Start by marking “Necromancing Nim (Necromancing Nim, #1)” as Want to Read:
Necromancing Nim (Necromancing Nim, #1)

Necromancing Nim

(Necromancing Nim #1)

Wishing for a little excitement in your life? Be careful what you wish for…

Nimuë Taylor thought working for a vampire would be cool. Instead it’s just like any other annoying job, complete with a boss, Colin, who drives her crazy. Other than the daily humdrum routine, nothing much exciting happens.

Until the day Sebastian, Colin’s old friend (read: ex-lover) comes to town,
Published December 3rd 2013 by Samhain Publishing (first published October 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Necromancing Nim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Necromancing Nim

Christyn
This was a really great read, one of my favorites this year. It had humor, romance, mystery, action (a few rather graphic scenes), sex (MF and MMF), and enough twists and turns to keep things going. Not all stories do so great when told in First Person, but in this one - it worked. Nim is an awesome, quirky and relatable heroine, I adored her. Colin and Sebastian were also awesome, they all had strong characters with their own sets of strengths and weaknesses, it was great watching how they inte ...more
Gwen
This book was sort surfing under the radar of my excessive "to read" shelf and I was feeling lucky when I chose it and you know for once I did strike it lucky because this was a great read.
I know the cover is a bit rubbish but I highly recommend you give this one a go especially if you are looking for something a bit different in the vampire genre.
I don't like giving too much away of the storyline but who doesn't like the idea of human having to make a living as a repo agent among vampires. I
Cyndy Aleo
Reviewed for RT Book Reviews December 2013 issue: http://www.rtbookreviews.com/book-review/necromancing-nim
Lizzie Newell
Sep 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Vampires in suburban Denver what a kick. They go into debt buying HDTVs and drop in on fang bars which are squeezed between the Starbucks and the marijuana dispensaries. Despite the fun this book left me flat. It reads almost as a sanitized version of Interview with a Vampire. Colin=Lestat, Sebastian=Louis, and Nim=Claudia. Angst, guilt, and repulsion have been removed. Instead the plot is driven by a rock and a bad guy. Oh yes, the old McGuffin plot which was already worn out in the 1950s. I wi ...more
Karina
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These days it's almost expected that sequels come out and most books are written with this in mind, this isn't the case here. Whilst the author has opened up the storyline for a sequel, this hasn't taken away from a satisfying and complete story.

Snarky, caring characters always push my buttons and adding in sexy vampires makes it all the more perfect.
Diane Dannenfeldt
OMG if there isn't a sequel I'm going to be royally pissed! I have to know what happens and you can't leave them like that!!!! Very good read really enjoyed this one. Could have had a little more steam ;)
Li
A fast-paced UF - found the world slightly reminiscent of Charlaine Harris’s Sookie Stackhouse series in how vampires were integrated into society. Definitely more sexy though. The ending sets everything up nicely for a sequel, which I'm totally up for.
Aerulan
Excellent! Loved this one. Now if only the second (I assume there will be a second) book were out, I really want to know what happens next!

E_bookpushers
Interesting. I really don't know. I liked it I think but not all of it. It wasn't bad I just don't know.
E.
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5-4.75
What a fun story! Review to follow
CoreyAna
Mar 16, 2015
Lee Chalmers
Dec 08, 2013
Carla
Jul 02, 2014
Kirsty
Dec 09, 2013 marked it as to-read
I won this book through Goodreads First Reads. Review to follow.
Zdenka
Jul 30, 2014
Cynthia Bulman
Dec 24, 2013
PNR ER or PNR? 1 1 Jul 04, 2013 02:44PM

• Semi-Human (Harper Hall Investigations, #2)
  • The Fourth Channel
  • Reign of the Vampires (The Society #1)
  • Destruction's Ascent (Dragon Ridden Chronicles, #3)
  • Battle Cry (Loki's Wolves, #3)
  • Electric Moon (Raven Investigations, #2)
  • Solatium (Emanations #2)
  • Crescent Moon (Phoebe Harkness, #2)
  • Hell's Revenge (Princess of Hell, #3)
  • Black As Night (Quentin Black Mystery #2)
  • Of Scions and Men
  • Under Construction
  • Blightmare (The Marnie Baranuik Files #5)
  • Reborn as Bree (The ShadowDance Club, #5)
  • Quinn's Quest (Legacy, #4)
  • Becoming Bad (The Becoming, #2)
  • Revelation of Blood  (Skye Morrison, #5)
  • Hear Me When the Sun Goes Down (Forged Bloodlines, #6)
Katriena Knights started writing before she learned to read. Some of her early efforts included poetry like "Ode to a Pancake" and an emotional epic (65 pages) novel about a blind horse who wins the Kentucky Derby.

She has since graduated to more realistic subjects like vampires and extraterrestrials, but somehow some kind of romance always sneaks in (even the blind horse had a sexy boyfriend). She

Necromancing Nim (2 books)
  • Summoning Sebastian (Necromancing Nim, #2)