Start by marking “Lexie (Triple X #1)” as Want to Read:
Lexie (Triple X #1)

Read Excerpt

Lexie

(Triple X #1)

Desire is a double-edged dance.

Triple X, Book 1

Lexie Underhill works her tail off in hopes of winning her adoptive father’s approval. It’s never enough. The stinging proof? He’s brought in a reorganization expert. As if the prospect of losing her job in the family business isn’t enough, Cameron Rowe’s sexy, intimidating presence makes her palms sweat.

When Lexie’s face
Published September 3rd 2013 by Samhain Publishing (first published October 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Lexie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lexie

Start your review of Lexie (Triple X #1)
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 Stars

Holy moly!!! Yet another new to me author who has blown me away and has me running off to Amazon to buy up her backlist!

What happens when you have a button down career woman who’s working hard at her adoptive family’s business, an unknown identical twin sister who’s billboard for a biker bar has cause a stir all over town, and a corporate hatchet man who’s interest doesn’t lie in the company he’s working for but in the above mentioned
Tina
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lexie Underhill is the over achieving oldest daughter in a family that runs a toy company. She is also adopted and has always felt a little out of sync with the rest of the family. She is not treated badly, exactly, by her family but from Lexi's perspective there is a feeling of...favoritism when it comes to the naturally born children of her parents.

As the story begins the family business is in trouble and her father has hired reorganization expert sexy Cam Rowe to slash jobs, cut costs and
Kitty
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kimberly Dean once again doesn't disappoint with this one!

Alexandra 'Lexie' Underhill had been adopted into a family who never fully appreciated what she did, never able to make it right to her boss and father, no matter how hard she tried. When a sleazy billboard ad pops up with her face plastered on it, the scandal is almost too much to handle for her family. Forcing her to fix things, she quickly finds out that there is a lot more to her adoption than she could've ever imagined...

Cameron
Marlene
Lexie Underhill is the adopted daughter of the Underhill Toy Company. She's spent her life trying to get her father's approval. She works hard at the family business, while her siblings, the natural children, all play their way along.
But Lexie never fits in, and no one lets her forget. So when her face, and most of her body, is plastered on a tacky highway billboard, her family accuses her of a stunt. Only one man defends her - corporate hatchet man Cameron Rowe.
Lexie goes to the bar that
Shelby P
May 28, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book's title was just a tad bit misleading. I was expecting a scorcher of a read but didn't get that. The plot was interesting enough;the mystery of the billboard and the attraction between Lexie and Cam. 50% in and nothing much is happening between Lexie and Cam. Then I started to wonder if we'd get a threesome between Lexie, Cam, and Roxie but I was skeeved out by that thought. It didn't happen of course.

I pretty much got bored with this and it didn't keep my interest so I started another
Ruth
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, won
I had a very hard time putting this book down. My heart went out to Lexie.

I loved how she just wants to be loved and belong with her family. She has always known that she is adopted and feels like an outsider in her own family. Cam has been bought in to help reorganize her families company. Cam finally corners Lexie and forces her to look closer at her families company. Soon after that a billboard shows up with her face on it they family questions why she would do that when the company is
Mel
This novel was everything I've been wanting to read in a romance lately. I laughed, I cried, I fell in love! So worth the couple hrs of wait I had to endure for it to be released (I now get why some don't pre-order, I was on pins and needles awaiting midnight). I just really, really love the story, the romance and the super hotness between the h/h....EEEP! I can't wait till the second book in the series 5*
Nicole Bell
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
wow I read this in a day. well less then a day. I couldn't put.it down. it was so good. I loved main characters. I loved the drama and problems. and the surprise at end. it is great. thank god I saw cover on the side ad on goodreads. I would have never seen this book. yay! must read.
Linda Walters
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book and it kept me involved in the story pretty easily.
Lexie and Cameron made really good characters. It made me smile that Lexie thought of Cameron as The Hatchet Man. And even called him that a time or two. She definitely didn't trust him and saw him as a corporate shark, determined to destroy the family business. You could feel the tension in the very first chapter.
Cameron played his cards close to his chest even though he knew Lexi was terrified about what he was up to.
Limecello
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, library
Oh I liked this book! I don't know if it was changed at all - I think it was originally published with Samhain then re-released and I got the [new] version from the library and ...
I'm definitely reading the next book.
Cam and Lexie are just ... so perfect!
The INSANE chemistry.
And how they argue and have problems and it's over the top but realistic and really sexy and they argue but talk and Cameron has Lexie's back always and like.... man I want one.

I'm definitely going to be re-reading this
CosmicStardust
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
The story is actually ok, but I personally felt that the characters were not fleshed out enough. I personally thought Cam was an unbelievable character. He seemed far too pushy. I might finish the series as I did like the story concept.
Andrea B
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was weary starting the book was pleasantly surprised.
Carly Wakefield
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this, will be jumping straight into the next instalment:)
Book Reading Gals
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Title: Lexie

Series: Triple X bk 1

Author: Kimberly Dean

Genre: Contemporary

When Lexie’s face appears on a scandalous freeway billboard, her protestations of innocence go unheard. With orders to
Becca Moree
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lexie was a massively addictive book! I started reading and just couldn't stop! This was the first book I have read from Kimberly Dean...and I must say that I am officially a book stalker now!

So what made this book so great? Gosh, so many things! Lexie, who was adopted at age 2, finds herself not only dealing with some MAJOR family issues...but also the object of one sexy ruthless mans obsession! This story has it all! It has romance, suspense, scandal, witty and hilarious banter, intrigue, and
Marsha
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been searching for new reading material since so many of my favorite series are ending and I stumbled across the summary for "Lexie." I decided to give the book a chance and I'm glad that I did.

The oldest of five children and the only adopted one, Lexie works hard to keep the family business afloat. Then Cameron is hired by her father to downsize and save them from financial ruin. All seems to be going as planned until a billboard advertising a stripper bar shows Lexie's image and no one
Michelle
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lexie is the oldest daughter of the Underhill family but being adopted she’s always felt out of place and has worked hard to prove herself as a valuable member of the family company and her family. When a billboard pops up of Lexie looking too enticing for the company’s image she storms to the bar that was being advertised only to discover an identical twin she never knew. Cam has been lusting after Sexy Lexie since he joined the company as the Hatchet man, trying to pull the company out of ...more
Karen
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Book 1. Lexie is a hard-worker and works for the family toy company, but she feels like an outsider since she was adopted and taken for granted by her stuffy father, compared to her "full-blood" siblings who don't work nearly as hard as she. Her father has even gone as far as to hire Cameron Rowe as a reorganization expert. She thinks of him as The Hatchet Man" and continues to work hard on ideas of her own for her department and workers.
One day, Lexie's face appears in a risque billboard along
Michele Avery
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
For disclosure purposes, I read this book after winning a copy of it from Goodreads. Other than getting me to read the book quicker than I might have otherwise, being given a copy doesn't influence my thoughts on the overall story. I am giving my honest feedback of the book.

Kimberly Dean is a new author to me, but after reading Lexie, I know I will definitely read more of her books. I won't reveal any plot points (see the description if you need more info on the storyline). I will however say
Lisa Ezzell
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two of a kind

And they never knew it until one day, Lexie’s sweet innocent image has been sexed upped and broadcast on a giant billboard advertising a raunchy biker bar. She takes matters by the horns, goes to the bar to demand to learn who could have played this terrible trick on her, only to meet her previously unknown identical twin Roxie. She hasn’t had the blessed life that Lexie has. There is so much more to this story, thankfully, Cam, the hated business executive hired by her father to
Chris
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy communication, Batman!

They actually communicated instead of jumping to conclusions and fighting and blah blah stereotypical romance novel obstacle.

I love that the issues the hero and heroine have to face are not just the same old 'I don't want a relationship because---'

The hurdles Lexi manages are great for her character growth. Totally worth the read.
Charlene Rowe
Hate cliffhangers

I loved the story..as far as it went. Why can't writers end a story? Why can't they figure out how to let a story stand on its own? If I like it , I'm going to get the next one in the series. I'm buying the next book but it cost a star or 2 for this review.
Joanna
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It wasn't a bad book, but it doesn't make me curious enough to read the further parts of the story.
Katrice Lyness
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Triplets

How interesting is that growing up in a rich family adopted only to find out you are one of three and not only do you meet your sister u leave the family
Rosa Caraballo
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this book

This book is amazing, the animosity between the characters, and then the attraction... Love it all,I can't wait to read the other sisters stories..
Kim
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book. Grabs you from the first page.
Julie
Joannie Layne
rated it it was ok
Oct 18, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Secret Baby (House of Morgan, #2)
  • No Matter What (The Billionaire Bargains, #1)
  • Seduced by the Stranger (The Napoline Royals, #1)
  • Wild Boys After Dark: Logan (Wild Boys After Dark, #1; Billionaires After Dark #1; Love in Bloom #43)
  • Heart on Fire
  • His Christmas Miracle (Love in Montana, #5)
  • The Billionaire's Secret Wife (The Pryce Family, #3)
  • Breakaway (Heller Brothers, #1)
  • Seaside Surprises (The Seaside Hunters, #1)
  • Love in a Snow Storm (Pine Harbour, #2)
  • Murphy's Law (Damaged Heroes, #1)
  • All or Nothing (The Coxwells, #4)
  • Simply Irresistible (Flatiron Five, #1)
  • Her Big Sky Cowboy (The Wildflower Ranch #3)
  • I Only Have Eyes for You (San Francisco Sullivans, #4; The Sullivans, #4)
  • A Kiss For The Cameras (The Hollywood Showmance Chronicles #1)
  • Finding Southern Comfort (Windy City Romance, #0.5)
  • Paradise Cove - 3 Book Set (Paradise Cove #1-3)
When taking the Myers-Briggs personality test in high school, Kimberly was rated as an INFJ (Introverted-Intuitive-Feeling-Judging). This result sent her into a panic, because there were no career paths recommended for the type. Fortunately, it turned out to be well-suited to a writing career. Since receiving that dismal outlook, Kimberly has become an award-winning author of romance and erotica. ...more

Triple X (3 books)