Start by marking “Love Letters Volume 1: Obeying Desire” as Want to Read:
Love Letters Volume 1: Obeying Desire

Love Letters Volume 1: Obeying Desire

(Love Letters #1)

Love Letters Volume 1 contains four hot novellas that will tempt you to submit to desire:

A Is for Assignment by Ginny Glass
Published April 8th 2013 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Love Letters Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Letters Volume 1

Stephanie Collins
Apr 05, 2013 rated it liked it

A Is for Assignment by Ginny Glass
Lane Heywood is the last person Cameron Isley wanted as his partner in an undercover investigation at a sex club. But with the sexy psychiatrist masquerading as his Domme, he'll have to submit to her erotic torment—and try to control his all-too-real lust.

My thoughts: 3.5 stars

This was a very hot story about a cop and a psychiatrist that find undercover work actually opens t
Laurie
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Going to give this anthology a solid 4 stars. While the subject matter isn't really in my wheel house, I found the stories well written. Each a unique take on a 'taboo' subject matter. I liked the fact that all the couples while sexy as all get out and showing us definite smoldering erotica they also showed genuine caring for each other.
I did find myself gravitating towards D is for Detainment the most. I enjoyed the back story of the 'bad' girl and the preacher's son turned cop. The author, Mag
Julie Joyce
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm not typically a fan of BDSM-themed stories. I find them all very cookie-cutter and predictable. That's why this collection of stories is so refreshing. They were filled with surprises, sweet moments, dark scenes, sex, love, and enough heat to set my whole world on fire. Each of the stories were wonderfully unique, yet I found them quite complementary as well. I am very excited, in every sense of the word, for the next Love Letters collection!
Natalie
Apr 27, 2014 rated it liked it
As someone who has been a Harlequin/Silhouette reader for two-thirds of my life, I was glad to see the Harlequin publishing people becoming more open to...unique romantic fiction, for lack of a better word. I've yet to become very familiar with the type of fiction that Carina Press prints, but I've gotten some idea recently. It seems to print romantic fiction that doesn't fall into the average romance guidelines. I applaud the industry for this.

However, I don't want to make this review about the
Katie_la_geek
Like most anthologies Love Letters: Open Desire is a little hit and miss, but mostly I enjoyed it. I thought each story was fairly well written and developed but some were better than others. By far the best story of the bunch was A is for Assignment by Ginny Glass. I really liked the characters and chemistry in this one. It just seemed to work and I would have loved a little bit more of it.

The next best for D is for Detained by Maggie Wells, again I liked the chemistry and thought it was prett
Roxanne
Oct 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
I like the format of this book, four short stories by four different authors based on a single theme. I got this one from Kobo for free, so as far as free erotica, all four stories were well written. I'm not really sure why they chose to name the book "Love Letters", as they are not letters. Volume 1 is all about bondage (is that BDSM? Sorry, I'm not really an expert in this area), but each story tackles it in a bit different way. I guess depending on your taste, you will probably like one or tw ...more
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
NetGalley free read.

This is completely my fault and I need to stop asking for anthologies of short stories. This is just not my thing. I've yet to find one that I've overly responded to. Now this one wasn't as bad as any I've read in the past. But I need a real narrative, with a beginning a middle and an end. And when I say end, I mean a resolution.

The first two stories, A Is for Assignment and B Is for Bondage were good, but then I got bored reading the rest. I can't say I wouldn't recommend th
Isabel
Oct 06, 2013 added it
Shelves: 2013
4 short stories. They are hot, steamy, filled with BDSM themes and definitely hit my spot. I enjoyed the four of them, each with a different style. Nonetheless got slightly annoyed by the second one, due to the use of French; there are some words one doesn't use anymore or only in specific situation, and I know it isn't much, but it always makes me grit my teeth.
But despite this personal pet peeve of mine, I truly enjoyed those four texts.
Kimberly
Apr 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

This is four stories in one read. I assume since this is A-D that the rest will be in alphabetical order as well. The stories were short with each story about 20 pages. They are good but since they are so short there is not much of any kind of background or story to each story. Good for a short read that you can start and finish before bed.

Disclaimer:

I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

Amber
Apr 30, 2013 marked it as to-read
Hmm, this says there's four novellas but total word count is 37K? Those would be very short novellas. Still, a couple of the setups seem fun, particularly the last one. I love the idea of a straight-laced sheriff showing his kinky side...
Ryan
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
This is the first volume in a new set of short stories. The stories flow in alphabetical order but, they are not connected to each other. I like this collection because the stories are short, but not so short that they don’t complete an idea.
Kelly *oh boyeee*
Jul 08, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5
Kari
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, kindle
This anthology was just OK for me. The love scenes were OK, but I didn't feel any connection between any of the characters in any of the stories.
Katherine
4 short stories, all good! What a wonderful surprise for a free book. Definitely going to look for Volume 2, 3, etc.

Freebie from kindle.
Mary Stanford
Sep 09, 2013
Christine
Mar 02, 2013
Ginny Glass writes wicked smart, rocket-hot, melt-your-heart, zap-your-undies fiction.
She's a 30-something snarky brunette who likes thunderstorms, junk shops, vintage kitchenware, big words and writing author's biographies for herself (kidding - these things are horridly difficult to write).

Why romance? Who knows. Ginny once got Fabio's "Pirate" confiscated by a teacher in middle school, and it's

Love Letters (6 books)
  • Love Letters Volume 2: Duty to Please
  • Love Letters Volume 3: Wicked Whispers
  • Love Letters Volume 4: Travel to Temptation (Love Letters #4)
  • Love Letters Volume 5: Exposed