Start by marking “The Real Girl's Kitchen” as Want to Read:
The Real Girl's Kitchen

The Real Girl's Kitchen

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  188 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Though she is best known as an actress, Haylie Duff feels quite at home in her kitchen. When she started serving up easy and elegant recipes, kitchen tips, and entertaining advice on her blog, Real Girl's Kitchen, the site quickly grew into a destination for fans and foodies alike.

Now everyone's favorite recipes—along with dozens of new dishes—are available in a gorgeous
Published October 15th 2013 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about The Real Girl's Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Real Girl's Kitchen

Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
If you are a fan or simply know Hilary Duff, you would know her sister Haylie Duff. She acted with her, appeared in a music video, and they share a relationship closer to friendship. I love their relationship.

When Haylie started cooking, and blogged in her website http://www.realgirlskitchen.com/, I wished I could watch her cooking show. So when she released her cooking book, I ordered it on the spot!

This cookbook is warm, it was inspired by Haylie's grandmother's' recipes, and her love of cooki
Hayley Goldstein
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-shelf
Definitely my favorite cookbook! I love the healthy recipes and the stories that go along with each!
Heather
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Pinterest for introducing me to Real Girls Kitchen (the blog) so long ago. Haylie may be the lesser known Duff sister, but apparently cooking is her thing. I love her blog and I love the cookbook. Nothing is overly complicated or requires all sorts of weird ingredients that you have to visit 5 stores to track down and every recipe looks delicious.

I'm annoyed that I took so long to procure myself a copy. Most of the time I'm just cooking for myself which sucks, so anything that gets me
Rae
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such great food

I have tried many recipes and they all come out amazing. I can't wait to get another book of hers.
Ann Marie
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love the easy to replicate recipes.
Callie Pyke
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very impressed many recipe books leave me kind of confused and overwelmed but found multiple recipes I can't wait to try. Definitely a book on my wishlist
Claire
I found this little gem in a clearance book bin at my local Loblaws (a Canadian chain grocery store). I was attracted because I am a cookbook addict and am trying to change my eating patterns.

I was utterly charmed by Hayley Duff's stories of learning to cook (boy was she a disaster in the past) and the inspiration behind many of the recipes. There were some recipes in there that made me think "you need a recipe for that? You really were a cooking disaster!" Honestly, I do not think much of a re
Claire
Apr 18, 2015 rated it liked it
My mom gave me this cookbook as a gift for my birthday. Upon receiving it, I was very intrigued from the bohemian feels of the book. I had heard that the recipes were pretty health conscious also, and the cover led me to believe so as well. But, as the saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover.

I could see why many people believed this to be a book for clean eating. Many of the dishes are prepared with vegetables and herbs. However, don't be deceived that something is healthy because it includ
Angela Rohde
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the stories and beautiful pictures in this book. Most of the recipes are easy to replicate and feel like they are both healthy and inventive. I enjoy the approach Haylie takes with food and how she relates the recipes back to stories within her own life, which I found sweet and amusing. Knowing very little about her ( I actually had no idea Hilary Duff had a sister....) the book was picked up based on the beautiful cover and I loved the feel and weight of the book. She did a ver ...more
Anna Shabalov
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I won this book from a GoodReads Giveaway contest.
The visuals are beautiful (and of course, appetizing). The recipes look quite manageable - no complicated steps and no super long esoteric ingredients lists - and perfect for entertaining. The tips and shortcuts provided in the book are a great touch.
The book seems very of the moment. Tons of these recipes look like they would be big hits on Pinterest. This is in a way a positive, but its also a bit of a negative (and why I docked one star): I'v
Diana S
I have really enjoyed this cookbook. Great tidbits about certain foods (especially Kale, have always been curious about that green), good recipes (which I have already enjoyed making some of them and looking forward on trying others). I love that Haylie wrote something on why each recipe meant to her. It gave insights to her love of cooking and how its part of your life. Very nice! :)

Recommend: Nutella Pizza
Sea Salt and Vinegar Kale Chips
Baked Herb Eggs with Parmesan
Baked Dog Treats

There are so
Diandra {Ambrosia Books}
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-nook, cookbooks
The book is absolutely beautiful with the stories and pictures. it actually made me jealous that my life wasnt filled with happy people and farms and living next to a beach! the recipes are all delicious and can see myself executing them all. all ingredients you can find at your local supermarket and farmers market! It's nothing complicating like buckwheat or cconut flour or things you really have to search your local whole foods for. I cant wait to try these recipes! They are all super simple, ...more
Bridgit
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this cookbook! I have a lot of southern cooking cookbooks so I thought a more healthier one was in need and Haylie's cookbook was the one. Not only are all of her recipes fresh and would make you want to begin a garden but the presentation is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful pictures, farmers market rustic vibe to it, I almost want to frame it it's so pretty! The recipes are easy, relaxed and not bland and the stories she has along with them are truly from the heart which makes t ...more
Harry
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Just received my copy via Amazon.com pre-order. Read through it, the recipes sound delicious and I look forward to testing them on women in my life & adapting them for guys and try them myself too! Book is wonderfully laid out and I very much enjoyed the background stories behind the recipes! Helps a lot to flesh out why this project is a passion for Haylie. All-around great book and I highly recommend it to everyone, girls and guys, who enjoy healthy eating!
Amanda Klich
Apr 10, 2014 rated it did not like it
Useless. I normally don't get into anything a celebrity writes but because I'm a Haylie duff fan I caved in and read this. I was disappointed. The concept was good but the way it was written and over all recipes a waste of material. And anything in it I would've found useful wasn't something I didn't already do or know.
Tiffany Baker
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is full of amazing recipes. The pictures are breath taking, the family & friend stories for each recipe are heart warming and the food exquisitely tasteful. I have read it through three times already. Best Birthday present yet! I am beyond excited to try more & more!!!!
Stefanie
Jun 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Some really good ideas in here and I loved the photographs of the food, scenery and friends, but for the waffle recipe I was hoping for a homemade one, not just to follow a boxed one. I loved the personal comments Haylie included and I would love to spend time in that Venice house.
Beka
Oct 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Though none of the recipes spoke to me, I loved the format of this book with its wealth of pictures and personal anecdotes.
Whitney Crespo
awesome book for those who like healthy eating. I have enjoyed the recipes and the layout of the book is very well-presented. Highly recommend.
Chelsea
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pretty presentation, nice recommendations and tips I will use. Most of the recipes include simple, fresh and healthy ingredients.
Denise Prewett
Oct 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Beautiful pictures and interesting stories, but I am not sure that many, if any of the "Real Girl's" that I know cook like this.
Jessica Welch
Dec 11, 2013 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the anecdotes & frankness of the book but most of the recipes were not my thing.
Susan Garrett
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Purchased this book for my daughter. She loves this cookbook and has made several of the recipes. Would recommend this cookbook and will purchase any future books by her. Love her show!
Cassie Farrell
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring

I am inspired to try new recipes. And to eat more healthy and clean the photographs are so beautiful and lush.
Laureen
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking
some stuff i already knew
Kasey Cadwell
Oct 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Loved the Duff sisters. Loved the pictures of the food and the stories that went along with it .. but found zero recipes I felt like I could replicate with success.
Sonja
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lots of yummy things to make! We made the wrapped dates and the crescent wrapped asparagus, both delish! Definitely keeping some of her recipes in my entertaining arsenal!
Caitlyn Santi
Jan 18, 2015
kristin gearhart
Aug 05, 2016
Anna Lupancu
May 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Recipes from the World-Famous Bakery and Allysa Torey's Home Kitchen
  • Mayim's Vegan Table: More than 100 Great-Tasting and Healthy Recipes from My Family to Yours
  • The Can't Cook Book: Recipes for the Absolutely Terrified!
  • What the F*@# Should I Make for Dinner?: The Answers to Life’s Everyday Question (in 50 F*@#ing Recipes)
  • Fresh Happy Tasty: An Adventure in 100 Recipes
  • The Kitchen Pantry Cookbook: How to make your own condiments and essentials
  • Paleo Sweets and Treats: Seasonally Inspired Desserts that Let You Have Your Cake and Your Paleo Lifestyle, Too
  • Come Home to Supper: Over 200 Casseroles, Skillets, and Sides (Desserts, Too!) to Feed Your Family with Love
  • Beating the Lunch Box Blues: Fresh Ideas for Lunches on the Go!
  • The Runner's World Cookbook: 150 Recipes to Help You Lose Weight, Run Better, and Race Faster
  • 5 Ingredient Fix: Easy, Elegant, and Irresistible Recipes
  • Trophy Cupcakes and Parties!: Deliciously Fun Party Ideas and Recipes from Seattle's Prize-Winning Cupcake Bakery
  • Kitchen Revelry: Fun, Fearless and Festive Ideas to Inspire You to Take a Bite Out of Life
  • Preserving by the Pint: Quick Seasonal Canning for Small Spaces
  • Decorate Cakes, Cupcakes, and Cookies with Kids: Techniques, Projects, and Party Plans for Teaching Kids, Teens, and Tots
  • World Class Cakes: 250 Classic Recipes from Boston Cream Pie to Madeleines and Muffins
  • Tiny Food Party!: Bite-Size Recipes for Miniature Meals