Start by marking “Grace for the Moment Daily Bible, New Century Version” as Want to Read:
Grace for the Moment Daily Bible, New Century Version

Grace for the Moment Daily Bible, New Century Version

4.6  ·  Rating details ·  302 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Spend a year reading the Bible with Max Lucado! In this Bible, Max Lucado will guide you through the Scripture day-by-day, with daily readings from the Old and New Testaments, Psalms, and Proverbs, plus a devotional insight.
Published September 5th 2006 by Thomas Nelson Inc

Be the first to ask a question about Grace for the Moment Daily Bible, New Century Version

Feb 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
In 2008, my resolution was to finally read the entire Bible in one year. Today, I accomplished that goal. Spending time daily (or almost daily!) in the Word really added depth to my life and helped me to look at things in a new way, so it's a practice I hope to continue. Now, I will switch to my life application Bible, but this was a good version with which to begin.

Although the books are in the same order as usual, each day there is an exerpt from the Old Testament, Proverbs, Psalms, and the Ne
Paula
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely great! Max Lucado comments daily along with Bible readings !
Marian E Silva
Water to a thirsty soul

God gives us what we need every day. Everything is in one place for a wonderful time of communion with our Sovereign Creator.
Shelley Lawrence
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, 2017, kindle
This is a wonderful version of the Bible that sets a plan to read through it in a year mixing a selection of Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs. I love the New Century version best of all and the daily devotions by Max Lucado are so inspiring. I read this on my phone for easy access. Highly recommended!
Glenda
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read as part of my daily devotions. Loved the beginning commentary for each day. Easily understood translation.
Derek
Feb 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this for Christmas. It is a one-year daily read Bible with excellent commentary by Max Lucado. He uses the "New Century Version" which I really enjoy. I have never read this version before and it is really neat to compare with NIV and NSAB. I also really enjoy looking at the old Greek and Hebrew languages as compared to modern English, and Max does a great job explaining the translations and how and why certain words and names were used. I.e.[God changed Abram's name to "Abr ...more
Alexa
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Daily reading with a small clip of each of His books to buttress the message of The daily reading of first Old Testament, Psalm, Proverbs the the Old Testament. Rich in reading. Not a check off Bible reading type, but not a stydy Bible either.

I also read a chapter of the date of Proverbs depending on how he date: 31 days of The book.

However my favorite version of the Bible is CEV : Contemporary English Version. Explains a great deal of missing details that explain questions accumulated after m
Gayle
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
An inspiring devotioan

Each day starts with an excerpt from one of Lucado's books, a reading from the old testament, Psalms, and Proverbs, then a reading from the new testament. I actually took longer than a year, sometimes working on other Bible studies, but this is an good way to go through the Bible. One thing I like about this is it is about a 10-15 minute reading each day. I even paired it with readings from Beth Moore that were very short and I kept my study Bible close by when there were p
Kel
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a great way to read through the Bible in a year! Max had a relevant excerpt from one of his books for every day that tied in well with the reading. I especially liked the way he organized the Bible passages: an OT reading, part of a Psalm and a Proverb or two and then a NT reading. I also enjoyed my chosen format. I downloaded a digital version of this book, so it didn't weigh a ton and I could easily carry it with me.
Priscilla Dobbins
Flowing scripture study

From Max Lucado's introduction each day to the new testament reading this devotional book ties various parts of the bible together. It is clearly presented and brought some of the least familiar passages to my attention. I came away with lots of new insight and a desire to study further.
Teri
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
A great way to read the Bible, one day at a time. Max Lucado very nicely gives the reader a daily reading from the Old Testament, Psalms, Proverbs, and the New Testament. Each day opens with a short writing from one of Lucado's previous books and then a reading from each section of the Bible, completing the book in 1 full year.
Brenda
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
Fantastic journey through the Bible in a year. I can finally say I have read the whole book! I love the way Lucado organized this one. Daily devotionals paired with reading from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs.
Nicole Turturice
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great Bible for daily study & devotion!
Katie
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not quite what I had expected. I was looking more for a book of devotionals. This came up in the search but is not the devotional format I was hoping to find.
Owlboyle
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
awesome!
Charmayne
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great way to read through the Bible

I have read this book twice. It's a great way to read the Bible from cover to cover and I like Max's daily insights.
Katrina
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great every day bible.. Still looking for a good catholic one.
Linda
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite bibles. Great study Bible.
Laurie Smedegard
Feb 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a great way to start each morning.
Allison
Dec 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Good chapter intros. I do not like this version of the Bible, so I'm going to use the template and read the intros, but use my NIV version.
Jeff Smith
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good. I really like the NCV version. It is easy to read and accurate. I also like the devotional thoughts from Max Lucado at the beginning of each day's reading.
Jane
  • Answers to Tough Questions Skeptics Ask About the Christian Faith
  • Rise and Walk: The Trial and Triumph of Dennis Byrd
  • The New Answers Book 3: Over 35 Questions on Evolution/Creation and the Bible
  • The Face That Demonstrates the Farce of Evolution
  • Renovation of the Heart in Daily Practice: Experiments in Spiritual Transformation
  • Leadership Promises for Every Day: A Daily Devotional
  • The Ultimate Proof of Creation: Resolving the Origins Debate
  • Game Plan for Life: Your Personal Playbook for Success
  • Battlefield of the Mind Devotional: 100 Insights That Will Change the Way You Think
  • God Is Closer Than You Think: If God Is Always with Us, Why Is He So Hard to Find?
  • Tangled (Playing with Fire, #2)
  • Let God Change Your Life: How to Know and Follow Jesus
  • Eyes on the Prize (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #43)
  • Ten Steps to Advancing College Reading Skills, Levels 9-13, Instructor's Edition (Townsend Press Reading Series)
  • The Peacemakers (American Family Portrait #8)
  • Prayer: A Holy Occupation
  • Andrew Carnegie and the Rise of Big Business
  • The Proverbs 31 Project
With more than 130 million products in print and several NYT bestsellers, Max Lucado is America's bestselling inspirational author. He serves the Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas, where he lives with his wife, Denalyn, and their mischievous mutt, Andy. His next book is publishing August 2018 and is titled Unshakable Hope.

https:/

$7.74 $1.99
  • The Autobiography of Malcolm X
    $7.99 $1.99
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Over But the Shoutin'
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sous Chef: 24 Hours on the Line
    $13.99 $1.99
  • WEIRD: Because Normal Isn't Working
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Man Who Made Vermeers: Unvarnishing the Legend of Master Forger Han van Meegeren
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Why Have Kids?: A New Mom Explores the Truth About Parenting and Happiness
    $5.99 $0.99
“What you and I might rate as an absolute disaster, God may rate as a pimple-level problem that will pass. He views your life the way you view a movie after you've read the book. When something bad happens, you feel the air sucked out of the theater. Everyone else gasps at the crisis on the screen. Not you. Why? You've read the book. You know how the good guy gets out of the tight spot. God views your life with the same confidence. He's not only read your story...he wrote it. ” 282 likes
“A person is worth something simply because he is a person.” 5 likes