Start by marking “Exiles in Time (After Cilmeri, # 5)” as Want to Read:
Exiles in Time (After Cilmeri, # 5)

Exiles in Time

(After Cilmeri #5)

Two years in Afghanistan; four years working for MI-5, the British security service; and the death of both of his parents from cancer. At the age of thirty-four, Callum thought he’d experienced the worst that life could throw at him. That is, until his boss ordered him to open a buried file on his desk and to take it seriously. His new assignment: to detain and question a ...more
Published February 26th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published February 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Exiles in Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exiles in Time

Start your review of Exiles in Time (After Cilmeri, # 5)
Kyra Dunst
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Though set in Scotland, rather than Wales, this installment was well written and the characters were heartfelt. I hope to see another book in the series, hopefully Cassie and Bronwen can get together and shock the court with their outlandish behavior. And Cullen definitely needs more time on stage to battle his demons. He is such a sweet guy, and I'm sure fatherhood would sit well with him.
Christina
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this series, and this book delivered. The Scotland setting was fun!
Barbara A Hajduk
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the book, as well as the series! Very interesting story line.
Rebecca
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful series full of action, suspense and love. I can't wait fir the next book!!
Amy
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
:-)
more please......
Shawna  Wood (A Girl and Her Books)
While I love this series and I'm always intrigued by the political landscape of medieval times, this was not my favorite book.

I wasn't able to connect as much with these characters. I think I just really missed David, Anna, Meg and that whole gang. I just so invested in their lives I want only want to read about this.

I will continue to read this series and looking forward to the next book in the series!
Laure Reminick
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fascinated by the idea of dealing with a different time, either forward or backward. That this excellently written book is set in Scotland makes it's a total win for me.

Woodbury manages two very believable characters from the 21st Century, and how they would handle a medieval life. Add in a mystery, political intrigue and DOING THE RIGHT THING, and the story is a total win.
Sandy
Jun 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed getting to know Callum better and meeting Cassie, even though their ending was a foregone conclusion from the moment they met. Was good to see Marty, and know that he's doing well, and the move to Scotland was fun. It'll be interesting to see how the time travellers' influence works out there.
Meg
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! I don't know what it was about these characters which drew my love even more strongly than those I was already familiar with, but Sarah captured breathing people with her words and tossed them into my lap when I began to read! Such a gloriously good read!
Bruce
I liked the basic story line. I liked all of the characters except for Cassie; she was a bit to moody.
Amanda Geard
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another exciting instalment from alternative Britain! No longer confined to only Wales this time we get to know some new characters and travel to Scotland. Callum is sent to Scotland by David to help with determining the next King of Scotland, on the way he meets Cassie who arrived in the alternative Middle Ages completely by accident and has been surviving on her wits alone in the Scottish highlands. Cassie helps Callum with help after an ambush and their adventure together begins.

Yet another g
Sallie Young
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 souls joined

In this installment we venture to Scotland. Call in is sent by the king to seat a king for Scotland and hope to head off civil war among the clans. After his entourage is ambushed he meets Cassie. She turns out to have traveled when Meg flew. We also meet the pilot who survived and became a village leader. Cassie is really reluctant to continue the relationship with Callun when she learns he is an Earl.
Diane
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Callus, now the Earl of Shrewsbury, is sent to Scotland by King David to mediate the choosing of the next King of Scotland. Along the way, his men are ambushed and he meets Cassie, who also happens to be a time traveler.
Wendy Keane
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't stop readin

I cannot stop reading ! I am sleep deprived but it is so worth it! Such great characters and great story.
Magdalena
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
The writing was fine but I found myself bored with the storyline after two chapters and decided not to continue.
Belinda Begger
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exiles in time book

It was great. Can't wait to read the next book. Thanks for writing this book series. Sure enjoying the books
Carol
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable good story telling.
Michelle Louise
Good but I miss the main cast

Most of this book takes place in Scotland and while it gives callum a chance to shine, it also loses some of the charm. There are a lot of new characters introduced and not one but two new time travelers. Although to be fair one of them is not a surprise if you've been paying attention to how the mechanics of time travel work in this universe.

Honestly I was waiting for this. It's been a Loose end for a while.

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of Cassie. She's got
Mina
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just recently started reading the After Cilmeri Series and I LOVE everything about it. I read all 12 books in 2 weeks and can't wait for the next one to arrive on my kindle next month.
Tessa
Mar 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I love series, I love to know what happens next to characters and I hate the 'and they lived happily ever after' endings. I want to know what happens next, I want to know the childrens children names. Yes i'm that kind of person. Having said that I wished the author would have left more to the imagination in this series, I probably wouldn't have grown tired of it.

Spoilers ahead for this book and the ones before that:

After Cilmeri is good enough, I gave all the books 3 stars (except for daughter
Jilly
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: after-cilmeri
Callum has been brought back in time with Llywellyn and Meg and now he's stuck but he's finding his footing with David, King of England and Prince of Wales. Of course, now Scotland is in need of a King and David isn't going to repeat the history he knows and try taking Scotland for himself especially after fighting long and hard to free Wales.

In comes Callum, who is sent into Scotland to help the crowning of a King along. Things going horribly wrong when Callum's party is ambushed and he's left
Anna Ring
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was a bit worried throughout this book that , like some other series' I have read that the author would abandon the original characters, or make the original characters remain in the background. I was very relieved to find that this was not the case here. the author used this book to tell background stories of characters she has added.
I found this to be an eccentric book, and was glad that a few more main characters were added, it is my hope that the series will continue for a VERY long time!
Sandra Pulliam
Aug 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Not my favorite book in the series. I like that Callum goes on his own adventure and finds another time traveler; however, it seemed very unnecessary. I missed all the main characters and the whole time I was waiting for that connection to tie in all the other books. I just felt that this venture into Scotland was a total disconnect from the other books. That being said, I still stayed up late reading and still bought the next book in the series. I truly think the author is very talented and enj ...more
Donna
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a bit different than the other ones in the series. It wasn't focused directly on Meg's family. Although, David was a huge part of the story, this book was focused on two individuals that Meg accidentally brought back in time with her in previous books. I enjoyed this little side trip to learn more about some of the other characters in the series. I am looking forward to reading more of this series.
Eunice Korczak
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am partial to time travel stories - they just wake up my imagination. I am also partial to fantasy placed in a medieval setting, whether the author adheres to the actual historical facts or not. After all history is some guy's fiction and relates it through his beliefs and prejudices. So "Exiles in Time" by Sarah Woodbury is time travel with a medieval setting. In itself that would pull a few stars from me. But is also well crafted and just plain fun to read. I give it five stars.
Meri
Amazing!

I just love reading these stories. Historical fiction has become one of my top favorite genres. The medieval time period is always fascinating to me and the stories that Sarah writes makes you feel like you're living in it and you're in the story. I get so caught up in her books that I lose myself in them.
Vellvin
May 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: time-travel
This is a light read and was entertaining while being loung-bound the other week. *spoilers*I really want Cassie and Callum to come back to the medieval world. *end spoiler* Prince of Time, is still however the best!
Calli
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This adventure is concentrated in medieval Scotland, and while all the other familiar characters are involved, it centers around a British MI5 agent who got pulled along when Meg and Llewelyn returned from modern day Wales at the end of the last book. Plenty of adventure and twists.
Carole Johnson
Enjoyed the plot and the history

Well written. Liked the intrigue of the era but feel the use of profanity totally unnecessary. Especially do not want to see God's name taken in vain nor see the 'f' word.
Ann
Jul 01, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was ok but it didn't excite me. I realise that I was reading book 5 in a series and the author did a good job of introducing new readers to the series. It was just not my cup of tea. I have read other much more interesting time travel books, the books by Diana Gabaldon come to mind.

• The Message of Blood (Thomas Berrington #8)
  • Highlander's Unwanted Bride
  • Sins of the Fathers: A Gavin Rownt Medieval Mystery (Gavin Rownt Medieval Mysteries Book 3)
  • Forest of Souls (Ela of Salisbury Medieval Mysteries, #4)
  • A Time Of End (The Executioner Knights #4)
  • The Last Dance (The Near-Earth Mysteries, #1)
  • Highlander's Lionheart (Beasts of the Highland #1)
  • Winter of Solace (Executioner Knights #5)
  • The Promise of Pain (Thomas Berrington #7)
  • The Mountain Dark (The Executioner Knights #2)
  • The Corpse at Windsor Bridge (Stephen Attebrook Mysteries #10)
  • A Matter of Justice: A Matthew Cordwainer Medieval Mystery (Matthew Cordwainer Medieval Mysteries Book 11)
  • All the Ways We Said Goodbye
  • The Claiming (Circle of Ceridwen Saga #3)
  • Starless (The Executioner Knights #3)
  • The Wayward Apprentice (Stephen Attebrook Mysteries #1)
  • Harley Merlin 16: Finch Merlin and the Blood Tie
  • Never Doubt a Duke (Never, #1)
With over a million books sold to date, Sarah Woodbury is the author of more than forty novels, all set in medieval Wales. Although an anthropologist by training, and then a full-time homeschooling mom for twenty years, she began writing fiction when the stories in her head overflowed and demanded that she let them out. While her ancestry is Welsh, she only visited Wales for the first time at univ ...more

After Cilmeri (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Footsteps in Time (After Cilmeri #1)
  • Prince of Time (After Cilmeri #2)
  • Crossroads in Time (After Cilmeri, #3)
  • Children of Time (After Cilmeri #4)
  • Castaways in Time (After Cilmeri, #6)
  • Ashes of Time (After Cilmeri, #7)
  • Warden of Time (After Cilmeri, #8)
  • Guardians of Time (After Cilmeri, #9)
  • Masters of Time (After Cilmeri, #10)
  • Outpost in Time (After Cilmeri #11)