Start by marking “Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3)” as Want to Read:
Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3)

Every Last Breath

(The Dark Elements #3)

4.30  ·  Rating details ·  19,108 ratings  ·  2,366 reviews
Some loves will last ’til your dying breath

Every choice has consequences—but seventeen-year-old Layla faces tougher choices than most. Light or darkness. Wickedly sexy demon prince Roth, or Zayne, the gorgeous, protective Warden she never thought could be hers. Hardest of all, Layla has to decide which side of herself to trust.

Layla has a new problem, too. A Lilin—the dead
Published July 28th 2015 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about Every Last Breath, please sign up.
Gamze Same as you but I don't think we have anything to worry about. For example I read WHK so late and I just had to wait STC for a couple months and I…moreSame as you but I don't think we have anything to worry about. For example I read WHK so late and I just had to wait STC for a couple months and I thought it was a really long time to wait, and also that the longer we wait the less we will enjoy the book. Nope, it was sure as hell nothing like that. So I'm guessing there's a bomb waiting for us, and since Thumper is coming, I'm sure she will just blow our minds :)
But still, you're right about the time. March or April could be better. (less)
Marianne Almost everyone on her facebook page was team Roth, so yes, I take that for granted. Even though I feel sorry for Zayne and hope he finds true love,…moreAlmost everyone on her facebook page was team Roth, so yes, I take that for granted. Even though I feel sorry for Zayne and hope he finds true love, not just settle for a suitable gargoyle baby mama.(less)

·  19,108 ratings  ·  2,366 reviews

Wendy Higgins
Fantastic end to an incredible paranormal romance trilogy. I truly loved this whole journey and I think Dark Elements fans are going to be very satisfied with all of Layla's choices. ;)
aniryllis
Nov 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: to-burn-in-hell
Update: April 14, 2015

Oh poor thing, she is alone on the cover and it doesn't even match the others, LOL (at least this edition).

____________________________________

Update: April 3, 2015

Let's make a bet. I don't know when the cover is coming out, but I bet The Triangle will be on it.

UPDATE.

pieceofshit

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
____________________________________

Let me tell you a story that has started a year ago, after
Carol [Goodreads Addict]

Every Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout is the third and final book in the series The Dark Elements. Holy Canola Oil and Wow, just Wow! This book was amazing! There were no down times, no slow spots, just amazing from page one until the end. And what a fantastic ending it was.

This is going to be one of those reviews where I am so limited as to what I can say without spoiling anything. Things start right where the previous book left off. The Lilin has taken over Layla’s friend Sam’s body. Bu
Claudia
Nov 09, 2014 marked it as to-read
TEAM ROTH ALL THE WAY WITHOUT A DOUBT!
April
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this entire series.
Now, that was something.

description

I'm not really sure about how I feel about how this story ended so I'll sleep it off and then I'll be back.

{Review to come}
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
AFTER

Thank the many Daemon babies that Layla ended up with the right boy, I just wish JLA had known it would be him from the beginning because I feel really bad for the other boy. I really liked what I saw of the Hell JLA made, but I felt like I didn't get to see enough of it as big a part as it was. But overall, I really really liked it. But I'm still royally pissed about Bambi.
________________________________

BEFORE

My spidey senses are picking up that people are upset about a "love triangle." F
Angela
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's been a long time since I've gotten behind the wheel of a Jla book, and it's been a long time since I devoured a book this fast. Started it at 3 finished it at five. Every Last Breath is the third and final book in the Dark Elements Trilogy, if you haven't read the first two please do not pass go and do not pick up two-hundred dollars. GO BACK NOW AND READ THE FIRST TWO!!!! Every Last Breath does not let down.

As much as I want to load this review with spoils that would turn you rotten I wont
☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness
Fucking love triangles are making me crazy...

Layla and Roth better end up together!!!! TEAM ROTH!!! ❤
Taschima
Jun 25, 2014 rated it liked it
I realized something while reading Every Last Breath, I was in it for the romance. I was in it for the will she choose Roth? Or Zayne? Will we get more smexy scenes? Give me my angsty romance-indecision fix!

LET'S BE REAL: I wasn't in it for the plot, not really, while I thought the relationship between the characters was super entertaining when it came to the world development I realized that it isn't that original or even that interesting. The bad guys aren't even that bad, to be honest.

And on
Elena
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Excuse me, but why do they even bother changing the covers, if the outcome is even worse than before? And I thought that the original ones were fugly as hell.
Shame on me for believing it couldn't get worse. It just did.

______________________

To be honest Roth is the only character I like and care about in this trilogy. I couldn't care less what happened to all the other characters.
It's unfortunate, but what can you do, right? :'D
Still a solid conclusion though.
Patricia Huynh
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was wonderful! Spectacular! And mostly, a great ending to one of my favorite series by JLA of all time. I'm going to sorely miss these characters for sure now that it's the end *cries*

---

October 31, 2014: All I'm saying is that Layla better end up with Roth or I will drop kick a puppy. Or she could leave both guys and just be a badass girl team with Bambi. Either works.

But in other words I CANNOT CONTAIN MY SENSE OF GLEE!

I mean c'mon, between the Prince and the Warden... Vote for Roth?

Jennifer Kyle
4.25 Stars

Very creative series I love the familiar idea so very cool. As with every love triangle I kind of felt bad for he who wasn't chosen. An exciting, entertaining series with great characters and paranormal plot.
Full review to come still hanging with the Mouse.
Rachel Reads Ravenously

Just wanted to reiterate, 3 stars is NOT a bad rating. I liked this book I just didn't love it.

Every Last Breath is the conclusion to The Dark Elements series. And while it's not my favorite series by JLA I still thoroughly enjoyed it. This last book just wasn't for me. And it's not because she didn't pick the guy I liked. Or maybe it is? You find out about 20% in and that's not a spoiler because JLA said before she wrote it we would know at the beginning so no fan torture (thank yo
Nora
Edit(after reading):

Yes! Yes!!! YES!!! Everything is exactly how it should be! How? Click on the spoiler tag and you shall know all(and I mean all, so make sure you really want to know before you click on it):

(view spoiler)
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
My goodness. This book was amazing. I have to say that this series gets better as it goes on. There were no disappointments. I don't even know what to write about here. For you to fully understand what I'm going through right now, you'll have to read the series.

So this book starts with the sort of cliffhanger that the Lilin was in someone else's body and that his soul was gone. Through all of the chasing of the Lilin and stopping the apocalypse, Layla has to make her choice of who she'll want to
Ash
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
FINISHED! OMG, this book!!!!

This was a pretty damn good trilogy finale. I felt like there was a lot more emotion to it, lots more tragedy, lots more love, lots more loss....lots more of everything.

I love that it started RIGHT where book 2 left off. Its been a few months since I read it, so it really helped me remember what had happened. That tore me up, ugh, damn those things called feelings!! A lot of sad things happened in this book...and normally, I would have been really pissed off, but whe
Reira
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After I finish Stone Cold Touch
Zayne???
Or Roth??
How about get them both?
Can I get them both?
pleassseee...?
Cody
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-be-released
AN EPIC CONCLUSION TO A FANTASTIC SERIES!

“Well, there was only one that I knew I would always be happy with, one that I would always laugh with. One that I did more than long for, but yearned for, and each second that passed ignoring it was a second I wouldn’t get to spend with him- a second I wouldn’t live life with love in it, real love in it, the kind that did have lasting power.”

I’ve not long finished this book and already my mind is reliving my favorites moments, I seriously just want to cr
Jeff
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Olivia
(Edit after reading it at the end of the review)

OMG JULY 2015, how can we wait that long?
White Hot Kiss and Stone Cold Touch were respectively Roth's and Zayne's books. We had two books to choose our team sexy leader, thank you Armentrout. Now, let's try to clear things out:

Reasons to root for a Layla-Roth HOT-SEXY-AS-HELL (wink-wink) ending:

1)Because Roth is a Disney fan, how cute is that? Because you just can't wait to see Bambi again and to finally meet Thumper.

2)Because his tattoos and hi
Jasmine
So after finishing this book, I don't even know why I liked this series in the first place.
1. It was sappiest thing I've ever read. It was just cringeworthy.

2. I wanted Roth and Layla to be together, and unsurprisingly they were, I just didn't like how it was done. For one, the fact that JLA had people voting for him or Zayne made me feel like no matter what, Layla's choice wouldn't be sincere, just cuz I knew JLA didn't write it based on her characters, but based on a poll. And their relations
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 stars

All in all, this conclusion was pretty underwhelming. I get the feeling me and JLA need to break up. Her books just aren't working for me anymore.

EDIT: I just found this slightly amusing paragraph on my phone and thought I'd share:

It was cheesy, cringe-worthy and predictable. There were lots of moments were I rolled my eyes so hard it hurt and the dialogue between Layla and Roth was so ridiculous at times that I, the former captain of their ship, got annoyed and started skimming paragrap
Stormy
Nov 22, 2014 marked it as to-read
Where Layla picks Roth, loses her V, and Zayne falls for Danika.

Oh, dreams. Please come true. I'm counting on you, cricket.
Sing your star song.
____________________________________________

Hating the cover. Reminds me of a bitch IRL I can't stand.
Katerina Kondrenko
1 out of 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

Genre: urban fantasy, YA
Stuff: gargoyles, angels, demons
Fail: every tiny detail
POV: 1st-person, female
Love-Geometry: zero

Quote-Core:
“You’re like the cute version of the village idiot.”

Okay, something did happen with my taste. Only last fall I could tolerate simplicity of JA's books, I
bibliophile (Romance Addict)

5 Stars!!

photo roth.jpg

Series: This is the third book in the White Hot Kiss series, and it is the last installment in the trilogy. This series is written by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and it's a fantasy/Romance book that follows Layla, the main character. There is a novella that comes before th
Shannon (leaninglights)
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was so much fun. I tell myself I'm not going to get sucked into these books because they are silly and a tad ridiculous, but I can't help it. I have pages where I'm rolling my eyes at the cheese and then a page later I'm crying and freaking out. JLA has a way of taking something that could very easily be construed as silly and generic into something sassy, fun and still heartfelt. If you are a fan of her Lux series, or you want something Twilight-Esque but better because of the humor, ...more
Anja H.
*3.5 DEMONIC STARS*

“You make me wish I had a soul so I could be worthy of you.”

While I loved and enjoyed the previous two books in this trilogy, I kind of expected more from this one.
That ending just seemed too easy and lots of things weren’t explained properly. I kind of expected a big battle in the end but instead it all just felt a bit rushed to me.

Oh well, I still love Roth though. He’s my baby! ❤
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
4.5 Stars!

Why does Armentrout always have this amazing ability to draw me into her stories even when those stories make me want to roll my eyes, shake my fist in the air and chuck the book across the room with the nonsense of it all?

I honestly don't know. And even though I know I will more than likely get a headache from all the ups and downs of reading one of her books, I still pick the darn suckers up and dive into the pages.

I don't like so many tropes that her books have, love triangles and a
Maggi
Oct 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: full-review
Okay, here's the thing. I knew from the beginning how I will rate this book, because of the whole 'Who Will You Choose Thing'.

To summarize it, Armentrout let the reader choose who Layla will end up with. There was a poll, and the guy with the most votes got his happily ever after with Layla.
And she did this, because Jennifer L. Armentrout, the author, creator of this story, didn't know how to decide. She basically had no idea how to solve the love triangle.

Which is just ridiculous.

Let's be serio

• Sweet Temptation (Sweet, #4)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Scorched Skies (Fire Spirits, #2)
  • Refuge (Relentless #2)
  • Iniquity (The Premonition, #5)
  • And for Your Information… (Butterfly, #2)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Desire (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #4)
  • The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)
  • Darkside Sun (Mortal Machine, #1)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Ignited (Sense Thieves #3)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

The Dark Elements (3 books)
  • White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1)
  • Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2)
“I, Astaroth, Crown Prince of Hell, am in love with you, Layla Shaw. Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow. A hudred decades from now, I will still be in love with you, and it will be as fierce today as it will be a decade later.” 132 likes
“With every breath I take, I will always love you.” 85 likes