Start by marking “Screaming Spires (The Cavaliers #2)” as Want to Read:
Screaming Spires (The Cavaliers #2)

Screaming Spires

(The Cavaliers #2)

A Tale of the Posh, the Privileged and the Paranormal...

In her first year at Oxford University, Harriet French became inextricably tied to the Cavaliers, the university's most elite society. Though its members are universally wealthy, charming and handsome, they have a darker side - they are deadly vampires who have been secretly running the country for the last four hundr
Paperback
Published April 12th 2013 by Createspace (first published April 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Screaming Spires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Screaming Spires

Trish at Between My Lines
This review was originally posted on Between My Lines

I’m back at Oxford with my posh, privileged and paranormal friends for second year. And I only regret that I didn’t get to it sooner. Damn my ridiculously long to-be-read list. This series is my current favourite vampire series because I love the way it mixes up college life and history and vampires. Quite the mix but they all mesh together very effectively.

First Line of Screaming Spires:

“I don’t want my daughter dragging into this again,” S
Cats of Ulthar
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Cats of Ulthar by: Full Moon Bites
Review of Screaming Spires by Georgiana Derwent
The Cavaliers #2
5 stars

The War between the Cavaliers and the Roundheads—Royalist supporters of English King Charles I vs. the Puritan followers of Oliver Cromwell who opposed Charles—began in 1642, but in this series it’s still raging, with the difference being that where British humans have primarily left the War behind (except for historians), among Vampires there are still two diametrically opposed groups, and they’re still named “Cavaliers” and
Francis Franklin
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires
Two months ago I reviewed Oxford Blood, the first in the Cavaliers trilogy, and despite a number of complaints about it I enjoyed it enough to request an ARC of the next book, Screaming Spires.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this second book, and it feels like a more mature work. Many of the things I found frustrating in the first book are handled better in the second, and parts of the book are worthy of a five-star rating.

Which is not to say there aren't issues, the main one being the need to
Karen
Sep 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lets start with the fact that I give this 4.5 stars, almost 5, which says a lot.

This book picks up pretty much where the first book, Oxford Blood, leaves off. The story is flawless in its continuation of the plot line making for a great reintroduction before moving forward. All the elements that made the first book so enjoyable are here again with the added pleasure of getting to know a bit more about some of the secondary characters as well as some mains who were not fully fleshed out. This is
Ora
There are quite a few revelations in this book and a few questions that I hope will be answered in the next book. This book gets into a little more detail on how the Roundhouse works and that Augustine’s sister, Fea is their leader. She is gathering the Piso Treasure in order to harm her brother in some way that hasn’t really said. Through gathering the artifacts, Harriet, her cousin and uncle get hurt in the process. Harriet has a lot on her plate with school, dealing with more death than any o ...more
a_tiffyfit
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it
This book picks up right where we left off in "Oxford Blood." Harriet is now dating Tom, accepting and yet not accepting of the Cavaliers and vampire culture in Oxford, and basically coming to grips with the fact that her 'best friend' is now a vampire and her other friend, Olamide, is having a hard time recovering from her ex-boyfriend's, Callum, death.

I liked the history of the Cavaliers being presented, was fascinated to learn more about this Fea person, and really wanted to delve m
Emily
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
In her second year Harriet is back and continues with her ties to the Cavaliers. She has a boyfriend and everything is looking up, until an ancient enemy strikes and Harriet seems to be a target. Secrets will be shared and hearts will break, through it all Harriet will learn more about herself than she ever imagined. Harriet has a rough road ahead of her and isn’t sure who she should trust.

I thought this was an intriguing series, loved the concept of the secret society within Oxford and the hist
Froggarita
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oxford Blood is the first in the Cavaliers series and Screaming Spires is the second.These are the first novels for Georgiana Derwent and I absolutely loved them! I couldn’t stop reading book 1 until I finished it then went directly into book 2! I was up very late that night reading this series! I love that these book was set in England at Oxford and shows us another side of vampires I haven’t seen before. I loved how she set up the vampire hierarchy and that it is pretty much like a fraternity. ...more
Satarupa
Dec 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.
Firstly I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this book.
Well, to be honest I found this book to be quite boring in comparison to book 2. This book stressed on teaching Harriet the dos and don’ts of the Cavaliers and Harriet was outright frustrating, she seemed to be so cliché!!!
I loved the writing style of the author very much and I’m so sad that I couldn
Lori
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book..I read Oxford Blood then immediately read Screaming Spires....I think this book was much better written then the 1st even though I really liked the 1st book also. Between the cavaliers and round heads being introduced into this book made it a bit more exciting. So I have to say if you liked oxford blood you'll really enjoy this book.
I honesty thought it would turn out differently in the end so now I left with wanting to go right into `the cavaliers 3` which I have to
Susan
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
"Screaming Spires" picks up right where the first book left off. As with the first book, the plot was well written and her scene descriptions were fantastic. I'm looking forward to a third book in the series, if that's possible ??

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Lmp
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another page turner from Georgiana Derwent that doesn't disappoint. Full of Oxford atmosphere and historical allusions. Leaves one waiting for the final piece of the jigsaw.
LaGina
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The covers are so beautiful in this series. I would love to have them on my bookshelf. Just like book 1 book 2 didnt let me down. I want to read book 3 NOW!!!!
Leylan
  • Second Bite
  • Touched
  • The Life You Left
  • A Vampire's Christmas Carol
  • Jimmie Joe Johnson: Manwhore (Possum Hollow, #1)
  • Shadowfae (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #1)
  • Harvest Moon (The Harvest Series, #1)
  • Suckers
  • Surviving the Rachel
  • Bloodlines - The Quest
  • Bloodlines
  • When the Music Stops: Dance On (Ballet Trilogy, #2)
  • March to November
  • Krimson
  • Trusting Again (Second Chance, #4)
  • Alice's Alphas (Wolf Clan Shifters #1)
  • The Mutilation Machination
  • Echoes From Afar
I’m British, and originally from Yorkshire (or those who don’t really know British geography, think Winterfell), but now live in London with my husband, Freddie. I studied history at Oxford University and still love everything historical, particularly the three Rs: Renaissance, Restoration and Regency. Afterwards, I trained as a barrister, and now work for the UK Government.

I’m the author of The

The Cavaliers (3 books)
  • Oxford Blood (The Cavaliers, #1)
  • Ivory Terrors (The Cavaliers, #3)