Start by marking “Wreck Me (Wrecked, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wreck Me (Wrecked, #1)

Wreck Me (Wrecked #1)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  10,714 Ratings  ·  895 Reviews
Life can be cruel. People can be ruthless and evil. The world can be cold and uninviting. No one knows these things better than Josephine Geroux. By her own definition, she is a twenty-five year old “nobody with nothing,” and she is content to stay that way. Growing up an orphan has made her tough and indifferent to the people around her until she meets a strangely familia ...more
Published February 19th 2013 by J.L. Mac Books

To ask other readers questions about Wreck Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wreck Me

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo MacWrecked1TitebySueBee_zpsa519d04d.jpg
 photo WM1stat0xBbysb_zps58b324b4.gif
 photo WM1storyxBbysb_zps1d5e7665.gif
★★★★★! Wreck Me, part 1 of 3. After surviving being orphaned & homeless Jo is swept off her feet by enigmatic & determined entrepreneur Damon Cole!

“You’re the best thing that ever happened to my shitty life.”

These novellas should be read in order:
Part 1: Wreck Me
Part 2: Restore Me
Part 3: Accept Me

Wreck me (part 1) opens up to Josephine Geroux, Jo running off a shoplifter in the small bookstore she runs. She is approached by entrepreneur Damon Cole who he invites her for coffee.
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
No No No......Did not finish...Gave up after cheeseburger casserole...Story line was dumb, couldn't connect with the characters, just a crap book overall...How the hell is this book rating so high for people?? Did I read a totally different book???

CANT photo tumblr_mghp1dIkPw1rcny7ko1_500_zps270b37d4.gif

stupid photo tumblr_mjwtbr3OZB1rnrrfco1_500_zps09d7b3ae.png

sucks photo tumblr_m6c6sbJhdX1qas2jf_zpsea635d1f.gif

photo tumblr_mmy13f7dcQ1r3bfgio1_500_zps32182653.gif

run away photo tumblr_m2edi5spDl1rnbqd8_zps00955eed.gif

If you read this and liked it....
judging photo tumblr_inline_mid1sdP1QB1qz4rgp_zps9fa06de0.gif
Kim Person
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know what to expect when I started reading Wreck Me but by gosh by the end of the first chapter I was already thinking .......

WTH??? Oh my, Oh yes, Oh I'm in flipping HEAVEN! I love emotional books and let me tell you the story of Josephine Geroux and Damon Cole is one hell of a ride! So buckle those freaking seatbelts folks cause you are going to join my emotional fest. "Jo" has been through more in the past 16 years than anyone has a right to! The thing about Jo is she is strong and I
J.L. Mac
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I love Wreck Me. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I enjoyed writing it. -J.L. Mac
Meaghan
Man.....
I've got a few words about this
More soon

2 stars...
The extra star comes from the fact that I really appreciated that Jo was very much in charge of her sexuality during the early goings. I don't think that's something we get a lot in these type books. The extra star also owes to the fact that the novel was pretty awesome when it started off. The meet cute was nice and so were the first few interactions between Jo and Damon
but then
BUT THEN
My feelings on Wreck Me can be pretty much illustra
J
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ohh this was good!!

description

Growing up an orphan has made twenty-five year old Josephine Geroux tough and indifferent to the people around her.
After her parents are killed in a car accident Jo spends her teen years on the streets refusing to be a victim in care. She goes at it alone, homeless and hungry.
This tragedyy that is her life has made made her tough and indifferent to the people around her.
The only thing that she finds helps her emptiness is frequent, amazing sex.

I guess I am one of those text
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
*sigh*

I really wanted to like this book. I'm apparently (as seems to happen a too frequently lately) the only person who didn't love it.

There just seemed like something was off the whole book. The dialogue seemed odd and stilted a lot of the time. There were several occasions where there was a missing transition. They would be in the middle of a serious conversation, and boom, suddenly they are getting it on. The "subject" seemed to change without warning. It left me WTFing a few times.

I wasn'
Lisa
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Not the book for me. And, that is all I am going to say.
Bookhooking (Tanya Childress)
Five Fan-Fucking-Tastic-Stars!!

I loved every friggin minute of it and J. L. Mac did a fantastic job writing it! She has wrecked me but in a totally good way and I cannot wait for Restore Me because I want MORE and you will too!!

Josephine "Jo" Geroux is bitter and angry. Boy is she angry but who could blame her, really? She has lived a very hard, shitty life after a terrible accident claims the life of her parents, therefore leaving her all alone at the very young age of 9.

Fast forward 16 years a

Smitten's Book Blog

Argh, a cliffhanger that reaaally leaves you hanging! Thankfully the next book is out soon so I won't have too long to wait.

Okay, what did I think of this book? There were good points and bad points. Firstly, it is literally like Fifty Shades and Ten Tiny Breaths have collided head on and intertwined to make another story. That bothered me a little. I'd prefer to read something wholly new and fresh, rather than an amalgamation of two books I've already read.
... But not enough to stop me readin
Holly
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***ARC given by author to read and review***

Wreck Me was the first book from J.L. Mac I had the pleasure of reading but it definitely won’t be the last (I have Seven Years Bad Luck on my TBR and it’s since moved up) Wreck Me was absolutely EXCELLENT and I’m telling you now the ending of the book did exactly what the title says…Wrecked Me!!! Like WTF J.L. Mac how could you do this to me?!?!?!?!?!?!

Without going into super details because I don’t want to spoil anything, we have Jo our heroine who,

~ Becs ~
I was asked to review this book by the author and, after our followers started raving about it, I had absolutely no hesitation and I really enjoyed it. I completely lost myself in it, came to love all the characters. It made me happy and said, it made me giggle, it definitely made me despair and it’s also very, very sexy.

Josephine is an orphan, having lost both her parents in a car accident which left her a victim of the foster system and ultimately homeless. She didn’t just grow up, she dragged
Kim
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, faves
I know him but I don't. I want him but I don't. I need him but I don't.

This book is like a train wreck. I knew what was going to happen, I was just waiting for it, but I could not stop reading and hoping that it would all be okay. I was drawn in immediately by the writing style and story. This is not a just a sweet, happy, rainbows and butterflies kind of book. It is emotional, raw, and the main characters have both had tragedies in their pasts that have shaped them.

Jo...she is alone, has surv
*Marsha,Marsha,Marsha* It's always Marsha
All I can say is Lord a mercy. This is a book that will have you putting your underwear on backwards, wearing two different shoes, putting eyeliner on your lips, and breaking out a beer and fanning yourself like crazy.

This book had me from the beginning. Prologue is poignant and the reader just knows, you just know what is coming down the pike but you get on that roller coaster and just go for broke.

Josephine is another tortured soul. But Josephine is not just ANY tortured soul. She has a wheel
Kathy
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Wreck Me by J.L. Mac is one book that will go on my MUST READ list and will definitely be in the running for a favorite of the year for me. This is truly a modern Romeo and Juliet story. Filled with angst, heartache, loss, and romance; J.L. Mac has birthed the love child of The Sea of Tranquility and Fifty Shades of Gray.

Jo has lost everything at the young age of nine years old. With no family and no future, she is shuffled back and forth to different foster homes, where she endures more than h
Rhea
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mother of all cliffhangers! Hell, no!
Out of all the possible outcomes, the author couldn't have come with a more heartbreaking ending for this book!

I wasn't convinced I'd like this book when I purchased it. I didn't know what to expect and I was kind of half prepared for another disaster.
But I loved it! It was a sweet and heartbreaking story at the same time and it got my attention from the first page.
This story is unlike any I had ever read, pulling emotions from every depth.

"I'm sorry", I c
Leigh Parrish
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait to read this!!!! Love her previous book!!

Just finished it & I need book 2 right now!!!! It was a great book & I need more lol
Anna
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My heart was racing the last 15% of this book !!!
Cliffhanger ........ Nooooo! I need to know how this ends !!!!
Juls
Feb 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing is ever what they seem and Jo having the shittiest life ever should have known this.
Lost her family by the age of 9 and then by 12 on the streets, homeless and alone. Its hardened her and she doesnt take crap from anyone.

Jo has turned her life around. She is no longer homeless. She has a job and a roof over her head. Her job is her everything. Someone tries to steal a book from her bookstore and she wont have it so she stops him. In the process she ends up meeting Damon Cole. He is eve
Jacqueline's Reads
5 delicious and steamy stars!

Delicate lace panties tear easily, especially when they’re damp. He’s a dirty scoundrel. I love it.

I am really surprised on how much I enjoyed Wreck Me, Despite the CLIFF-HANGER!

[Summary]

Josephine became an orphan at a very young age, because of that, she hasn’t has the best life. She’s almost homeless, poor and only has a GED. Working at a bookstore, she meets Damon. Damon is super successful, good-looking, dominate alpha male and is very interested in Josephine.
Crista
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

Wreck Me by J.L. Mac, was a definite “mixed bag” for me. Some will definitely love this one, but I found it too depressing and my heart never engaged.

First off, this is a story written in first person from Jo’s perspective. She has lived a hard life filled with tragedy. Her parents, both immigrants from France, were killed in a car accident when she was just nine years old. From that moment on, Jo had to grow up quickly. Living most of her growing up years
Amy
Feb 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I seem to be in the minority here, but this book just didn't do it for me. I'm not really sure why. The writing was solid and the plot line was good, maybe a little predictable. It just didn't engage me the way a book normally does; I was kind of waiting for it to be over so I could move on to something else :(
❃ Brandy ❃
Excuse me while I pick my jaw off of the floor.............. What in the hell did I just read and how in the world could any author end a book like that??????????? If I knew how to post those animated videos in my reviews, I'd be posting some of them now. WHAT-IN-THE-WORLD................. I'm just beside myself. I think the ONLY cliffhanger that I've read that tops this one is, hands down, Cloe Neil's, Hard Bitten. This one is a close second & I don't say that lightly.

Ok.... Now to my actua
Jessica's Book Review
Read more reviews | Find Me on Facebook

I guess I expected Wreck Me to be a bit less erotic and more emotional. So maybe I went in with the wrong mind set when I started. I liked Wreck Me. I liked the characters a lot. Jo was fun and sassy and Damon was very sexy, domineering, and rich! Can’t forget he’s rich! I loved how controlling he was over Jo and wanted to protect her and support her. Maybe in real life I couldn’t handle a guy that controlling but if he was buying me clothes, bookshops,
Micah
I'm going to say 3.5 stars. And it all has to do with the lack of editing. There are so many they're/their/there and your/you're mistakes, it made my head hurt. That is one of my biggest pet peeves and it occurs so often in this book, I doubt it was really edited.

The story was good, but I had figured out the twist in the first chapter. That didn't make me stop reading (although the grammar mistakes almost did). I did feel like the relationship between the main characters was rushed...explained a
Christie«SHBBblogger»
I'll keep it short and simple.
Me (after reading this book):

And finally...I NEED MORE.
Michelle  novelsontherun
BOOK REVIEW by Michelle 16th March 2013:

5 SMEXI HEART STOPPER STARS!

J.L. Mac is an author to watch out for. At only twenty six years of age, the girl can write!

Booyaaah!

Throw her over your shoulder onto your TBR pile if you haven’t already.

Slam dunk !

Wreck Me was an awesome read. I fell in love with everything about it. I even loved that heart wrenching cliffhanger. Now I have to keep secrets so my review in no way will capture what I am really trying to say.

Not long to wait for book # 2 - Re
Nacole Stayton
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was honored to read Wreck Me by J.L Mac and trust me she has proven to be a literary genius! From the moment I finished the preface I couldn’t put it down. This author has such a way with words. It’s like each word pulls at a piece of your heart and mind urging you to feel how the character feels. In every one of her books I feel a true connection with the heroine. Josephine Geroux is cold and lonely until Damon Cole comes storming into her life like prince charming. She is as real and honest ...more
Miri
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy mother of God! This was just not hot.. This book was scorching hot! I loved the story. But I love Damon Cole more. Wow! (Panting,sigh.. All the above) when it comes to this man. I love alpha male books! So of course this was right up my alley. I couldn't put this book down.. This was one of those books you will read and can only be happy when it's done. I spend like 3 or 4 hrs at Starbucks finishing this book. This left me crying, anxious, hot and bother, crying again, more hot and bother, ...more
Mitashi
The book was very much predictable.. I knew from the beginning its gonna happen.. But the last chapter was some what shocking... Well a great cliffhanger.. But I know.. No story works without the hero.. So that much is also predictable... So i am gonna let the second book slip.. No need to go over board when you know what's gonna happen..
Only thing I like in this book is the feisty heroine... She rocks...
Wreck me ... I'm looking forward to suggestions 2 34 Dec 14, 2013 03:11AM
  • Finding Never (Tasting Never, #2)
  • Plastic Hearts (Hearts, #1)
  • Misguided Heart (Misguided, #1)
  • Broken
  • Tolerance (Heart of Stone, #2; NSC Industries, #3)
  • By a Thread (By a Thread, #1)
  • Hustle Me (Bank Shot Romance, #1)
  • Lost in Distraction (Lost, #1)
  • Nets and Lies
  • Relentless (Shattered Hearts, #2)
  • Reckless Abandon (November Blue, #2)
  • Blind Obsession
  • Pieces of Lies (Pieces of Lies, #1)
  • Ruining You (Ruining, #2)
  • Destined to Change (Destined, #1)
  • Tracks (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • Dark Passion (Dark Brother, #1)
  • Beneath Him (Harlow book 1)
Indie author, J.L. Mac is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Wrecked series, Seven Years of Bad Luck, Vital Sign and Oculus (co-written with LG Pace III). Beginning with her debut novel in January 2013, J.L. Mac has self-published seven novels and has collectively sold more than 100,000 e-books to date. J.L. Mac's upcoming Social Series is highly anticipated and is set to release late spring ...more
More about J.L. Mac

Wrecked (3 books)
  • Restore Me (Wrecked, #2)
  • Accept Me (Wrecked, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“I didn’t have anyone, but every time I walked through those doors I felt like each of those authors was my family and the characters they created were all my friends. I counted on them. They were all I ever had. All I still have. Now that the store may go out of business I feel like I’m losing my family and friends. I love all my books. Being a book lover saved my life.” 44 likes
“You may not realize it yet, but you’re mine. Not because I am claiming you. You’re mine because that’s how it is.” 39 likes