Start by marking “Aphrodite's Secret (The Forgotten, #1)” as Want to Read:
Aphrodite's Secret (The Forgotten, #1)

Aphrodite's Secret

(The Forgotten #1)

Kaira, still reeling from the loss of her younger sister in a tragic boating accident, lives in the dark world of exotic dancing for survival. When one man enters her life, her world is turned upside down and inside out, where reality and fantasy seem to intertwine.

Kaira feels the eyes of a striking man watching her every move on stage. Zane is a scarred man with many secr
Published February 26th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Aphrodite's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aphrodite's Secret

Jill
Apr 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Kaira is a stripper, all alone in the world, enchanting and striking to all that see her.. she has purposfully removed herself from the dating scene after some crazy stalker like boyfriends.
Her family are all gone, all she has is her friend and fellow stripper Jasmine. When someone starts asking around about Kaira, weird things start happening.
Zane is a warrior thrown out of Olympus, he is also very alone in the world. In a strip club one night he notices a stripper with a difference, she has
Joy
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Aphrodite's Secret is a cross between Pretty Woman and Clash of the Titans then wrapped up into a great little story. The pages just flew by! I thought the characters were developed well and interesting. I liked Kaira and her feisty friend Jasmine. Zane was strong and endearing in his role of tortured soul bad boy.
It's kind of like an Adult-20-Something's Percy Jackson and the Olympians - where high school is instead an exotic dancer place called Diamond Darlins. I'll be looking for the next adv
Leslie
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book

Totally worth a read. I like the mythology. The love story was very sweet. Still have questions though but they aren't overly relative to the plot.
Stefany
Apr 18, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this book over a course of a few days. The reason it took me longer than normal is that I had some trouble getting into the story. I knew it had some appeal because I didn't want to stop reading it; I just had trouble really getting involved in the storyline. That said, I think it ended up being a great story and I did enjoy it.

Kaira is the main female character. I wasn't sure what to think about her at the beginning of this story. She seems to be almost immune to the situation she is in
Christina M Condy
Aphrodite's Secret grabbed me immediately. Samantha Ketteman kept me turning the pages. It starts out with the birth of our MC to the lovely goddess Aphrodite. The poor innocent babe is taken immediately and then we fast forward in time 24 years.

We now have Kaira (the baby) all grown up and working as an exotic dancer. It all seems so mundane and ordinary until we have the fact that she... nevermind I can't tell you, if I do then I will spoil the book for you, so what I will say is that enter s
Katrina Curry
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Aphrodite's Secret shines light on people forced to being a part of a damaged world, hushing the typical judgement, while at the same time providing entertainment through the snarky characters.  Perhaps my initial failure to include Aphrodite's Secret to my TBR list was Kaira's profession as a stripper.  I honestly wasn't sure this would be a paranormal romance that could stack up against my usual preferences. It took no time before I actually found myself excited to review this book!

Jasmine an
Cathy Ricketts
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First book in this genre and I am hooked. Fast read, not filled with too much fluff and I hate fluff! The characters have interesting dispositions that seem to tie them together in ways that blow your mind. Samantha has a way of tying ideas together that just make you go aha! I really enjoyed reading this new author with a fresh style of writing. She has talent. She has a unique style that keeps you interested in her characters.

I started reading and found myself picking up the book every chance
Jessica
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it
I will admit that the paranormal/fantasy genre is not my usual read. Being that I don't usually read that genre, I was interested to read this book. The characters were compelling. Kaira is a stripper, all alone in the world, except for a couple of friends. She's shut herself off completely from any kind of romance because of some bad experiences. Zane is a bad boy type that is instinctively drawn to Kaira. But I don't ever quite feel the connection and I desperately wanted to. And I did feel th ...more
Stephanie Bolen
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
It was good till the end. Kaira mourned her sister before all the wild stuff started happening, then the bad guy gives her the option of hearing about her sisters encounter with him. She choses option B, and forgets all about her sister. There was no vow to find her or find out what happened. Instead it ends like a traditonal romance and a heartwarming scene with her mother. The sister and the best friend unresolved mysteries are never even addressed.
a_tiffyfit
I received this book in exchange for my honest review as part of a book tour and blast. Review to come closer to my posting date!
Joy Whiteside
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. I could not put it down until I finished the very last page. This book must be read, there is no doubt about it. You will not be sorry that you did.
Kristin diefenbacher
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

When is the next book coming I want/need to know what happens next!!! Such a great book and a fun read!
Danielle Hoffman
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
OOps!! In the dark while on the road last night I apparently picked up the wrong book... hmmm...might read them in tandem...
Betty Schoen