Start by marking “The Flesh Cartel #9: Trials and Errors” as Want to Read:
The Flesh Cartel #9: Trials and Errors

The Flesh Cartel #9: Trials and Errors

(The Flesh Cartel #9)

With a wedge at last driven between Mat and Dougie Carmichael, courtesy of Nikolai Petrovic’s expert manipulations, the brothers must each accept their new path forward: Dougie, a perfect slave, sweet and obedient and loving. Mat, a tightly reined dog, snarling and snapping but never allowed to bite.

Unfortunately, no transformation, however well planned, is without its gro
Published August 5th 2013 by Riptide Publishing (first published August 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Flesh Cartel #9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Flesh Cartel #9

Shile
Shit! F*ck! F*ckity! We have reached another level of psychological torture and brainwashing.

description

Just going to leave this here:

Vivian
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotic
The rage I felt earlier in this series is gone. Followed by frustration and aggravation which now frankly, is apathy at this point. How do I feel after this book?

Kill 'em. KILL THEM ALL.

Dougie's a joke, Mat's a misguided and naive fool, and Nicolai's a narcissistic megalomaniac. At this point, I am inclined to leave the characters where they are and not follow on with the next season.
Lisa Henry
GOD DAMN YOU CLIFFHANGERS!!!

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

(Which is the sound I imagine I make as I fall over that cliff, shaking my fist at a cruel god.)

(view spoiler)

But I also want some more depravity thanks. Mmmm...depravity...
Fabi
aww man, how much sadder can this get?
Monique
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt
Why does my mind go into panic mode each and every time I open up my Kindle to begin reading another episode in The Flesh Cartel Series!!!

Because Heidi Belleau and Rachel Haemowitz have created two characters that are now part of the fabric of my very being… Mat and Dougie have been put through every torture, humiliation, degradation, pain, hurt and mind fuck imaginable and I have been there with them every step of the way… these boys are ingrained within my very soul!

We left Mat in episode eigh
Elena
What a psychologically intense instalment!
A big cliffhanger at the end and... I'm afraid I know where this is coming...
(view spoiler)

Dougie is slipping more and more into the "good slave boy" mindset, and I'm so sad because of it but also... I'm pissed because he should have been stronger! Cleverer! Looks like his whole psychological PhD background fires back at him... :(

An
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
~ ~ ~

HEART - FUCKING - POUNDING

How the hell did Heidi and Rachel ramp up the tension in this episode? In a series that cannot become any more intense they found a way to take me right to my edge, cross it, and then completely exhaust me with a racing pulse, fear and hope. Always that damn bit of hope.

“And more than anything, you need to learn to let go of all your silly, stupid morality, all the trappings and judgments and pointless rules of your old life.”

THE STORY

This episode starts
Alona
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I do no know if I'm ready for it, and I probably wouldn't be starting it now if it was not for my buddy L!
I stopped reading this series months ago, after finishing book no. 8, that for me, was the hardest of them all.
I needed a break to breathe because it really got to me!
I also wanted to wait for the all series to be out, in order for me to not get stuck in the dark without an end within reach.
I pre ordered the all series, and now that it's out I'm taking a deep breath and diving in!

Wish me luc
Debra
Mat is back in this episode fighting Nikolai at every step and taking the horrifying consequences.

Dougie has drunk so much of the Kool-Aid, he is in love with living to serve Nikolai. He is pampered and content.

Mat continues to make demands of Nikolai, who warns Mat to be careful what he asks for. Mat is taking his punishments and getting back in shape with the ultimate goal of saving Mat and now Roger, whom he believes to have suffered abuse due to Mat's choices, and tear the whole operation
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shorty, mm, dmc, ebook
Another Wow! Nikolai continues to be a total bastard, not like we expect anything else by now, but still. The boys are as confused as ever as they flip flop back and forth between feelings from their other life to coming to grips with feelings from their new one.

Dougie seems to be having less and less doubts of his position in his new life, though those niggling doubts are still there. Nikolai chooses this time, even though it seems to be a bit premature, to test Dougie in the worst way possibl
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
 photo What_zps8a883c54.gif
How could the author end the book, leaving me to feel like this??

Lord,
 photo 3_zps54a6547f.gif
Silkeeeeeereads
I'm FINALLY back in with this series. I have goosebumps. It's going to be impossible to write anything about this particular book without giving too much away. I'll just say - Hope. Hope for the series and hope for the brothers.
Sara
Oh Holy Mind Fuck! I knew this one would throw me off again. I really loved Episode 8 and got way too comfortable...my bad.

So yeah, um Mat…damn boy! Just when I was ready to be done with you and was not invested in you at all to be honest you knock my socks off! Wool socks to be exact and oh boy, do you need another pair?
Nikolai’s logic sounded okay in theory, but that was what Nikolai did, just kept talking and talking and talking until you believed what he said, until you accepted his world
Kristie
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG! The suspense! The cliffhanger! Once again, Mat and Dougie are breaking my heart, and Nikolai is proving himself to be a vicious monster. I'm on pins and needles for the next episode and for the answers to my questions. Of paramount importance, will the 10th book be the last? Will everything be wrapped up then?

Rachel and Heidi continue to amaze me in their writing, their unflinching ability to put together a story that is both horrible and perfectly wonderful at the same time. The terrible,
Connie
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Now that is time to review the only thing that comes to mind are profanities... yes, a long list of them in Spanish and English alike.

Review will be available at Hearts on Fire.

*******

Patience is NOT one of my virtues...

Let the teasing commence...

“So I’ll do it, I’ll be the good little slave, I’ll fight when you want me to fight and I’ll stop when you tell me to stop, and I’ll suck your cock and take the beating I know you plan to dish out afterward, and I’ll even fucking thank you for correctin
Dreamer
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This series is akin to shooting heroin, just can't get enough of it!
description
Matt is the ultimate tortured hero, trying to outwit the diabolical Nikolai in order save his brainwashed brother Dougie.

'(Matt) just reached out with one hand to cup Dougie's cheek and hoped that would serve as comfort. The way Dougie closed his eyes and leaned into the touch, like some needy cat but sexual, somehow, made him want to pull his hand away again. But he resisted the urge. He doesn't know what he's doing. He doesn'
Chappy
Oh man...Mat thinks he's managed to get to see his brother. He doesn't realize that Nikolai is going to use this at a big setup.

Mat gets punished with a "shocking" huge plug. When he finally gets to see Dougie, it's more depraved than anything he's imagined. Douglas makes a small break through and reaches out to Mat.

Em
This was the most exciting book in the series so far, and I finally feel a glimmer of hope for the boys. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!!!
Abigail
Jun 06, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark, m-m
Oh, another? Don't mind if I do!

To see my previous reviews and my next review for The Flesh Cartel, please click the links below.

Capture (The Flesh Cartel #1) - HERE
Homecoming (The Flesh Cartel #7) - HERE
Loyalties (The Flesh Cartel #8) - HERE
-----------------------------------------------------------
Awilk -never sleeps-
Trials and Errors had more of Mathias, which I have been wanting throughout the last few books, so that made me very happy.

I do devour these shorts as soon as I buy them, but I am not sure for how much longer I can go waiting to buy and read this story at such little sections at a time. I wish it was just released as a novel so I could read from beginning to end without the problems of waiting for each installment and buying it bit by bit. It is going to work out very expensive.

The ending to thi
A Girl Has No Name
Th Flesh Cartel gets more and more disturbing with every page read. The brothers have been put through such a huge amount of pain, turture, manipulation and emotional terror that it really is a miracle that they are still alive.

In this part of the series, they are finally confronted with each other, which was an extremely touching scene. While Mat is desperately trying to somehow save his brother, Dougie seams unable to cope with the situation.

The suspense was very high in this book and the cl
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Omg crazy! I don't feel good about the ending!
Elaine
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, on-the-dark-side
At last...hope!!

But why do I feel so nervous and scared..

One more book to go....................

Please give Dougie and Matt their HEA

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Kera
Aug 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
At the end of the 8th episode we were promised/informed that Matt "has done with underestimation of Petrovic" and Petrovic "always underestimated” Matt. I doubted. This episode shows I was right. Petrovic fully controls the situation: the arrangements for brothers meeting proved that Matt didn't play in Petrovic's league. The episode is so far from the real clif-hanger as it is possible and imaginable. The trap is so obvious, the whole situation is sewn with so thick threads that you must be one ...more
Leigh
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review can also be read at Under the Covers Book Blog.

Holy Mary, Mother of God!! In what has been an amazing series of books the likes of which I have not read anywhere else, Trials & Errors was hands-down the best thus far!

For the first time in awhile, we see Mat pull himself up by his bootstraps and reveal his fortitude in doing what he needs to do to survive and to protect both Dougie and Roger. His attitude is back, and it’s wonderful to see. Of course, part of me cringes when he behave
Anna
Aug 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
I started reading this seralized novel towards the end of last year, and liked it well enough to keep reading. Two young men, brothers, are abducted, tortured into betraying each other, then sold to a slave trainer. Matt, the older gay brother, is a professional fighter who's never been able to attain his goals because his younger brother, Doug, has always been his priority. Matt and Doug are alone in the world, and survived foster care after the death of their parents by existing for each other ...more
Carolyn
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: psych-thriller
I am as engrossed as everyone else reading this series. I so want to see Dougie and Mat come through the situation that they have been forced into. When I inquired with the publishing company, they said that there are more seasons to The Flesh Cartel and could possible go to book 19 or 20. So there is much more that Dougie and Mat may go through.
I cannot believe where book #9 left off! Who picked up them up and what will it mean for them? Remember that Dougie and Mat had a micro chip imbedded i
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Oh yes, it's another installment of the kinky fuckery we know as The Flesh Cartel.

I was thrilled to see a little bit more focus on Mat (although when the focus is on you...it might not be pain or angst free).

What else is there to say without threats of spoilers?! Not much but I will say that knowing that there are so many installments left, I'm thinking that there is no good to come for these guys in the near future.

Bring on #10..I'm ready for it!!

« previous 1 3 next »

• The Last Rebellion
  • Fog: A Novel of Desire and Retribution
  • Antidote (Don't..., #2)
  • Resistance (Power Play, #1)
  • Pride (The Copper Horse, #2)
  • Crucial Lessons (Brothers LaFon, #1)
  • Dark Soul Vol. 3 (Dark Soul, #3)
  • Shattered Heart
  • An Inch at a Time (The Professor's Rule #2)
  • Hell and Beyond (Broken, #2)
  • Waiting in the Throes
  • If It Fornicates (Market Garden, #4)
  • Schadenfreude
  • At His Throat, A Promise
M/M erotic romance author, freelance writer and editor, sadist with a pesky conscience, shamelessly silly, proudly pervish. I'm a twitter addict (@rachelhaimowitz), and I blog every M/W/F at Fantasy Unbound. To learn all about my current and upcoming projects, please stop by my website. I love to hear from folks, so feel free to drop me a line anytime at metarachel (at) gmail (dot) com.

The Flesh Cartel (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Capture (The Flesh Cartel #1)
  • Auction (The Flesh Cartel, #2)
  • Choices (The Flesh Cartel #3)
  • Consequences (The Flesh Cartel #4)
  • The Flesh Cartel #5: Wins and Losses
  • The Flesh Cartel #6: Brotherhood
  • Homecoming (The Flesh Cartel #7:)
  • Loyalties (The Flesh Cartel #8)
  • False Gods (The Flesh Cartel #10)
  • The Flesh Cartel #11: Permanent Record