Start by marking “Blood Guilt (Kit O'Malley Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Guilt (Kit O'Malley Mystery, #1)

Blood Guilt

(Kit O'Malley Mystery #1)

Book 1 in the Kit O'Malley series, BLOOD GUILT is now available as an ebook.

Private investigator Kit OMalley has had more exciting cases than following a wealthy clients husband, but Celia Robinson is paying big money to find out what the libidinous Geoffrey is up to with a blonde, a redhead and entrepreneur Ian Dalkeith and his group of shady businessmen.

Enduring a
Published December 1st 2005 by Bywater Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Guilt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Guilt

Start your review of Blood Guilt (Kit O'Malley Mystery, #1)
Emily Wrayburn
Nov 08, 2017 marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
DNF at page 293.

Okay, I think my love of TV police procedurals does not carry over into the written word. This was taking me so long to get through and I just wasn't interested. I was reading it for a 2017 challenge, but there are other books on my TBR that can fill the same spot.
Cel Jel
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book had me reading it at every opportunity I got. Unfortunately work and life lead to me not getting to it for as long as I wanted each day, so it was read over time. I liked the investigator Kit, and her manner of speech. I was very sad when the person died, as I was really looking forward to getting more interchanges between the investigator and this person. So the investigation is into the death of a person Kit has met.
Set in Melbourne, my home city I enjoyed the descriptions of place
Helen Goltz
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this sassy mystery book that made me cheer and laugh out loud in many places. Kit is a strong, flawed and interesting character. Her pragmatism and sense of humour add terrific spark to the novel. Her cast of 'support' characters provide a good balance and are so well drawn that you feel you know them, or someone like them. This is an easy-to-digest, fast and fun mystery for those who like a bit of escapism and challenge without the drama and gore.
Megan
Jun 06, 2014 added it
Shelves: lesbian-mystery
This is another good, well-written and well-paced lesbian mystery. P.I. Kit OMalley is hired by the rich owner of a successful publishing company to find out what her no-good husband is up to. Along the way she meets with her clients rebellious daughter and also with the beautiful Alex Cazenova, who makes Kits head spin so much that she can barely concentrate on her job. It is seemingly, however, a one-sided attraction.

The mystery is a pretty interesting one, replete with a lot of bad baddies
Terry Baker
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Book One in the Kit OMalley series

Ex cop, now Private Investigator, Kit OMalleys latest job is not very exciting. Shes been hired by a wealthy client and old friend of her mother, Celia Robinson, to follow her cheating husband Geoffrey. The assignment is run of the mill, Kit documents Geoffrey meeting with a blonde, a redhead and businessman, Ian Dalkeith. All quite mundane until a body is found in the Robinsons fish pond.

The cops are on the case, but this doesnt satisfy Celias daughter,
Kageashi
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Kit O'Malley is a fantastic and dynamic character that captures the attention of the reader for all of her foibles. She's not perfect - hell, she's not even that hard boiled of a PI - but her character traits and flaws make her all the more appealing. Take a bit of "The Hardy Boys" but grown up, twist in a bit of Angela Lansbury and a bit of Ellen DeGeneres and you'd have someone vaguely resembling Kit's character....just not as well rounded.

Of particular charm in the book is the utter
Jen
Sep 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great beginning to a new series (well at least new to me)!! Kit O'Malley is that kind of imperfect perfection as a private investigator that gets more than she bargained for when the client she was working for ends up dead. What was once just an adultery case becomes a murder investigation that hits a little too close to home for Kit. Along the way she fights attraction to her new client's lawyer who seems to hate Kit and disapproves of her "friendship" with Quinn (the daughter of Kit's original ...more
Tor
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great book. I loved it and then had to read the next two in the series.
Monica Forrest
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved the first book and immediately bought the second
Bywater Books
May 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
"Kit O'Malley is a welcome addition to the list of female crime-fighters." -Val McDermid
ピネダ ピネダ
Dec 30, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Mostly Women Lovi...: Blood Guilt by Lindy Cameron 22 35 Jan 28, 2014 05:41AM

• The House in the Cerulean Sea
  • A Trifle Dead (Cafe La Femme, #1)
  • Full English
  • Finna (Finna #1)
  • Diagnosis: Solving the Most Baffling Medical Mysteries
  • Broken Star
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine #2)
  • Complications: A Surgeon's Notes on an Imperfect Science
  • Better: A Surgeon's Notes on Performance
  • One by One
  • White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2)
  • Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
  • Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3)
  • Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4, Mercy Thompson World - Complete #11)
  • Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2)
  • Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1)
  • Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3; Mercy Thompson World - Complete #9)
  • Shadows in Death (In Death, #51)

Kit O'Malley Mystery (3 books)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Kit O'Malley Mystery, #2)
  • Thicker Than Water (Kit O'Malley Mystery, #3)

News & Interviews