Start by marking “The Seers (Holders, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Seers (Holders, #2)

Read Excerpt

The Seers (Holders #2)

After nearly being drained of her ability and betrayed by a man her father trusted, Becca Ingle was left with one clue — Ciaran Shea. He holds the key to the downfall of the power-mad Holder, Darragh, and can ensure the safety of both Holder and Human kind alike... but is he willing to help?

Becca, Alex, Jocelyn, and Cormac set out for Adare Manor to meet with the Bhunaidh
Published February 4th 2014 by Strange Chemistry (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Seers, please sign up.

sjoo This is what Julianna commented on her own review on 7.4.14. Haven't heard anything about it since then though...

Julianna wrote: "There were always 4…more

Julianna wrote: "There were always 4 books planned for the series, however, due to the publisher dissolving the release dates for the second two books is now up in the air. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted though!"(less)
YA Novels of 2014
1,527 books — 9,063 voters
Tin Men by Amalie JahnThe Seers by Julianna ScottCress by Marissa MeyerAllegiant by Veronica RothWinter by Marissa Meyer
YA Upcoming Sequels
33 books — 76 voters

More lists with this book...

Julianna Scott
Mar 03, 2013 Julianna Scott added it  ·  (Review from the author)
For anyone itching to get a taste of THE SEERS, I thought I'd let you in on a few of the images that helped me envision the story and the places and items in it. I hope you enjoy!

First off, we have Adare Manor, an actual castle estate where a good portion of the story takes place. From the outside...

...and the inside.

The main entry lobby.

The Gallery, where the formal gala is held.

Guestroom parlor of Jocelyn's room.

Collage of the manor and grounds.

In the story...

...there will be fancy clothes...

Emily May
Apr 11, 2013 Emily May rated it really liked it

After finishing this sequel to The Holders , I still maintain that this is a massively underrated series. It has a Harry Potter meets X-men vibe but will specifically appeal to teen girls/young women the most. The story itself is not entirely unfamiliar but Scott puts her own unique spin on paranormal boarding schools, superpowers and teen romance. It's fast-paced, funny, a little creepy at times, but certainly always entertaining and addictive. For the first time in what feels like forever, I
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)

I'm not a stalker. No, no, really, I'm not. Yet I'll stalk Julianna Scott's blog for sure to know when the next book will come out. Yes, it's that good. Why, I think I can safely say that I'm pretty obsessed with this (underread!) series right now.

I'm shamelessly in love with Alex, because he is a wonderful male lead. Period.

Okay, want to know more? What can I say, the guy blushes, is loyal and trusting but oh so humanly insecure sometimes, he cares deeply about his friends and his love fo
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)

"...For a long time it was enough-more than enough. More than I ever thought I'd have." He paused again, swallowing twice before continuing. "But then I met you. And feeling the way I do about you...having what we have...if you were to..." He tried again. "If..." He took a deep breath. "All that other stuff, it isn't enough anymore. I couldn't go back."

Awww...this series is just too cute. No, really, it's way too cute for it's own good. Where this one excelled in character growth and adorable
Vera
Apr 12, 2013 Vera rated it it was amazing
Review posted 12/18/13

Finally! I couldn't wait to get my hand on this book after The Holders. Reading this book makes me want to go to Ireland and stay here!

Just like The Holders which is the first book in this series, this has the X-Men meets Harry Potter feel which I love. Aside from that, it’s funny, poignant and fast-paced and leaving you wanting for more.

Becca is mature and yet can be stubborn at times. She gives her father headaches as of course, any normal teenager would. I can relate t
Whitley Birks
Jan 21, 2014 Whitley Birks marked it as dnf
Shelves: 2014
I can't. I'm sorry, I just can't. I can't finish a book where the main character is actively pissing me off on every single page. Every time Becca turned around, I was either rolling my eyes or wishing I could throttle her. I only made it about a third of the way through, so take the rest of the review with the caveat that I could have been proven completely wrong by the end of it. Also, the lack of a star rating is intentional. (It's a lack, so as not to count towards the average. I only rate D ...more
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
What do you read next if you are a teenage girl who was obsessed with Harry Potter when you were younger?

Answer= This series

The Holders is a really enjoyable YA series that brings to mind both Harry Potter and X-Men in the best possible way. It is close to being too derivative but manages to surprise me with its originality at the same time. I actually think it is a series that is often overlooked- maybe the teenage girl geek market is a small one? Still, it is romantic enough to appeal to Twili
Anne

Also reviewed for Addicted2Heroines

This is a cute series that I'm glad I've been able to keep up with. I'm not claiming that it's mind-blowing, but the plot bounces along a t a nice pace.

This book opens with Becca getting ready to go to some sort of a snooty gala held by Holder purists. This group would love to add her father to their ranks, so they've been given an invite to the event. However, the only reason that they've agreed to attend is to be able to talk to a Seer who may know s
Shannon
Mar 03, 2013 Shannon rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-club, arc
4.5 rating. Hmm where to start. This book was hard to rate cause there was lots that I loved but there was just one thing that nagged at me while reading and that was Becca when she was trying to prove she was right. It's not a big thing but to me it just showed how young she could be and really frustrated me at times. If the whole book was her with Alex I would have loved her throughout cause them together is amazing. I mean seriously Alex is just totally swoon haha.

I also missed the element o
Jenni (thebookbonnet)
I really can't wait for this one! I just hope I haven't built it up too much in my mind like I usually do. I've been on a bad streak with sequels, here's hoping the streak burns out before I get this one!

*please be awesome, please be awesome, please be awesome* >_<
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to ANGRY ROBOT Ltd and Netgalley.)
This is book 2 in the ‘Holders’ series.
**Warning – some unavoidable spoilers for book 1 – ‘The Holders’.**
Becca and co are off to France to attend a meeting of pure-blood Holders, hoping to be able to talk to an important man – a seer who may have been involved with Darragh.
Unfortunately though he turns out to be a very difficult man to catch.
Can the seer help them? And ho
★MC's Corner★
This is so good! I enjoyed reading it so much! The action, drama, romance... I love it!

Can’t wait for the next book! Amazing! I want to know what will happen next!

MORE The Holders please!

*MC’s CORNER*

• The excitement starts with Becca & Alex’s handshake. *giggle*

• Next…Bitch in the town bitches!!! *ghetto me*

• So apparently Becca has new discovery with her power. IT WAS SOOOOO COOL!

• Then let’s welcome new characters!!! They’re twins! And… (just read it! GOSH!)

• SPOILER: Chloe found her Ana
Lauren
Mar 11, 2013 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
Wow. Just... wow.

It will be really difficult for me to do a proper review with out spoiling anything, so this may be rather short, but if you take nothing else from my rambles, take this: read this book. Even if you didn't much care for The Holders.

Sounds odd I know, but it seems that most of the people who weren't crazy about The Holders felt that way because of the predictability of the plot. I can not fault them that, as I agree, the story itself was very predictable, but for me it didn't hin
Shona Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
Since I finished The Holders I have been desperate to read the follow up so when I got the chance to read The Seers I literally jumped at the chance. I said in my review of The Holders that 'This is a world I can become involved with, and these are characters that are already dear to my heart.' And I truly meant it, it may have been a while since I stepped into Becca's world, but Scott has written it so well that the time isn't a problem.

One of things I enjoyed about this book is Becca and Alex'
Maddie
Jun 19, 2013 Maddie added it
When does the book come out?! I can't wait any longer!
Laurie - The Baking Bookworm
Note: This book review, as well as many more, can also be found on my blog, The Baking Bookworm (www.thebakingbookworm.blogspot.ca).

Disclaimer: My sincere thanks to NetGalley and Angry Robot for providing me with a complimentary Kindle e-book copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

My Review: I reviewed "The Holders", the first book in this new YA supernatural series, back in February 2013. It was a strong start to a brand new series so I was eager to be given the chance to review thi
Kerri (Book Hoarder)
There's a lot to enjoy about this series, and I think that readers who are looking for books with a touch of magic, a strong female character and solid friendships will really enjoy this series and this latest book.

The Seers opens with Becca travelling with her father into the hornet's nest, as you might call it - to find out more information they have to put themselves directly in danger, and she has to hide quite a bit about who she is and also her importance to those who are around her.

I ha
Ashley Ferguson
Nov 09, 2013 Ashley Ferguson rated it it was amazing
This review and more can be found at The A P Book Club

*I received this book as an eARC from Strange Chemistry on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Holy moly you guys, I didn't think it was possible for this series to get any better than it already was, but I was sadly mistaken (but pleasantly surprised!). The Seers takes everything that happens in The Holders and makes it even more intense, mysterious, and raises the stakes 200%. There are new allies, new foes, and all sorts of people
Christal
Apr 13, 2013 Christal rated it really liked it
See this review and others like it at Badass Book Reviews!

The Holders is such a fun series! It has somewhat of an "X-Men" vibe, but uses the Irish cultural and aristocracy to elevate the story and make it unique. I think these books MUST be read in order; no skipping around here. The end of The Holders left some questions unanswered, but with a definite lead, and The Seers picks up right where it left off.

Becca , Alex, Jocelyn, and Cormac are searching for a man named Ciaran. They found out he w
All Things Urban Fantasy
Apr 13, 2013 All Things Urban Fantasy rated it it was amazing
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

Ever find that series that’s the equivalent of binge-watching a new show on Netflix? The Holders is turning into that for me. I started reading THE HOLDERS days ago and finished it Friday night. I read THE SEERS, book two in the Holders series, today. All day. I couldn’t stop until I was finished. Every time I thought I could put it down for a bit, do something else, I didn’t. I picked it back up again. I even skived off making dinner – ordering out ins
Yodamom
I enjoyed this YA tale of super powers, young romance, hot men, intense political intrigue and twists. It had all the elements of a good young adult read with a solid storyline and some fantastic characters. The powers these holders have are fantastic.
I was slightly lost by not having read book 1 in the series, but the author did give some brief hints that made. I would suggest reading book one first, some of the plot lines sound extremely interesting.
The story started with a young girl, Becca
Michelle
Jan 05, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!! I loved this book! One of my new favorites!

I loved the relationships and friendships in this story. And I loved all the new places and new people. I absolutely adore that the author took us on such an awesome adventure to amazing places! Great second book in a series. It is just not common for 2nd books to be great and this one was awesome. The characters are great and plot is so interesting. But my overall favorite part is how the author describes everything, from the castles and co
Jenny (Reading Envy)
I received a free copy of this from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I had enjoyed the first book in this series, so I was happy to read this one too.

I had forgotten how gut-wrenching the emotions in YA fiction can be, and true to form, Becca, the Holder of all Holders, with really important work to do, is more focused on when she gets to have sex throughout most of the book. If you can't handle the YA sensibility, stay away!

I went looking for it though, wanting to see where the story
JJ.
Apr 27, 2015 JJ. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars, fantasy
This series is, quite simply, really entertaining. It reminds me of the days when school-centered fantasy series for teens actually focused on something other than romance romance romance. (Don't get me wrong, there is a heartwarming love story throughout the last two books, but the book certainly doesn't make it of equal importance to the actual plot. Also, can we just mention how endearing Alex's blushing is?) While some of the cattiness and "me vs. everyone else, those stuck-up pretentious je ...more
Jilly
Mar 16, 2014 Jilly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy, y-a
I love this book! The beautiful writing really makes me want to go to Ireland!

Julianna Scott has created very realistic characters in the Holders & Seers. Rebecca, the main character is a firework: emotional, funny and sarcastic, loyal, and compassionate. Alex, her love interest is her stability. He is the perfect mature and stable counterbalance to her often reckless over-reactions. Their relationship is very sweet and cute. But, the relationship between Becca and her father is also well wr
Abbie
Jan 08, 2014 Abbie rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-to-review
(I received a copy from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review)

The Seers wasn't as good as The Holders.

The first few chapters had a few funny lines, and started out pretty good.
Unfortunately, it got boring pretty quickly after that.

The pacing was slow in some places, Which made it quite dull.

The characters weren't as great as what they were in book one.
I really liked both Becca and Alex in The Holders, but in this installment, i didn't really feel anything for them.

It picked up at the
Amber
Dec 12, 2013 Amber rated it really liked it
Although the first book was entertaining this sequel takes it to another level. I found it entertaining and unpredictable with a great show of growth. Both the plot and characters are refreshing in this series - my only complaint for the first book had been the too "Disney" relationship, but that's far from the case in this book. Everything was more than I expected and left me pleasantly pleased .
Magicreads
Oct 25, 2013 Magicreads rated it it was amazing
Oh My Lordy! I can't even. I. Can't. Even.

Steven = want to hug and kiss him and lock him up in my closet and keep him forever!

Bastian = <3 everything about him. EVERYTHING!

Love Triangle = There isn't one! Thank God! (I was worried for a minute, but it's okay, never fear.)

Alex = Mine. That is all.

So happy I have a while to think about my review which will come closer to release.

I <3 NetGalley!
Debra~Books4Kids
Blown away! Interesting, romantic, creepy, exciting, heartbreaking, and unexpected.

Review to come closer to release.

Jess B.
Aug 02, 2013 Jess B. rated it it was amazing
Want Now.

Anyone know when the cover art comes out?

(UPDATE)

LOVE IIIIIIIIIT! So much better than the first cover! Come on February!

• Emilie and the Sky World (Emilie, #2)
  • Skulk (Skulk, #1)
  • Student Bodies (Poltergeeks, #2)
  • Katya's War (Russalka Chronicles, #2)
  • One Great Year
  • Blood Orange Soda
  • Grains of Truth
  • Rogue (The Beloved, #2)
  • Under Nameless Stars (Zenn Scarlett, #2)
  • Secretariat Reborn
  • Moonset (Legacy of Moonset, #1)
  • Deadly Diamonds
  • Deviant
  • Black Dog (Black Dog, #1)
  • The Loved and the Lost (The Verona Trilogy #3)
  • The Book of the Crowman (Black Dawn #2)
  • The Circle of Thirteen
  • Paradise
I've spent my entire life thinking up stories and imagining new worlds to spend my mental time. Eventually I figured I should write some of the stuff down so that others could read and escape for a while with me.

Thanks so much for visiting! I love Goodreads and all my GR friends, and while I do not often extend a friend request, I do accept nearly everyone who tries to friend me, so don't be shy!
More about Julianna Scott...

Holders (3 books)
  • The Holders (Holders, #1)
  • The One (Holders, #1.5)

“I’d always known that nothing would come between Alex and I, but that was just the “what.” Now that I saw that we could handle what problems we did have in a way that only made us stronger, I finally knew the “how.” 2 likes
“How do my boobs feel…? Um, fine?” I said with a shrug. “I’ve got to be honest, no one’s ever asked me that before.” 1 likes