Start by marking “Inevitable” as Want to Read:
Inevitable

Inevitable

(Goddess of Fate #1)

Visions of death plague Jayne, who thinks watching her boyfriend and sister die is the worst that could happen to her. But when she witnesses a murder, Jayne finds herself caught up in a dangerous world of intrigue and suspense.

As it turns out, she is not the only one doing the stalking. The killer is on to her, and all of her visions of the dying don't reveal how her life
Published March 8th 2013 by Tamark Books (first published January 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Inevitable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inevitable

Bonnie
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this eBook for FREE and was pleasantly surprised. Once I started I couldn't stop reading it. I finished it in about 2 days because I was sneaking in a few pages here & there when I should've been doing other things. Oops! It was a nice, easy read. The part where she finds out the unusual reasons for her gift/curse was the only part that made it feel a little bit paranormal. As if her gift/curse was just a normal thing.
Abbie
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jayne is plagued by visions showing horrible deaths, and when she sees the death of her love interest, she thinks it's as bad as it can get.
She's wrong. When a serial killer is on the loose and Jayne sees the death of one of his victims, She must put herself in danger to end the reign of his terror.

Jayne was a really good character. She was strong, compassionate and very brave. Not only did she deal with the visions on her own, she went after a murderer. The only problem i had with her, was the
Kbrebes
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inevitable is a well-written book and edited so skillfully it's practically error free. The story line captured my interest from the beginning and made the book hard to put down. I loved the characters and found their voices and dialogue a perfect fit for a young adult audience. Jayne's gift was intriguing, not to mention a bit mind-blowing to consider what that might be really like--if it were possible for a person to have a gift/curse like that. I found myself wrapped up in her, caring about h ...more
Kristi
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the book! Written for young adults, but anyone would enjoy it!! Great suspense, romance and drama. Five stars!!!
M.L. Chesley
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Where do I begin? I really, really enjoyed this book. Jayne was a very well rounded character. She had cool parents, but not so cool she never got punished. She skipped a lot of work due to her visions, and lost her job. There were consequences for her actions, which I found very refreshing in a YA novel.

Now, with that out of the way, if I were Jayne and had her visions, which were introduced by the smell of lemons, I'd quickly remove anything linked to lemons from my life. Even the color yellow
Taffy
Oct 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
First line:

"The smell always hit me first."

I loved the idea of smelling death as lemony in this book. Jayne has the gift, or curse, of 'smelling' death on someone and if she looks into their eyes, she will have a vision of their death. With this gift/curse, one would think they could stop the death but Jayne doesn't have that power, so really, she's powerless.

She hasn't been able to look her sister in the eye since a lemony smell showed up on her not too long ago. How can Jayne know her sisters
Jennifer Shirk
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had this book on my Kindle and planned to read it while I was on my mini vacation last week. But I took a peek at the first chapter and well...one thing lead to another and I ended up finishing it before I left for Florida. LOL!

The main character Jayne has an unusual "gift". She sees visions of people's deaths--if they're going to die early and in a tragic circumstance. Heavy stuff for a teenager! But to make matters worse, she gets herself involved in a murder investigation through this gift
James C. Duckett
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book by Heiner, though I don't read too many paranormal romances. I *REALLY* loved the paranormal part. Though I'm not big on romances, I actually found the relationship between Jayne and her new boyfriend (and even her old boyfriend) intriguing. I guess it helps that Heiner is a good writer who is easy and enjoyable to read.

But I really gobbled up the paranormal part of this story, and how that fleshed out by the end of the story. This had better NOT be a standalone book b
Hillary Sperry
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book! The story line pulls you to it's end. I can't say close because I'm still thinking about Jayne and her amazing abilities and opportunities!

The first chapter introduces Jayne and her security network and almost immediately you get drawn into her life as mystery builds around her and she struggles to understand what her visions mean for her.

I'm already reading it for the second time :) I love a book that keeps me thinking long after I've turned the last page!
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

In this highly intriguing tale of murder and suspense, Heiner's characters are comfortably drawn with a few surprises, both good and bad!

Read full review in the 2013 July/August double issue of InD’tale Magazine.

Cathlin
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really liked the concept and the action. This one definitely kept me reading and wondering just who the serial killer could be. There were some things that I wish had been flushed out a little more and could have added depth to the story. I felt like at times the author only skimmed the surface of her minor characters when I wanted her to dive deep (especially with Aaron and Dana).
Nisa
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book should be a New York Times best seller! YA mystery with a little mythology mixed in with great pacing and wonderful, layered characters. I sure hope there will be more from these characters. I adored this book!
Jen Lee
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
The writing was very witty. The plot was fantastic!! The characters are relateable and the story keeps the reader engaged. Great young adult novel filled with suspense that will keep the reader guessing until the very end.
Kathy Fowler
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I could not put down this book! I could not predict this book! I loved the unique story. I highly recommend this book. I also love that it is current & clean.
Simone
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Criminy, this was a really good book
Cari Tijerina
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!
Bethany
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In INEVITABLE, Jayne witnesses visions of people dying horribly. It's accompanied by a lemony smell and after she looks them in the eyes. Because of this, Jayne is not a people person, but can you blame her?

When Aaron comes into the picture, Jayne gets the lemony smell instantly and avoids eye contact for as long as possible. But, Aaron is persistent and wants to take Jayne out so it's only a matter of time before she meets his gaze. Especially since he goes to her school.

Jayne needs to learn mo
Tiffany Jones
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance, ya
Jayne sees visions of how people will die and she thinks that watching her boyfriend die is the worst thing that can happen to her. But when she witnesses a murder, she gets caught up in a dangerous world of intrigue and suspense. It turns out that she’s not the only one doing the stalking. The killer is on her trail and none of her visions can tell her how she’s going to die.

I really enjoyed this book and found it to be an interesting, easy read. I thought Jayne was a perfectly imperfect charac
Ashley McCartney
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I started this book I was afraid I wasn’t going to enjoy it. The jumping from life to visions of deaths was abrupt at times and threw me off at first.

After reading through and finding out more background from the character and her story it was easier to connect the series of events throughout the book.

The author brought a lot of feeling to the characters and I was happy with the flow. Job well done.

Elissa
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Becoming

High school, coming of age, dealing with boys--and paranormal psychic activity. She doesn't see dead people, she sees DEATH! Narrator Lucy Emerson's excellent voicing of the various characters (including a lovely English accent) added intensity to the action and verity to the teens in this well-written tale. I was debating calling it a thriller or a mystery (both elements pertain) but it begins to take on the aura of saga, too. Lovely that most books these days don't quite fit a single
Philleys Peters
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jayne is not your ordinary high school teenager. She can see someone's death when looking into their eyes which is why she avoids looking anyone in the eye, including her own family and even her best friend. But there is a serial killer loose in her town and Jayne has seen his face in the eyes of one of his victims. Lots of suspense and drama as well as some romance with a new guy in school. Great storytelling.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review
Rachel Benham
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you could see a person's death, would you try to change the outcome? Jayne has tried for years. Now she just learns not to look in peoples eyes. Then Aaron came into her life and things changed. This was a great book. I loved the mystery surrounding the characters and the fact that you did not know what to expect from one minute to another. I can not wait to read the next one.

Tanya
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She has visions of how people will die but if she tries to change the future things only get worse. Her family and boyfriend are in danger. How can she stop them dying? Is there a way round it all? See how she will get on

Reina Brouwers
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

This story had a lot of adventure and mystery. I could not put the book down. A bit of a thriller. This story about a teenager that has a future ability was creative and unique.
Karen
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It is different from my typical read. It kept my interest in wanting to know what was going to happen. I did recognize some of the clues given to be able to guess at the ending. And it is definitely a teenage book but it was enjoyable.
Erin Gossman
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I loved learning about a new Goddess. I loved the story plot. Jayne‘a character is very relatable. I’m hooked to read book 2

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review
Greg Dixon
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inevitable goddess of fate

A good read for people who are in to the series recommend highly can't wait for the next one of the series a really enjoyable read but quick shaping up to be a enjoyable series must read the next one of the series to find out what happened next
S.A. Krishnan
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Suspense, mystery and drama are perfectly interwoven in this story as the story brings out the characters alive.
Though it is meant for topping young adults, can be enjoyed by all.
Patricia Mccammon
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
A good book for YA especially high school age
Richard Goodrum
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story. Jayne is a strong character with a sound moral compass. Aaron is a confused young man in her sights. Dana is a delight. I loved this story and hope that you do as well.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I so want another book for Jayne! 4 6 Sep 28, 2015 11:26AM

• Insight (Shadows, #1)
  • Hope Road
  • Salvation (Guardian Angel, #3)
  • First Bite (Darkwood Manor, #1)
  • Certainty
  • Drinking Life (Keeper of the Water, #1)
  • Never Too Far
  • Shrapnel
  • Winter's Storm: Retribution (Winter's Saga, #2)
  • Reflection (Whitney Steel, #1)
  • Super Dark  (Super Dark, #1)
  • The Dream Jumper's Promise (Dream Jumper, #1)
  • Blue Hearts of Mars
  • A Good-Lookin' Man
  • A Wicked Kind of Dark (The Minaea Chronicles #1)
  • Thoughts to Die for
  • Cocktail Hour
  • Falling (Hemlock Bay, #1)

Goddess of Fate (2 books)
  • Entranced (Goddess of Fate Book 2)