Start by marking “The Daffodil Principle” as Want to Read:
The Daffodil Principle

The Daffodil Principle

4.52  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Every year, high in the San Bernadino mountain range of Southern California, five acres of beautiful daffodils burst into bloom. Amazingly, this special spot, known as "The Daffodil Garden," was planted by one person, one bulb at a time, over a period of thirty-five years.

Since “The Daffodil Principle” was first published, the story has gained international popularity an
Hardcover
Published February 24th 2004 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about The Daffodil Principle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Daffodil Principle

Alice
Jun 07, 2011 rated it liked it
This is a good little book. It reminds us how we can do amazing things just one step, or one day at a time.

Favorite quote.

"One bulb at a time. There was no other way to do it. One bulb at a time. No shortcuts--simply loving the slow process of planting. Loving the work as it unfolded. Loving an achievement that grew slowly and bloomed for only three weeks of each year."

"We can choose a goal and begin to move toward it. By multiplying tiny pieces of time with increments of daily effort, we can
Lisa
Dec 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
A lovely story showing one of life's blessings. Those types of things always teach you something. In this case it is that there are "no shortcuts--simply loving the slow process of planting. Loving the work as it unfold[s].". Yes, a lovely story and a beautiful lesson.
Linda
Jul 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I enjoyed this because of it's proximity to where I live. Unfortunatley the fields are closed to the public now. I used the message though for an inspirational thought to ladies that I visit while bringing them some daffodils.
Megan
Dec 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This just helps me to remember one step at a time. I can eventually make huge differences if I just do one or two great things a day. Over time we can move places or touch other people. It's hard to step back a see where we have come sometimes.
Tammy
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love the message and the illustrations!
Kristenjorgensen
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a gem this little 12 page read is. Simple, beautiful principle of persistence to bring about something beautiful. Wonderful.
Carol
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute little inspirational book. "Don't be discouraged. Start today." " We, too, can change the world.
Angela
Nov 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
beautifully illustrated,
Vicki
Apr 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A simple book to read with a great message about how we can make a difference.
Maverick
Sep 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Quick read with an inspirational message.
Becky
Mar 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspirational
I love the true story of the difference one woman made..planting one daffodil at a time!
Brenda
Jan 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
We can change the world around us, one small step at a time! This gift book is beautifully illustrated. Each time I read it, I love the story more!
Terah Young
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love the principle that one person can make a difference
Andrea