Start by marking “Cross My Heart (Hidden Diary, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cross My Heart (Hidden Diary, #1)

Cross My Heart

(Hidden Diary #1)

Lucy doesn-t want to spend the coming months on Catalina Island, but when she stumbles across an old diary, things look up. Ages 11-14. Hidden Diary book 1.
Published May 1st 2001 by Bethany House Publishers (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Cross My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cross My Heart

Start your review of Cross My Heart (Hidden Diary, #1)
Heather
It was cute and kind and gave a great example of a perfect friend relationship. Also the parents aren't perfect, but they are what they need to be. ...more
Jenn Leishman
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Christians (preferably girls) who enjoy non-actiony mysteries.
Shelves: middle-grade
This book, overall, was good. I got it from a friend in a book swap, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm usually not the biggest fan of mysteries. This book surprised me! I actually enjoyed it! ...more
Delaney
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved it!!! I read the next one and now I am waiting for the 3rd one to come.
I would love to find a old diary and have that adventure.
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“For once Lucy Larson is looking forward to her summer—what could be better than spending twelve weeks on exotic Catalina Island and sharing the adventure with her cousin? When her cousin’s visit is canceled, though, Lucy faces another long summer of tagging along on her scientist dad’s boring research outings.
Lucy’s about to pack up and go home. But when she stumbles upon a letter dated 1932, things begin to look up. The writers of the letter mention a hidden diary and gives c
Atali
Aug 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I accutually rate this book 41/2. This book is a great summer book, but it is 110 pages long and fits the whole beginning plot. It dosen't have enough introduction, but it has a way to fast plot. One morning she'll find this, the evening she'll find this and the next morning she'll talk to this person,ext.... The author tried to slow things up, but It didn't work. The main story was good, so I plan on reading the rest of the series. ...more
The Romance Bookie
I remember loving this book so much! The story was really good! The idea of two girls becoming best friends and going on an adventure looking for the clues to a hidden treasure hidden many years earlier, I found to be very exciting. I loved how the book took place on Catalina during the summer. Catalina is one of the most beautiful places.
Evelynn
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A quick, fun read meant for tweens more than for people my age, but still good. The plot paced itself nicely, I thought, but they did stumble upon the diary pretty quickly. But I guess that helped some other situations come to the surface.

Overall, it was a nice little change, and I look forward to reading the rest of the series...if I can get a hold of every book past number two.
Dec 09, 2009 rated it liked it
I love the premise of a hidden diary, two girls find a diary that two girls their age wrote years ago. It was also fun to think about living in a new town for the summer and reading the diary over the entire summer with your new friend.
Natalia
Dec 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This should be a good book for the 5th Grade Girlz bookclub.
Melenia
Sep 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: childhood
Good read
Lynley
Read these when I was probably 9--they had little of substance but were entertaining, which was basically all I wanted at that age anyhow.
Brooke
Aug 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
It was really good!!!
Jessamyn Leigh
rated it it was ok
Oct 07, 2013
rated it did not like it
Sep 19, 2011
Jul 04, 2009
Emily
Apr 04, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dream On (Whatever After, #4)
  • I Am Legend
  • Elevation
  • Florida
  • A Season of Hope (Heartland, #17)
  • Tomorrow's Promise (Heartland, #10)
  • Beyond the Sunrise (Dolphin Diaries #10)
  • Taking Chances (Heartland, #4)
  • Love Is a Gift (Heartland, #15)
  • Dancing the Seas (Dolphin Diaries, #8)
  • Leaving The Shallows (Dolphin Diaries #9)
  • Riding the Storm (Dolphin Diaries #3)
  • Touching the Waves (Dolphin Diaries #2)
  • One Day You'll Know (Heartland, #6)
  • Into the Blue (Dolphin Diaries, #1)
  • Under the Stars (Dolphin Diaries #4)
  • Sooner or Later (Heartland, #12)
  • True Enough (Heartland, #11)
Bestselling author Sandra Byrd has published fifty books over her editing and writing career. Her traditionally published books include titles by Howard Books, a division of Simon and Schuster, Tyndale House Publishers, WaterBrook Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House, and Bethany House Publishers.

Sandra’s series of historically sound Gothic romances launched with the best-selling Mist of Mid

Hidden Diary (8 books)
  • Make a Wish (Hidden Diary #2)
  • Just Between Friends (Hidden Diary #3)
  • Take a Bow (Hidden Diary #4)
  • Change of Heart (Hidden Diary #5)
  • Pass It On (Hidden Diary #6)
  • Take a Chance (Hidden Diary #7)
  • One Plus One (Hidden Diary #8)