Start by marking “Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2)

Stone Cold Touch

(The Dark Elements #2)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  24,329 Ratings  ·  2,886 Reviews
There is an alternate cover edition for this ASIN here.

Every touch has its price

Layla Shaw is trying to pick up the pieces of her shattered life—no easy task for a seventeen-year-old who’s pretty sure things can’t get worse. Her impossibly gorgeous best friend, Zayne, is forever off-limits thanks to the mysterious powers of her soul-stealing kiss. The Warden clan that has
Published October 21st 2014 by Harlequin Teen (first published August 11th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Stone Cold Touch, please sign up.
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Tryna I really need to read this it is bothering me so much I want to know what happens ughhh

Christine Riccio
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fast, easy read, despite being a little predictable, I had fun! - here's my full blown booktalk / review: https://youtu.be/9pqXnN6AU10
Wendy Higgins
One of the first times I've ever beta read a book and not had any kind of feedback to give other than "DROOL! OMGOSH! I AM DEAD!"
This series...this heroine...these freaking boys!!!
A+++
Jen
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
After I read White Hot Kiss, I was like...

Team Roth!

But then I read Stone Cold Touch and I was like...

Team Zayne!

Now I'm like...

But seriously, here are 10 reasons you should read Stone Cold Touch...

1. Jennifer L. Armentrout wrote it. You know it's gon' be good!

2. The relationships. They're honest, real and lasting. Layla is a lucky girl.

3. The unique love situation. I'm calling it a "situation" because "triangle" isn't really the right word. Read it, then you'll understand.

4. Th
Lucia
Mar 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
My Roth, Layla and Zayne:

I have always been a fan of paranormal YA stories by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Why such a low rating this time? I had to take one star down because of cheesy dialogues and writing style. Second star was taken down because of stereotypical characters and dragged out plotline. And another stars was taken down because of the worst case of love triangle ever. Let me explain.

- Cheesy dialogues and writing style -

Cheesy according to Urban Dictionary: "Trying too hard, unsubtle,
Ailene♥
3.5 Stars!

Are you Team Roth or Team Zayne? The decision is in your hands! Voting ends Nov. 11!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I lost myself the moment I found you."

Oh my God! I need my Roth now! Now!!! November, why so far away?! Why?!!!

photo trax___fx_victoria___cry___gif_by_teklaa-d4fiff6_zps74d5c0d6.gif
Anniebananie
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Das kommt auch eher selten vor, dass mir der zweite Band einer Trilogie besser gefällt als der erste. Aber ich hab an diesem Buch überhaupt nichts auszusetzen. Die Geschichte schließt nahtlos an das Ende des ersten Buches an und endet dieses Mal sogar mit einem noch fieseren Cliffhanger (🙄). Ich fand die Entwicklungen der Charaktere toll und der Schreibstil war auch wieder super angenehm und flüssig. Der Plot war super spannend und es gab unerwartete Wendungen. Selbst das Liebesdreieck sagt mir ...more
Wendy
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
DO I love this series? Yes
Do I love Stony... I mean Zayne? Until this book? Heck nah. After this book? He's...meh
Do I love Roth? Now that's a heck YEAH!

We get to know the characters a lot better in this book and we undertnad the world much better as well. I finished this book in about two days and I can honestly say I enjoyed it and everything it uncovered. If you like YA fantasy/paranormal books then go for this.

Now just to wait for that last (wah. I'm gonna cry. I don't like good series ending
{Re-read because I will finally read book three}

description

It feels so good to revisit a world and fall in love with it and its characters all over again.

Who knew I could be so invested in a book where gargoyles were one of the main creatures. Not me, that’s for sure but Jennifer pulled it off beautifully, as usual.

description

I need to keep it this one really short because my cat’s about to have her babies and she won’t do it if I don’t rub her belly so….

I AM IN LOVE WITH ROTH, I felt like saying that out loud omg.
Serena (The Book Comedian)
Mar 06, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: reviews
ROTH IS BACKKKK YUSSS

HEY LAYLA THIS TIME YOU BETTER BE GETTIN' SOME-

OR ELSE I WILL-

WELL GOOD LUCK, I LOOK FORWARD TO READING EVERY INTIMATE DETAIL

*White Hot Kiss Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*follow for more reviews ;)
April
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was not expecting it to be him...
Stormy
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
LAYLA, IF YOU DON'T HOLD ROTH DOWN AND HAVE YOUR SEXY, DIRTY, KINKY, AND POSSIBLY ROUGH WAY WITH HIM IN THIS BOOK...I WILL.

AND FORGET ZAYNE ALREADY. HE NEEDS TO BE WITH DANIKA. LIKE, NOW.

........................

Ugh. I feel so so lame for not realising this would mainly be about Zayne from the Title. STONE COLD TOUCH. DUHHHH.

I seriously cannot believe the things that happened in this book. Jennifer really is striving to blow minds. There's so much crazy. Crazy good and crazy baaaad.

Don't read o
Sasha Alsberg
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer does it again! Stone Cold Touch is truly a riveting and beautiful read. If I could rate this book 10 stars I would!!
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.75 stars!

I FREAKING LOVE JLA!!!

Stone Cold Touch continues the series with Layla adjusting to her usual life again without the demon Roth. Pretty soon she and the Wardens discover a Lilin has been born, a powerful demon that can turn humans into wraiths, and it seems to be Layla's fault.

I thought that this was a wonderful middle book to a trilogy. It brought on all of the feels and the angst. Plus Zayne finally got a shot at wooing Layla which I am all for. I root for the underdog about 99.
Aseel (In My Secret -Book- World)
Oh. My. God. I'm completely speechless, but one thing for sure, how could ANYBODY be team Zayne??? Just how? Nope, no, nope. Just no!
#TeamRoth all the way baby
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo jla2_zps09c8d7d0.jpg

Stone Cold Touch is book two in The Dark Elements series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. OH…MY…GOSH!!!!! This book was amazing. I don’t even know where to start except that I loved it!

photo jla1_zps79ebacf3.jpg

Roth has been gone about two weeks and Layla is grieving. She believes Roth to be suffering in the depths of the fiery pits of hell. Roth became important to her. She can’t label her feelings but knows they are deep. And she misses him desperately. So you can understand her surprise when he shows up at the Warden’s
The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
My love for Roth has officially been solidified after that ending! Roth reminds me so much of Daemon; he's witty, sexy, sarcastic, and extremely romantic/passionate! #TeamROTH

Also...
-That cliffhanger is going to cause one serious book hangover...where's book three?!?!
-Bambi the snake is awesome-sauce and apparently also a fan of Wardens
-Abbott = boooo
-Loved all the action that went down
-Roth, Roth, and ROTH!!
Patricia Bejarano
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MADRE DE MI VIDA Y DE MI CORAZÓN. ESTE LIBRO CASI ME MATA.
Me ha encantado, como todos los de Jennifer. Ella nunca me decepciona. Si este libro no tiene las 5 estrellas es porque he tenido Zayne hasta en la sopa y no me gusta Zayne. Creo que queda claro que soy del equipo Roth. Porque sí, en esta parte es mucho más visible el triángulo amoroso, y hacía tiempo que no leía uno que me tuviera tan loca y enganchada, aunque me ha hecho sufrir, vaya.
Y Jennifer, podrías dejar de hacerme sufrir con eso
Booknut
When the words 'wickedly hot demon prince' appear in a book's blurb, there's only one appropriate response.
 photo tumblr_n5xog0tRpf1t6roozo3_250.gif

Don't get me wrong...I know he's a demon *cue fainting & much waving of holy water*

But Roth is just so...so...hot. White hot. Get it?! (Please ignore that mildly horrid pun)

If I were Layla, & I was in the same vicinity as Roth, odds are I'd be all like:
 photo tumblr_inline_n84438K53t1rfv3fn.gif

Please, Ms. Armentrout - just let Roth and Layla be together.

On the other hand I kinda like the sound of Layla and Zayne getting t
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
Oh my goodness. For one thing, I just finished that book in one day. In less than six hours. Also, that was a STUNNING BOOK! I have to admit, I wasn't sure how the second book was going to. My breath was blown away with what I encountered in the second, and somewhat better, installment of the Dark Elements.

So this book starts up from the major and upsetting cliffhanger at the end of White Hot Kiss. Layla is still upset about Roth but that makes sense since he only left two weeks prior. What
Selly - Leggere Romanticamente
ROTH TUTTA LA VITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sul blog trovate una doppia recensione qui http://www.leggereromanticamente.com/...

Ho tergiversato e aspettato un po' a leggere questo secondo libro della serie The Dark Elements perché sapevo che mi avrebbe fatto imbufalire.
Sapevo già che questo era "il libro di Zayne" e che quindi avrei dovuto sopportare molto la sua presenza a discapito di quella del mio favorito, Roth.
La Armentrout è stata bravissima come sempre, mi piace il suo stile e
Patricia Huynh
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5+++ Stars it was so damn good.
(view spoiler)
Srta Books
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leídos-2017
Team Roth.
No tengo nada más que decir jaja
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Team Roth but Zayne is fab too xx I just love a good paranormal love triangle. Review to come.
Oktober 22: I just finished and holy hell...

February 2014:

Me realizing that I have to wait until november:

FREAKING NOVEMBER!

I need more Roth and Bambi :(

Sniff.
Ashley
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-kindle-read
oh my gosh, oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH

its over!? fuck I have to wait 2 more months....I can't do it! I need the next book right this second. I love these books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes .... Layla pissed me off a lot in this book....but I love her.
Yes .... I don't think Roth was in this book nearly enough....but when he was *sigh*
Yes .... I can't stand Zayne....fine, hes a good guy, but UGH....

No .... I don't regret loving Bambi more than I love Layla
No .... I absolutely did not see any of this stuff comin
BooksTwins
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
RESEÑA EN EL BLOG: https://bookstwins.wordpress.com/2018...
Me encantó. Aun asi desde el principio hasta el final le encontré semejanzas con Luna Nueva pero solo hasta ahí.
La historia no se desarrolló tanto como el primero, pero el final estuvo llenó de nuevos descubrimientos que harán del tercer libro una bomba.
Sigo siendo #TeamRoth
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
"I want you so badly it's like a hunger that gnaws at me endlessly. It doesn't go away." He dipped his head to the space between my neck and shoulder, inhaling deeply. "You have no fucking clue."
"Then do something about it," I whispered.

Thank God. Thank. Gooood. I am not going to lie to you all. I have been soooo nervous these last few months about my relationship with JLA. I think it's because of her NA series. It just doesn't touch me the way you'd think it should, seeing as she's been my fa
Amanda
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
I felt so many emotions with this book it was unreal, first I was team Roth then I was team Zayne then I was back to being team Roth my head felt like it was going to spin off! I really did not expect anything that was happening, I know some of you guys are like "oh god the usual YA cheese" because there is so much about the romances in this series I LOVE IT!! I WANT TO EAT ALL THE CHEESE!!!!!! I'm a sucker for a love story that has some wacky put into it and Jennifer L. Armentrout is just the w ...more
Cody
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this again!

Stone Cold Touch carries on from White Hot Kiss with Layla trying to come to terms with how different she is from her family and her life without Roth.WHY?!

Layla becomes depressed, she misses Roth and worries constantly about his state in hell while Zayne tries his best to console her. BUT Roth is back! YESSSSS, and with that arrival it’s brings all kinds of feels and drama which he is famous for and at the most inappropriate of times! ;)

Zayne spends more time with Lay
YA Buddy Readers'...: Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Starting 15th June 28 10 Jun 21, 2017 11:29PM
Who did you vote for? 22 145 Jun 29, 2016 09:01AM
The Challenge Fac...: This topic has been closed to new comments. V-Nerd & K-Terror - Stone Cold Touch 64 24 Feb 15, 2015 12:52AM
OH MARY MOTHER OF GOD... 7 52 Feb 03, 2015 05:24PM
All About YA : Stone Cold Touch 3 49 Oct 19, 2014 11:36AM
i saw this book selling in Amazon 3 52 Aug 16, 2014 01:25PM
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Refuge (Relentless #2)
  • Darkness, Kindled (Fire Spirits, #4)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1)
  • Dwellers of Darkness (Darkness, #3)
  • Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #2)
  • Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles, #3)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror, #8)
  • Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters, #5)
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard

The Dark Elements (4 books)
  • White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1)
  • Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3)
  • Storm and Fury (The Dark Elements, #4)
“I love you Layla. Do you hear me? I've loved you since the first moment I heard your voice and I will continue to love you. No matter what. I love you.” 182 likes
“I would know if a part of my heart was gone.” 86 likes