Start by marking “Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Elements, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Elements, #0.5)

Bitter Sweet Love

(The Dark Elements #0.5)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  10,783 ratings  ·  1,120 reviews
Dez wasn't just Jasmine's crush. A gargoyle Warden like Jas, he helped her come to terms with her destiny—fending off demons and maintaining the balance between good and evil. He was her everything…right until the moment he disappeared without a trace. It didn't help that Jas's father had just announced that she and Dez would one day be mated. Hard not to take that persona ...more
Published December 1st 2013 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about Bitter Sweet Love, please sign up.
Emily W. Mira Ink publisher is the only one that has printed this in Paperback format as far as I know. Plus sometimes its less costly to make a novella in ebo…moreMira Ink publisher is the only one that has printed this in Paperback format as far as I know. Plus sometimes its less costly to make a novella in ebook form than it might be to print it by paperback or hardback formats.

So if you happened to live in the UK and wanted to purchase it by paperback form you should be in luck. (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Prashanti ya zayne is in the book .... but main focus is dez and jasmine..... zayne does not have much role his role starts from first book...

·  10,783 ratings  ·  1,120 reviews

Start your review of Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Elements, #0.5)
Plamena
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 amazing stars!!!

"I loved you the night you brought me pudding and stayed with me until I fell asleep. That was eleven years ago and my love for you have never faded. Not for one second."

Jennifer L. Armentrout is an amazing author. Every book she writes- I love!

So... Bitter Sweet Love is a prequel novella to her new series THE DARK ELEMENTS. It goes without saying- it's amazing! It’s a wonderful beginning of the series. The story and the new world that Jennifer introduces are stunning and
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
This is me:
Amanda
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
This was a re-read because I read it over a year ago and I forgot how much I liked it.

The story follows Jasmine who is a gargoyle (yeah you read correctly… a gargoyle) who was promised to a young gentleman Dez that her family took in after a tragic accident. This is everything that Jas wants yet after her father lets the rest of the clan know his intentions of them mating Dez disappears the next day without a word… urgh, men!

Jas is heartbroken which is completely understandable, imagine the love
Pearl Angeli
Mar 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
"Because loving you... loving you was bitter sweet."

Bitter Sweet Love is the prequel novella of the Dark Element series. I started White Hot Kiss few days ago but while I was reading the first few chapters, I found myself quite confused with various terminologies such as Seeker demons, fiends, Poser demons, etc. that I was wondering if there is a prequel that will explain all these things.

Thankfully I found this novella here on GR *facepalm* and I realized I should've read it fist before Wh
Jennifer Kyle
3.5 Stars

How does she do it?

Gargoyles, Demons, Pukwudgies and who knows what other creatures are waiting for us in this new series.

[image error]

(PS- couldn't find a good female gargolye so pix looks more like an angel)

This novella is Jasmine and Dez’s story. Both characters are Wardens (a type of gargoyle). They are old friends who find their way back to each other.

During this short novella we learn about gargoyles of the New York area. Dez returns after a three year unexplained absence and
Mary
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
"I loved you the night you brought em pudding and stayed with me until I fell asleep. That was eleven years ago and my love for you has never faded, Jas. Not for one second."

This one's definitely the start of something new and AMAZING!!! JLA, you really do know the way to a broken girl's heart. This book came in at the right time since I'm still grieving the end of the Covenant Series. But for a few minutes... I'm so ashamed to say that I actually forgot all about my #
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
I have never read a gargoyle book before but had a picture of what gargoyles were like in my head. This book dispels all of those previous beliefs. Jennifer Armentrout paints them as beautiful, both in their human skin and in their true forms. And though their ways of life may differ somewhat from ours, they love and protect one another just as we do.

Jasmine has loved Dez almost her entire life, from the day he came into their life as an angry little boy until they day he left. It was the day af
bibliophile (Romance Addict)
3.5 Stars

This novella should be read before starting White Hot Kiss, which is the first book in the series. Des has left Jas after their 'mating' was supposed to proceed. He left without informing Jas, or even saying goodbye. Three years forward, Dez returns, wanting her back, but Jas can't simply forgive him after he left her. She only has seven days to make up her mind, whether she agrees or disagrees to the 'mating' proposal.

The novella has a simple storyline, and it was ok for me. I didn't
Angie
“And I’m just saying that by the end of these seven days or maybe a week from then, or a month, you’ll say yes.” He cupped my cheek and leaned in, pressing his forehead to mine. “And I’ll be waiting. No matter how long it takes.”

So amazing.

This is one of those novellas that I can read over and over and still love just as much as the full-length novels from the series. I know I can always count on JLA to get me out of a book slump. This novel did exactly what a prequel novella is supposed to
Katerina Kondrenko
4 out of 10

It was ok and I didn't care about the characters at all. Layla's appearance was cute, many thanks for Roth, but the rest of the story is meh. Typical romance. Nothing paranormal.

The Dark Elements (Тёмные элементы):
Bitter Sweet Love (Горько-сладкая любовь) #0.5/3
White Hot Kiss (Жаркий поцелуй) #1/3
Stone Cold Touch (Холодные объятия) #2/3
Every Last Breath (Каждый вдох) #3/3
Jasmine
I'm finally starting this most-anticipated series of mine. The prequel was great, and I like the new characters in it. Partly because the female mc's name is the same as mine(which makes me feel much more related to the story, umm... I hope so), and partly because those protagonists had special power and fascinating skills. The idea of gargoyle and demons is quite fresh to me and I'm very curious about their species. Even though the Upper Level Demon((view spoiler) ...more
Patrycja
Jun 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, reviewed

After this sweet and intense tease, I have to impatiently wait for White Hot Kiss. As much as excited I am to dive into Gorgoyle world, I worry about the love triangle thing. Fingers crossed, though, it'll be epic read.
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Bitter Sweet Love Review on K-Books

"Nothing in this world is stronger than love. It should always be enough, no matter what."

Oh. My. Gargoyles!
AAAAAHHHHHH I cannot believe I have read this book! Ever since I heard about Jen writing a series about Gargoyles I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I mean after the initial Gargoyles? Really? It's such a weird yet wonderful thing to write about. Bitter Sweet Love was incredible and possibly one of the most unique stories I have ever read.

Jasmine
Snow
Jun 13, 2016 rated it liked it

3.5 "prove your love" stars

This novella served as sort of a prequel to a White Hot Kiss.
And we meet all the characters from that book when they were kids...well, early teens actually

but this story is mainly focused on Dez and Jasmine...

and the events that follow on the journey Jasmine and Dez go on...while Dez is trying to proove to Jasmine that his feelingsd haven't changed even after his absence of 3 years..
Well, there are conditions he must fulfill and Jasmine still has to say "yes" to Dez's
Lia Angelidou
You can take a look at my blog Bookland@wordpress
Check out my twitter BookLand@twitter
Also you can like my fb page Bookland@facebook

So let me be the first to say that it was just decent. Yes it is a novella but I was kind of feeling bored and not excited most of the time. The only excitement I felt was at the end when the Upper Deamon appeared.

The world Jennifer created intrigued me and I need to know more. The good thing was that we got to see the world through Jasmine's eyes. She is a female
Stella❤️ 孔凡星
3.5* This was a quick and fun novella prequel to the Dark Elements series!
Theresa
4 Stars... A world filled with Wardens and Demons is introduced in this captivating novella...We journey with Dez and Jasmine as they rediscover their lost love and the true meaning of forever... With a nice mix of action and romance, this novella held my attention from the beginning while also providing a slight backstory to the MC's of the trilogy (Layla, Zayne, and Roth) giving me small morsels of enticement... I look forward to delving more into their story and witnessing the details of this ...more
Anne

So this novella introduces us to Armentrout's new Dark Elements series.
Going strictly off of the novella, I doubt I would be interested in reading the first book.
To me, this was horribly boring.
No real action, no real plot, no characters that I really loved.
With the exception of a smirking demon who showed up for a few minutes toward the end of the book...
Jasmine and Dez were just kind of blah, and I had to make myself to keep reading about their not-very-interesting love story.

However,
Haidoulina
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved it.... A wonderful introduction into the world of Warden and Demons.... I loved the main characters.... Can't wait to read White Hot Kiss ...more
AJ
Oh happy day! A new Armentrout paranormal world to get absorbed in!!

I’m a huge lover of all things paranormal, and JLA has already proven herself in the genre, so I have been really excited to make a start on this series! Plus, it features gargoyles! Freaking gargoyles! How cool is that! Definitely a first for me.

The gargoyles that feature in this series are not the stone statues that are perched on top of old buildings and are as ugly as hell, but they are the mythological creatures that the s
Bella
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing

A story about gargoyle, WHAT?

OK this was one different read that’s for sure!! I just love the flow and writing of Armentrout she had me hooked from the start! Well let me say it was HOT, powerful and a true love story!

Jasmine was one character I never expected when I started to read this one she knew what she wanted and she was going to get it. Even after her father announced that her and her long time crush and BFF where going to be mated and he, Dez, took off. She was determined to move on a
Veronika
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
I love JLA's writing style because it's fun but this prequel novella didn't capture my attention enough and didn't make me want to read the first book. I found the plot and characters boring and plain even if I find the gargoyles interesting and unique since I haven't read about them in many paranormal books before.

The first book isn't about Jes and Dez though, so maybe I'll give it a try one day. I'm kind of curious about Layla's story.
Jenn
I don't know how I didn't know about this until now. I absolutely adored this series and I loved getting a glimpse back into their world.

Bitter Sweet Love takes place before the rest of the Dark Elements series, so it doesn't follow the set of main characters that we were used to seeing. This instead focuses on two side characters, Jasmine and Dez. Both Wardens, both bound by their sacred duty to protect humanity from the demons that plague them. And both in love. But when Dez suddenly up and l
Vilma Iris
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love it! I love it! I love it!
Another exciting series from Jennifer L. Armentrout as she
captivates us once again with her masterful storytelling, incomparable
wit and instantly alluring characters. Pure gold.

************************
Thank the gods, as Alex Andros may have said!!! After the bittersweet conclusion of the Covenant series, I wasn’t sure if I could hold out until August when Opposition, the final book in the Lux series would release. Thankfully, Jennifer L. Armentrout has delivered t
Kris (frantic4romantic)
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jla-reads
What a sweet novella sharing Dez and Jasmine’s story. I loved getting to know him a bit more and visiting the Dark Elements world again.
Krista
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
Let's talk gargoyles for a sec, shall we? Whether you're talking about the classics from Notre Dame or the Gatekeeper and the Keymaster, I think we can all agree that sexy is absolutely not one of the adjectives that you would pick to describe them. And, when I heard that Jennifer Armentrout was writing a new paranormal romance series about them, I must admit, I was skeptical.

Leave it to Jennifer Armentrout to obliterate my preconceived notions.

Bitter Sweet Love introduces us to the world she h
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

This was absolutely fantastic! Gargoyles! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!! The gargoyle aspect is definitely unique and a refreshing change from the usual paranormal world of angels, vampires, aliens and werewolves. It makes for a very promising and compelling story arc. I'm definitely looking forward to whatever else Jennifer L. Armentrout has to present with her gargoyles in this series.

First and foremost, what captivated me the most in this story - and as much as I enjoyed Dez and Jas - I still can'
Stephanie • Ideally Inspired
“Nothing in this world is stronger than love. It should always be enough, no matter what.”

I wanted to read this novella prior to starting White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1). I am very glad I did. This novella is definitely a prequel to the series, and it lays a lot of groundwork and backstory into the world in which the remaining books will take place.

Though there are several characters and creatures that are introduced in this book, the storyline primarily focuses on Jasmine and Dez. B
Anna 'Bookbuyer'

• Unchained - Nephilim Rising
  • Dream of You (Wait for You, #4.5)
  • Scorched (Frigid, #2)
  • Love & Lies on Campus (Love & Lies on Campus, #1)
  • Frigid (Frigid, #1)
  • Tempting the Bodyguard (Gamble Brothers, #3)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • Trust in Me (Wait for You, #1.5)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Be with Me (Wait for You, #2)
  • Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers, #2)
  • Tempting the Best Man (Gamble Brothers, #1)
  • The Proposal (Wait for You, #2.5)
  • Fifty First Times
  • Royally Hitched: The Fae Princess
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • Love & Lies on Campus, Part 3
  • Fire in You (Wait for You, #6)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

The Dark Elements (3 books)
  • White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1)
  • Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2)
  • Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3)