Start by marking “Spooky Sudbury: True Tales of the Eerie Unexplained” as Want to Read:
Spooky Sudbury: True Tales of the Eerie  Unexplained

Spooky Sudbury: True Tales of the Eerie Unexplained

The magnetic aura surrounding Sudbury, for both the living as well as the once-alive, is the backdrop for tales of mystery, wonder, and outright horror.

"I tried to leave" is a common theme for those from the Sudbury region. People often vow to move away, but something about the Nickel City keeps luring them back. Whether it’s the taste of fresh air – or just the sulphur i
Published September 28th 2013 by Dundurn (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Spooky Sudbury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spooky Sudbury

Amanda
Okay, so here is a little background story as to why I absolutely love this book. My father was always that awesome father that always made sure I had any book I wanted, no matter what. I do feel bad for that now, but he always told me that he loved that I was the only child in the whole family that read so much/or at all. My Dad always believed in knowledge. Last year Mark Leslie was selling personalized signed copies of this book at Costco in Sudbury. I was so excited for this when I found out ...more
Mark
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: People with a Sudbury connection and who like creepy, eerie tales
Yes, I'm one of the co-authors for this book, so I'm a bit biased towards really liking it. Having gone through multiple edits with our amazing editor, Matt, I think that Jenny and I have created a compelling and intriguing read that celebrates both Sudbury and many of the strange tales the city has to share.
Kylara
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Let me start off by saying that I love almost all things paranormal. Heck one of my most favourite movies of all time is "The Exorcist".

Both myself and my room-mate are on Goodreads Give-away. I told him it might be a good way for him to find new authors to read. So the one day we were both on there looking at books. He is somewhat particular of his genres where I enjoy many different reads, so he was further ahead, then I was. No big deal right? LOL

Then I came upon the title Spooky Sudbury. It
Stephanie
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
First off, I have to say that I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

I was excited to receive this as I am living in Ontario and have a cottage in Northern Ontario fairly close to Sudbury. I thought it would be perfect to bring to the cottage for some spooky campfire reading. My family and I enjoyed the book. The stories had enough of a creepy factor to satisfy us, yet were tame enough not to scare the life out of us.

After reading a bit more on the author Mark Leslie, I was
Scott Overton
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Spooky Sudbury ambitiously runs the gamut from ghost stories to UFO’s to Bigfoot and nearly every other kind of paranormal activity that can make the skin crawl on the back of your neck. Leslie and Jelen have taken the stories of numerous contributors and retold them with the familiar style of a good old gabfest around the campfire (on a summer night when the moon is full, of course). Others may appreciate the stories, but the people of Sudbury, Ontario, Canada owe it to themselves to read this.
Shawna Corner
Jun 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Not interested in legends. Prefer Terry Boyle.
Tamara
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Finished Reading this a few days ago. Forgot to update this

But I give the book a 2 out of 5 stars. I found it really hard to get in to. And i like spooky and creepy things. But it was neat finding out things about Sudbury i never knew!

Wendy Jensen
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
An interesting book about Sudbury and the hold it has on those that have lived there. A good book for those visiting the area as at the end it has a lot of tourist type information. I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Nicole
Kim Mcalpine
Sep 14, 2013
Marcy Prentice coe
Sep 14, 2013
Mark is a writer, editor and bookseller who was born and grew up in Sudbury, spent many years in Ottawa and currently lives in Hamilton, Ontario.

As a bookseller, Mark has worked for Indigo Books and Music, Inc. (previously known as Chapters; and prior to that known as Coles) in various locations and roles, at Titles Bookstore McMaster University, and the Director of Self-Publishing and Author Rela