Start by marking “An Educated Death (Thea Kozak, #4)” as Want to Read:
An Educated Death (Thea Kozak, #4)

An Educated Death

(Thea Kozak #4)

In An Educated Death, the fourth Thea Kozak novel, Thea faces what may be her most tragic mystery yet, which begins when a young girl drowns at a private New England high school. The death rocks the quiet world of privileged academia, and Thea is called in to provide counseling for the students and faculty, and to work on a much needed evaluation of the school's safety pro ...more
Published October 1st 1997 by Forge

To ask other readers questions about An Educated Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Educated Death

Start your review of An Educated Death (Thea Kozak, #4)
Mary Garrett
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read late and was up early to finish Kate Flora's AN EDUCATED DEATH -- twisty and compelling, part MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS and part PEYTON PLACE with much that I did not see coming. I slept when Thea did, made coffee when Thea did, had for breakfast at the conclusion and then de-stressed with an aqua class. (Thea had more energetic options ;-)
Thea’s personal life has to take a back seat to deal with a suspicious drowning death at a private school. While studying procedures for keeping stu
Trimaze
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
An Educated Death is the fourth book in the Thea Kozak mystery series. Thea, an educational consultant and the main character in the series, continuously finds herself right in the middle of someone’s mysterious death. This time it is the “accidental” drowning of a sixteen year old student at a private school which Thea is called in to help. The drowning victims death becomes more intriguing when her pregnancy is revealed.

I have read and enjoyed all the books in this series so far. I especially
Evonne Hutton
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thea once again rushes into the fray with guns blazing!!!
This tough, independent, lovable fixer of all wrongs simply becomes more crabby when things do not go her way!
Good story line with characters that hold their own.

I received this book for free from eBook Discovery. This is my honest review.
T Olsen
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely the best I have read by Kate Flora. As always, very well written and great characters, but this story is moving along all the time with very little waste. Mysteries and thrilling action very well described.
I received this book for free from eBook Discovery. I voluntarily post this review. This is my honest review.
Peter Sullins
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took a bit to get into the story & there were a lot of side channels but all-in-all a good tale. Pretty well plotted & except for the side channels, it moved along pretty well. Looking for other Flora books to read. ...more
Saadia
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Surprisingly, I thought it was a very well written thriller, well-paced, full of twists and turns yet very readable and humane. This story deals with a troubled teenage girl who triggers powerful emotions in her wake and ends up destroyed by the adults who should be legally responsible for her welfare.

The author presents the death at the beginning and sets events in motion to unearth the reasons and details at the exclusive prep school.

The heroine is given the responsibility to review school pro
Jean Boobar
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Byron Hill
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book (Book #4 of the Thea Kozak Mystery Series) may be interrupted due to due date at the library. Finally finished ... Good book; Kate Flora's getting very creative with her Consultant (Character) so that she can get her wrapped up in another dangerous investigation.
Claire
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Being a sucker for any mystery having to do with a school or educational institution, this fast-paced saga by Kate Flora hit the mark for summer reading. The heroine is tough, and a little larger than life---but all in all, the book kept my interest.
Allison Henle
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
The mystery itself was fine, but all these supposedly intelligent and well-educated people just act like idiots so that the plot can reach 380 pages.
Crystal
Sep 26, 2013 rated it liked it
One of the few books where I didn't figure out who the killer was before the main character. That, and the short blurb about Massachusetts' drivers, really made this book enjoyable.
Pat
May 15, 2011 added it
Thea Kozak
Missy
Nov 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Book #67 read in 2012

This one dragged a bit. Thea was not especially likable or endearing as a heroine. I missed some of my favorite characters, too.
Cindy
Jul 28, 2020
Jonquil
Jul 08, 2012
Kate Flora
rated it did not like it
Sep 02, 2017
Mar 08, 2018
Kate North
Jul 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Never Ever (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, #3)
  • Hit the Road Jack (Jack Ryder #1)
  • Watching Over Me (Crime After Crime #1)
  • Ruthless Charity (Charity Styles Caribbean Thriller #2)
  • Last Day
  • In the Dark
  • Merciless Charity (Charity Styles #1)
  • A Very Stable Genius: Donald J. Trump's Testing of America
  • Suddenly Psychic (Glimmer Lake, #1)
  • In an Instant
  • Lost Hills (Eve Ronin #1)
  • Beyond Good & Evil (A Victor Loshak Thriller #1)
  • Bitter Falls (Stillhouse Lake #4)
  • Love Her Better (Kaid Ranch Shifters, #4)
  • One Last Step (A Tara Mills Mystery––Book One)
  • Little Whispers
  • Family Secrets (Whispering Pines Mystery #1)
  • One Last Child (Tallman's Valley Detectives #1)
Kate Flora grew up on a chicken farm in Maine where the Friday afternoon trip to the library was the high point of her week. She dreamed of being able to create the kind of compelling, enchanting worlds of the books she disappeared into every week, but growing up in the era when “help wanted” ads were still sex-segregated, she felt her calling was to go to law school and get the job they told her ...more

Thea Kozak (9 books)
  • Chosen for Death (The Thea Kozak Mystery Series, Book 1)
  • Death in a Funhouse Mirror (The Thea Kozak Mystery Series, Book 2)
  • Death at the Wheel (The Thea Kozak Mystery Series, Book 3)
  • Death in Paradise (Thea Kozak, #5)
  • Liberty or Death (Thea Kozak, #6)
  • Stalking Death (The Thea Kozak Mystery Series, Book 7)
  • Death Warmed Over (The Thea Kozak Mystery Series, Book 8)
  • Schooled in Death (Thea Kozak, #9)