Start by marking “Strings (Hard Rock Harlots, #1)” as Want to Read:
Strings (Hard Rock Harlots, #1)

Strings

(Hard Rock Harlots #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  8,822 ratings  ·  1,280 reviews
WARNING: STRINGS is not suitable for slut shamers, uptight stone throwers, Holier-Than-Thou prudes, humorless virgins, persons with chronic neck or back pain, pearl-clutching biddies, those who disparage crude humor or vulgarity in their many forms, closed-minded people with sticks up their asses, or anyone under the age of 18. The vile, base language and shocking, unholy ...more
Published April 20th 2013 by Howling Mad Press

To ask other readers questions about Strings, please sign up.
Kendall Grey BANG is written, but it hasn't been edited yet, Mega. I'm trying to decide whether to put it up for sale on retail sites or to put it up as a free…moreBANG is written, but it hasn't been edited yet, Mega. I'm trying to decide whether to put it up for sale on retail sites or to put it up as a free read on Wattpad like I did with Home. Jillian's story doesn't have an HEA, so it's not romance, but there's lots of sex. That's my dilemma. I think readers expect erotic romance, and this one isn't. I don't want to let anyone down, but this is her story as it came to me.

I'll keep thinking on it. :-) Either way, BANG should be out in 2017.(less)

·  8,822 ratings  ·  1,280 reviews

Jennifer Kyle
I'm a Smut lover and Proud of it!

*Rating dropped due to Author's recent statements about GR readers!*

We are after all....loyal motherfuckers!!

__________________________
Original Review April 25, 2013
description

”How are you guys feeling tonight, Columbia?”
Shouts and appreciative whistles.
“You ready to get fucked by three badass bitches?” I thrust my hips to accentuate the fuck.
The volume rises.
I cup a hand over the back of my ear. “Sorry, what was that? You don’t like getting
★★Sara Lizzy★★
Apr 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-again
UPDATE 5/26/13
I've heard that people have been getting flagged for their comments against the author, so in light of this, I have decided to pull all my prior negative comments about her off my review. I still stand by my comments I made, but have had verbal attacks from people and don't need my review getting flagged in the future. Our reviews are a place to make our opinions known and we shouldn't have to censor our thoughts and feelings about this subject because others don't like what we hav
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾

Read the warning! Consider the warning! For fuck’s sake, HEED THE FUCKING WARNING!

My fellow sm
Mo
May 02, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hate giving negative reviews. This had so much potential. Thought the first bit was entertaining, I love a mouthy bitch with attitude.... but it just wore me out as the storyline played out.... I am not a prude, I can cuss like a sailor with the best of them. But the use of words like twat, his sausage, his piece of pork, cannot even remember the description of her nether regions, just was tired of it. Maybe on another day in another place I might have found it highly entertaining but it fell ...more
Christy
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
 photo StringsMature_zps45c40c41.jpg

The author has a really nice warning at the beginning of her book- FOR THE LOVE OF GOD- TAKE THIS WARNING SERIOUSLY BEFORE READING!!!

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Enough of this, I need some dick and another orgasm to go.

♥♥♥Ladies, meet Shades:♥♥♥
 photo 6569727d-f740-4d07-8ada-86eafa3ba2d4_zps1b34e8c5.jpg

WARNING: STRINGS is not suitable for slut shamers, uptight stone throwers, Holier-Than-Thou prudes, humorless virgins, persons with chronic neck or back pain, pearl-clutching bitties, those who disparage crude humor or vulgarity in their many forms, closed-minded people with sticks up their asses, or anyone under the age of 18. The vile, base language and shocking, unholy sexual acts contained herein are not
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for fun!!

Holy mother fcuking shitttt!!

If you are a sensitive reader please DO NOT READ FURTHER!!!

I am rating it 5 simply because its fcuked up funny and raw!!

This is some BAD fCUKING ASS ROCKERS

The shit they did in here SHOULD have disgusted me but I was ROLLING in laughter!!! Normally butt fcuking, butt fingering and squirting should make me want to GAG but the way it was written was so freaken funny I COULD NOT hate it!!

"My name is Letty Dillinger, and I was born to rock your face off."

On the road to '
Lise *friends don't flag*
description
"Music is about The Rock, the roll, and the crazy shit that comes with the territory"

I have not had so much fun reading a book in a very long time and I have never read a book like this one. I think I highlighted half of the book, the one-liners just floored me and they did not stop. I believe Ms. Grey could pull off a successful stand up show as well as keep her day job of awesome author. Where does she come up with this stuff? The chapter titles even…loved it all!

Okay… there is much more to
Marina
Apr 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
Huh..

I am struggling putting my thoughts into words. You know the feeling when you go to a theatre performance of a postmodern alternative theme where you spend the next couple of hours trying to figure out:
1)what is going on
2)why did you pay the ticket
3)why are you not leaving.

That is pretty much what I'm feeling right now.

God knows I don't have a problem with crude language when it serves a purpose. I get that when you're inside someone's head, there is absolutely no filter whatsoever.

But at s
Bitchie
EDITED MAY 15: http://authorsforlife.org/selling-out...

I now feel cheap and used and looked down upon because I dared to love a decently written smutty book and not the "art" this author wanted to sell. I'm leaving the review, because the writing in the book didn't change, but my opinion of this author did, and I will not, in good conscience, send more money her way without warning readers that the author looks down on us erotica readers.

Second ETA: And the author(it's been pointed out that it w
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Apr 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
DNF

So this book comes with it's own warning....

"WARNING: STRINGS is not suitable for slut shamers, uptight stone throwers, Holier-Than-Thou prudes, humorless virgins, persons with chronic neck or back pain, pearl-clutching bitties, those who disparage crude humor or vulgarity in their many forms, closed-minded people with sticks up their asses......" and so it goes on "......The author acknowledges that the characters in this book are shallow and two-dimensional; the plot is both ridiculous a
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Apr 25, 2013 marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: NO ONE!

Ladies, pls read Candace's review:

I seriously can't believe an author can say that. I was gonna read this book but hell to the no! I am not gonna read something from someone who insults their readers!
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who love a raunchy book
OMG I freaking loved this book! The warning on the label was very appropriate! I have never read a more raunchy but hilarious book! Many times I was like I can't believe she called it that, I cant believe they did that, etc etc....If you are a prude and don't have a sense of humor then stay very far away because this is not the book for you.
This book is:
 photo tumblr_inline_mkk4tqRxrF1qz4rgp_zps4e7cd1fb.gif

Letty
 photo tumblr_mbfmbxF7lY1rd3c7so1_500_zps84dd5635.jpg

Killer Dixon
 photo tumblr_m3ay9u1DoV1qk3d60o1_500_zpsfe83c70e.gif

Some of my thoughts while reading this book:
why photo WhyWouldYouDoThat_zps6e88e51f.gif

photo tumblr_mjz7hn2rmr1qzvyhvo1_500_zpsb3731217.gif
laugh photo tumblr_inline_mh61ojuMpD1qdn14l_zps2017f650.gif

photo tumblr_inline_mgdth6ssgh1raaalo_zps293317f1.gif
They said WHAT????
OMG photo tumblr_inline_mh6345ggdS1qdn14l_zpsdd800fe0.gif

Some of my favorite quotes:
"He pulls out and slaps the he
Mo
May 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
THIS IS NOT MY ORIGINAL REVIEW. MY ORIGINAL REVIEW WAS POSTED ON THE KINDLE VERSION ON MAY 2nd... THE REVIEW IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS THIS. I DID NOT CHANGE MY MIND, EVEN AFTER READING THE RANT THAT THIS AUTHOR MADE ABOUT HER BOOK. I SEEM TO HAVE COMMENTS ON BOTH VERSIONS i.e. the e-book and the kindle SO DECIDED TO POST THE REVIEW HERE ALSO.... Confused?

♥  Barb ♥
*3.5 almost 4 stars*
HOLY FREAKING SH*T

"All I want for my birthday is to get f*cked unconscious with no strings attached."

WARNING photo: Warning warning.gif
WARNing photo: warning from AMV Hell 0 Warning_zps0fff622a.png

OK, for starters, PLEASE read the WARNING LABEL before you read this. Seriously, this book was disgusting, gross, nasty, hilarious, funny, hysterical, crude, rude, you get my drift????

The story starts out with down on her luck Letty celebrating her birthday at a bar, by herself and ends up meeting the one and only.... hot, rich, bassist Shades. Eventually they go back to
Cynthia
Apr 27, 2013 marked it as never-ever-ever
I've seen Kendall Grey's blogpost that basically went like this:
Strings is a piece of trash. Why won't anyone read my 'art'. Poor me, I had to sell out... yadayadayada
I thought she sounded whiny, ignorant and possibly stupid, but there are always people who don't have the capacity form logical opinions. So whatever, I didn't pay much attention.

And then I saw....

HELL TO THE FUCKING NO!

Kendall Grey, I have different theory as to why your "trash" outsold your "art". Maybe it's not because reade
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
I didn't enjoy this book as much as I wanted to. It's not that I haven't read other rockstar books or that I dislike dirty mouthed people. Nah, I love dirty talking people. But this book didn't wow me and I can't lie about it. I was bored and I didn't like the names she was calling his cock. Yes, it could be funny at times, but still I didn't manage to like it. I guess I should have lowered my expectations and the shame is clearly on me. You may enjoy it, but I guess it just wasn't for me.

I'll
Kate
Aug 02, 2016 marked it as gonna-pass

Ian
May 18, 2013 added it
The author made a mistake. She denigrated the very people who spent their money and bought her book. Why? Because they liked it and haven't thought much of her other books which she feels are better.

She's attracted something of a back-lash against her, and I think she brought it on herself. I imagine if she knew the furore her comments would cause she wouldn't have made them.

I've occasionally said things that I regret in hindsight, I'm pretty sure we all have, and I think it's probably time to
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Shelves: didi-reviews
DiDi‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 Stars

I’m not going to lie, the only reason I bought this book is because of the warning the author wrote in the description. I couldn’t resist it. I am glad I did.

STRINGS is not for everyone. It is raunchy, nasty, crass, vulgar, yet manages to have a sweet romance in it. I ‘EFFIN LOVED EVERY WORD!!!

I laughed so hard at the words Letty used to describe sex, sexual acts and genitalia. The sex is some of the raunchiest I have ever read and ther
Pam
“Todd Armstrong, you pull my strings and make me sing. You tie me in knots with your balls and cock. You keep on diddling, and I’ll soon be piddling. Spraying this stage with my love rage. Make me come, you gorgeous fuck bum.”

Letty Dillinger just turned twenty-five and livin the life of a struggling musician, hoping that one day her band the Cherry Buzz Float, will make it big and she can finally live the life of The Rock.
“All I want for my birthday is to get fucked unconscious w
Kellie Maddox-Ward
* Readers are strongly advised to wear latex gloves whilst reading to minimize contamination risks

photo glove_zps2d6ba6b0.gif

My name is Letty Dillinger, and I was born to rock your face off. If you come to one of my shows, you’ll leave either wanting to be me or wanting to do me.”
 photo letty_zps00431a89.jpg

photo mshadows_zps28c28d84.jpg
OF COURSE Shades was always going to be the love of my life Matt. I mean tattoo’s? Hard core rocker? Sunglasses? Hello nearly every rockstar I read about is him in my mind!

”All I want for my birthday is to get fucked unconscious with no
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Shelves: love
5 Dirty-Dirty Stars!

Before--Hmm, this sounds good. Could have potential....

After--That was flipping awesome....

I really didn't know what to expect when I started this book--but I definitely got more then I bargained for. This book was rude. This book was crude. This book was disrespectful. This book was dirty. This book was raunchy. And I LOVED every bit of it.

The story starts out with Letty in a bar, on her birthday. She's in a band--Cherry Buzz Float--trying to make it big. She meets "Shades"
Karla

4 Stars! Controversy aside...Kendall Grey is a talented author!

Yes, I know the author made some comments that were out of line, but we all get a case of the stupids once in a while, so in my book she's forgiven. We've forgiven people for much worse than a few insulting comments. I'm over it.

Now that that is out of the way...I LAUGHED. MY. ASS. OFF...sometimes cringing, but still laughing!!! This pushed my limits...big time, but I just couldn't look away. Such colorful language...and that's putt
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-2013-read
3.5 stars crazy ass stars

Ok this book comes with a MASSIVE WARNING:

But I thought ah man how bad can this be… Oh dear… I was soooooo out of my comfort zone…

There were times when I was so disgusted and out of my comfort zone, but still I couldn’t stop reading: (Haha) I know it sounds confusing.

Ass play, Ass fcuk, dildos, squirting, M/F/M and some other weird shit!

But I have to be honest it was hard not to be turned on:

Letty is 25 year old, singer that wants to make it big, but financially s
Mariℓina
May 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
I wanna do bad things TO you!!
I wasn't going to read this.. it kept appearing though everywhere..
I thought the warning was for fun,
but anyway i am a pearl clutching bitch soooo i was bound to hate it..
BAD BOOK!!
The writing was dreadfull, way over the top and the obsolete usage of english language was the only thing that made me laugh..
If the author thinks this is revolutionary NEWS FLASH: IS NOT..
Just because it's crude doesn't automatically means it's edgy.
As for the heroine she plainly sucks b
Has
May 15, 2013 marked it as books-to-avoid
When an author trashes her readers or genre because she feels she's selling out - it is not one I want to support. I especially feel that trashing one genre for another is dumb because while she feels her Urban Fantasy is art there are others who would view this genre being a sell out or poor. And the fact she also considers Goodreads reviewers as 'motherfuckers who can't read' is the icing on the cake. Feel free to read and support this self entitled author who is not just thankful she has succ ...more
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Jointly Reviewed on: http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/04/...

Gitte: So Jenny, I thought nothing much could make me blush anymore but Strings did just that. Between laughing till I had tears at the banter and one-liners to blushing from the extremely filthy scenes and vulgarity, this sure made for an addictive and refreshing Rock Star read.

Refreshing, because our heroine had the mouth of a sailor and she was so unlike our usual female leads, she was strong and fierce. She was a fighter and a true
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
May 18, 2013 marked it as never
Recommends it for: NO ONE!
I will never read "Strings".
Actually, I will never, ever, EVER read any Kendall Grey's book. EVER.

So, you could consider this as a lesson in "What's been said cannot be unsaid". Or - what happens online, stays online. Forever.

Just in case you've missed the whole thing, and have no idea what this is about, here's what happened...

Kendall Grey wrote "Selling Out 101" on Authors For Life (don't bother clicking, it's been deleted), and what she wrote is (believe it or not) THIS:

I self-published an u
Lindsay
Congratulations Ms. Grey. You have earned your very own shelf on GR.

Because of the recent comments by the author, I have decided that this book is not worth reading. And have since created not one, but 2 new shelves.

I'm pretty open about what books I read. I don't care if it's a clean book or a naughty (ie. hot) erotic book. As long as there's a story there, one I want to read, then I'll read it.

But there are some things I can't stand. The actions by this author is one of those things. Lately, w
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Looking for a fiction rockstar romance. [s] 4 22 Sep 16, 2018 09:33PM
Any similar books? 6 89 Feb 18, 2014 03:17PM
Blessed Cupcake B...: smut that will have you in stitches 15 52 Feb 18, 2014 05:20AM
  • Heart Song (Biker Rockstar, #2)
  • Real Ugly (Hard Rock Roots, #1)
  • Access Restricted (Access, #2)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Documentary (Documentary, #1)
  • Children of the Flower Power
  • Learning To Love
  • Rock and Roll Never Forgets (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #1)
  • A Very Naughty Xmas
  • Escaping Me (Shaft on Tour, #1)
  • Afflicted (Battlescars, #2)
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Yes to Everything
  • Unstoppable (Fierce, #2)
  • Tie Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #5)
  • Bullet (Bullet, #1)
  • My Name is Dee
  • My Misery Muse (My Misery Muse, #1)
A whale warrior, indie freedom fighter, and vodka martini aficionado, Kendall Grey is calm like an F-bomb*. She writes about fierce women and the men who love them. Her aliases include Kendall Day (FALLING FOR MR. SLATER) and Seven Slade (COMING OUT).

Kendall lives off a dirt road near Atlanta, Georgia, with three mischievous Demonlings, a dashing geek in cyber armor, a long-haired miniature Dachsh

Hard Rock Harlots (5 books)
  • Beats (Hard Rock Harlots, #2)
  • Nocturnes (Hard Rock Harlots, #3)
  • Rock (Hard Rock Harlots, #4)
  • Bang (Hard Rock Harlots, #5)
“In this nasty-ass strip club bathroom full of pissing dudes and possible rogue ejaculators, Shades is no longer some guy I love fucking. He’s some guy I fucking love.” 41 likes
“This might be the last time you get to drive the beef bus to tuna town,” I say. “You’d better make it good, so I don’t have any excuses to forget your hot ass.” 25 likes