Start by marking “Phoenix (Soulfinders, #2)” as Want to Read:
Phoenix (Soulfinders, #2)

Phoenix

(Benedict-Savant #2)

Hele livet har Phoenix fantaseret om at finde sin soulfinder og slippe væk fra sit usle liv som tyv. Hun ejes nemlig af Fællesskabet - en gruppe engelske savanter, der bruger deres overnaturlige evner i det ondes tjeneste. Da Phoenix bliver beordret til at stjæle fra en amerikansk udvekslingsstuderende, går hendes planer imidlertid bogstaveligt talt op i røg. For ikke alen ...more
Published March 27th 2013 by Høst & søn (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Phoenix, please sign up.
Sapphire just Yves and Phoenix, although they do come in later in the book but its mostly about the main couple

Katy
Sep 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book from cover to cover. It was full of action from the first couple of pages to the end.

I think Yves is perfect for me. I tend to go for the more shy, brainy guys, and it sure didn't hurt that this one was devastatingly handsome and such a gentleman. He's romantic but not to the point where he's too sappy, and he's protective but not to the point where he's possessive.

I love Phoenix because she's your perfect damsel in distress. She's had a hard life, but she's a survivor.
Arooj
I'm such a sucker for this series. I read the whole book in just under 12 hours. All 264 pages in 12 hours - with breaks in between! This may not seem like such a surprise to other, faster readers but to me it was pretty shocking. I usually pace myself and read around 100 to 150 pages a day, but this book? I could not stop reading until I was done. Which was by 3 am in the morning.

I don't remember the first book, Finding Sky, all too well but I do remember loving it. But when I got this book, I
Sandra
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who enjoy supernatural romance, but don't take the relationships too serious
Let me start this review by saying that I liked this book. No, it is not a literary masterpiece, but it doesn't pretend to be one either. What it is: a nice, fluffy, well-paced, just-exciting-enough YA novel, that you read through in a heartbeat. It combines romance, friendship and some action and suspense in a nice way (although I do have to add here that some of the scenes showing the family-affection felt slightly artificial to me), and although it never keeps you on the edge of your seat or ...more
Mikayla
Overall I did enjoy this book, but thought It was pretty basic, reminding me of other books.
Eulili
Apr 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was cute and a fun and fast read. I guess if I had read this book 5 years ago I would have loved it. But now.... I am a little bit too old for this.
Mateja
Feb 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot express how much I love this series. It's been torture waiting for the release of Stealing Phoenix. I did the craziest happy dance when I saw it in my mailbox.

This book was incredibly well written. The storyline was thrilling, exciting and I got absorbed into in from page one. The pages were constantly giving of waves of danger. I was so anxious the entire time, waiting for the axe to drop. Yves sure knows how to get in trouble, with Phoenix’s help of course.

Yves and Phoenix are so ado
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Phoenix belongs to a gang of Savant thieves called The Community where you cannot leave, however, when she steals from Yves she discovers that they are each other’s Soulfinder, but can she learn to trust someone or will Yves have to betray his entire family to be with Phoenix. Stealing Phoenix is just as good as Finding Sky with a girl with a hard upbringing and a guy who will do anything for her. If I have one comp
Selina
Jun 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a Bookcase to Heaven™ review.

Sometimes you immerse yourself in a drama, so much that it's all you can think about when you eat and when you sleep. And all that time spent outside the tale has you aching to get back into the exhilarating experience of hanging onto every word from the endearing cast. Then, as you zoom through the episodes, eagerly waiting to see how it ends, you realize with a start that time flies and there's only one more episode left.

If you're nodding so far, I can on
Lesley
Jun 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed
Posted on http://mykeepershelf.blogspot.com/201...
My rating 4.5 out of 5

Stealing Phoenix is the second book in the Finding Sky series by Joss Stirling, it's definitely one of the best YA series out there (in my humble opinion), it's fast paced, full of swoon worthy Benedict brothers and has the best creepy villains EVER. The Benedicts are a pretty special family, the parents and the seven brothers who's names start alphabetically with Trace and ends with Zed are savants and all have special pow
Charlie' (MyBooksAreCorrupted)
Why isnt there a 10 star button!
THIS IS THE BEST BOOK I HAVE PROBABLY READ ALL YEAR!!!
If you thought Finding Sky was good!
Well, this was AMAZING!
I love Phoenix, nickname Phee, 's character!
The life she has to endure, the lies, she doesnt know whats the truth. Since her mother died when she was only 9, Phee learned to trust noone, incase she or someone else gets hurt. Her Mother taught her about Soulmate, but when she died, she thought it was another lie her Mother told her, but only because The
Sharon Mariampillai
Actual Rating: 4.25

I loved just the same as the first book. Another Benedict brother has found his soulfinder, or soulmate. This is the story of Yves and Phoenix. This book is great. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Phoenix is a thief. She can freeze brainwaves from others, which is totally awesome if you ask me. She tries to steal from Yves, but is unable to succeed. She makes some bad decisions throughout the book that annoyed me. However, I thought it didn't take away from the story.

Yves is t
Booklover
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one is my personal favorite! I just love Yves! That name tho haha.
Christina Rodriguez
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
“I'm not a little woman you need to defend.'
His face hardened. 'That's exactly what you are: you're my little woman and I'm not having you sacrifice yourself for me.”

Loved Loved Loved it!

So I finished this book last night and when the last sentence was read I was so sad. I thought that Finding Sky was a good read but Stealing Phoenix was a great read!

In stealing Phoenix we meet Phee, a thief for a community of bad Savants. When her target is none other then the 6th Benedict son things turn cr
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
Apr 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews by: B4R Book Club
Following in the footsteps of its predecessor “Finding Sky” the cover to “Stealing Phoenix” is also elegant. I absolutely love it! We get an imaginative look at a phoenix. The trick is having read the first installment of this wonderful series do I know I will not be reading about a mythological bird..

Stirling must be her own genie in a bottle stealing her title straight from the pages of creative writing. Not only is Phee stealing to survive, but Yves is stealing for love. Joss Stirling managed
Maria
Sep 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-to-die-for
O MY GOD!!! dis is 1 of my fav books eva!!! 2 me it was just as exciting as da first 1!! u no, full of savant stuff and adventure :)
couldnt put it down!! (except wen i had 2 go 2 skul!! :( ugghh!)
oh well.. im finished it now nd i cnt believeit!! i read it 2 fast! :L
i was soo excited fer it and loved every sec of it!! i promised myself i wasnt gona write any spoilers so im just gona say dat my fav part was in da second last chapter!! ull c wat hapens wen u read it :) nd i promis u ur gona love
Steffi
The book has less chlishees than the first book in the series which was good.

Unfortunately the rest was just disappointing.
The story is so simple that there aren't even any peaks or anything exciting happening. I didn't like the female protagonist at all.
Then the magic moment of finding the soulfinder again, supposed to be the big moment in their lifes but there are no sparks, no chemistry, nothing. I had the feeling that this bond exists just for the sake of it. I couldn't feel anything specia
Connie
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Free

Title: Stealing Phoenix
Series: The Benedicts #2
Author: Joss Stirling
Overall Rating: 3 stars

This is another Drake Chronicles.

Nobody can fall in love normally, they all have to have a story.

Zed-paired off

Yves- Paired off

Let me guess, Xav will be next!

I mean, it was good story, they are always good stories, but they're never mindblowing and it bothers me that I may have to spend 7 books to read average love stories.
Caitlin Mosterd
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In my opinion Joss Stirling deserves a round of applause.
I just finished reading #StealingPhoenix and man, what a story.
I love the #Benedicts-serie.
The books are all about the Benedicts-family, but that is even more interesting,
Is the fact that each book is written from a girl’s point of view.
I think that is just ingenious.
Dark, brilliant and ingenious.
Thank you Joss Stirling for sharing #Benedicts-serie with us.

@CaitlinMaegan
Rimsa Ivashkov
This was an EPIC sequel that i enjoyed even more than the first one. The characters were pnce again very loveable and the plot was WICKED! the villian was a total asshole, so he was good at being evil. Yves was really cute and swoon-worthy and i loved his relationship with Pheonix. This is a great series and i am looking forward to the sequel.
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
Love it, love it, love it! No matter how manybtimes I read it, my opinion will never change.
Anne Fadzil
I get it now. It took me 2 books to understand the theme that the author is trying to sell; damsell in distress to be saved by a prince charming a knight in shining armor. Yerp, both the female leads were in a whole lot of distress situation in the beginning of the book and both male leads have superpowers and a powerful family to save their 'soulfinders'. Still don't understand why the author didn't just use soulmate.

This time, the story is somewhat new to me or maybe I haven't read enough. Th
Andréa
Book 2 in the Benedict-Savant series

Yves Benedict is in Summer school in London. There he becomes the target of Phoenix, a thief belonging to the Community. But Phoenix and Yves relationship goes beyond the one between a criminal and a victim. They are destined for each other. Can Yves free Phoenix from her past and have a future with her ?

I liked this book. Maybe not as much as the first one but it didn't disappoint. Yves is a Benedict through and through. He's (over)confident, funny, a bit co
TheBookAddictedGirl
Mar 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone! It's Just Incredible!
Phoenix is a thief, part of a secretive criminal group of Savants, known as the Community. Life for her is difficult, and failing a job could end in death – your own. So when a college boy seems to fight back against her powers during a run-of-the-mill theft, Phee knows how it can all end. Not well. Phoenix never expected the truth. But what will she do when the leader of the Community tries to use her against her soulfinder? And the whole of Savant Net?
Now, I read Finding Sky just a little whil
Emma
Aug 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great second book - again I couldn't put it down

Please bear in mind this is book 2 of the series and may therefore contain spoilers for the first book.

I can't say that this is a direct sequel to Finding Sky because it isn't more like a companion novel with the focus on a different brother. I know that this has probably been said and I just hate to compare books but it really is along the lines of The Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey in respect that it follows the different stories of 7 brot
Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies)
This review was originally published on Fluttering Butterflies

It wasn't so long ago that I read the first book in this series, Finding Sky. I really adored Finding Sky so when I got an email asking if I'd like to read Stealing Phoenix by Joss Stirling, I didn't hesitate! I'm usually a little wary of books in the same series in which each book has a different narrator, but there's something about these books which makes me excited and I'm able to ignore most of my usual worries.

These books by Jos
Rebecca
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the previous book to this one, Finding Sky, so I was pleased to find out that there were a following two books in the series. This book is not a follow on to Sky and Zed's story, but a brand new story about Yves, Zed's older brother, and his newly found soulfinder, Phoenix, although Sky and Zed feature in this story plenty. That is one of the things I loved about this book- we still see a lot of the other Benedict brothers, they each play an important role in the book. I liked this aspec ...more
Charlotte
Mar 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading Finding Sky, I had high hopes for Stealing Phoenix. Let me say that it did not disappoint. I enjoyed the first book in this series, but this one was better. Joss Stirling does a great job of creating the interesting world of the savants. I love the closeness of the Benedict family. They are always there when they need each other and it is unconditional.

In this book, Phoenix lives in a world of misery and fear. She is a thief living within the Community. The members are ruled by th
Berna
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! Loved it even more than Finding Sky !

I love Yves! He's FANTASTIC. So incredibly smart and sweet and humble. He's so cute! But passionate too! Funny that the shy guy is more passional that his cocky little brother. Love the passion and that she described the sensations she felt about being with her soulfinder. That was what bother me in the previous book, the lack of it.

Phee is such and interesting character. Normally the main characters are goody goody, but she was a thief! An
Kaylah
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stealing Phoenix; a phenomenon waiting to happen. In the second enstallment of the epic series, involving the handsome and psychic-ly talented Benedict family, Joss Stirling never ceases to amaze and impress her ever-growing audience. A hypnotic and gripping love story, concerning a genius a thief, Stealing Phoenix doesn't stop surprising us. While keeping the reader on the edge of their seat, Stirling unleashes the lovable characters Yves and Phoenix onto her ever-listening and always supportin ...more
Head in the clouds
I feel compelled to give this at least 4 stars for its quality. The writing flowed smoothly and the plot was engaging. The characters were also fantastic and thank god there was none of that fake annyoing type of teenage angst - all the tension and brooding were realistic and made sense.

The only issue I had was the insta-love. I just don't believe in insta-love in general and I always feel like it validates a relationship before it even started. I strongly believe that relationships should be ba

• Severed (Fated, #2)
  • Zurück nach Hollyhill (Hollyhill, #1)
  • Angel Dust
  • Mean Spirits / Young Blood (The Mediator, #3-4)
  • Blood Ransom (Blood Ties, #2)
  • Wolf Blood
  • Legend of Witchtrot Road (Spirit Guide, #3)
  • Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)
  • Everlasting. Der Mann, der aus der Zeit fiel
  • Thin Air (Thin Air Saga, #1)
  • Burn Mark (Burn Mark, #1)
  • Angel Fire (Angel, #2)
  • Sevenster (De Laatste Wachter, #1)
  • Foretold (Daughters Of Saraqael, #3)
  • Dare (Greystone, #2)
  • Kisses for Lula
  • Worlds Apart (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #14)
  • Angel's Fury
Joss Stirling is a British novelist. Her first novel under this name was the internationally successful, Finding Sky, which is followed by five others in the same series entering into the savant world of young people with special powers. Central to the story are the Benedict Brothers, seven talented guys from Colorado.

In a second series, Struck, Joss begins a new world of detective romance. The f

Benedict-Savant (6 books)
  • Finding Sky (Benedicts, #1)
  • Seeking Crystal (Benedicts, #3)
  • Misty Falls (Benedicts, #4)
  • Angel Dares (Benedicts, #5)
  • Summer Shadows (Benedicts, #6)
“Soulfinders can't be bad for each other - they are each other. We aren't complete apart.” 95 likes
“I'm not a little woman you need to defend.'
64 likes