Start by marking “Death at the Wheel (Thea Kozak, #3)” as Want to Read:
Death at the Wheel (Thea Kozak, #3)

Death at the Wheel

(Thea Kozak #3)

Thea Kozak is back in Kate Flora's third novel as the heroine tries to find out about a horrific accident at the local auto race track. From crooked rednecks to suspicious bank frauds, meddling relatives, and psychotic ex-lovers, Thea faces some hard prospects.
Published November 1st 1996 by Forge

To ask other readers questions about Death at the Wheel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death at the Wheel

Start your review of Death at the Wheel (Thea Kozak, #3)
Trimaze
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thea Kozak, the main character in this mystery series is not a professional detective or even a police officer but she somehow always seems to get involved in the investigation of someone’s murder. In the first book of the series, she solved the murder of her sister. In the second book it’s the murder of her friends mother. In this third book of the series she gets involved in the the “accidental death”/murder of the husband of an acquaintance of her mother’s.

Each book in the series builds on h
Mary Garrett
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
DEATH AT THE WHEEL by Kate Flora
Yes, I did read until 2 a.m. because I just couldn’t leave the fray. Good friends pulling together, getting through the unthinkable. I LOVE this series.
A race car “accident” — tampering. Mother’s friend and fellow volunteer accused, and Mom says Thea must fix it, as always, with no appreciation, just criticism.
Wisdom:
“ . . . a girl who can’t say no. Women learn how to say no.”
“I always have my keys ready when I cross a parking lot at night. That’s just good sens
Mandy Walkden-Brown
An okay read, but it was a touch too easy to work out who the murderer was. And Thea did some rather lacking in common sense things. Didn't care for her family either. It was actually rather hard to find someone to like amongst all the characters and I didn't feel connected to any of them. Even reread the book after an interval, just to make sure. Nope, still couldn't connect and some of Thea's choices seemed even more questionable the second time around.

The writing itself is of good quality an
Ellen White
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Easter, the plant one is to bring, and dinner at one’s parents.instead of a walk on the beach and a good book. They had invited someone Julie and her two little girls. Her husband a week ago died in a car accident.My family persist that Thea will fix it, and no privacy within the family either. Knowing that her mother and Thea both saw Carrie in Julie, broken and needing help. To find out her husband was not well liked. Thought he was arrogant,
and pigheaded, now saying someone killed him.
Thea’
Michelle
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another winner in the Thea Kozak mystery series! Over Easter dinner Thea’s mother guilts her into an investigation for a young mother who reminds them both of Thea’s dead sister. Even through her own misgivings she starts to dig to try and help this seemingly helpless young woman. She then finds herself in one dangerous situation after another not quite realizing how it all comes about. Meanwhile her professional life which she comes to rely on may now be in danger of dissolution and she wavers ...more
Nancy Noble
Jul 24, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a fun read for riding the ferry - light and entertaining. Some of the dialogue, especially between Andre and Thea, seemed a bit corny and silly, but overall an interesting story with good characters. Love the interaction between Thea and her mom, and that story line there. I usually try to read books in order, but I had come across this copy somewhere, so it was the first book I read by Kate Flora. I may want to read some of her other books in the series, especially the first and second ...more
T Olsen
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a well written story with great characters and a good flow of action. The plot has a few things that are not very plausible, but it's still good and entertaining.
I received this book for free from eBook Discovery. I voluntarily post this review. This is my honest review.
Evonne Hutton
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kate Flora rocks!! This was one book I am glad I read. The mystery just kept on becoming more complex. Good story line and characters well defined. I look forward to reading more from the same author.
I received a copy of this book from eBook Discovery in exchange for my honest review.
Brittany
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yet another rollicking mystery. I couldn’t put it down. I received a copy of this book from eBook Discovery. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. This is my honest review.
Diane Heath
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Thea's mother asks Thea to help a friend. Chaos ensues.
Jen
Mar 05, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the crime fiction genre
So...I'm taking a writing class with the author, and read the book during this time, so my review is a bit tainted with that knowledge, and is a bit haphazard.

First of all, I didn't realize that this was the third in the series. It wasn't until I neared the end that I noticed this. During the reading, I had some questions that weren't answered, and I think it's because there's background that was set up in the first two books. Blurbs on the cover compare Thea (the main character) to Sue Grafton
Byron Hill
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good Book.
Ann
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Thea is an educational consultant, an occupation which doesn't immediately bring to mind a rough and tumble private
eye character -- but she manages to get a lot of action in her 'spare time' The running story line has her in a partnership with a close friend, running their own business consulting and advising schools, her somewhat dysfunctional family interfering with her life, she has some close friends on the police force including a pretty yummy boyfriend and she is a stubborn investigator wh
Missy
Feb 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Book #9 read in 2012

Normally, I really enjoy Thea's spunk, but I found myself getting annoyed by her thoughtless, risky behavior. I do, however, enjoy the secondary characters in Thea's life.
Holly
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fun series, perfect for a Kindle on a trip
Nikki
Jan 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2007-reads, mysteries
Thea Kozak investigates what at first appears to have been a freak auto accident, but turns out to be murder, with many fascinating and repellent ramifications.
Pat
Aug 25, 2007
Kim McDougall
Jul 09, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Watching Over Me (Crime After Crime #1)
  • Last Day
  • Hit the Road Jack (Jack Ryder #1)
  • Issued to the Bride: One Airman (Brides of Chance Creek, #2)
  • The Worth Series Boxed Set (The Worth, #4-6)
  • The Charismatic Cowboy (Firestone Falls, #1)
  • Bitter Falls (Stillhouse Lake #4)
  • Night on Fire (Violet Darger FBI Thriller Book 6)
  • The Winner Maker
  • A Very Stable Genius: Donald J. Trump's Testing of America
  • The Family Journal
  • Shelter for Sophie (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes, #8)
  • The Marvell Crescent Murders: Dusty Kent's First Case (Dusty Kent Mysteries #0.5)
  • Sins of the Fathers (J.P. Beaumont #24)
  • The Sydney Harbour Hospital Series Collection Books 1-5
  • A Conspiracy of Bones (Temperance Brennan, #19)
  • Suddenly Psychic (Glimmer Lake, #1)
  • The Perfect Lie (Jessie Hunt #5)
Kate Flora grew up on a chicken farm in Maine where the Friday afternoon trip to the library was the high point of her week. She dreamed of being able to create the kind of compelling, enchanting worlds of the books she disappeared into every week, but growing up in the era when “help wanted” ads were still sex-segregated, she felt her calling was to go to law school and get the job they told her ...more

Thea Kozak (9 books)
  • Chosen for Death (The Thea Kozak Mystery Series, Book 1)
  • Death in a Funhouse Mirror (The Thea Kozak Mystery Series, Book 2)
  • An Educated Death (The Thea Kozak Mystery Series, Book 4)
  • Death in Paradise (Thea Kozak, #5)
  • Liberty or Death (Thea Kozak, #6)
  • Stalking Death (The Thea Kozak Mystery Series, Book 7)
  • Death Warmed Over (The Thea Kozak Mystery Series, Book 8)
  • Schooled in Death (Thea Kozak, #9)