Start by marking “Simon's Cat vs. the World (Simon's Cat, #4)” as Want to Read:
Simon's Cat vs. the World (Simon's Cat, #4)

Simon's Cat vs. the World

(Simon's Cat #4)

Simon's Cat proved his authority in the house. He returned victorious from his adventures beyond the garden fence. He prevailed after the chaotic arrival of a new kitten. Now he takes on the world! Illustrated in glorious full color, this volume explodes from the page with mesmerizing levels of detail. Simon's Cat films have over 280 million YouTube views!

Simon Tofield is
Published October 1st 2013 by Akashic Books (first published October 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Simon's Cat vs. the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simon's Cat vs. the World

Start your review of Simon's Cat vs. the World (Simon's Cat, #4)
Juli
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The world can be an exciting and terrifying place for a cat. Their curiousity, inability to leave anything alone, and nearly limitless bravado can get them into trouble. This cartoon collection shares insights into Simon's Cat and his view on the world. From hornet nests to ponds and kittens to birds, Simon's Cat experiences the world with cattitude (and cat-astophes).

This collection of Simon's Cat cartoons will delight anyone who loves cats. I chuckled as I read, thinking of situations my own
Bonnie
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A copy of Simon's Cat vs. the World was provided to me by Akashic Books/Library Thing for review purposes.

Simon's Cat began as a series of YouTube videos and quickly turned popular for their hilariousness and how accurate the depictions were of how cat's truly are. The first Simon's Cat video was uploaded over 5 years ago, on March 4, 2008. It's one of my all-time favorites. You can watch it here.

While the books aren't nearly as hilarious as the videos, they are still ente
Kara Babcock
At first I thought I wouldn’t be able to write a very deep review of Simon’s Cat vs The World. After all, what can one say about something that is, ultimately, an all-ages picture book? I thought, I’m going to review this just because I know I’m already going to miss my reading goal for this year, but damned if I’m not going to use a picture book to get me that much closer. Then I realized Ben the Literature Snob was rearing his ugly head once again: how dare I be so biased? This isn’t a picture ...more
Gerry
May 03, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My daughter is a huge Simon's Cat fan and when I saw this book I just had to buy it for her as a present. However, I thought I would have another try at one of the books myself.

Sadly I don't seem to be able to empathise with Simon's Cat on a worldly level. Even though I do find some of the incidents portrayed very funny the illustrations are not quite to my taste and, although I can appreciate it will appeal to many people, overall it leaves me wondering. I do appreciate that this is more a refl
Philip
Nov 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
This was pretty good. I picked it up on a whim from the library. The humor is in the same vein as All My Friends Are Dead, except that it's geared towards cat-lovers.

I saw a sticker on the back that says, "Now over 350 million views on youtube." So I checked it out.

Not bad, but I liked the book a lot more.

At first, I read it as 350, or 350,000. But seeing the 51,525,488 made me do a double take. Who watches this stuff? The next time I hear about a starving artist, I'm going to tell them they sho
Andrew
Dec 25, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth in the series and sees a change in style. The new version is in colour and has a different format too - and for me sadly I do not think it works as well. I have spent years with cats and Simons cat has over the years captured so many of their mannerisms and character its truly uncanny. This book however is more of set scenes than observations and to me is not as good. Its a fun read but to me its lost its edge.
Theresa
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This volume is in color! So much nicer than b&w. ...more
Dianne Baldwin
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such fun

I’ve been a fan of Simon’s Cat videos go years so to be able to enjoy them in a new format is great fun. The world needs this kind of lighthearted fun to balance out the other stuff.
Sandy
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: funny, animals
Eh. The illustrations were cute and the cat was cute. That's about it. Maybe if it was more like a graphic novel with more than one picture for each of the different "worlds" it might have been better. Maybe the other books in this series are better.
Erik Fazekas
So far the best Simon´s Cat!!!
Yes, it is only 96 pages but the bigger format and full-color illustrations added a completely new level to craziness of Simon´s Cat:)
I really love them.
Mrfoo
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simon's cat never fails

The cutest cat with the greatest adventures. These remind me of my little fur monsters and the nutty things they get into.
Nicole
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super cute collection of single-panel comics featuring Simon's Cat (and friends). There is no ongoing story in this collection, but each of the panels is detailed enough to contain a story of its own.
Chris
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, hardcopies, comics
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Simon's Cat! The book isn't the same as the videos, but still I LOVE it! My little one is a huge fan, I haven't counted how many times I've feed her while we were reading this book!
Wyntrnoire
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love these books!
Juli
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love this cat and his owner’s observations.
Kitty Jay
Most of the Simon's Cat series is done in simplistic black-and-white drawings. They're cute and funny and I like them. The reason this one got bumped up is because the coloring really seems to add something to the drawings; there are a few spreads that I lingered over because they gave Tofield a chance to really show off his drawing chops. One in particular stands out, where Simon's cat is curled in the window, tummy pressed against the glass, overlooking the garden wall. It's a fairly simple sc ...more
Ka J Frisby
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book for Catlovers

Having had at least 1 cat (Siamese or other) most of my life, I thought this a great book! This author really knows cats and their quirky personalities. Really laughed out loud at some of the cat's antics because I could see my cat doing same thing. Reminded me of the plaque I have that says: Dogs have masters, Cats have staff. The art work is delightful, catching the cat's personality perfectly. Loved the interactions between human and cat!
Carl Harris
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Being a fan of the Simon's Cat YouTube shorts, I jumped at the chance to buy this. I thought that it was a collection of short comic strips, in the vein of Garfield or Mutts. Unfortunately this is not the case. This book collects one page illustrations (wonderfully drawn, by the way) of Simon's Cat and various other denizens of the videos. While I enjoyed it, I must say, I was a little disappointed.
Susie Artes
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gotta love cats

I absolutely loved this book of cartoons. Great drawing a and such a humorous take on cats. I can't wait to try drawing his cats from his tutorial, it so simplified that I think maybe I can do it! Fun book!
Bonnie Brumbaugh
Loved the cartoons this book offers about the personality of the cat.
Michelle
I LOVE Simon's Cat! Brilliant birthday present
Ronald
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
I found this book mixed in with the bound comic book collections. While a casual fan of the Simon's Cat videos I was unsure if this would be worth my time or not. Thankfully this book was very cute. It was very well done. The art was really good.
Kathleen
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm more familiar with the animated version of this feline, but the single-panel comic format suits him well! Mostly, it's showing either trouble about to happen or the havoc wrought. I especially liked the one with the beanbag chair.
Sandy Shin
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scial-comment
A great laugh and recognizing how normal my cats are
Annarella
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved i

Really a funny and realistic book. A must if you are a cat owner because you will fin you and your cats. The vet part is soo like my cat at the vet
Joseph
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun but brief

A super-quick read, but a fun one nonetheless. I've only caught a couple of the videos, but this definitely makes me want to check them out.
JT
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun cartoon book that reflects the feline attitude toward the world at large. Very entertaining for a short read.
Terri Brown
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice escape

This was not an intellectual pursuit. I love Simon's Cat, and this was a nice collection of drawings. I enjoy all of the videos too.
Jade Walker
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Humorous, detailed and, like Simon, full of mischief.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Fowl Language: Welcome to Parenting
  • Fowl Language: The Struggle Is Real
  • Cats are Weird and More Observations
  • Ice Cream & Sadness
  • The Cool Bean (The Bad Seed, #3)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel: Hellmouth
  • Vader's Little Princess
  • Calling All Witches! The Girls Who Left Their Mark on the Wizarding World (Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts)
  • Poesy the Monster Slayer
  • The Cherry on Top
  • Pride: The Story of Harvey Milk and the Rainbow Flag
  • I'm a Therapist, and My Patient is In Love with a Pedophile: 6 Patient Files From Prison (Dr. Harper Therapy Book 2)
  • I'm a Therapist, and My Patient is a Vegan Terrorist: 6 Deadly Social Media Influencers (Dr. Harper Therapy Book 3)
  • Why My Cat Is More Impressive Than Your Baby
Simon started drawing cartoons at an early age and went to study Graphics and Animation at De Montfort University. He has a great interest in British wildlife, painting, the great outdoors and of course cats. He now works in London as an animator and director at Tandem Films.
Simon lives in Bedfordshire with this three cats: Hugh, Maisie, Jess and Teddy.

Simon's Cat (6 books)
  • Simon's Cat (Simon's Cat, #1)
  • Simon's Cat: Beyond the Fence (Simon's Cat, #2)
  • Simon's Cat in Kitten Chaos (Simon's Cat, #3)
  • Simon's Cat Off to the Vet . . . and Other Cat-astrophes (Simon's Cat, #5)
  • Simon's Cat: It's a Dog's Life (Simon's Cat, #6)