Start by marking “Sacred Sites: Searching for Book of Mormon Lands” as Want to Read:
Sacred Sites: Searching for Book of Mormon Lands

Sacred Sites: Searching for Book of Mormon Lands

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  52 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews

The primary purpose of this book is to bring to life the historical and geographical elements of the Book of Mormon. It will also show how, in most circumstances, these details can lead us to Christ, which is the ultimate purpose of the Book of Mormon.

Published November 1st 2003 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Sacred Sites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacred Sites

Eric
Sep 28, 2010 rated it liked it
Not as in-depth as Allen's previous "Exploring the Lands of the Book of Mormon", it seems that book is required reading for this one. All of Allen's claims are stated as givens, matter-of-factly, with little supporting evidence, mostly unsubstantiated conjecture based on a fleeting glimpse of something. If you want the reasons he claims a particular extant site matches a particular ancient one, you have to go into his more thorough, earlier publication. Some of his observations just do not work, ...more
Hector Sosa
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was the best book on this subject that I have read. It clearly states the correlation between the different Mesoamerican cultures with their counterparts in the Book Of Mormon. It also matches the different eras (ie Pre-Classical, Classical, and Post-Classical) and matches it with the different migrations done by Nephites, Lamanites, Mulekites, and Jaredites. I was fascinated by the modern-day translations of names of personages and places.

This book also has the latest archeological finds,
Bev
May 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: church-history
This book was my trip to Central America, excellent photos of all the major Book of Mormon sites. The author gives a short description of each, tying it into scripture. It seemed to include all the discoveries of the last twenty years plus, of course, older discoveries. The author 'suggests' that each place is the named place in the Book of Mormon and gives reasons why. Very interesting.
Cindy
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It gave me a whole need and exciting perspective when reading the Book of Mormon. I look forward to reading it again, but knowing where the various people migrated to and from.
Lataun
May 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Thanks Penny for lending this to me. After visiting some ruins in Mexico, I was fascinated in learning more.
Crazy Uncle Ryan
Good book. It was well written and well researched.
Galaxyflyer
Jan 04, 2010 rated it liked it

This is a nice book I leave out on my Couch Table for every one to look at.
Beth
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
incredible book, correlating events and places in the Book of Mormon to archaeological sites in Mesoamerica. Scientific evidence of what I have believed all my life!
Stephanie Whittaker