Start by marking “Beauty and the Blacksmith (Spindle Cove, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Blacksmith  (Spindle Cove, #3.5)

Beauty and the Blacksmith

(Spindle Cove #3.5)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  11,193 ratings  ·  1,109 reviews
At last, Diana gets a romance of her own! But with the last man anyone in Spindle Cove expects...

Beautiful and elegant, Miss Diana Highwood is destined to marry a wealthy, well-placed nobleman. At least, that's what her mother has loudly declared to everyone in Spindle Cove.

But Diana's not excited by dukes and lords. The only man who makes her heart pound is the village bl
Published April 28th 2013 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and the Blacksmith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty and the Blacksmith

·  11,193 ratings  ·  1,109 reviews

Start your review of Beauty and the Blacksmith (Spindle Cove, #3.5)
Anne
A lady and a blacksmith fall in love, and together they find their Happily Ever After.

description

Realistically, this would never happen, but shrugs.
Whatever. It was cute, and I tend to give romance a bigger pass on inaccuracies because...

description

Because all romance novels are filled to the fucking brim with inaccurate crap. We read them because they fill a mighty need that our real-life men don't.
Mainly, they're ROMANTIC. With guys saying romantic shit that they wouldn't even know they were supposed to say, and do
Jessica
This was such a cute novella! It has the class difference trope, which is one of my favorites in historical romance. The hero is a blacksmith and I absolutely loved him! The romance was so sweet and it was fun being back in the spindle cove world!
Jilly
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute little in-between book with a romance between a daughter of a gentleman and a blacksmith. This is a big ol' no-no for back then. If men married beneath their station, they elevated the girl. But, if a girl married beneath her station, she was brought down to his class. So, for a gentleman's daughter to marry a tradesman? Not only scandalous, but she would actually lower her family name and hurt her descendants.

dramatic kitteh is right

And, in this case, it's not like he's actually getting s
Jill
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it

Diana Highwood is the beauty in the family of three daughters. As such her mother has high ambitions for her to make a successful match with a member of the titled nobility. But for two years while living in Spindle Cove, Diana has been infatuated with Aaron Dawes, the brawny, handsome blacksmith with the muscular forearms and manly wrists.

This novella is just as much fun as the other romances in the Spindle Cove series, although I think perhaps Diana should have been given her own full-length n
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Kindle Freebie as of Aug 16th, 2016 - not sure how long it'll be free, so grab it now !!! http://amzn.to/2aZeCct

4 delightfully sexy stars!

Charming, funny, romantic and sexy, Beauty and the Blacksmith is another wonderful addition to the Spindle Cove series! If you're a fan of feel good, meaningful, passionate historical romances with intelligent heroines and swoon-worthy heroes, you simply must read these books!

My thanks to Avon Books and Edelweiss for providing me with a copy of this story in
Angie
"Won't you kiss me?" she whispered, sidling close. "Just the once?"
"The thing is, Miss Highwood, I'm not interested in kissing you just the once."
"Oh." Her face fell.
He propped one finger under her chin, tilting her face back up. "If I were to kiss you, once wouldn't be enough. I'd want to kiss you many times. In lots of places."

I absolutely LOVE this novella. I've read it so many times because I love everything about Aaron and Diana's story. Aaron is such a sweetheart but still so freaking
Julie
Beauty and the Blacksmith by Tessa Dare is a 2013 Avon publication.

This book was free in the kindle store for a limited time last week, so I snapped it up without hesitation. This novella length story features Diana, a highborn lady, the most beautiful of her three sisters, and the daughter her mother has pinned her highest hopes on.

But, Diana is in love with Aaron Dawes, the local blacksmith, a man her mother would never approve of due to their class differences. However, after finding relief
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
4 Hottie Blacksmith Stars!!

This was a fun little novella, I loved Diana and Aaron. They were very sweet together, and Aaron is a swoon worthy hero, he was such a nice guy, very sweet and understanding....at times a bit too understanding of Diana's fear of her overbearing mother. I wish it had been a bit longer, loved the humor.

photo PicsArt_1471429427525_zpsiwzpinhb.jpg

I'm definitely looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the Spindle Cove series, Thanks for the rec Jennifer!!

This was a Kindle Freebie (on 8.15.16)- n
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
This novella is cavity-inducingly sweet, cutesy, and completely unrealistic even for a fluffy little Regency romance novella. I can't believe I paid for this drivel. The plot: the beautiful, thoughtful, so utterly charming and perfect Diana is madly infatuated with the village's blacksmith. Aaron knows he is completely unsuited to the beautiful, thoughtful, so utterly charming and perfect Diana, and tries to resist her for all of 2.3 seconds.

This novella is completely unrealistic, I can't even b
♥Rachel♥
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, historical
With her stunning beauty and her position as a well-bred gentlewoman, Diana Highwood could have her pick of men, but there’s only one man who makes her heart race, Aaron Dawes, the town blacksmith. Her mother has had high hopes that Diana could care less about social classes. After suffering from severe asthma for years, and wondering if she’d even grow old, she just wants to live life to the fullest, and the way she chooses. Aaron is so much more than a blacksmith to her and the village of Spin ...more
Karla
Apr 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ebook, did-not-finish
Such boring fluff I can't even. -_-

Every time I thought about picking this up again, I found myself contemplating other, more exciting things. Cleaning the toilet, alphabetizing the canned goods, counting my teeth...
Al George
Oct 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Eh, it was nice being back in Spindle Cove, but the rest? Just eh.

eh

Read for Mad About Series Challenge - 2018, Spindle Cove, one book left in the series and I'm done!

Series: See above

Sexy times: Couple of times. Nothing graphic.

Plan on reading more by the author: yes.

Synopsis
Diana is from the genteel class and Aaron is a Blacksmith. The two are NOT supposed to fall in love according to the dictates of society. Well, they do. Now, they have to convince the rest of the world that all is good.
April (Aprilius Maximus)
4.) Any Duchess Will Do ★★★★
*.) Lord Dashwood Missed Out ★★★.5
5.) Do You Want to Start A Scandal? ★★★★.5

--------------------------------------------------

“Loading and shooting a pistol might give a lady a rush of exhilaration, but this was true power. The freedom to choose her own direction, and harnessing the power to take her there.”

represent
KatLynne
Stamped with the author’s clever humor and witty banter is the tale of lady Diana Highwood and her fall for Spindle Cove’s scrumptious blacksmith, Aaron Dawes. It’s fun, engaging and offers a sweet morsel for all those who enjoy this series.
Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie*
Enchanting, romantic, sexy and funny! I just love this latest addition to the Spindle Cove series!

What I love about Aaron...

- he's no pampered nobleman but a skilled craftsman who has a real passion for what he does
- he's good with his hands ( read into that what you will!)
- he's a wonderful brother to his sister, Jessica and adores his nephews
- he's willing to fight ( literally) to protect those he loves
- he can be gentle and kind
- his pure superheated virility, sculpted chest, bronzed skin, f
Saint Monique
3,5 'cute and sweet' stars

“You can’t know,” he finally whispered into her hair. “You can’t know how long I’ve wanted this.”
She turned her head, seeking his kiss. “I think I have some idea.”

That was the only book/ novella in Spindle Cove series that I haven't read yet and even if I was not particularly interested in Aaron and Diana, I just couldn't leave it unread.

Being a novella size it's quite a quick read and even with a fast pace, I didn't feel like I'm missing something since I was alrea
Juliana Philippa
Lovely little novella! Why is it that I still have only read novellas from this series?? Especially since it's such a good one (apparently). I don't know, but anyway—I had read some reviews where people thought the story was a little flat, or they didn't really feel the connection between Diana (23) and Aaron (27) and I disagree. I thought it was well-done and believable, and that Dare did a good job of adding little things that made the characters come alive and very three-dimensional, despite ...more
Ava
This was just a sweet and cute novella part of the spindle cove series!

This is the romance between Diana and Aaron. Diana's mother has been trying to find an advantageous and wealthy match for her daughter. But Diana can't stop mooning over the town's blacksmith Aaron. The two have been mutually pining over one another for years. This book is about them finally revealing their feelings for one another.

I love this heroine!! I loved her in the previous books and was anticipating her own book.
I lo
Jenn (The Book Refuge)
I loved this one so much. I actually liked that this one was short, as it kept the conflict from being dragged out and drowning what is an excellent short story.

I loved Diana and Aaron. They were so cute. And sexy times in a blacksmith shop is just what I needed.

4.5/5 stars
Crystal Cook
Jul 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2021
Probably closer to a 3.5 rounded to 4. This was sweet and fun and a really quick read. But novellas usually won't go over a 4 because they always feel a bit lacking in the love department. Just happened to fast. But a very charming read. ...more
Anita
Aaron and Diana have been smoldering for several books now. He's the village blacksmith and she is a well-born beauty whose mother has very high expectations for her. But, Diana has other ideas and a mind of her own and she wants the village blacksmith. Not that I blame her. Hot (literally), handsome and built, Aaron is a woman's fantasy come to live, that he's kind is just a bonus. He's perfect, except, he works for his living. That small detail isn't a problem for Diana, but it is for others. ...more
Louise
“I need to know,” he said. “I need to know, right now, if you’re mine. I’ve been patient for years,and if need be, I can wait years more. I’ll do anything in my power to win you, to keep you. But I need
to know, this moment, if you’ll be mine in the end.” His hands moved to bracket her face, uncomfortably tight. His gaze burned into hers. “Tell me.”
With every wild beat, her heart thumped against his pendant. If she was looking for answers, she didn’t need to search any further than that.
Lisa
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Miss Diana Highwood, the perfect beauty of her family, is destined to be a noblemans wife, at least according to her mother and Diana has accepted this until they arrive in Spindle Cove to address her health and she meets the local blacksmith, Aaron Dawes. Now with two years of glances and delicious thoughts, she is pushed by her sister to live her life her way and Diana decides to finally act on her thoughts and desires, much to the delight of Aaron. Never in his dreams would he expect a lady t ...more
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
This series is entertaining even with all the unbelievable things that happen. Beauty and the Blacksmith is the least believable so far. They breezed through pretty much everything.
I think this one would have been better with less sweetness and more pages. Oh, and without that ridiculous resolution of the missing items problem.
Too sweet.
Minerva's story is still the best.
Steelwhisper
WTF? Now the regencies also feature instalust. I thought I'd be spared at least that... guh.

Dani
Soooo delightful!
Melissa
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
You know, I was all set to give this the usual 3-star review, like I do with most of Tessa Dare's slight, anachronistic, but still enjoyable books, and then the heroine stood up in front of a large crowd of people and defiantly said the following of the blacksmith hero:

"And last night...? We. Were. Making. Love. In a bed. All night long. It was hot and sweaty and glorious. I left scratches on his back. He has a freckle just to the right of his navel."

At that point I rolled my eyes so hard I near
Norah Una Sumner

This was an extremely cute and heart-warming novella but also extremely unrealistic. I did quite like our Aaron and I can completely understand Diana. I mean, HOTTIE ALERT!

description

But the plot is really simple... way too simple.
Sam (AMNReader)
It was fine. It was a short story about two sweet and beautiful people and their sweet and beautiful love for each other.
The end.
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Not my favorite in the series, but it was ok.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 Mar 03, 2015 11:39AM
Q&A with Tessa Dare: Beauty and the Blacksmith discussion thread 382 86 Jun 10, 2013 10:45PM
Q&A with Tessa Dare: Diana Highwood's novella - due out in April! 34 56 Mar 09, 2013 10:02PM

• One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (The Rules of Scoundrels, #3)
  • Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #4)
  • A Scot in the Dark (Scandal & Scoundrel, #2)
  • The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel, #1)
  • The Day of the Duchess (Scandal & Scoundrel, #3)
  • A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1)
  • Heartbreaker (Hell's Belles, #2)
  • Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • Married by Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5)
  • Hello Stranger (The Ravenels, #4)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3)
  • Wicked and the Wallflower (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #1)
  • Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)
See top shelves…
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellen

Spindle Cove (5 books)
  • A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)
  • Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
  • Love Letters From a Lord (Spindle Cove, #5)