Start by marking “How to Be Happy Now: Even If Things Aren't Going Your Way” as Want to Read:
How to Be Happy Now: Even If Things Aren't Going Your Way

Read Excerpt

How to Be Happy Now: Even If Things Aren't Going Your Way

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  15 ratings  ·  7 reviews
"This little book cuts through the verbosity of most how-to/self-help books and lays out the everyday steps you can take to simply feel happier. It provides easy-to-follow instructions for learning to meditate, developing mindfulness, and shifting your perspective. It also has grounded tips for handling negative people, traffic jams, the internet, media, and more.""-L. Eri ...more
Published February 26th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about How to Be Happy Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Be Happy Now

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of How to Be Happy Now: Even If Things Aren't Going Your Way
Valerie
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads, reviewed
Sara Weston’s new self-help book, How to Be Happy Now…even if things aren’t going your way is a delight to read. Most self-help books do not tell you anything you don’t already know. They go on and on with information that we know but for one reason or another do not implement in our lives. Weston’s book is filled with ancient wisdom for the pursuit of happiness delivered in an upbeat, practical how-to guide that radiates joy.

Weston’s book is enchantingly brief, to the point and filled with rel
Lisa
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I am a "Good-reads" winner for this book "How to be happy now even if things aren't going your way" by Sara Weston. I believe this was the first book I have ever read of hers and I was really pleased.
I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is struggling with trying to be "happy".
I found a lot of useful advice in it and I look forward to applying these methods in my life and learning how I can be happy even when things aren't going my way.
I can't wait to start mediation myself. I am than
Kathie
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway. A very short self-help book that touts meditation as the way to be happy. It did not meet my expectations. There are some good hints but the author would have benefited by having a good editor. While trying to understand one particular part, I counted 61 words in one sentence. The photos and diagrams included often did not relate to the point the author was trying to make. Although the first few pages and the last few pages on meditation techniques w ...more
Tonya Mathis
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
First of all, I won this book. Thank you Sara. It was easy to read, straight forward and to the point. I liked that the chapters were short and didn't have a lot of fluff, or repeating of words over and over, to try to get your point across. Many of the topics such as de-cluttering your house and getting rid of toxic people in your life are a no brainer. And I'm rarely without a book when I go out. All in all I enjoyed the book, and it will be read again, and probably again...before I pass it o ...more
Johanna Sawyer
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm not really sure I'm the best judge for this book but I do have an active mind that never quits. I'm known as a joy killer in my house. I liked the idea of meditating and am thinking about trying it. I wish I could devote an hour to it, unfortunately I have four teenagers and I'm lucky to get 30 seconds without a major catastrophe. Still this shines the light on a great idea. However de- cluttering my home may make me lose a lot of books so I'm not sure I can do that. Thanks first reads for a ...more
Margaret Isadore
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This little book was a Good Reads win and arrived at an appropriate time in my life journey. Sara Weston, the author, packs great thought and insight into a relatively few pages. "How to Be Happy Now: Even If Things Aren't Going Your Way" is a great little read for those in transition and a nice gift to give a friend or two in need. I also enjoyed the simplistic illustrations and the instructions regarding meditation, on the path of a more simple, less cluttered mind.
Heather
Jan 21, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was good. Weston provides a lot of sound advice for how to be happy. It's simple advice, and when you read it you'll wonder "Why didn't I think of that?" I think many times when we read self-help columns or advice, we're reading advice we've already given ourselves but haven't quite listened. At least in my experience, reading articles helps instill the advice and motivates me more.
Kayce Kutch
Oct 11, 2014
Niranjani Srinivasan
Aug 18, 2016
Roy Huff
Sara Weston
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Gladys Finklestein
Jun 06, 2013
Mariam Elsharnoby
Feb 24, 2014
Amy
rated it did not like it
Jan 29, 2014
Frank Martorana
Anne Marie
Gracey Thomason
Dec 23, 2013
Sara Weston is the author of the book “How to Be Happy NOW...Even If Things Aren't Going Your Way.” She’s been meditating for over 27 years, has taught meditation and mindfulness to lots of folks, and is happy all the time–even when things aren't going her way.

News & Interviews