Start by marking “Jo's Journey (Lords of Kassis, #3)” as Want to Read:
Jo's Journey (Lords of Kassis, #3)

(Lords of Kassis #3)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  1,837 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Jo Strauss was committed to two things in her life – her family and her life as an acrobat/high-wire performer. She takes both very serious. Her life was orderly, in control, and she was finally settling down in one place so she could spend more time with her parents instead of moving all over the world every few weeks. To celebrate her and younger sister, Star’s, one year ...more
ebook
Published September 12th 2013 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Jo's Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jo's Journey

Jonel Boyko
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kobo
I love the way that the beginning of this novel is written. The main characters are involved in their current predicaments and they flash back to previous events to give context and an in-depth backstory. It’s a fantastic feeling. But Smith doesn’t stop there. Suspense, romance, and comic moments all vie for centre stage as we travel the galaxy with this unlikely crew of characters. Vibrant descriptions are woven throughout the intensely captivating plot to create an epic whole that I couldn’t p ...more
Laz the Sailor
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well, the stories just keep getting better. This was more fun than a bunch of clowns in the middle of a war zone. Oh wait...

The only downside - the story got in the way of the sex. Yes there is great longing, and the guys are huge and muscular, and the gals are strong and sexy - but can we please have some serious climb-the-walls scream-to-wake-the-neighbors sex!?!
Elizabeth
Wow! Circus magic plus hot alien men, dogs, cats and elephants.

Subjectively, it feels as if I've waited FOREVER for the third story of the prophesied female warriors. Objectively, it's only been a bit over 2 years since River's Run and 9 months since Star's Storm. (FOREVER). But, Jo's story is finally here and I celebrated its arrival by racing through it non-stop. Now I have the pleasure of going back and re-reading slowly to catch more details, interact with new and old characters and hope tha
Raine
I think this book was the best of this series that I've read so far. Not as steamy as the first one, but was very entertaining and funny. I like that the author put all the relationships at the end of the book. I also can't wait for the next book with Ricki and Risteard.

*****Re-read for the 3rd time*****
Last read on 12/31/2014

I'm changing my rating from 4 stars to 5 stars. Just because I really liked the whole circus getting on the ship and moving to another planet thing. This was was the most
Kate's Corner
3 Stars for this book. I love this author. It's always a pleasure to read her books.

It's Jo's turn now. River and Star's books were great and I loved River's the most. Jo is unhappy because she misses her parents in the end Manota and her travel back to get her parents to go back with them. The whole circus ends up going... which leads to more characters being added to the series which obviously is ingenious idea.

But all that said the end was good with catching the bad guy but I still wasn't fe
Jess
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved this series! Definitely one of my favorites from this author so far. I'm so bummed that I have to wait for the next one to be released, I was really enjoying just being able to binge read them.
Crazy Obsession Book Club
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jo's Journey is book 3 in the Lord of Kassis series by S.E. Smith. This story also has adult content. This is also the last story of the three sisters. Jo's well-ordered life changes when she and her sisters are kidnapped. Now her life is filled with Aliens, warships, and dangerous battles.

Manota Ja Kel Coradon is the second son of the ruling House of Kassis. He is known as the dark brother, who likes to be in control of all aspects of his life. However, once he meets Jo his well-ordered life i
JodyL
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book best out of this series. There are many cute and funny parts as well as a couple of fights for survival.
Jo wants to go back to Earth in order to let her parents know that she, her sister and River are all fine. Manota takes her back to see her parents but things don't go as planned. As you know if you read the previous book, the whole circus decided to go to Kassis and live there.
They have to deal with circus animals, space pirates, castaways, and love sick Kassisians all on th
K. Hankerson
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lions, Tigers and Alien Mimes. Oh, My!

Lions, tigers and alien mimes! Oh, my! Add in space pirates, a universal conspiracy to overthrow the Alliance, clowns, aerial high jinx, elephants, alien warriors falling 'head over heels' in love and you'll just be scratching the surface of all the fun awaiting you as you read this series. I haven't read a more entertaining space opera in a long time. A colorful and eccentric cast of characters will have you laughing your a$$ off as you turn the pages.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Jo's Journey was not only about her and her journey towards acceptance of her new life. It was more of all that encompassed her life and the ones she loved. Samantha Cook does a great job carrying on the world of Kassis. I loved as Jo's Journey unfold. Watching all the new characters and blooming new romances.
Ellena deLeon
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man, this author creates masterpieces in the literary sense!

This book will pull you into the pages where secrets and fairytales live! Adventures aplenty are on the menu and the characters take you right to the edge of your seat! You got to get this particular book and series for your own personal library!

One of Your Greatest Fans,

Lena deLeon
lenadeleon2004.ld@gmail.com
Vivien Tsang
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tai Tek is finally dead, Yeah!! About time but I wonder if his partners have also been killed since he wasn't working alone or do they escape capture to wreck havoc once again.
I hope there is a short story of the Ceremony that the girls are supposed to attend, the aftermath of the battle and more scenes of Ricki & Risteard before the next book.
Lynn Smith
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jo's Journey

Manota and Jo's story. They headed back to earth to see Jo's parents. Somehow ended up returning with so much more. Wonderful series, plenty of action. Alpha men and strong women.
Becky Olesnevich
Jo's Journey

absolutely great book, love the action combined with the great love stories, and the humor , the interaction between the emperor and Mattie are superb. Can't wait to read their story
Danielle Mundt
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love the whole series!! Great characters and good writing
Spuffed
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: sci fi romance lovers with a good plot
Another enjoyable addition to the series. A little annoyed by CHick's reluctance to submit to her soulmate but other than that, no complaints.

Overall: SO all three "sisters" from Earth are finally recognized as the prophecy meant to save the planet or universe or whatever. Jo is distraught about her parents back on Earth not knowing what happened to their daughters so her Dude (Manota- middle brother ruler of Kassis) decides to take her back to Earth to bring her parents back to Kassis with them
Tam B.
Sep 14, 2013 rated it liked it
WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I may have to come back and edit this as I think I need a re-read of this book. But here we go.

I really like SE Smith. I love her writing and the fact that she writes some many books. Any book she writes is guaranteed to entertain me - they all have so far. This one fell a little short for me.

I think the reason is that Star's Storm (book 2) was so great - Star recovers from a serious injury, gets her man, he gets taken and then she is key to the small group getting him
DaCon
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fun-read
3rd time reading
annette colon
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The circus is in town and the galaxy will never be the same again

Jo never thought that her life would end up like this. Living in a galaxy so far away from her home and family. She's homesick and being away from her family makes her die a little inside.
Manota has loved Jo from the moment he saw her. Her happiness is his main concern. He decides to go to earth and bring her parents back with him. Jo is ecstatic but Manota is nervous wreck, wondering if her parents will like him or not. He's afra
L M
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read this book you will not be disappointed. You will be rushing to get the others in this series.
Three women who can kick butt and laugh about it have just made my day. Loved their upbringing.
So much happens I cannot tell you in a review as it goes in so many directions.
Whilst this book focuses on Jo and Manota we have the others all weaving through it.
We have these books all working and weaving together at the same time but in different directions. This whole series is brilliantly done.
If you
Wendy Dinwiddie
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this book. Loved all the circus characters that were introduced and made this a fun read. My only disappointment with this book was there wasn't much of River or Star. Jo and Star are sisters and they claim River is a surrogate sister. The circus is a family and River says Jo and Star's parents were always like second parents and even more so when her own parents died tragically and she lived with them. When Jo goes to get her parent's they ask about Star but not River and when ever ...more
Jessica Parsons
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Once i started i didn't want to put this down, we have a few fight scenes, steamy sex scense plus scenes to make you laugh and lots of new interesting characters to meet.
How the scenes were written made you believe you were right there with the characters and the reactions from people who have never seen a circus preform was real and great.
Then the humans show just because they are a circus doesn't mean they don't know how to handle themselves.
Then there is also the relationship devleoping betwe
Elaine Kirby
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bad Alien Dead!

This story was as action packed as going to see the circus. Jo & Manota are perfect for each other; even though it took Jo awhile to admit her feelings for Manota. Jo & Manota go to Earth to get her parents but get a whole bunch of other people too. This book contains lots of alien males finding their mate but not necessarily getting to mate them; the bad alien dies after being lured into a trap, lots of sex scenes, lots of fight scenes & hot sexy Aliens along with ele
Alina Neacşu
Jan 29, 2015 rated it liked it
good book but i'm looking forward to book 4 more:

“Ajaska!” Jo, Star and River gasped at the same time.
“What?” He grinned again before he finished off his drink. “I think I need another drink.”
“What about my daughter?” Walter growled out. “What are you going to do?”
Ajaska shrugged his shoulders. “Kidnap her back,” he said with a mischievous grin. “Right from under his royal blue nose.”
To be continued…..
Sandra
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Manota is waiting somewhat impatiently for Jo to come to terms with being his mate. However, she has a serious case of the guilts over the original kidnapping and leaving her parents back on Earth.

So Manota's dad suggests he goes back and grab them too.

Thus the whole Circus, including the animals, go on tour to the stars.

Lots of fun.
Angarad
Nov 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Loved the story, specially how hilarious the circus family turned out to be, on Earth, in space and on Kassis. However, I didn't feel much regarding Manota and Jo. Nothing special, no real courting or fighting... It was a bit blend compared to the 2 previous books. But I am very much looking forward to reading about Ricki's story.
Philleys Peters
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A 5 star read

A fine follow-up to River and Star's stories. Jo and her mate Manota return from Earth (with some trouble along the way), with her parents and the whole circus of family and friends. The final confrontation with Tai Tek awaits. To fully enjoy this book, read books 1 and 2 first. Sci-fi romance extraordinaire!
Biljana
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, romance
I really love this series it has a perfect mix of romance, action and humour that keeps you captivated from beginning to end.

I can't wait to read the next instalment, just to be witness to all these amazing men fall at the feet of their warrior women.
Brittany
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love how the heroine in this is so fun and goes after what she wants. Her family! I love the circus people we meet in this one. What an awesome way to bring some closure to the story. I cannot wait for book four!!
Diane T.
What a delight. This one has it all. Love, passion, action, and laughs. It just doesn't get much better. I grin every time I think of those big bad Kassian warriors trying to figure out clowns. Keep up the good work, Ms. Smith.
  • Alien Caged (Clans of Kalquor, #8)
  • Kiljorn Prime (Katieran Prime, #4)
  • Operation Hydra (Ontarian Chronicles, # 2)
  • Saved by Venom (Grabbed, #3)
  • The Gryphons' Dream (The Soul-Linked Saga, #5)
  • Engulf (New World, #5)
  • Dual Abduction (Alien Abduction, #3)
  • Shadowed (Brides of the Kindred,  #8)
  • Hunting Cari (First Wave, #1)
  • Wray (Tornians, #2)
  • Hunted (Eden, #2)
  • Aiden and Ky (Tales of the Shareem, #3)
S.E. Smith is a New York Times (Twin Dragons and Dagger’s Hope) and 15 time USA TODAY Bestselling author of Science Fiction, Urban Fantasy, and Paranormal Romance. She brings action, adventure, and suspense-filled romance stories to transport readers out of this world. Sexy, funny, action-packed—Science fiction, Paranormal, Fantasy, and Contemporary stories with a twist! Discover stories with a he ...more

Lords of Kassis (6 books)
  • River's Run (Lords of Kassis, #1)
  • Star's Storm (Lords of Kassis, #2)
  • Rescuing Mattie (Lords of Kassis, #3.1)
  • Risteard’s Unwilling Empress (Lords of Kassis, #4)
  • Jarmen's Jane Doe (Lords of Kassis, #5)