Start by marking “Beewitched” as Want to Read:
Beewitched

Beewitched

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  284 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Have you ever wondered about the secret life of bees? Step inside the magical world of Beewitched, where all of your questions will soon “bee” answered. Beetrice is an ordinary girl with one simple wish: she dreams of bee-coming a bee. Beetrice reads about bees, acts like a bee, dresses like a bee, and is even a B-student in school. Then one day, a mysterious hive, with th ...more
First Edition, 50 pages
Published February 28th 2013 by Kite Readers

To ask other readers questions about Beewitched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beewitched

Julie Grasso
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful story, with a plethora of "bee-lines." I read this to my 20 month old and she was mesmorized by the illustrations. My grandmother's name is Beatrice and at age 100 she has never ever liked her name, so I think she would be pleased to see another rendition of her name being used in such a beautiful story about the life cycle of bee's. Beetrice is not content to just be a little girl, she is obsessed with being a bee until one day through some magical honey, her wish comes true. ...more
Jennifer  Davis
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Beetrice loves everything about bees. She dresses like a bee, is a B student, and even eats honey on everything. She has often wondered what it would be like to be a bee. One day, she gets her wish and is transformed into a bee. She finds that being a bee isn't everything she thought it would be. "Bee" sure to grab a copy and find out what the buzz is about.

My 5 year old son and I enjoyed Beetrice's adventure. You get to see what a day in the life of a honeybee is all about. Again, this author h
Melissa Williams
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-shelf
Beewitched is a cute story that has a focus on Bullying, and realizing that life isn't always greener on the other side, Just different. This is the perfect story to sit down with your child and read it to them or have them read it to you. Asking their view on how they would have handled what happened in the story. BEEing Bullied is the most hurtful experienced for a child to go through. But BEEing able to see that not matter what you are BEEautiful both inside and out is as SWEET as HONEY.Just ...more
Nickcole
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. It was fun and i promise your tongue will be in knots by the end of this story. The pictures are very colorful. What i loved most about the book is the message, that you should be happy as you are. =) Another hit for Julia Dweck
Christy
Read this with the kids in class (Kinder). They loved all the bright pictures and it gave cute and real information about the work of the different types of bees and their stages in life. It even had a little reminder that the grass is not always greener on the other side.
Ursula

Very cute! x)

Janette Fuller
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Beetrice adores honey bees. She knows everything there is to know about them. She even slightly resembles a bee with her yellow shirt and her huge black glasses.

One day her school class goes on a field trip to the country. While the rest of her class plays games, Beetrice watches the honey bees hover over the honeysuckle flowers. Beetrice wonders if she would have been better off being born a bee!

With a little help from some magic honey, Beetrice changes into a honey bee and learns that a bee's
Kristi Bernard
Mar 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Beetrice is a little girl who loves bees. She even looks like a bee with her black and yellow clothes, her big bee-like glasses and she even put bees wax in her hair. Beetrice takes vitamin B everyday and eats lots of honey too. When her friends at school ask her to play with them at a school picnic in the park she declines and spends her time watching bees buzz around a hive. Beetrice wonders if she should have been born a bee instead of a little girl. Her friend Dewey begged her to come and pl ...more
Krista
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Children
My mom thoughts on Bee Witched a wonderful children's book for ages 6 and up. This is the cutest as always, author Julia Dweck has the funniest, well written, entertaining, clever,children's books my family has read. Every one of Julia's books are worth downloading right away. Bee Witched is a amazing story about Beetrice who thinks life would be great as a bee, this story gives children the lesson, "the grass always looks greener on the other side" after a magical drop of honey lands on Beetric ...more
Tammy Hoffa
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the character

Colorful and vibrant illustrations and it allows a child to be imaginative. My grandkids loved this book and I would recommend it!
Summer Hedrick
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. It helps children know that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Although you love things and wish you could be them instead of yourself, you may find out that that may not be for the best. Bee careful what you wish for! I think this book is a great confidence booster for kids. The illistration again is great in this book as well as all of the others!

Merged review:

Candice
Shelves: loved-finished
We received this book for an honest review. I sat with my three boys and we read the book. I personally thought the story was adorable. A little like Magic School bus. Very educational, fun, and still written for children to enjoy. Neat way to explore the ideas children fancy!

Per my son James (12)- It was awesome! I loved it. I liked when Beetrice was a Bee.
Per my son Brenton (9)- The book was nice. I liked when she turned into a bee.
Per my son Keagan (6)- I like the bee book. Because I just do.
J.E. Rogers
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Beewitched is a wonderful picture book for children, and, as usual, Julia Dweck manages to educate as she creates. Beetrice is a little girl who is entralled with bees, and wonders if perhaps she would bee better off if she were a bee. One day, while studying a bee hive, a drop of honey falls on her tongue. Before she knows it she has become a bee, and is given all the responsibilities of a worker bee. Beetrice soon learns that one should be careful what one wishes for. The little tale not only ...more
Wanda Hartzenberg
Shelves: childrens-books
I received this book from the author for review.
I was as always taken aback with the writing style and the expertly done graphics. Hats off to both the author and the artist.
The story if for ages 6 + but at almost 40 I found it bee-witching.
A girl, a bee and a life cycle.
I think the idea of getting young children familiar with the life cycle of bee's etc in such a fun way is a perfect way of stimulating the young mind.
The moral of the story - do not whish to be anything other than you are, is a
Heidi
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

What a fantastic book! The story line was entertaining and pulled my kids into it immediately. Ok so I admit I was intrigued too! And the illustrations where amazing with all the vibrant colors and details! What happens when your wildest Bee wish comes true? We find out when Beetrice samples some honey that transports her into a world of Bees and buzzing! The best part of the story is it actually has a great moral to be happy being just w
ruby2shoes
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beeautiful, Educatinal, Imaginative

A wonderfully written imaginative story of Beetrice who magically becomes the insect she admires the most, bees ! Through the story we also learn about bees in a educational way that one does not realize due telling of Beetrice's adventure.
Highly recommended reading.
Heather Alexander
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I sat down and read this and then my 7 year old read it. I loved the colorful pictures and the fantastic illustrations, they are what will draw you and your children to the book. The story is cute and adventurous. My daughter really related to a section where kids were being mean to her. My daughter said "Look mom, she is getting picked on too." To have a book as beautifully illustrated as this, with an interesting story on top of it, is a great find.
Frelisa Walker
Beewitched is a children book that has caught me off guard. Beetrice has an obsession with bees and what they produce. I am not good in science and I have trouble following the transformation of Beetrice and the writing on top of the illustration is difficult to read. The lettering should have been in bold.
I recommend the book since it encourages the reader to learn more even though the author explains about the bees and is a good book to ask who, what, where,when and how questions.
Sandra Stiles
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story about a young girl named Beetrice who loves bees. She dresses like a bee. Her favorite grade is a “B”. One day her class goes on a picnic. Beatrice sits watching the bees, wishing she was a bee. After swallowing a drop of honey from a strange hive, her wish comes true. You must read this book to find out what “bee-comes” of Beetrice.
Kim
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How sweet! Beatrice loved bees, she could watch them all day. Beatrice would rather watch the bees than play with be kids. She really wanted to be a bee. See what happens when she gets a chance. This is a great book to teach kids about bees. It's very colorful and honey sweet. Read it to your kids. Amazon.com is the place.
Lauren
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Beetrice has always loved Bees. Beetrice gets her wish but realizes it is not meant for her. Adorable story that teaches children acceptance.

I call my brother Bee and my nephews (2 1/2 and 1) now collect Bee everything, they will love this story as much as I do!
Melissa Miles
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and educational

This book would be great for young girls who enjoy science and nature. It briefly touches on the life cycle of a bee as well as how bees produce honey. Mostly it's just a cute story with magical elements sprinkled in for fun.
Tyrnesha
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
This is a really cute book. I enjoyed the story and the bright, colorful illustrations. This is a great book for kids showing them how they should like themselves just the way they are. They should never want to be something they are not.
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all children and adults
10*s. I totally enjoyed reading this marvelous little children's story about Beetrice. This is a funny and adorable story that I know that children will love to read or have it read to them. Its a MUST read that is so lighthearted and just a joy to read!!
Sena
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this tonight when I was tucking my three nieces in for bed. They really seemed to enjoy the story and the cute pictures on every page. :-)
Kristine
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beeautiful

It's a cute story and great beautiful illustrations. My grandchild who is four enjoyed having this read to him and he is excited about summer and bees
Tanesa
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable

Aww, it is quick yet cute, recommend for little girls, so cute even the pictures are cute and adorable. :)
RJ
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book that is about being yourself. There is some science (life cycle, bee activities) that gives the story line substance.
Great illustrations.
Gina Hott
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
LOVED IT!! This is a perfect easy-reader for the older crowd but the younger ones will enjoy the story and the pictures.
What can bee better than learning just where wishes can take you?
Eileen Carter
How do bees make honey?

This is a cute way to show children how honey is made, and used for. it also teaches us to Bret thankful for who we are. great story
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • A day with Moo: a best friend book (The Adventures of Midge and Moo, #1)
  • The Blue Baboon in the Big Balloon
  • If You Were Me and Lived In... Turkey: A Child's Introduction to Culture Around the World
  • Do Monsters Wear Undies?
  • Maybe: A Little Zen for Little Ones
  • Grandma Stinks!
  • The Day I Met Dr. Seuss
  • Dream Big, Little Pig!
  • Monster Beneath my Bed
  • The Night of the Great Polar Bear: An Inspirational Book about Following Your Dreams
  • Cindy Moo
  • I'm Squirrely! (The Nut Family, #1)
  • Playtime With Monster
  • My Little Pet Dragon (Fun!)
Julia writes children’s stories for digital and traditional publication. Her stories span the spectrum of humor, fantasy, and edutainment in rhyme and in prose. Julia’s background in elementary education affords her the opportunity to be in touch with what children want to read about and what makes them giggle. Julia collaborates with some of the leading artists in the world of children’s literatu ...more
More about Julia Dweck