Start by marking “The Grimm Conclusion” as Want to Read:
The Grimm Conclusion

The Grimm Conclusion

(A Tale Dark & Grimm #3)

Widely praised and beloved by children, adults, and critics alike, Adam Gidwitz delivers a third serving of eerie new landscapes and fear-inducing creatures in a story sure to delight and frighten fans old and new. In the final book in the series, Adam's brilliantly irreverent narrator leads readers through a fresh world of Grimm-inspired fairy tales, based on such classic ...more
Published October 8th 2013 by Dutton Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Grimm Conclusion, please sign up.
Nicole Thank you for your feed back. I will make sure to inquire this into my next update. Thank you again
Kaleigh Flowers Well it depends on your definition of scary, but honestly it is pretty grimm so you might not want to read it unless you can handle bloody…moreWell it depends on your definition of scary, but honestly it is pretty grimm so you might not want to read it unless you can handle bloody AWESOMENESS.(less)

Michael Finocchiaro
Fantastic, amazing ending to this wonderful story from Gidwitz!
KWinks
Oct 23, 2013 rated it liked it
While I really liked the other two books, I had some problems with this one. It started off okay. I don't know why we always have to have a girl/boy combo as the MCs, but we do. The parents are good and evil, the ravens are about and we have a puzzle for the main characters to figure out. Good, good.
Where it went wrong for me was the jaunt out into the real world. Now, suddenly, we are ripped out of the story and into a pity party for people whose parents have divorced. On top of that, we now n
Katie
May 20, 2013 marked it as to-read

NOW!

Whoa whoa whoa! It's out??? I TOTALLY FORGOT :( Oh well. I hope to read it soon!
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I am sad that this series is over, but it ends in such a satisfying way. I do think that this series is required reading for those who like fairy tales and especially clever retellings. Each volume ups the ante on the grim aspect of fairy tales. Each book seems less appropriate for a younger audience. I'm torn on that. Mr. Gidwitz is obviously a teacher, and he understands the young minds he writes for. I mean, he has to in order to teach them. I'm going to trust that he knows what they can hand ...more
Hayden  Mitchell
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
If I am being honest, I didn't really like this book at all. I found it confusing and I don't really like books like this anyways. It had a decent concept but the way they presented everything was kind of unappealing to me. I think it would have been better if it ran smoother, it just came across to me choppy and I didn't really want to " stick with it".
Shelby
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!
This series was amazing! It is such a cite series to read. At times it was very interesting. There was some things that I did not see happen. I was very surprised and kind of happy to see it happen even though I was very surprised on many things. It is such a great series to read.
Erin 신애린 Shin
THIS IS THE BEST BOOK OF THE SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS EXPLAINS EVERYTHING! Also it isn't as bloody as the others so its really fun. I hope everyone reads this story, unless you don't like bloody books. I am not kidding this series is very bloody.
Josiah
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Adam Gidwitz's debut trilogy is a special treat, a fresh take on an old genre and in many ways a reversal of what one expects. With a playfully sarcastic tone yet deep respect for the work of the Brothers Grimm, Adam Gidwitz introduces readers to fairy tales how they used to be, before well-meaning parents and publishers scrubbed them clean of dubious material to make them suitable for kids, not perceiving that the sanitized versions lacked the punch of the originals. In The Grimm Conclusion we ...more
Nolan Mitchell
In my opinion, The Grimm Conclusion was a confusing book. Some parts were unclear to me and made it hard to understand the storyline. Besides the confusing parts, it was an entertaining book to listen to and the author made the characters relatable. This wouldn't be my first book choice when reading traditional literature, but it was overall ok.
Naomi Ruth
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I cannot adequately express how much I love this book. There was a moment where I kept thinking "Can you do that? Is that allowed? Waitwaitwait" while another part of me was going "Dude, man, dude, man, that's awesome."

It's meta. It's funny. It's dark. It's does so much that I want to be able to do when I'm writing.

And this: "Being the reader of a dark fairy tale is much like being the hero of one. Our lives are filled with pain, boredom, and fear. We want to venture into the dark wood, to see t
Lauren
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
While I really enjoyed the first two books, like other readers I had an issue with this one. I thought the story of Jorinda and Joringel was a good one (though very gruesome - moreso than in the others). I liked the way the story went, until the narrator began to interact with the characters. The characters eventually meet Adam, at a school in Brooklyn, where he reads them the original two stories. This later helps Joringel to solve the puzzle to get into Hell and retrieve Jorinda. I understand ...more
Kelsey
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Emily Akelaitis
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Adam Gidwitz, hands down, is the most hilarious author out there, with the most blunt style of writing I have ever seen. The way he interjects in the story-as a character- and warns the readers of all the morbid upcoming events, gives his opinion on how he feels stories should end, and aids you in pronouncing some of his characters' names, was astounding. I was very thankful when Gidwitz wrote how to pronounce "The Eidechse von Feuer, der Menschenfleischfressende."(I-DECK-SUH VON FOY-ER DARE MEN ...more
➳Halina➳
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fanatsy
This book was so sad yet so amazing! I cried, almost threw it across the room. And, of course I laughed. Really hard. In public. The character where not as witty as Adam's in the past, but they were just as strong.
It is one of the best books I've ever read!
My favorite quotes from this book:

" The little boy would often say to his sister, "If you won't leave me, I won't leave you." To which the little girl would always reply " I will never, ever leave you." "

" "OH MY GOD, I KILLED MY BROTHER!" the
Aisha
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
this book is supposed to conclude the series, not repeat the previous books with different characters! This book was the most disappointing book in the series, even though at first I thought that this series was unique. And it is! just not the fact that the three books are a repetition of each other. here's the idea: A bloody and violent series. Oh and watch out for words in bold; that's Gidwitz's comments. it gets annoying after a while...
anyway, I don't recommend this book unless you read the
Betsy
One Sentence Review: Wraps up the trilogy quite nicely with a neat little bow.
Kyleigh M
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I thought this was a pretty good book. For me, it was hard to follow but I think some of that was because I hadn't read books 1 and 2 since it was a class read aloud. I liked the storyline and the ending was really nice. I think the author adding in comments was a really good addition to the book but I wish it hadn't gotten so sappy towards the end. Overall, if you have read the first two books, I think this would be a good fit for you.
Emily
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever been so happy that you died . Well in this book you are gonna se alot of that. The genre of the book is fantasy because stuff that happen in the book dont usally happen in real life like going to hell and coming back to life. I personally love the last book it was the perfect way to end of the series . I dont think the author could have done a better job of explaing his books to me the first and lastbooks are my personal best.
The setting in the begging of the book takes place by
B.A. Wilson
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't love this one quite as much as the first two books, but it is still good. It references the previous books and events too much, in a way that became distracting and seemed like marketing to me. I didn't love that, but the rest of the story was pretty good.

Pages: 344
Shivantika
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WHAT. WAS. THAT?
Dark. Violent. Bloody. And AWESOME. I picked up the first book to try something... different, and it kept getting better and better and better, throughout the three books! My favorite was the ravens, they were so adorable! Definitely recommend, is one of the best series ever!
Karissa
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and this book was the icing on the cake. Very funny, very well done, and excellent fairy tale retelling with lots of sarcasm and humor.

Each of these books has followed a sister/brother pair as they stumble through horrible and funny fairy tales. This book is no different and follows a sister/brother (Jorinda and Joringel) through fairy tales such as The Juniper Tree, Rumplestiltskin, and Cinderella. The siblings destroy a kingdom and seek to fix it through this crazy tale. Al
Melissa Chung
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Grimm Conclusion was a great wrap-up to the Grimm trilogy. Yes they are all stand alone books but they all tie in together at the end.

What is this book about you ask? Well this is a quote from the last few pages.

"Being the reader of a dark fairy tale is much like being the hero of one. Our lives are filled with pain, boredom, and fear. We want to venture into the dark wood, to see the oddities and the beauties it holds, and to test ourselves against them. We test our courage and our understa
Max Castro
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Utter disappointment. To end this clever, gruesome, and strangely hilarious series, Adam Gidwitz writes the least clever, least gruesome? (arguable, I know), and least hilarious of the series. You've probably heard it before in the other negative reviews, so I won't waste too much of your time.

BEGINNING:
- Love the characters
- Love the stories
- Excited to see where the story goes

MIDDLE:
- The book reaches a lul with the exception of one story
- Characters somehow undevelop
- Gidwitz somehow forgets
Sara Geiser
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I really liked the first book, and this one. I also want to read the second book. The reason I did not give the book a bigger rating is, because of how long it took to read it to the class. Since it took so long to read a don't remember a lot that happened in the beginning and middle of the book, but the part I remember I did really enjoy.
Georgene
Oct 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Last week (Oct. 12), my son, Philip, and I went to Powell's Books in Beaverton, Oregon to hear Adam Gidwitz promote his new book (this one) and to get his books signed. I am pleased to have gotten this book the week it was published. I bought all three of his books and Mr. Gidwitz signed and dedicated each copy to me. (JUST my copy! NOT the book itself!) This is a first (getting a book the week it was published).

At the signing, Gidwitz told the story of "Ashputtle" or Cinderella. He was extremel
Mary Lee
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A new quote for our quote wall: "There is a power in children. There is a belief. A strength. A joy that makes just about anything possible."

And one for my writer's notebook (and maybe our wall): "...they at last understood that their problems would never have been solved by trying to cover them up or choke them back or pretend they didn't exist. By repression.

No, their problems could only be solved by expression. By telling their tales and by making up new ones, too."
Alyssa (Books Take You Places)
This one was filled with lessons. Beautiful ones. Also jokes. Hilarious, laugh out loud ones. Full review to follow.
Catherine
The third raven blinked at the little boy. "The metafictional dimensions of that statement are kind of blowing my mind."

Me, too, Raven #3. Me, too.

In the first two books, Adam Gidwitz's broke the fourth wall with his audience, but in this third installment, his characters start to hear him, too. And then they actually meet him, and he reads the first two books to them and it's all just a little too meta.

Book 3 focuses on twins named Jorinda (pronounced Your-inda) and Joringle (pronounced Your-i
David
Apr 10, 2017 added it
Book Review: The Grimm Conclusion
The Author Adam Gidwitz is a known, for his Grimm trilogy, and the Grimm Conclusion is the best one yet. Gidwitz as always has some awesome gruesome parts, yet with a lot of comedy including in it. Adam Gidwitz takes his characters Jorinda, and Joringel, on a whole other new level, in this book compared to the other. The Grimm Conclusion by Adam Gidwitz is a book you would not want to pass up on, it is an excellent read.
In the Book Gidwitz does an excellent job
Autumn the Book Queen ❤
For the last book I've decided to do a SPOILER FREE REVIEW so enjoy!

The Grimm Conclusion stars two famous (yet unknown) storybook characters Jorinda and Joringel. Follow the twins as they discover mystical yet wonderful secrets that will have readers guessing what's next...

Once again Adam Gidwitz, here's all my stars! I've been reading this series sense January and now that I've finished it I feel a bit sad.

These books were so fun and relatable plus to top it off, they were enjoyable.

Jorinda

• Mouse Bird Snake Wolf
  • This Side of Wild: Mutts, Mares, and Laughing Dinosaurs
  • The Outlandish Adventures of Liberty Aimes
  • The Adventures of a Girl Called Bicycle
  • The Templeton Twins Make a Scene (Templeton Twins, #2)
  • Winterfrost
  • Year of the Jungle
  • From Norvelt to Nowhere
  • The Show Must Go On! (Three-Ring Rascals, #1)
  • Between Two Ends
  • When the Sea Turned to Silver
  • The Bearskinner: A Tale of the Brothers Grimm
  • An Otis Christmas
  • Poe: Stories and Poems: A Graphic Novel Adaptation
To read my bio and learn more about me, and find a FAQ, visit:

A Tale Dark & Grimm (3 books)
  • A Tale Dark & Grimm
  • In a Glass Grimmly
“Being the reader of a dark fairy tale is much like being the hero of one. Our lives are filled with pain, boredom, and fear. We want to venture into the dark wood, to see the oddities and the beauties it holds, and to test ourselves against them. So we pick up a book of fairy tales. The real ones. THe weird ones. The dark ones. We see oddities and beauties galore. We test our courage and our understanding. Finally, we put the book down and return to our lives. And hopefully, just like the hero of the fairy tale, we return stronger, richer, and wiser. In difficult times - of recession and violence and political bitterness - we long for a dark forest to which we can escape; and from which we can return, better than we were before.” 10 likes
“Wait!” the prince exclaimed. “After you kill it, can I ride it?” 9 likes