend and doesn’t
D
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I always like to read books from new authors. Authors we have no clue about and that there has been no hype about. DISTORTED by Laura Dunaway is one such book and author.
I went into this book blind. I like not having any expectations and reading without a preconceived opinion.
Let me say that for a debut novel, this is pretty solid. There are definitely things Laura can work on for her next book but for a first book and putting herself out there, she has done a good job.
The story line
Books,Babes and Cheap Cabernet
*4.5 stars!!*

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. This book had one of the BEST love triangles I have ever read. Never has a book had me as confused as to what "team" I was for. I was conflicted the entire time. Even at the end I am not sure if I was entirely happy with her decision. Even though, I can see that it was the best decision for her.

Aly Chase has worked at Pierce Homes for 3 years. A job that she love, more than just the job she also has been in love with Paul Pierce her hot CEO boss for
Casey Peeler
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don't know where to begin with this book. I had the honor of reading Distorted and giving my honest review... which is exactly what you're always going to get from me!

This story is different than a lot of books I read- the type of relationships, friendships, & work relationships.

I can bet that everyone has had a crush on their boss or another employee, but what happens when that gets taken to another level? What happens when you take the "best friend" to the next level? This is exactly wha
Jacqueline's Reads
Jul 28, 2013 marked it as considering
Shelves: arc
Rich CEO? Oh you had me there... love it! I'm marking this on my TOP TBR

Then there's Aly’s best friend, Ethan Baker. He's sweet, handsome and charming. He is also in love with her. He's ac
Steph Moles Krayeski
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stand-alone
Aly Chase has feelings for her boss, Paul Pierce. Paul is in a relationship with his girlfriend, Casey. Aly's best friend, Ethan Baker, is in love with her. And, the crazy merry-go-round begins...

"Distorted" kept me reading through out the night. The main character, Aly, is smart and beautiful, with a big heart for helping others in need. The two male leads, Paul and Ethan, were both sexy and loveable. What I really liked about Laura Dunaway's debut novel was that it seemed REAL and the characte
Julie
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good love triangle. Aly was torn between 2 men, her boss and her best friend. I kept pulling for her to make the right decision and felt really frustrated at times. But, it was well worth the read. You could feel the hurt she experienced and the pull she had toward each of the men.
Jessica
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I must say I did not see that ending coming. I don't know how she was able to choose between the 2 guys. I still would not be able to, but it was nice that the book was not so predictable. I also cried my eyes out at the ending, can't wait to see the other guy find his happy ending!
Ashley Truelove
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

photo pjp2001_zps2f5e7634.jpg

Whew…I hardly know where to start. This story took you through Aly’s life – a passionate business woman with her dream job. Aly is by far a top heroin for me. She’s a well adapted and well rounded woman. We don’t get to see much of those these days so it was relief to actually fully respect the main character. Aly is one that you would want your children to aspire to be – she is driven and her passion for her job shines through in everything she does.

She’s been desperately in love wi
Bridger Bitches
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, harper
One of my girls Beta read this book for Laura and told me I must read it so I can post a review when it is our turn for the blog tour. I agreed and dived right into the book not really knowing a whole lot about it. I didn’t need to know a whole lot about it because let me tell you my girl never steers me in the wrong direction when it comes to a good book!

Laura did a good job with her debut novel. A love triangle, always gets me sucked in. I was committed to the story when I wasn’t even very far
Falling In Fall Book Blog
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-read-shelf
ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. For Jodie Rae's full review, visit http://fallinginfall.blogspot.com

I rated Distored 5 leaves!! Distorted was an emotional, roller coaster read. I rode through angst, pain, and felt the obsession that Aly had for both Paul and Ethan. The characters sucked me in and kept me in a constant state of angst! I was going crazy right alongside all three of them. So many twists and turns. I am thankful I've never been in love with two peopl
Gillian (Tattooed Book Review)
See this review and more at www.tattooedbookreview.com!

3.5 Stars

A solid debut, a story that many readers will enjoy, especially fans of the complicated love triangle.

Angst, emotion, and drama permeate the pages of this book. Aly is faced with an extremely difficult decision. The man she has desired for sometime has finally fallen for her, but betrays her in a horrible way. She still has feelings for him but has also developed feelings for her handsome and steadfast best friend. We follow Aly as
Karen
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I can hardly believe this was the first book author Laura Dunaway has written. I was thoroughly impressed with the unique storyline. Of course it was a romance, but there was a story within a story going on inside this book. I not only fell in love with the three main characters but also with their careers. The story of Norman and his neighborhood was touching and made me thankful for everything I have. It made my problems seem teeny tiny in comparison.

Distorted starts out as a sweet romance wi
Rude Girl Book Blog
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-in-2013
Distorted is the debut novel for Laura Dunaway. Laura lays the groundwork for an intriguing love triangle and one that is a definite page turner. I give this debut novel a strong 4 star rating!

Aly Chase has been the personal assistant to Paul Pierce at Pierce Homes, for three fulfilling years. This is more than just a job to Aly; she embraces every aspect and excels with public relations. I thoroughly enjoyed Aly’s strong and independent personality.

Paul Pierce is the son of the Pierce Homes fo
Sugar and Spice Book Reviews
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
My favorite kinda book....ya'll know I love me a good love triangle and it's really hard for me to write a review of this book with no spoilers, because one the characters really ticked me off! Laura knows exactly what I'm talking about LOL! I had a WTH....OH NO THE FREAK he didn't moment and let me tell you, I am so glad this book went the way it did......I actually stayed up quite late finishing because I JUST HAD TO KNOW WHO Riley ends up with! I did go back and forth on my rating between a 3 ...more
Hooked On Books
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Distorted is Laura Dunaway’s debut novel. Aly Chase is a passionate, hard-working woman who just so happens to be head over heels in love with her boss, Paul Pierce. However, after three years and no inclination that her love will be returned, she moves on…to her best friend Ethan Baker, who also works for Pierce and has been in love with her for a while. She is physically and emotionally drained watching Paul prance around with his girlfriend that she falls for the ease of what Ethan can offer. ...more
Wendy Jackson
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Distorted review
Aly Chase is the assistant to CEO Paul Pierce of Pierce Homes, a community outreach program to help communities in need. Aly has loved Paul from afar, knowing it could never happen, because Paul has a long time girlfriend.
Ethan Barker is Aly's best-friend, who also works at Pierce Homes. Ethan has been Aly's rock, shoulder to cry on, best-friend, and is in love with her.
Aly decides that she needs to move on, and quit pining over a guy she can never have. Ethan is excited about
Fierce & Fab Promotions
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I’m not a big fan of love triangles, but this book truly held my interest and kept me engaged. Throughout the story, I was very perplexed and couldn’t determine if I was Team Paul or Team Ethan.

Aly Chase has been working for Paul Pierce at Pierce Homes for 3 years. She is very much devoted to her job and she’s been in love with Paul for a while, but he’s never noticed her or given her the time or day.

Ethan Baker, Aly’s long time friend, also works at Pierce Homes and has been in love with Aly
Franjessca
Full Review posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

Laura Dunaway's first book "Distorted" is about a girl, Aly Chase, stuck between two guys, who love her and she has to decide between the two. She has the sexy, hot CEO of Pierce Homes that she has worked for three years now, Paul Pierce. He has had a steady girlfriend for those three years, and she has been forced to watch him around his girlfriend. She knows that Paul has never shown any interest to her until something changes between the two. She has no
Ava
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was very excited to read this book and I m not dissapointed at all. Aly after many years of one side love finally got what she wanted but things were complicated.
Two sexy men all for herself seemed to much a fantast too much out of reality but every steps in this book was grounded. no rush except for the affair. But she dealt it really well. And it was all reasonable. I was happy there is a book about Paul. Is he a jerk because he is a cheater?? cheater = jerk. but I like that guy really and
Nikki Maynardskaggs
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I give Distorted by Laura Dunaway 4.5 stars!!!
This was an absolute great read!! This is the perfect love triangle, I really think Paul is a douche bag!!! Does Aly get with Paul her sexy boss ( who I think is a douche bag), or does she get with her best friend Ethan ? I know the answer , but I will not tell haha , you have to read this book for your self if you want to know J I really connected with Aly , because I have been through a similar situation. Distorted is a dreamy, steamy , and an emo
C.C. Brown
May 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ahhhhh... love triangles!

I am a sucker for a good love triangle, even though they piss me off beyond belief and I want to throw my freakin' Nook at certain parts.

This one, I must say, was done correctly. The love Aly has for both Paul and Ethan is evident, and although there were a few times that I wanted to slap Aly, I was happy with the way things turned out. I like leaving the triangle satisfied that she made the right choice, or having two overly incredible guys that the choice is a hard one
Kristie Chamberlain
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Distorted~Laura Dunaway
This was a jaw-dropping, OMG kind of book! Aly has been in love with her boss for three years. Paul finally discovers this and finds that he has feelings for her and begins to pursue her. Then there is Ethan; he is Aly's best friend and has been since college. He has been in love with Aly all this time and he has never been with one girl for to long because he is in love with Aly! Aly is now torn between these two hot and equally passionate men! Distorted is an understatem
« previous 1 3 next »

• Finally (Windy City, #1)
  • Shattered (Shattered, #1)
  • ShameLess
  • Breaking Elle (Break Me, #1)
  • Beautifully Twisted
  • Love Square (Love Square, #1)
  • The Do Over (The Do Over, #1)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Bitter Angel
  • The Englishman
  • Dare Me Forever
  • A Fire That Burns (A Fire That Burns, #1)
  • Time Changes Everything (Time Changes Everything, #1)
  • This Trust of Mine (Raine, #2)
  • Broken Pasts
  • A Life More Complete
  • Chance of Rain
  • Strong Enough (Strong, #1)
Laura Dunaway has been married to her prince for 20 years and together they are raising three amazing kids. While she's always had a passion for reading and writing, it wasn't until a few years ago that she finally realized she should pursue her dream of writing and publishing a book. After many many attempts at starting one, her first book, Distorted, was finally the one that flowed and before sh ...more