Start by marking “Biggles and Co.” as Want to Read:
Biggles and Co.

Biggles and Co.

(Biggles #10)

'Now Listen, Bigglesworth; I'll tell you what I'm prepared to do, and you can please yourself what you do about it. Run this gang of crooks to earth, or point out to me the man that is at the head of it - or the chief operator in this country - and I'll make you a present of a cheque for ten thousand pounds.'Colonel Raymond from Intelligence persuades Biggles, Algy and ...more
Published July 16th 1992 by Red Fox (first published April 1936)

To ask other readers questions about Biggles and Co., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biggles and Co.

Start your review of Biggles and Co.
Mimi
In all fairness, I can not write an honest review about this book.
I'm prejudiced beyond belief when it comes to the adventures of Biggles.
When I read these books, my heart always soars, and I regress into my 7-year-old self and live through these adventures like only a kid can...
These books are no literary masterpieces, but they mean the world to me.
Gerry
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another all-action adventure for Major James Bigglesworth and his trusty sidekicks Algy Lacey and 'Ginger' Hebblethwaite.

The threesome are relaxing at the aerodrome when Biggles is approached about undertaking a seemingly dangerous job. He is asked to deliver valuable cargoes to the continent by Paul Cronfelt of Cronfelt & Carstairs, bullion brokers and dealers in precious stones.

Biggles somewhat reluctantly agrees to consider the position. His immediate reaction is to decline the job and he
Daniel Bratell
Feb 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Between the wars Biggles find himself with nothing special to do when he's approached by a bank asking if he can start a transportation company for vulnerable goods. Not being one to back down from a challenge, he and his friends accept, starts Biggles & Company and the action begins.

As most Biggles books it's about the action and the events. Not about the characters and emotions. That said, there is actually a female character in the book and she is not portrayed all wrong. That makes this
Hans
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
That much gold, in those planes ?????
Katka
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Biggles & Co.'s escape from the castle in this one is just legendary :D It's one of the best Biggles yarns there is.
Also, I hope von Stalhein liked the books Biggles had 'sent' him...
Tommy Verhaegen
Spannen avontuur met een fikse dosis humor. Vlot leesbaar, netjes chronologisch opgebouwd, een flink aantal mini-hoogtepunten en een grote (en langere) climax. Hoewel het best mogelijk is om het boek na een van de hoogtepunten neer te leggen en later verder te lezen, vermoed ik dat de meesten - zoals ik - het boek meteen uitlezen. Het sleept je gewoon mee en leest zo makkelijk weg dat je helemaal niet merkt hoe de tijd voorbijgaat. De plot zelf bevat niet echt verrassingen al was dat misschien ...more
Clare Farrelly
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can never get to old for Biggles books, they are fun rip roaring adventures. This one is really great as all the best characters are in there, even the best enemy. The book is full of mystery and suspense and highly tense and also amusing scenes. Biggles, Algy, Ginger and even Biggle's arch enemy are all back together here, oh and Raymond too.

These book have a touch of Sherlock Holmes in them and a lot of cool aeroplane flights and ingenious plans that Biggles only decides to tell us about
Chris
Jan 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

As a young teenager I must have read dozens of the adventures stories of Biggles written by Captain W. E. Johns. So picking up ‘Biggles and Co’ quite by chance was a trip down memory lane. All my favorite characters were there in a hair rising story. Even Biggles lifetime enemy proofs to have risen from the death, breathtaking. Also surprising to read how the smart Biggles, like a real amateur alchemist changes gold into led. A big surprise, especially for the robbers involved.
Aldo Biggles is
Salome
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I shall probably dream about Algy rising up from the fireplace :) Adventurous story with lots of "old friends" from the first war.
Edwin
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jeugd, 2016
Ah. Een verhaal met Erich von Stalhein. Altijd goed voor een paar fijne uren.
Ashkhan
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: general-fiction
Easy to read adventures of the famous pilot.
Leslie Crawley
Jun 08, 2018
Toby Jones
Aug 11, 2017

• The Life and Times of King George VI 1895-1952
  • The Alchemist's Secret (Ben Hope #1)
  • Love Dreaming and Other Poems
  • Kitchen Curse
  • Mr Loverman
  • King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table
  • The Meursault Investigation
  • Over the Gate (Fairacre, #5)
  • Norse Myths
  • Thoughts on Design
  • ساعة بغداد
  • Generalized Additive Models: An Introduction with R
  • The User's Journey: Storymapping Products That People Love
  • At Risk (Liz Carlyle, #1)
Invariably known as Captain W.E. Johns, William Earl Johns was born in Bengeo, Hertfordshire, England. He was the son of Richard Eastman Johns, a tailor, and Elizabeth Johns (née Earl), the daughter of a master butcher. He had a younger brother, Russell Ernest Johns, who was born on 24 October 1895.

He went to Hertford Grammar School where he was no great scholar but he did develop into a crack

Biggles (1 - 10 of 126 books)
  • Biggles The Camels Are Coming