Start by marking “The Eternity Cure (Blood Of Eden, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Eternity Cure (Blood Of Eden, #2)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  32,596 Ratings  ·  3,185 Reviews
In Allison Sekemoto's world, there is one rule left: Blood calls to blood

She has done the unthinkable: died so that she might continue to live. Cast out of Eden and separated from the boy she dared to love, Allie will follow the call of blood to save her creator, Kanin, from the psychotic vampire Sarren. But when the trail leads to Allie's birthplace in New Covington, wha
Published May 3rd 2013 by Mira Ink (first published April 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Eternity Cure, please sign up.
Penn Hall Still holding out for Kanin but I think that ship's sunk so now Zeke. They're all very flawed in different repects.

Nidia
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

OH. MY. GOD

2013????

Or Not

description

Do you know what's worse than having to wait for the next book of your favourite series?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT August 20th

44 LIKES? Woooow My reviews have never EVER been liked before (probably because they suck and I'm new here)

I can't wait to actually review this book ;)

EDIT September 24th

So many reunions awaited... Percy and Annabeth...Allie and Kanin...*Sigh*

EDIT March 5th.

OMG CAN'T WAIT!

EDIT March 31st

THE ANTICIPAT
Kat Kennedy
I’m not sure how to proceed with this review WITHOUT resorting to a shit ton of gifs. I just really feel like some kind of crazy wild action would better represent how I feel than words ever could.

I mean, I could say that The Eternity Cure is one badass tale that left me desperate for more because this story was fucking awesome. Or I could just do this:

shocked with awe

Which is, no joke, my exact facial expression upon finishing this book. I think it actually stayed like that for a full two minutes.

I could tell
Emily May

"I smelled blood as soon as I walked into the room..."

And with that line begins one of the most enthralling, bloody, violent and emotional books I've read in a long time. For a book that is a combination of two of the most over-saturated young adult genres - dystopian and vampire-centric urban fantasy - this is a story which feels completely original in its execution and is utterly captivating from its grisly opening to its jaw-dropping climax. If, like me, you weren't sure about The Immortal R
Isabella
Apr 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, netgalley
"I don't believe in fate," he said carefully, "but... I do believe everything happens for a reason. That there is some plan, some meaning to this darkness we live in."

Julie Kagawa, you did it again. You held my heart in your fist and masterfully let me see the lights of paradise just so you could, in the end, beautifully destroy me. You ripped my heart in tiny little pieces and I'm still here, days after ending The Eternity Cure, trying to hold on to sanity. Believe me, after what you did at t
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
After Reading:
AMAZING BOOK!!!!
But...
THAT ENDING!!!!!!

Before Reading:
WHAT?!
IT COMES OUT AFTER THE WORLD ENDS?!!

*cries*

EDIT:
YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!
There's a title now!
It sounds so awesome! XD

ANOTHER EDIT:
OH MY HOLY FREXING DONUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The immortal rules might be made into a movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Palomar Pictures Options The Immortal Rules and Blood of Eden Series by New York Times Bestselling Author Julie Kagawa

THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!XD

ANOTHER ONE OF MY NUMEROUS EDITS:Okay! F
Julie
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-books
HOLD UP.
description

Um, hi, ending? Yeah? I'm a human? I have emotions? Emotions that have been stomped on, thrown in a garbage disposal, crushed, mangled, eaten, regurgitated, and then taped back together, but not to the point where I'm back to normal. Thank you, for that last world crushing, feels inducing, last page. That last page swooped down carrying relief, happiness, and feels (oh yes, the feels), but also dread and terror BECAUSE. If you read this already, you got me. Let's cry together.

Holy frick
shady boots | #WatchPOSE
Julie. Oh, Julie. I love you so much.

But you tore my heart to pieces, Ms. Thing. ._.

This was everything I wanted in a sequel. It had action, it had emotion, it had character development, it had plot development, it had everything that I needed.

The story continues with Allison still on the search for Kanin, who's being held hostage and tortured by Sarren, a psychotic vampire. The trail leads to Allison stumbling upon Jackal, however, her blood brother, and the two form an unlikely alliance to sea
Catherine
A year of waiting might just turn me into a rabid.

So if you wake up one night and see a pale, emaciated creature with a mouth full of sharp teeth clawing at your window, Ms. Kagawa, don't be scared. Just hand over the manuscript and I won't eat you.
Ari
I repeat:
I.Do.Not.Like.Vampire.Books!

And you see that rating up there?
It should say 6 stars, but I don’t know where in the Fringe the last one might be. I should report it missing because in fact..
I.ADORED.THIS.BOOK!

After reading this story I might have left only one neuron (the others have gone looking for Eden again) and it’s a bit fuzzy around the edges, intoxicated by all these mind-blowing turnarounds. I barely got my head around one piece of information when another bomb was thrown my
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

“There are no good choices, Allison,' Kanin offered in a quiet voice. 'There are only those you can live with, and those you can work to change.”

description

Not many times happens to me, but this time I had to wait a while to process everything that had happened and put my thoughts in order so I hope can write a decent review, here I go :)

When I finished the first book, literally I went immediately for the next one,I was excited to see how the story would continue , and to be honest my expectations wer
 ⚔ Sh3lly - Grumpy Name-Changing Wanderer ⚔
I started this over a month ago and put it down because it wasn't drawing me in. Now, I got up to 20% and I'm officially throwing in the towel.

I'm just not connecting with it. Allison is forced to team up with her vampire "brother," Jackal, who is a villainous type. They are looking for their Maker, who needs saving. They dislike each other.

Not much happened up to the 20% mark except running into lots of rabids and looking for the "cure" to rabidism.

Also, Jackal and Allison's banter is just too
Okay. Was I the only one who thought that this blue cover was just a placeholder?

Well its not. Its the actual cover. (The information about it can be read on Julie Kagawa's blog)

As said in her blog post, there are many reasons why they chose to "remake" the cover of The Immortal Rules series. Some of these reasons include the original cover not being "dystopian enough".

Ahem.

Sorry. I just choked. Seriously. I did not just do that because I think its BS. Nope. Not at all.

What in the world mak
Faye, la Patata
Final verdict: 2.5/5 but rounded up to 3

Disclaimer: Lots of swearing ahead. I am so sorry. I don't usually curse a lot, but this book disappointed me too much. I deserve some space to vent these feelings out.

God knows how much I detest books whose paranormal elements center around Vampires. This biased feeling of mine wasn't influenced by Twilight in any way, although that saga definitely made it worse, but I guess it's just something that stemmed from reading books that portray such creatures i
Kristalia
Final rating: 5/5 stars

“There are no good choices, Allison,” Kanin offered in a quiet voice. “There are only those you can live with, and those you can work to change.”

I need to recover from this one. My mind is blown into pieces. My heart has been repeatedly smashed into the wall, picked up and smashed again. But thankfully i am still alive.

This sequel is probably the best book i have read this year and in a while. Absolutely amazing, full of action, fast paced and totally ended with a frea
Steph Sinclair

EDIT: So the cover is up and I'm actually happy with it. I'm very please Harlequin dropped the model from The Immortal Rules who wasn't Asian and went in a different direction. It's not my favorite cover in the world, but it's not bad either.

-----------------

Let me love you. <3
Phrynne
The middle book in the trilogy and as with the first book I almost loved it, but not quite. My main issue was probably the sheer relentlessness of the action. I enjoy action and I enjoy a fast pace to a story, but there needs to be some peace occasionally and time to breathe and recover. I suppose the banter between Allie and Jackal is intended to bring some comic relief but it is only minor and not always especially funny. Nevertheless it is a good story and well told even if I did skim the fig ...more
Lucille
AFTER RE-READING 31 July 2013 I finally came up with my Top 10 12 quotations. There are so many that I had a hard time narrowing it down to ten twelve.

1. You and me, sister, we're exactly the same. Fight it as long as you want--in the end, the monster always wins. -Jackal

2. You can't save anyone now. The requiem has started, and when the last melody plays, the only applause will be sweet, eternal silence. -Sarren

3. In that moment, I'd never wanted to be human more, just so I could be with Ezekie
Navessa
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review

I didn’t like this.

What?! She didn’t like this? What the hell is going on here?

Litchick, have you finally lost your mind???

Um…maybe? To be honest, I don’t really know what happened. I mean, I LOVED the first book. I really did. I just feel like in this one Allie was a completely different person than who she was in The Immortal Rules.

MCs can really make or break a story for me and in this case, sadly, she broke it.

I just…what the hell happene
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
There are two types of families, one we are born to, and one we choose. We can't choose the former, the latter forms almost inadvertently sometimes, but they're just as important. My friend told me that once, and that quote leaped to my mind as I read this book. I love the twisted dynamics of the family that poor Allison has got herself into in The Eternity Cure. I didn't really like the concept of this series when I reluctantly started reading it, but The Immortal Rules turned out to be better ...more
Kilikina
Gaaaaaah. This series just keeps getting better and better! Jackal is quickly becoming my favorite character...after Zeke of course :] *swoon*

But ummm...that ending.....?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT. THE. FUCK. How am I supposed to wait a year after a cliffhanger like that....UGHHHHHHHHHH. *goes to cry in a corner*

-----------------------------------------
It seriously pains me to know that I have to wait another year for this book.

*EDIT* snippet at the end of The Lost Prince: "Hello, sister
Blythe
This. Will. (Hopefully). Be. Epic.

EDIT: The Eternity Cure... Me gusta.

EDIT #2: WE HAVE A SYNOPSIS. I REPEAT: WE HAVE A SYNOPSIS.

EDIT #3: Is that the official cover? It's ... not exactly what I was expecting. Nice, though. Just different than the first. Very different. (It's probably just a placeholder.)
Penny
Rating Clarification: 3.5 stars

Before I start with the glum and doom I need to say that THIS SERIES IS AWESOME AND NEEDS TO BE READ.

The first book of the Blood of Eden series was such a phenomenal start that I knew keeping up that standard was going to be tough, but I was so excited about how much I loved it that I was expecting even better for this next installment.

However, I was a bit disappointed. I didn't enjoy The Eternity Cure nearly as much as I did The Immortal Rules . I found that All
Cereja Cult
May 12, 2012 marked it as i-ll-be-right-back  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
2013????? Really?? What about me, Julie? Did you think about that???

Valeria
2013 ???

Photobucket Image Hosting

I can't wait that long, I need more Allie now !

Photobucket Image Hosting
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
The last two books in Julie Kagawa’s impressive bibliography – first The Lost Prince and now The Eternity Cure – show a certain level of maturity and self-assuredness that simply wasn’t there before. I always enjoyed her books, even those first few ones in which she relied on familiar mythology and tropes, but now that she trusts herself enough to fly solo, like has become too small a word for how I feel. In The Eternity Cure more than ever before, Kagawa kept all the fine threads tight
Suzanne
Apr 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopian, vampires
I really enjoyed The Immortal Rules, with Kanin winning a place in my heart. After what we seen happen to him then, I was anxiously awaiting the release of The Eternity Cure and looked forward to journeying with Allie to find and save him. What I didn't expect was to finish this book with a new favourite character, Jackal, who really made this book for me.

The book opens with Allie, alone, and following the blood tie she has to Kanin as he's her sire. She's been dreaming of him and the torture t
Joie
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

As far as sequels go, I'm glad to say that The Eternity Cure did not disappoint- which was quite a feat considering how much I loved The Immortal Rules. This book made me feel so many things- from anxiety to anticipation to short-lived joy to heartache- that I'm going to have to break down this review piece by piece.

The Characters
Allie.
Badass as ever. She is both fierce and fearsome, which makes for a great vampire, yet she also carries vulnerabilities and insecurities,
Kira Simion
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod!

5/5 beautifully bloody stars!

READ THE FIRST BOOK BEFORE THIS ONE! It'll help the feels. :D (Not sadness feels as much as yes, kick some butt feels! ;))

I avoided this book because usually the first book of the series is the best but, this one was even BETTER than the first one!

Review to come!

MWAHHAHAHAHA

When you've screamed at a book, you've probably gotten strange looks. When I screamed, cheered, and my eyes almost popped out of my head, all I could think was
Jasprit
“This is what I am, I thought, walking forward to join them. This is where I belong, in the darkness. We’re vampires. That’s all we’ll ever be”

Once again when I’ve found myself stumbling through books and in a reading slump, Kagawa is the one to pull me out of it. I had high hopes for The Eternity Cure after adoring The Immortal Rules last year but The Eternity Cure exceeded all my expectations. I have so much love for this book right now that I think my review will just be full of incoherent ba
Carolin Wahl
5 Sterne (:
So und nicht anders!
Also ich ziehe meinen Hut: Klasse Dialoge, super Spannungsaufbau, unerwartete Wendungen und sehr viel Atmosphäre. Ich bin wirklich begeistert. Ich mag den Schreibstil irgendwie sehr gerne, weil er ein großartiges Kopfkino erzeugt, ohne dabei auf zu viele Details einzugehen. Ich habe immer noch genug Platz mir meine eigene Welt zu erschaffen, aber genau das hat geklappt - und wie!
Dicke Leseempfehlung.
Ich bin mal gespannt, ob die anderen Bücher der Autorin auch was
Julie Kagawa Fans: Eternity Cure Cliffhanger 1 3 Aug 16, 2016 01:25PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2) by Julie Kagawa ---> Restarting August 7th 2015 64 103 Jul 13, 2015 01:55AM
Zeke: Theories?!?! 24 115 Nov 27, 2014 01:35AM
Jackal 22 188 Aug 19, 2014 10:27AM
Did Stick like Allison? 4 68 May 24, 2014 06:57AM
  • Spirit (Elemental, #3)
  • Phoenix (Black City, #2)
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • The Prey (The Hunt, #2)
  • Crushed (Soul Eaters, #2)
  • Half Black Soul (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • What Kills Me (What Kills Me, #1)
  • Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #2)
  • Haze (The Rephaim, #2)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • A Shimmer of Angels (Angel Sight, #1)
  • The Hallowed Ones (The Hallowed Ones, #1)
  • Quicksilver (Ultraviolet, #2)
  • My Ex From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #1)
  • Blood-Kissed Sky (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #2)

Blood of Eden (3 books)
  • The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)
  • The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Twilight / Life and Death (Twilight, #1, 1.75)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
  • The Last
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Thousandth Floor (The Thousandth Floor, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)
  • Red Country
  • The Historian
  • The Girl Who Drank the Moon
    $15.95 $1.99
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • The Birthday of the World and Other Stories
    $11.49 $1.99
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
“I cannot let the fear of the past color the future.” 666 likes
“I have good news and bad news The good news is that the jeep is still where we left it, and I got the damned thing working again."

"What's the bad news?"

"Something took my fuzzy dice.”
177 likes