Start by marking “Thomas and the Naughty Diesel (Thomas & Friends)” as Want to Read:
Thomas and the Naughty Diesel (Thomas & Friends)

Thomas and the Naughty Diesel (Thomas & Friends)

3.4  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Diesel tries to be good, but no one will give him a chance. It is only when Thomas gets stuck in the mud that Diesel gets the chance to prove himself by coming to the rescue in this adorable and heart-warming Pictureback®.
Published August 3rd 1999 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Thomas and the Naughty Diesel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thomas and the Naughty Diesel

Paul Dilley
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Only three stars because my son likes it. Sir Topham Hat controls the means of production and has a morality of obedience and order. Written by a priest, but not really theological. The emphasis on disciplines seems monastic, but then again there is no trace of spiritual exercises like prayer.
Nick
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
This book kick-started my son's obsession with trains! We had a table and plenty of Thomas and his friends, but when he received this book as a gift for his 2nd birthday, everything clicked. He walked around saying "Naughty Diesel" for days (still does).
Amber Clapper
Nov 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. The message is very important and will be very valuable for children. The book teaches how you never know when you are going to need someone so don’t burn your bridges. I also think forgiveness is part of this book. Even though the diesel had made mistakes in the past didn’t mean that everyone should be rude to him now after all he is the strongest engine. A good activity to go along with this book would be for students to pick what they think their strongest point it and dra ...more
Rosa Cline
Jan 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, 2016, 2017
In this story Thomas and his friends have been bullied before by Diesel and so when Diesel comes to fill in for a sick engine everyone expects him to be 'bad'... they tease him and tell him they know what he did in the past. After a while he gets frustrated and pushes some carts off the track. BUT later Thomas needs help the track is slick and Clarabelle has fallen off the rails. Diesel feels bad that no one likes him and he really does want to have friends so he comes and helps Thomas as a true ...more
Natalie Pietro
Jan 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I had one big problem with this book. Some little kid who borrowed this book from the library tore out the first few pages so my son and I couldn't comprehend why this diesel is so upset. I guess if we knew we would have understood everything more clearly. Still my son enjoyed Thomas and his mischievous friends even with part of the story missing. I just need to find another copy of this book so I can finally read the whole story.
Wooden Horse
May 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 8x8-picture
There's not much I can say about Thomas that most parent's of toddlers don't already know. Although the "Naughty Diesel" is initially bad he ends up helping save the day and everyone is glad that he came and hopes he can come back again.
PWRL
Apr 22, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
E
Laci
Sep 03, 2012 rated it liked it
This teaches kids a good lesson on how to not let your anger get away from you. If I was teaching kids about emotions this would ve a good book to read.
Cws
Jul 08, 2009 added it
Shelves: je
JEAud-Yee
Esmoi
Jan 16, 2010 rated it liked it
Diesel actually develops as a character throughout this book, rather than just being mean all the time. I like to think my son notices that sort of thing.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Wilbert Vere Awdry, OBE, better known as the Rev. W. Awdry, was an English clergyman, railway enthusiast and children's author, and creator of Thomas the Tank Engine, who starred in Awdry's acclaimed Railway Series.

The characters that would make Awdry famous, and the first stories featuring them, were invented in 1943 to amuse his son Christopher during a bout of measles. The first book (The Three
More about Wilbert Awdry...