Start by marking “Ruined (Ruined, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ruined (Ruined, #1)

Ruined

(Ruined #1)

“So I live my life according to the rules of others while my secret festers its way through my body. It bleeds slowly out of my heart and into my veins. Each word of my secret pulsing through me as it gets closer to the surface. I imagine one day it will get so close to the surface it will spring forth from my lips and reveal the monster I really am.” – Ruined.

Bailey Micha
Published March 11th 2013 by S. Pratt (first published March 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ruined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruined

Thoughtless by S.C. StephensArsen by Mia AsherCome Undone by Jessica HawkinsThe Mighty Storm by Samantha TowleAvoiding Commitment by K.A. Linde
Cheaters
426 books — 768 voters
Thoughtless by S.C. StephensBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireUndeniable by Madeline SheehanLover Eternal by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. Ward
YOUR CHEATING HEART
244 books — 398 voters

More lists with this book...

Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

1.5 Pathetic Stars...

I am so deeply disgusted and disappointed at this book. I went into this book blind, I didn't read a review or snippet or synopsis or anything!
Oh Boy what a mistake!
After reading this book I swear I will appreciate all reviews written!!

Let's start off with this skank Bailey..
She has the most perfect boyfriend in EVERY sense.. Carron... Sweet, handsome, loving and his a Doctor!
He trusts her so much I actually feel so sorry for him.

This book frustrated me to death!!!
All the
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
I'm the minority here but this book FRUSTRATED the hell out of me. The entire story was "RUINED" in my humble opinion by the authors attempt at keeping the reader in suspense. So many things about this book made absolutely no sense to me. I will try to explain without spoiling the lackluster story.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:
* Why all the traveling back and forth (he flew in just to tuck her in, really?)...Why not discuss your past, present or future? ( sorry, those tidbits from dreams were not enough )
Lise *friends don't flag*
3.5 forbidden stars

description

“Hi, my name’s Bailey Michaels and I’m a sucker for punishment. The thing is, though, I don’t want normal. I only want him. No, that’s not even right. I need him. I need Angel.”

“No one will know that I have been willingly ruined by Angel – at least not while I can keep my mouth shut.”

Yep, and Bailey did a pretty good job of that as did Angel and it was heart breaking to see the two of them struggle with their intense love for one another while keeping a deep dark secret.

So… th
Jennifer Kyle
3 3/4 Stars

"Hi, my name's Bailey Michaels and I'm a sucker for punishment. The thing is, though, I don't want normal. I only want him. No, that's not even right. I need him, I need Angel."

Bailey Michaels is a pretty miserable human being despite the fact that she is engaged to wonderful guy named Carron and shares a beautiful home with him. You see, Bailey's heart belongs to another and sadly they can't be together.

"He is the one person who I will ruin everything else good in my life for, d
Shannon
Mar 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
Dreadful..*****Possible mild spoilers*****

I was so excited when I picked up this book, a GoodReads friend who actually likes many of the friend who likes many of the same books that I do was RAVING about it. The synopsis was amazing and looked like it was right up my book loving alley.. I thought no way could this go wrong..

I was wrong...

Not only did I HATE Bailey, I loathed everything about her.. whiny, ungrateful and the most selfish h I have read about in a long long time. She has no self res
Kerri Williams
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What can I really say that isn't going to give the story away? Well all you really need to know is it's coming very soon and I fell hard.
Ruined covers a sensitive topic without you even realising it and I loved every bit.
5 stars easy!
P.s, you may need a cold glass of water, coz Angel is H.O.T!

HAPPY READING!

M Marie
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book took me by surprise...4.5 Forbidden Stars!! Its a story of forbidden love. Bailey is engaged to a wonderful man living a quiet life, but she has a secret and his name is Angel. I cant say much without giving anything away. All I can say is WOW, I did not expect that to happen! The author does a great job telling this story weaving in a few flashbacks as everything gets pieced together for the reader. I will definitely be checking out some other titles by S. Pratt.
Paula  Phillips
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Living a lie can either go two ways , you can either become so good at deceiving others which can lead to you having the ability to believe your own lies or you can lie to others but find it hard to keep up and play The Lying Game. To borrow the tagline from the tv show "The Lying Game" it helps to describe this book as "How long could you keep up the Lying Game"?
In Ruined we meet couple Bailey and Carron - in a way they are good for each other, perfect almost. To Bailey, Carron represents a wor
AD
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was ok

I can't really say much about this book without giving anything away...but here it goes.....

I'm certain that this was the expression on my face the entire book....
Animated Gifs

or something like this.....
Animated Gifs

So what I can say about Ruined is that it was pretty predictable (well really, really predictable) and I really never connected with the two main characters, Bailey and Angel (in fact I hated them both). I couldn't find any redeeming qualities in either of them and that's a must for me. If you're gonna be s
♥Trish♥
Mar 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-battle, loanable
I'm really not sure how to rate this book. I just finished and really need to think about it.
Nana
Mar 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
Note: There will be a LOT of ranting and it’s more a complete critique than refined review. Also there will be a LOT of Spoilers.
__________________________________________

Ruined is the story of Bailey who has been in love with “Angel” since she was a teenager. At 26 she is still in love with him, but living a charade of a life with her fiancé Carron. Here is the story of a Forbidden Love and the potential was there, but the main character: Bailey is so shallow, self centered, egotistical and ea
Beth
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Oh My

Holy Guacamole. I mean OMG does not even begin to discribe it. Lets recap....I am sitting on my back porch reading Ruined by S Pratt. And then....WHAM. An 18 wheeler just smacks me in the head. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I think my neighbors may need some counseling after the string of "&%$(*&%(^" I let fly. I hope the 4 year old birthday party behind my house was not too disturbed.

The story... Bailey is unhappy. She doesn't really have any reason to be so unhappy.
Jo ❤
WARNING. POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD.

Hmmm.. I'm going to start by saying that I think this book aimed to shock the reader but the storyline was already kind of predictable so obviously, it fell a bit short.

Bailey is the heroine who is keeping a huge secret from her past. The story is told through her POV and we see flashbacks from when she was a lot more younger and living in her home town. She is obviously keeping a taboo secret with a guy she calls "Angel." At first, I thought to myself, What an o
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Engrossing Stars!!!

Wow....talk about grabbing you and never letting go. This book read like one big unsolved mystery.

The prologue just sucks you right in. Bailey has a secret, a big one....and it tears her apart more and more every day--keeping it bottled up.

On the outside she has the perfect life--engaged to the kind, thoughtful, caring doctor Carron....she has a great job, a nice house in the mountains, caring friends. But she gave away her heart when she was 15 to a man that she can't b
Mariℓina
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
3,5 maybe 4 or is it 2 Stars?

I don't know..

O.K. It all started nicely.. We knew there was a twist and a secret.. Maybe many secrets.. And many more twists.. But still..
I was like that.. La lalalalala..

And then...

I was like that..

I will not say a thing about what happens..

THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS BOOK
-I liked Carron
-Angel was a bit distant, we don't know much about him
-Bails wasn't a character to like but surprisingly enough i didn't hate her
-The twist was a twist
-I will give it 3,5 Stars because it h
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Damnit this book really got the mind working trying to figure out who that taboo man was!!
But I will admit that I kind of had an inkling it was him earlier on but wasn't 100% sure until your pretty much given the man's name on a silver platter..
Kind of had conflicting emotions with this book, mainly with the infidelity.. If say it was some wanker of a main character I'd be rooting for the female to dip her toes on the dark side but this guy just seemed so lovely, as you read along it was pointe
Chrystal
Mar 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Ok through out most of the book I was........just reading. And then at 85% it was like BAM!! I sit up straight and my jaw hits the floor....whaaaaaaaaat?? I had a few scenarios going through my head and never expected this one.

Ruined was good. Honostely I didn't have the sparks or have any emotional attachment to the characters. It didn't really get interesting until the end. But it was a fun read.

3-3.5 Stars
Melissa Brown
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites-shelf
Completely and utterly captivating. So well written with a mysterious plot that had me from the very first page. Finished it all in one sitting! Marvelous!
Silvana
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow I truly wasn't expecting that!!! Still I loved it. LOVED ANGEL!
J♤Đ£
Mar 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF. Boring AF. Guessed the big mystery, but 70% in and still no reveal. Too many grammatical errors. Poorly developed characters. Terrible dialogue. I just can't anymore.
Derna
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Ruined gets 4.5 stars

***I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

On the surface, Bailey Michaels has a good life she is engaged to Carron. Bailey loves Carron, but she is not in love with him, she can never fully give herself to him because her heart belongs to someone else and that someone else is her first love Angel. Bailey and Angel’s love is intense; they share a secret, one that is keeping them from being fully together.

'We all have secrets. Some are just bu
Michelle
Mar 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Okay so let me first say, I need to wash out my eyes...like right now. I get that Bailey is a cheater-whore but that really didn't bother me as much as I thought it would...lets just say the twist made me forget about pretty much everything else. In all the creepy factor is the only thing keeping this from being 4 stars. I have read some strange things - this takes the freaking cake.

So Bailey has the perfect man, Carron is the dream guy for most girls - he is kind, loving, doesn't push her to op
Nadine
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's taboo. A love affair that shouldn't be. But both are powerless to stop it. It has transcended across time. People would be hurt if they were found out. The town would talk. They're love must be kept secret. It must end.

Ruined hooked me from the start. I seriously could not put it down. I was torn about my feelings on this mainly because the main character, Bailey Michaels, was having this secret affair. She could not quit her lover. She craved him, needed him. Her heart and soul belonged to
pinK
Mar 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance-angsty
Quite honestly, I could not finish this book. I got about halfway through and I wanted to shoot myself. I wanted to like this book, so I trekked through as far as I could go, but while looking through reviews, I came across a spoiler of the ending, and threw my arms up in the air and said screw it.

I'm not surprised that the reviews for this book are either 1 or 4-5 stars. This is definitely not a book for everyone, and I'm one of the ones this book is not for. I'm a fairly open-minded person, bu
PJ
3 stars
This rating is mainly due to lack of anything real happening through much of the book. There's no in-depth character examinations and not much dialogue. It's too much exposition about the mundane details of living Bailey's life, when she's sitting on the tip of this massive iceberg. We need to feel that tension build, to feel Bailey rocking and holding on precariously to that bit of ice sticking up out of the water.

But stick with story, because between 78-82% there are several rapid-fir
Skye Burling-Briggs
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, s-pratt
This book is MIND-BLOWING!!! I want to say SO much but I don't want to give anything away. I started this amazing novel just 4 hours ago!! Yes you read that right I.COULD.NOT.PUT.IT.DOWN!!! When dose living a lie become to hard?
This is a book with a twist so huge I doubt ANYONE will see it. It bitch-slapped me in the face and I LOVED every second of it!! I can't beg you enough to read this book. You won't be sorry! The dynamics between these charterers is extraordinary!
“So I live my life accor
Sara
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Gotta admit I wasn't a fan of this book. The way she treated carron was so damn cruel. I couldn't find a place where I could even like her. That was difficult. I couldn't find one redeeming quality in her. Once the big reveal was out, the story seemed to conclude. I needed more. There was glimpses into the past with her and Angel but it wasn't enough. We got very little of angel. After the reveal i was left wondering, what the hell?? What did everyone think? How do they feel? How will this affec ...more
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I THINK AT THIS POINT I AM KINDA SPEECHLESS!!!! THIS BOOK TOOK ME FOR A LOOP, A SERIOUS LOOP, A LOOP THAT I WASN'T EXPECTING EVEN THOUGH I SHOULD HAVE... I TOTALLY SHOULD HAVE... I REALLY SHOULD HAVE....
Nina ~ Social Butterfly PR
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-reader
Don't start this until you have the time to finish it in one sitting, that is how addicting this book is. You think you know who Angel is, guess again.
Jenna
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Well this story really made you want to know her secret but when u find out it is kind of messed up. I don't know if I liked this book or not but if def. had my interest!
What did you think? 3 18 Jan 29, 2015 02:40PM
Wow! 6 64 Apr 10, 2013 12:02PM
Release date is incorrect per author Shelly Pratt! 2 26 Mar 11, 2013 05:04AM
  • Let It Go
  • Picture Perfect
  • The Do Over (The Do Over, #1)
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • The Prelude (A Musical Interlude, #1)
  • Broken
  • The Stillness of You (Beautifully Damaged, #1)
  • Destined to Change (Destined, #1)
  • Everything Changes
  • Shattered (Shattered, #1)
  • Fight or Flight (Fight or Flight, #1)
  • Misguided Heart (Misguided, #1)
  • Dark Passion (Dark Brother, #1)
  • Lost in Distraction (Lost, #1)
  • In the Air (The City, #1)
  • Luck of Love (Luck, #1)
  • A Terrible Love (A Terrible Love, #1)
  • Moving Forward (Timing is Everything, #1)
Shelly Pratt also writes under the pseudonym Stevie Harlow.

Ruined (2 books)
  • Ruining Angel (Ruined, #1.5)